Author Topic: re-claim y-our CLUB  (Read 2366 times)

Offline yafoy

• lazy git - sabu pundit on pot
  • Legacy Fan
  • a RED who occupies Europe
    • EuRED Liverpool UNofficial Supporters Network
re-claim y-our CLUB
« on: December 30, 2006, 12:25:02 pm »
in response to my post to "The KOP" (reclaim y-our club)  I was put down, so, if this response is printed I would like to defend my proposal, for the benefit of Liverpool FC supporters Worldwide;

1. When I titled this campaign "Reclaim y-our club"  I maintain the IDEAL that LFC would not exist today without its (Ir-regular & loyal) Supporters. In "spirit" at least, this club is "MINE" - its my club, its y-our club, until or if we lose it to the modern business world.

2. With a new stadium and a "top ten" position in World Club football rankings and arguably a million plus supporters & fans Worldwide this club is worth a BILLION, therefore 500k is NOT a big price to pay for it.

3. a) The Current LFC admin. office seem to consider simple ticket distribution as a major task, so Yes, I can understand why it might be felt that having a multitude of shareholding/supporters to be a "logistics nightmare" if LFC continue the same poor adfministrative practices as the last 50 years.
b) A better supervised and properly set up streamlined computer system  can easily manage shareholders/tickets and club management without the current fiasco, delays and errors.
c) As with any Global corporation a supporter-shareholder club would have an A.G.M. and appoint management - IF Rick Parry & co are good enough then they can stay !  ;)

4. WE DONT NEED 500k today! ;
a) I propose a 3-year Global supporters fund to be built up to reach the sums required.
b) A staggered (performance-related) stage-payment plan to stadium developers (to avoid a "wembley-style fiasco" and ensure money stays in the right hands during completion)
c) A period of debt repayment to ensure cash-flow is constant.
d) A Gradual release of monies to Rafa for new player acquisition (I dont believe we need to , or should go out and buy the most expensive players immediately, (REAL Madrid havent won a thing in 3 years with a potful...and Chelsea wont stay at the top either!)

5.(excuse the irony) A Communist report in the 1930s alledgedly claimed that LIVERPOOL is an "organisers graveyard" ;) 
- I certainly do feel that we are often our own worst enemies and LFC has certainly been less than well managed (off the field) in the last 50 years or so.
Shanks and others have often been frustrated by by a certain obstructive/narrow mentality which may even scupper the potential of "Liverpool 08 EUROPEAN capital of culture" opportunities.
- Considering we also approach the 800 year anniversary of LIVERPOOL city isnt it true that so many people (inside or outside) have a restricted perspective of LIVERPOOL /LFC s position or potential in the "World view" .

If you agree with the takeover by DIC, fair enough, but theres actually NO logical reason why, we, the SUPPORTERS of LIVERPOOL football club cant do the same, IF WE WANT TO?
IT CAN BE DONE, it is Y-OUR CLUB, DO YOU WANT IT?
, Enough?

YNWA
Chris Smith -csema
Euro. Direct Action group Network
3eFloor, Prins MauritsStraat 20a
8019 XT Zwolle, Netherlands
email ; chrismith@orange.nl

Shanks: "Some people believe football is a matter of life and  death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that. - At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it"

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
Re: re-claim y-our CLUB
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 12:31:12 pm »
Do you not think it's a little late in the day to be organising such a thing?

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 12:32:47 pm »
Do you not think it's a little late in the day to be organising such a thing?

Especially since Holland's an hour ahead.

Offline yafoy

• lazy git - sabu pundit on pot
  • Legacy Fan
  • a RED who occupies Europe
    • EuRED Liverpool UNofficial Supporters Network
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 02:51:53 pm »
it took a while to get reaction to my letter to the "KOP" LAST MONTH...it takes a month for the post to arrive in Holland too..;) .if we got behind the idea (and btw no signed DIC deal done yet) then we could at least make sure of where we stand, I suspect that real supporters are few and far between and we are often too lazy ...too late? maybe too apathetic more likely!
Shanks: "Some people believe football is a matter of life and  death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that. - At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it"

Offline ratcatcher

• Glass is often half-empty...and it's all Parry's fault
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 04:08:29 pm »
WTF is this all about!?  :duh
These are my own opinions. They are not meant or intended as a criticism of anyone else's opinion just because they are different but if you can't see past that, then tough shit!

Offline BHB

• I'm the (new) Daddy, and a little bit hormonal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 06:17:39 pm »
Nothing to add but  :o :o :o
A Son of Shankly

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 06:19:43 pm »
Nothing to add but  :o :o :o

and you think RTK was ambitious ;)
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline leonmc0708

• Still not in the clique.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 06:20:23 pm »
"I think he scored 23 goals when I played him at right wing no ? So if he scores 24 this season then we will see
" - Rafael Benitez

Offline JoeH

• Slightly obsessed with things up the bum - thinks it's funny.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 06:22:49 pm »
I know if I say yes to this I will get a letter asking for £30k to unlock fund for a huge share in his euro lottery winnings.

Never again!

:butt

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 06:37:37 pm »
wh-at th-e fuck is he on a-bout? Is he saying the CLUB's worth £500K? ie less than a million quid?

I like the idea of computers to help with ticket sales... the club should look into that.     ::)     And what is a "performance related stage payment plan" for the stadium when it's at home?

The lad's a dreamer but should he be allowed out on his own?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline BHB

• I'm the (new) Daddy, and a little bit hormonal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 06:52:45 pm »
I think he used to be an Avon Lady with ideas to move up in the world.
A Son of Shankly

Offline JoeH

• Slightly obsessed with things up the bum - thinks it's funny.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 07:12:15 pm »
I think he used to be an Avon Lady with ideas to move up in the world.

He can hear the bells then?

door bells,.  avon,...

dont worry,. I will get my coat!

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 10:18:33 am »
in response to my post to "The KOP" (reclaim y-our club)  I was put down, so, if this response is printed I would like to defend my proposal, for the benefit of Liverpool FC supporters Worldwide

I didn't see your original post but I wouldn't put it down anyway. I'd love to see a Liverpool FC owned by it's supporters in the same way that Barcelona is in Spain, I'm guessing this is the model you were advocating?

However as hinted at above the chance for this passed many years ago. Quite simply the sums involved in modern day football are too vast for a supporter led consortium to get anywhere near ownership. The Mancs had huge motivation, plenty of expertise and high profile backing and still got nowhere near enough to have a real influence. 

In an ideal world Mr Moores would allocate a 'golden share' to a supporters trust to forever ensure the club put the supporters first. In the real world not much chance...
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs