Author Topic: Fabio Aurelio  (Read 264785 times)

Offline stevenl

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Fabio Aurelio
« Reply #160 on: April 3, 2007, 10:28:42 pm »
Selling Warnock looks a poor decision now....

Hindight of course.

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: April 3, 2007, 10:28:55 pm »
How long are players usually out after snapped achillies? Sounds pretty bad but if he's back in time a good, full pre-season may do him the world of good. By the sounds of it though, he won't be back for ages.
the itv pundits said it's the worst injury you can pick up as a player.....townsend said that you can actually hear the awful snap when near such an incident.

They said career threatening and that many do not make it back.  :(

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #162 on: April 3, 2007, 10:31:47 pm »
the itv pundits said it's the worst injury you can pick up as a player.....townsend said that you can actually hear the awful snap when near such an incident.

Fucking gutting if true, but I just don't want to believe anything Andy Townsend says - Ever. Can't stand the bloke.

Hope he makes it back, stronger than ever, because he's just perfect to play as our leftback. Don't think we could buy a player better suited, even with any new money.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #163 on: April 3, 2007, 10:32:21 pm »
Townsend also said "it doesn't matter if you lose as long as you don't concede".

I wouldn't listen to a word he says, terrible pundit.

Anytime a player goes down with no opposition near them you always have to fear the worst, shame as Aurelio has looked promising both in going forward and in his defensive work, for the past two games.
AHA!

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: April 3, 2007, 10:32:23 pm »
wait so are we trusting ITV pundits rather than some actualy information... they're all clowns and bimbos.  maybe we should hold off on the funeral for fabio's career for a while yet.

Offline LFC-Dan

• one of the worst here!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: April 3, 2007, 10:34:30 pm »
Could proper see the tweak.  Looked very painful.

Unlucky Fab :(
Justice for the 96

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: April 3, 2007, 10:41:12 pm »
i don't like Townsend either, as a pundit.

But he's gonna know all about footballing injuries.  And the other pundit, who I like, agreed.

It's desperately depressing.  I was glowing in the first half.  I was raving again about the lad's wonderful performance. We'd finally found the fecking awesome left back we'd been seeking for years.  And then it's fecking snapped away from us.

I feel so sorry for the lad. 

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: April 3, 2007, 10:44:09 pm »
it says achilles injury on the official site now in the match report, which is a bummer.... i wonder how good insua is?

Offline Sweet Silver Song

• Rotation, rotation, rotation....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Proud not to be a hypocrite...
« Reply #168 on: April 3, 2007, 10:55:14 pm »
i don't like Townsend either, as a pundit.

But he's gonna know all about footballing injuries.  And the other pundit, who I like, agreed.

It's desperately depressing.  I was glowing in the first half.  I was raving again about the lad's wonderful performance. We'd finally found the fecking awesome left back we'd been seeking for years.  And then it's fecking snapped away from us.

I feel so sorry for the lad. 

I'm lazy to look up the thread, but this reminds me of a Valencia fan that posted on here just after we bought him. I can't forget his words "He'll be your best player in two games, and be injured in the third".
*With such simplicity the European cup is won.
**Sour-ness, will he get a shot? Now Dalglish...across the face of the goaaaalllll!
***Alan Kennedy!...He goes on...he scores!
****Liverpool need a Grobbelaar save...or a Conti miss. They've got a Conti miss!
*****And Liverpool have won it! They're back...outsiders all the way...

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: April 3, 2007, 10:57:06 pm »
Gutted could see that is was serious

Insua your time lad

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: April 3, 2007, 10:57:46 pm »
that's what i started to think, mate, after this injury tonight.  The incident was so innocous.  And when you see players get injured that easy, it's usually a very bad sign.  I recall Redknapp was always getting injured too easily.

Maybe the lad is always gonna be injury prone.  :(

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: April 3, 2007, 10:58:14 pm »
I fear the worst. Can only hope he'll be back soon, but I expect him to be out for the rest of the season. :( He's shown he's quality and he looked like he was going to install himself as 1st pick. I wish him a speedy recovery. All the best, Fabio!

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: April 3, 2007, 11:01:45 pm »
Gutted for the boy, he's looked a class act all season when we've been able to get him on the green stuff.

Was it a ruptured achilles that Digger had in 91(?)...Cause he was never the same again after the achilles problems he had.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2007, 11:03:21 pm by Art Vandelay »
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #173 on: April 3, 2007, 11:03:12 pm »
Yeah it was Art, picked up on England duty too.
AHA!

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: April 3, 2007, 11:06:22 pm »
If riise can stay fit we will be ok, we managed with finnan as our only right back for 6 months

Gutted for Aurelio though he was just starting to show what he could do aswell, hopefully he wont be out too long but its not looking good he was in serious pain there

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #175 on: April 3, 2007, 11:09:17 pm »
Absolutely gutted for the lad.  He's been class this season.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline lukas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: April 3, 2007, 11:11:01 pm »
Im absolutely devastated for the lad.  My dads had that injury himself playing squash he knew what he had done straight off. 

