Author Topic: Liverpool FC Vs Galatasary - 5/12/06 - Pre match discussion thread.  (Read 9061 times)

Offline Velky Al

• Legacy Fan
    • Fuggled
Re: Liverpool FC Vs Galatasary - 5/12/06 - Pre match discussion thread.
« Reply #80 on: December 4, 2006, 11:58:21 am »
Looking at the squad, I reckon the team will be something like this:

Dudek
Peltier
Paletta
Agger
Riise
Pennant
Carragher
Alonso
Anderson
Fowler
Bellamy

Guthrie will probably get the second half if things are going well. Maybe even bring in Miki Roque and Stephen Darby at some point. Looking forward to seeing the game.

Offline mjgill85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bees? Beads?
« Reply #81 on: December 4, 2006, 11:59:25 am »
Whatever happened to Hobbs?  Where is he?
Last I knew (a few weeks ago) he was injured, some niggling leg injury I think. But I haven't heard anything since and the reserves have barely played this season so I've no idea if he's fit at the moment.

Plus he's not registered for the competition anyway ;D
@_michaelgill

Offline Walton-red

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: December 4, 2006, 12:22:01 pm »
i though if you wher from the youth system and below a certain age you could play without being in registered. If so i think the squads a joke, the game has nil importance and i think rafa should have sent all the reserves possible and kept the first team on merseyside. Only point being i think the youth team have got a youth cup match the same nite which mite have affected rafa's plans.

Offline boyham

• Imagine Trevor Brooking singing the hits of Culture Club
  • Kopite
  • RTK Supporter
« Reply #83 on: December 4, 2006, 12:27:46 pm »
Now the squad has been announced, I would really like to see Anderson given real chance.  The little I have seen of him, he has really impressed.  I thought he would have played more this season already.  Maybee he would have if the team was winning more consistantly and full of confidence.  Who knows.
STD

STOP THE DAY-TRIPPERS!

Offline boyham

• Kopite
  • RTK Supporter
« Reply #84 on: December 4, 2006, 12:29:39 pm »
i though if you wher from the youth system and below a certain age you could play without being in registered. If so i think the squads a joke, the game has nil importance and i think rafa should have sent all the reserves possible and kept the first team on merseyside. Only point being i think the youth team have got a youth cup match the same nite which mite have affected rafa's plans.
I think the reason for sending some 1st teamers is to avoid a severe defeat (which could happen with a complete reserve side)  I think he should play a half strength side, giving good players like fowler (who havent played much) a good run
STD

STOP THE DAY-TRIPPERS!

Offline AdamBrunt

• Dominated By His TV Missus
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: December 4, 2006, 12:32:14 pm »
Got off lightly with 3 injuries during the game?
??????

Got off lightly in that ... those 3 injuries could have put Pennant and Alonso out for a lot longer than they did.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #86 on: December 4, 2006, 12:34:28 pm »
Quick question...

Would you have spent good money to go to Istanbul to see this squad play?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline AdamBrunt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: December 4, 2006, 12:35:04 pm »
I think the reason for sending some 1st teamers is to avoid a severe defeat (which could happen with a complete reserve side)

But why does that matter ???

It wouldn't affect 1st team morale (as none of them would be involved) ? It wouldn't send the wrong vibes out to the rest of the competition cos "they were good enough to be able play their reserves in the last group game".

If Carragher/Alonso/Kuyt/Bellamy get a long term injury - we could be in deep doodah.

Offline AdamBrunt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: December 4, 2006, 12:36:52 pm »
Quick question...

Would you have spent good money to go to Istanbul to see this squad play?

Would you have spent good money to go to Istanbul when you knew over a month ago that the result of the game was meaningless ??

Offline boyham

• Kopite
  • RTK Supporter
« Reply #89 on: December 4, 2006, 12:39:20 pm »
But why does that matter ???

It wouldn't affect 1st team morale (as none of them would be involved) ? It wouldn't send the wrong vibes out to the rest of the competition cos "they were good enough to be able play their reserves in the last group game".

