Author Topic: Lake Street  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
Lake Street
« on: December 6, 2006, 01:15:10 pm »
Just listening to Radio Merseyside, sounds like someone is after planning permission to turn Lake Street  (behind main stand - houses just demolished) and a couple of others around there into a car park until 2009.

Supposed to be coming back to it later if anyone wants to listen (and can put up with all the old women) http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainframe.shtml?http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/merseyside.shtml
« Last Edit: December 6, 2006, 01:18:20 pm by Ben S »

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
Re: Lake Street
« Reply #1 on: December 6, 2006, 01:31:12 pm »
nothing on the Liverpool Council planning site yet.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #2 on: December 6, 2006, 01:45:27 pm »
Caller was saying that leaflets have gone through doors in the area.

Offline Ben S

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #3 on: December 6, 2006, 01:52:18 pm »
On now.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #4 on: December 6, 2006, 01:52:47 pm »
They'll lose the car park on the Vernon Sangster when they start construction on the new stadium so I suppose they need to sort somewhere to put all the permit holders off there.
Legacy fan

Offline Ben S

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #5 on: December 6, 2006, 01:56:23 pm »
Sounds like they are setting up a meeting with the residents to find out if they would be unhappy if the land was used as a car park. Would imagine that based on the feedback they will decide whether to put in a planning app.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #6 on: December 6, 2006, 02:01:42 pm »
I'm sure that the residents would like to see the removal of the derelict houses, not so sure they would be too happy about a big open space with potential problems of kids gathering etc.
Legacy fan