Like when fabio looked around as if someone had kicked him, my dad thought someone had opened the court door on his achillies.  He was in a cast for 3 months with his.

Was looking so promising. Just hope JAR stays fit and well.
PSN:lr3487

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: April 3, 2007, 11:15:32 pm »
lukas, sorry to hear of your dad's injury.

Did your dad recover fully?

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: April 3, 2007, 11:19:25 pm »
bad luck for fab , it looks like he will be out for a long time  .

Offline LfcFinland

• Kemlynite

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #180 on: April 3, 2007, 11:35:17 pm »

Happened to my brother-in-law. He said it sounded like a gun going off and he knew straight away it was his achilles. Took him 9 months to get back to normal. He was playing basketball in Nikes gym at corporate HQ. He had excellent care btw. Full medical staff on site. But had to wear a "boot" for a few months after surgery, then rehab.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: April 3, 2007, 11:36:01 pm »
Really thought he would cement his place at lb in the coming weeks

Big shame, looks like its been the case all his career though

Hope he makes a fully recovery

Offline Harry_Wong

• RAWK Security Consultant. a right burka
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red in the Head
« Reply #182 on: April 3, 2007, 11:39:57 pm »
Just when I thought Rafa had the luxury of choice for full-back on either side.

I really cruel blow for Fabio, when he'd played his way into his preferred position and was playing so well. Thankfully everyone got to see a first class performances against Chelsea and Arsenal at Anfield.

Quote from: CNN
Achilles tendon rupture
From MayoClinic.com
Treatment for Achilles tendon ruptures can be surgical or nonsurgical.

* Surgery. The usual treatment for a complete rupture of an Achilles tendon is surgery. The procedure generally involves making an incision in the back of your lower leg and stitching the torn tendon together. Depending on the condition of the torn tissue, the repair may be reinforced with other tendons. Afterward, you'll need to spend about six to 12 weeks with your leg in a walking boot, cast, brace or splint. To promote healing and to avoid stretching the surgical repair, your foot may initially be pointed slightly downward in the boot or brace, and then moved gradually to a neutral position.
    * Nonsurgical treatment. This approach typically involves wearing a cast or walking boot, which allows the ends of your torn tendon to reattach themselves on their own. This method can be effective, and it avoids the risks, such as infection, associated with surgery. However, the likelihood of re-rupture is higher with a nonsurgical approach, and recovery can take longer. If re-rupture occurs, surgical repair may be more difficult.

If you are very active and want to resume strenuous sports or recreational activities, surgical repair is usually preferable. Surgery is generally very effective, and your risk of complications is typically quite low. If you are less active or have a chronic illness, you may wish to opt for nonsurgical treatment, which precludes wound complications and exposure to anesthesia, and is less expensive.

After treatment, whether surgical or nonsurgical, you'll go through a rehabilitation program involving physical therapy exercises to strengthen your leg muscles and Achilles tendon. Most people return to their former level of activity within four to six months. Recovery depends not only on the quality of the rehab program but also on your commitment to recuperating your prior skills.

Good luck for 2007/8.  :(
Bill Shankly invites reporters into the changing room to meet his new captain, Ron Yeats:
"I've just signed a colossus. Come in and walk round him…"
1961-71: Promoted 1st season, 2 Championships, 1 FA Cup

Offline Mango Jango

• Main Stander
« Reply #183 on: April 3, 2007, 11:46:25 pm »
Terribly unlucky - prior to that was just thinking to myself how lucky we were to have him on the left side supplying all the crosses - and also thinking that he has improved so much more on his defensive duties as he got to know the league better

Online Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #184 on: April 3, 2007, 11:51:04 pm »
Very good player who has a big future at Liverpool. Get well soon lad!

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: April 4, 2007, 01:06:07 am »
Happened to my brother-in-law. He said it sounded like a gun going off and he knew straight away it was his achilles. Took him 9 months to get back to normal. He was playing basketball in Nikes gym at corporate HQ. He had excellent care btw. Full medical staff on site. But had to wear a "boot" for a few months after surgery, then rehab.
Yeah, on Sky sports last week regarding someone in another division, and they said 9 months he'd be out.
How come pointed questions recieve blunt answers

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: April 4, 2007, 01:31:02 am »
that's what the pundit said tonight - mentioned one player (might have been Lawrenson in his playing days) and said he went down, as if he had been shot in the leg.   The pundits made mention of the player tonight looking quizically backwards.....as if to see if he had stepped in a divot, or someone had tackled him.  Seems typical of this type of injury....as if one has been shot or been hit hard from behind.

Good that your relative made it back again.