If Carragher/Alonso/Kuyt/Bellamy get a long term injury - we could be in deep doodah.

I see what you are saying and agree to some extent, I just think it would be the wrong move after a good win the other day.  Also the idea of bringing youth players in is so they can play with the first team and learn.  Not to play with the players they play with each week only against tougher opposition.
STD

STOP THE DAY-TRIPPERS!

Offline Walton-red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #90 on: December 4, 2006, 12:41:54 pm »
have warnok or el zhar travelled

i dont see the point in playing first teamers at all, rafa has moaned about the fixture pile up and now is a chance to give his players a rest and maybe a few days off to recover.

dudek
peltier palleta antwi warnok
anderson guthrie roque hammil
folwer el zhar

maybe the likes of caragher, risse garcia on the bench but theres not point in risking injury and tiring players at all. its a four hour flight aswel which doesnt help   

Offline redchiz

• No income tax, no VAT
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Reds are coming up the hill, boys...
« Reply #91 on: December 4, 2006, 12:45:46 pm »
have warnok or el zhar travelled
No. Tip: read the thread before posting.  :)
"Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number,
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many - they are few." Percy Bysshe Shelley

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: December 4, 2006, 12:47:56 pm »
I think the reason for sending some 1st teamers is to avoid a severe defeat (which could happen with a complete reserve side)  I think he should play a half strength side, giving good players like fowler (who havent played much) a good run
Agreed with players like Fowler and Pennant and maybe even Garcia who are looking for from and fitness and are also slightly expendable.

However, Carra/Alonso/Riise/Kuyt why would we even think about it.

We played a team of kids at Spurs 2 years ago and got a result and I think Guthrie looks liek he can make an impact. With Agger and Paletta in at the back we're pretty solid there so I don't see the need to take a chance with anyone.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #93 on: December 4, 2006, 12:53:19 pm »
Would you have spent good money to go to Istanbul when you knew over a month ago that the result of the game was meaningless ??

Are you saying the Travelling Kop were stupid for going? That they spent their money knowing full well this result didn't matter? Or what about those who booked way early to get the best deal on air fare and accomodations knowing this match could have meant the difference.

Easy typing now isn't it....
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: December 4, 2006, 01:12:38 pm »
Are you saying the Travelling Kop were stupid for going? That they spent their money knowing full well this result didn't matter? Or what about those who booked way early to get the best deal on air fare and accomodations knowing this match could have meant the difference.

Easy typing now isn't it....
Not at all, our fans travelling deserve total respect. However, there was always a real possibility it would be a dead rubber and most real fans will understand the need to leave top players out adn enjoy the experience and support the young lads.

It might even be more enjoyable that way seeing these lads develop in that cauldron. Like i said above Spurs away in League Cup shows what can be done.

Offline a partridge in seat_5c

• blames English football
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: December 4, 2006, 01:14:08 pm »

The full party is: Dudek, Agger, Riise, Alonso, Crouch, Fowler, Pennant, Bellamy, Kuyt, Carragher, Paletta, Luis Garcia, Guthrie, Peltier, Darby, Martin, Anderson, Roque.

Alonso will play, I'm sure of it, they're not going to let the kids get twatted all over town...presume Gala will play a weakened side but we need to be a little bit cautious, we don't want to get done by 5 or 6...Guthrie I think is almost certain to start in central mid...I presume Garcia is fit again otherwise Hammill would have gone, so he should start...Pelts is nailed on to start...Crouch has had a minor knock so no point playing him...only question in my mind is whether Carra will start, over Agger perhaps...should see Anderson at some point for either of the 2 wide players and Robbie's unlikely to last 90...

prob something like :

Dudek

Peltier Paletta Agger Riise

Pennant Alonso(Carragher,75) Guthrie Garcia(Anderson,65)

Fowler (Kuyt,70) Bellamy

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: December 4, 2006, 02:03:19 pm »
Who gets the captain's armband, Dudek or Fowler?

I'd love to see Jerzy lead us out at the scene of his finest hour.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline jbdbreds

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: December 4, 2006, 04:19:47 pm »
I would think Rafa would want to use this match to help assess the young right sided players in the squad to see what options he might have for the rest of the season.  Our left side, barring injuries, is packed with talent (Warnock, Aurelio, Riise, Gonzalez, Kewell, Garcia).  On the right, we've only Stevie and a so-far disappointing Pennant on the wing and really only Finnan at the back.

Would expect him to field an experienced left side (Riise and Garcia), mix up the middle (Agger & Paletta CH with Xabi & Guthrie CM), and have some experience up front with quality players who need playing time (Robbie & probably Bellamy). 

That leaves the right side for experimentation and assessment -- Anderson on the wing and Peltier/Darby at the back.  I could even see Peltier and Darby each getting 45 minutes to see who is to become the "official" back up to Finnan at least until (and if) we get someone new in January.

Jerzy for captain!

A question:  Darby is listed on .tv as a right back.  Does anyone know if he also slots in as left back?   Several on this thread have put him there in their predicted line-ups.   

Offline AdamBrunt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: December 4, 2006, 04:23:15 pm »
Not at all, our fans travelling deserve total respect. However, there was always a real possibility it would be a dead rubber and most real fans will understand the need to leave top players out adn enjoy the experience and support the young lads.

That would have been my answer too :)

My point is - it's a very risky game playing key players in pointless matches.

What if Alonso and Carragher come back with lengthy injuries ?? They'll be loads of people (inc some who are currently posting about how it's right they are going) slaggin off Rafa for playing them when there was no need.

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: December 4, 2006, 04:30:16 pm »
A win is good for confidence and morale. That youth side you've selected would get absolutely slaughtered by a Galatasaray side who would be vastly more experienced and pretty formidable at home. There's no point blooding youth players if all you're going to do is send them out like lambs for the slaughter. They aren't going to learn anything.
Spot on, no point in sending the kids out for a kicking it'd do more harm than good. They do need some sort of guidance so expect at least Alonso or Gerrard to start in midfield.

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: December 4, 2006, 04:37:19 pm »
Spot on, no point in sending the kids out for a kicking it'd do more harm than good. They do need some sort of guidance so expect at least Alonso or Gerrard to start in midfield.
They may do, they may not.

To play Alonso or Gerrard (obv not there) would be ludicrous. Let's see what these kids have got and if they get a dicking well at least they've played a Euro Cup tie for Liverpool which most of them probably won't achieve in their future.

If you asked the kids they'd all want the chance. Put Gabby and Danny at the back with Jerzy and let's give the kids a go, we might be presently surprised and if they get whacked they can rest safe in the knowledge that they've saved Alonso and Carra from risking serious injury.

I'll have more interest watching the game if we play the kids than if we put a first team out. The result doesn't matter and if one kid announces himself and shows he's got what it takes it'll be a bonus and a treat for all the rest of them to play for our first team.

Offline stevo96

• Main Stander
« Reply #101 on: December 4, 2006, 05:13:04 pm »
if alonso plays i'll be seriously doubting the sanity of rafa.

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: December 4, 2006, 05:42:57 pm »
They may do, they may not.

To play Alonso or Gerrard (obv not there) would be ludicrous. Let's see what these kids have got and if they get a dicking well at least they've played a Euro Cup tie for Liverpool which most of them probably won't achieve in their future.

If you asked the kids they'd all want the chance. Put Gabby and Danny at the back with Jerzy and let's give the kids a go, we might be presently surprised and if they get whacked they can rest safe in the knowledge that they've saved Alonso and Carra from risking serious injury.

I'll have more interest watching the game if we play the kids than if we put a first team out. The result doesn't matter and if one kid announces himself and shows he's got what it takes it'll be a bonus and a treat for all the rest of them to play for our first team.