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Once a knob always a knob
« Reply #187 on: April 4, 2007, 01:44:10 am »
Real shame, as he was starting to play well, injuries have dogged him throughout much of his stay with us. Has such a good left foot and is a good crosser of the ball, and has been improving  :(

Had been dogged with achilles problems myself, quit playing footy for 7 years from 12 years old because of them and know from experience how long these things take to heal, a tear can be very serious, but with top notch medical care he should hopefully be able to resume his career, though that's unlikely to be until well in to next season at the earliest

Offline zypher

• Main Stander
« Reply #188 on: April 4, 2007, 05:49:34 am »
Its a shame that he's injured again just when he's starting to show why RAFA signed him with his beautifully curling crosses from the left side for Crouchy to attack. Remember Serginhno of Milan in Champions League final 2005 spraying crosses from the left side - its was awesome? not quiet that level as Serginhno is a winger rather than a leftback but that's what we'll be missing out on.

We're definitely going to miss his ability - get well quick Fabio. As long as you heal properly, I reckon RAFA would not sell him off - we all know how patience RAFA is with Harry Kewell (that's another story though).

Luckily, we have signed Arbeloa who can cover a left back and we also have JAR. Unfortunately, both these guys wont be able to deliver the Fabio's quality crosses for our strikers - i do hope they improve their crossing though

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: April 4, 2007, 06:17:15 am »
Fuck. When he went down, he looked in incredible pain but I was hoping it would be something like a hamstring. The way he was curled up on the stretcher suggested otherwise.

Fuck.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline thirty

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #190 on: April 4, 2007, 07:44:52 am »
torn achilles is a serious injury, careere threatening in some cases, had been really impressed with aurelio, best of luck to him in recovery
thirty

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: April 4, 2007, 08:06:20 am »
I presume it all depends on the details but it doesn't mean he cannot come back from it - I can think of quite a few who've come back and one sticks out in my mind as someone who came back even better - tougher and more intelligent as a player, and still fast (Denis Hickie, Irish winger.) But it will probably take a long time. First lets see what the scan says tho.

Offline Garcia10

• Kopite
« Reply #192 on: April 4, 2007, 09:05:01 am »
I'm gutted for the lad. He was starting to find his groove again and gets hit by another injury esp after his comments during the week about hoping to stay fit.

Hope he recovers well, best of luck Fabio.

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #193 on: April 4, 2007, 09:28:00 am »
Absolutely gutted for Fabio, he had just settled into the team and we were just getting to see his best. A big blow to the team too, as he gave them stability at the back and a very good attacking option. Be hard to replace, in the short term.

Looks like a very long term injury, possibly till christmas.
Doubters to Believers

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: April 4, 2007, 09:34:11 am »
I think he's the best left back at the club.

Gutted for him.

Offline johnjohn

• Anny Roader
« Reply #195 on: April 4, 2007, 09:36:19 am »
Fab is one of those players that you can't rely on for a full season.  think someone mentioned when he first signed that he hasn't played more than 27/28 games in a season for the last 5 yrs due to various injuries.  Similar to Woodgate in that he is never fit for a run of 15-20 games in a row.

Whilst his recent performances have been a lot better including some great crosses, I wouldnt say he justifies the label "class/quality" - he only started 3 of the last 10 games.

Realistically, we only have 3-4 more important games (i.e. CL games) that we need to worry about.  The remainder of our league games are against mid/lower table teams, so hopefully he wont be missed too much.

Offline kopindian

• Legacy Fan
    • Films I Watch
« Reply #196 on: April 4, 2007, 09:37:26 am »
Really gutted for him.

Think Insua will get some chances in the EPL.

Offline Cookie-7-

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high, there will be a golden sky
« Reply #197 on: April 4, 2007, 09:56:15 am »
Gutted for Fabio - as many have said, he was just getting into some fine form.

Don't think Insua will get a chance yet though.  Riise at LB, Speedy LM with cover for both positions from Bolo, and maybe, just maybe, the odd reappearance of Harry Kewell on the left......

Riise/Zenden and Gonzalez/Kewell will bwe good enough for the rest of this season at least.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline gaddy

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #198 on: April 4, 2007, 10:03:18 am »
Firstly get well soon Fabio, found this on tinternet looks like Fabio will be out for a long time,

Prognosis: Achilles tendon injury has an excellent prognosis but the slight loss of function may be very significant for the competitive athlete. Athletes should not expect to resume full activities for one year.

Also if he has surgery there is a 3% chance of re rupture, if no surgery and conservative treatment is followed(allow Achilles to repair itself) there is a 13% chance historicaly of re rupture, all in all one of the most horrendous injuries an athlete can suffer, an my heart goes out to him, he was just starting to show what he could do.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #199 on: April 4, 2007, 11:10:55 am »
Like everybody else, I am truly gutted.

He is a quality player, with some genuine technical ability.

Seems to be made of glass though.

I hope he can get better soon, wish him well.