Yeh, you can still play the kids but without a few senior players in there its literally men against boys and that is of no benefit to the kids. For Stevie or Xabi or even Carra to get 60-70 mins alongside these young lads make more sense than not playing them, it also shows them a bit of respect that they can be on a par with these guys and are not just sent if to get a kicking cos the others need a rest. I think the line up will reflect that. I'm not saying put a first team out, I'm saying play a few of the kids but give them some physical and moral support in the form of some senior players. I wouldn't go questioning Rafa's sanity if he does play them is what I'm saying, and like you I'd rather watch the kids in a relatively meaningless game like this but not to see them humiliated it wouldn't do them a bit of good.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2006, 05:45:11 pm by Notayesman »

Offline Notayesman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: December 4, 2006, 05:46:58 pm »
I'd actually start with :

Dudek
Peltier
Palletta
Sami
Agger
Pennant
Xabi (not for the whole match)
Guthrie
Garcia
Fowler
Bellamy

And then bring a few of the kids in as the game gets on and they've found their feet a bit.

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #104 on: December 4, 2006, 06:01:17 pm »
I would prefer Rafa to give ALL the youngsters he's taken on the trip a start, throw them at the deep end so to speak, but he'll also want to keep the score respectable if Gala send a full strength team.

There might also be stipulations in the Champions league whereby we are compelled to feature a 'competent' side with few 'reserve' players who would not normally be selected for the CL. Hope we get to see a good game as its live on terrestial TV.
Doubters to Believers

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: December 4, 2006, 06:33:16 pm »
How come mate?

He's not registered with UEFA for our Champos League squad, as he joined us after the relevant deadline. I think he can be reregistered for the second half of the competition as far as I know.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: December 4, 2006, 06:49:10 pm »
More than anything, I think it'll be treated like a pre-season game, to be honest.

I think Pennant, Alonso and Garcia will start in midfield. All of them will put in around 45 minutes for me because of their respective reasons. Pennant, because he isn't on the greatest form, and a game with the least pressure would do good for his confidence to let loose a little. Alonso, because he just came back from injury and it wouldn't hurt him to put in a half (unless an injury take place, on which I will be tearing my hair out). Garcia, also injuries and form.

Anderson will feature at some point, hopefully but I doubt it considering the situation with Pennant. I really hope Guthrie gets a full 90 minute game because I really like the look of the kid. Fowler is sure to start and I think it'll be Bellamy with Crouch making a substitute appearance. I was really surprised Linfield didn't make the trip because it would have been nice to get him a game.

I think it'll be a fair team with aroud 4-5 youngsters who'll have a fair part to play in the game.

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
« Reply #107 on: December 4, 2006, 07:05:13 pm »
BENITEZ 'PLEASED' BY TAKEOVER NEWS
By Paul Walker, PA Sport, Istanbul

Rafael Benitez has spoken of his anticipation of an exciting future for Liverpool after it was confirmed they in talks over a possible £450million takeover.

The Liverpool chief was talking ahead of the Champions League clash with Galatasaray on Tuesday and his emotional return to the Ataturk Stadium, the scene of the Merseysiders' fifth European Cup triumph just 18 months ago.

And he tried to make the point that he hoped the host of youngsters he has brought to Turkey for what is in effect a dead rubber - the last group C match with nothing riding on the result - can be an inspiration for their own futures.

But it was impossible to avoid the potential Dubai International Capital investment, taken a step further now they have been awarded exclusivity and allowed to undergo a period of due diligence.

Benitez said: "I have talked to the chairman (David Moores) and chief executive (Rick Parry) about this and I was pleased with what I heard.

"At the moment I only really want to concentrate on the match here, but of course it is always good for a club to have more money and more possibilities."

And Benitez also believes that by exposing teenage prospects to football at this level as the likes of Lee Peltier, Danny Guthrie and Paul Anderson will be tomorrow against the Turkish champions - they will be hungry for similar success.

He said: "I was delighted with the motivation of my team here 18 months ago, and I have always believed that we can go on and achieve more trophies together.

"We can do it, we can win more things together. We have the quality and the right mentality for it. The hunger is still there.

"For me the final was the best day of my football life, and I want the fact that the youngsters are playing here to be an inspiration. If they can just talk to the senior lads, see what they achieved, I believe that is an example that could see the beginning of something new from the young players who will follow."

But for Benitez, there is the prospect of financial clout that he has been looking for ever since he arrived from Valencia, and he said: "What could happen soon will be a very good opportunity for the club.

"But for now we are trying to be focused about the game, we will have plenty of time to talk about such things in the future."

Benitez is without senior men Steven Gerrard, Sami Hyypia, Steve Finnan and Jose Reina for this final group match, with top spot and qualification for the next phase already assured.

But it could also be the final big match of Jerzy Dudek's Liverpool career. The star of the Istanbul final will be given the chance of what is virtually an emotional farewell to the club.

Dudek said: "It has been difficult not to have played much since that final. But I understand.

"My contract runs out in the summer and I will be sitting down in the next couple of weeks to discuss my future with the manager.

"It will be very hard to find anything to compared to Liverpool and I have enjoyed my time here, the city and the fans.

"But I do not know how much longer I have to play at this level and at this stage of my career I do want to be playing every week. There is nothing better, but I want to be playing.

"This is something I will have to discuss with the manager. I do not need to show anything to anybody and maybe this match is the opportunity to show."

Benitez is very unlikely to offer Dudek a new contract, and he said: "For Jerzy, this match gives him the possibility to show people he is a very good goalkeeper.

"I have never had any problem with him, he is a fine professional, but maybe he needs to be playing regularly, he certainly wants to play every week."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/06/12/04/SOCCER_Liverpool_2nd_Nightlead.html
There will always be more sheep than shepherds.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSNuQHwZLE

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: December 4, 2006, 07:18:20 pm »
I think we'll lose two or three nil.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: December 4, 2006, 07:21:53 pm »
I think we'll draw the game actually.

Offline Rhino

• Last of the great romantics. Tess of the Googlevilles. Randy internet flirt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
« Reply #110 on: December 4, 2006, 07:31:26 pm »
We'll win!

They will play youngsters too as its a nothing game for them too :)

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: December 4, 2006, 08:04:48 pm »
We'll win 5-3.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Fred Madison

• Jazz saxophonist, now masquerading as a mechanic after probably murdering his wife.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: December 4, 2006, 08:06:46 pm »
4-3 to the Reds youngsters.

Offline CalvinMalteseRed

• The lighter way to enjoy football
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #113 on: December 4, 2006, 08:09:13 pm »
BENITEZ 'PLEASED' BY TAKEOVER NEWS
By Paul Walker, PA Sport, Istanbul

Rafael Benitez has spoken of his anticipation of an exciting future for Liverpool after it was confirmed they in talks over a possible £450million takeover.

The Liverpool chief was talking ahead of the Champions League clash with Galatasaray on Tuesday and his emotional return to the Ataturk Stadium, the scene of the Merseysiders' fifth European Cup triumph just 18 months ago.

And he tried to make the point that he hoped the host of youngsters he has brought to Turkey for what is in effect a dead rubber - the last group C match with nothing riding on the result - can be an inspiration for their own futures.

But it was impossible to avoid the potential Dubai International Capital investment, taken a step further now they have been awarded exclusivity and allowed to undergo a period of due diligence.

Benitez said: "I have talked to the chairman (David Moores) and chief executive (Rick Parry) about this and I was pleased with what I heard.

"At the moment I only really want to concentrate on the match here, but of course it is always good for a club to have more money and more possibilities."

And Benitez also believes that by exposing teenage prospects to football at this level as the likes of Lee Peltier, Danny Guthrie and Paul Anderson will be tomorrow against the Turkish champions - they will be hungry for similar success.

He said: "I was delighted with the motivation of my team here 18 months ago, and I have always believed that we can go on and achieve more trophies together.

"We can do it, we can win more things together. We have the quality and the right mentality for it. The hunger is still there.

"For me the final was the best day of my football life, and I want the fact that the youngsters are playing here to be an inspiration. If they can just talk to the senior lads, see what they achieved, I believe that is an example that could see the beginning of something new from the young players who will follow."

But for Benitez, there is the prospect of financial clout that he has been looking for ever since he arrived from Valencia, and he said: "What could happen soon will be a very good opportunity for the club.

"But for now we are trying to be focused about the game, we will have plenty of time to talk about such things in the future."

Benitez is without senior men Steven Gerrard, Sami Hyypia, Steve Finnan and Jose Reina for this final group match, with top spot and qualification for the next phase already assured.

But it could also be the final big match of Jerzy Dudek's Liverpool career. The star of the Istanbul final will be given the chance of what is virtually an emotional farewell to the club.

Dudek said: "It has been difficult not to have played much since that final. But I understand.

"My contract runs out in the summer and I will be sitting down in the next couple of weeks to discuss my future with the manager.

"It will be very hard to find anything to compared to Liverpool and I have enjoyed my time here, the city and the fans.

"But I do not know how much longer I have to play at this level and at this stage of my career I do want to be playing every week. There is nothing better, but I want to be playing.

"This is something I will have to discuss with the manager. I do not need to show anything to anybody and maybe this match is the opportunity to show."

Benitez is very unlikely to offer Dudek a new contract, and he said: "For Jerzy, this match gives him the possibility to show people he is a very good goalkeeper.

"I have never had any problem with him, he is a fine professional, but maybe he needs to be playing regularly, he certainly wants to play every week."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/06/12/04/SOCCER_Liverpool_2nd_Nightlead.html

This thread is about the game Kaizer.
OH CAMPIONE
THE ONE AND ONLY
WE'RE LIVERPOOL....

THEY SAY OUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED, WE'RE NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE
BUT SCOUSERS RULE THE COUNTRY LIKE WE'VE ALWAYS DONE BEFORE...

Shankly built a football team that shook the spion Kop!
We've conquered all of Europe and we're never gonna stop!

JFT96
Free Michael Shields!
Don't buy the s*n

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #114 on: December 4, 2006, 08:24:07 pm »
I think we'll draw the game actually.

3-3 then penalties.... oh no we've done that one...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: December 4, 2006, 08:25:51 pm »

3-3 then penalties.... oh no we've done that one...

Maybe they'd let us do it just for another replay of Jerzy's version of the hand of god. Oh, lest I forget about the penalties......

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: December 4, 2006, 08:53:32 pm »
I reckon we'll play

Crouch Fowler
Garcia Guthrie Alonso Pennant
Riise Agger Carra Peltier
Dudek

I'm fairly sure Paletta will get to play. I'm thinking Guthrie off, Paletta on, Carra to midfield, some time in the 2nd half. Would not be surprised if Anderson got on the pitch as well, but I'd think only for 10-15 minutes near the end. The rest of the kids are there for the experience, but I doubt they'll play. 

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
« Reply #117 on: December 4, 2006, 09:02:35 pm »
This thread is about the game Kaizer.

I am fully aware of that, hence why I posted this article where Rafa talks about the match.  ::)
There will always be more sheep than shepherds.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSNuQHwZLE

Offline chopperchittar

• Legacy Fan
  • Fellas, I'm ready to get up and do my thing
« Reply #118 on: December 4, 2006, 09:08:28 pm »
Good we have already quaified as group winners already can aford to rest as many players possible for the Fulham
fit as a butchers dog!

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: December 4, 2006, 09:12:31 pm »
Hoping for a win obviously, but mainly want to see Pennant to get some confidence under his belt and for Bellamy to continue where he left off. Hopefully Pennant will find a bit of space as Gala will be looking to attack. Am sure Robbie will get a start too and would be great to see him do well, but as ever, to satisfy nostalgia only. Dudek to lead them out.