Author Topic: Valencia's New Stadium  (Read 2930 times)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Valencia's New Stadium
« on: November 16, 2006, 02:43:51 pm »
Looks like Rafa's old club are looking for something pretty unusual to replace the Mestalla

From Architect's Journal:

Published 16 November 2006 at 11:43
Reid reigns in Spain with Valencia stadium – images

Reid Architecture’s Spanish office, Reid Fenwick Asociados, has revealed these extraordinary designs for a new stadium for Valencia Football Club.

The practice, which is working with Arup Sport on the 75,000-seat development, says it has been geometrically designed to provide ‘perfect sightlines for all spectators’.

The design is made up of three elements; an external skin, an internal skin and the stadium bowl itself. When complete, it will include changing rooms, press facilities, a high-quality restaurant, 3,100 parking spaces, shops and conference facilities.

The scheme has won support from most of the city, but especially Valencia FC president Juan Bautista Soler, who described it as ‘the best stadium in the world’.

The club says the vast arena, which will be funded by the sale of the land under the existing Mestalla Stadium, will be ready for the 2009-2010 season.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 02:46:37 pm by Alan_F »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Valencia's New Stadium
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 02:59:10 pm »
Larger version of the outside:

It looks pretty dramatic from the outside but is more of a bowl than the current stadium. It looks a bit shallower as well.

Obviously the design of new Anfield is now fixed but maybe something a bit more adventurous could have been given a go.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 03:05:12 pm by Alan_F »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 03:33:06 pm »
Looks like Rafa's old club are looking for something pretty unusual to replace the Mestalla

From Architect's Journal:

Published 16 November 2006 at 11:43
Reid reigns in Spain with Valencia stadium – images

Reid Architecture’s Spanish office, Reid Fenwick Asociados, has revealed these extraordinary designs for a new stadium for Valencia Football Club.

The practice, which is working with Arup Sport on the 75,000-seat development, says it has been geometrically designed to provide ‘perfect sightlines for all spectators’.

The design is made up of three elements; an external skin, an internal skin and the stadium bowl itself. When complete, it will include changing rooms, press facilities, a high-quality restaurant, 3,100 parking spaces, shops and conference facilities.

The scheme has won support from most of the city, but especially Valencia FC president Juan Bautista Soler, who described it as ‘the best stadium in the world’.

The club says the vast arena, which will be funded by the sale of the land under the existing Mestalla Stadium, will be ready for the 2009-2010 season.

Bloody hell changing rooms! whatever will these crazy people think of next.
Would you rather win the lottery or Joe Royles head full of Fifty pence pieces ?

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 03:35:00 pm »
Bloody hell changing rooms! whatever will these crazy people think of next.
don't knock it, i can't remember seeing them on our ground plans
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 04:14:16 pm »
Obviously the design of new Anfield is now fixed but maybe something a bit more adventurous could have been given a go.

The new Anfield was never going to be adventurous - the brief has always been cost-effective. Ie cheap

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 04:39:08 pm »
The new Anfield was never going to be adventurous - the brief has always been cost-effective. Ie cheap

Aldi Anfield.
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 04:53:03 pm »

As so much as I have taken a lot of interest in the new stadium and I'm disappointed with the design.

When it's built I'll console myself with the fact that I support Liverpool Football club and not the stadium  :wave

Offline Johnner

• Anny Roader
  • Gary McAllister we will never forget you!
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 05:20:45 pm »
The Mestalla is a brilliant stadium, I am lucky enough to say I actually played there earlier this year!  I for one will be sad to see it go.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 05:28:04 pm by Johnner »

Offline MaskedBenitez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 09:47:33 pm »
The Mestalla is a brilliant stadium, I am lucky enough to say I actually played there earlier this year!  I for one will be sad to see it go.

How you manage that eh?

Offline Johnner

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 10:22:55 am »
I was on holiday in Valencia in January and when I was passing the stadium I noticed a door open and basically walked in with my 2 mates got out a ball and started messing about.  We were there for hours and never got caught.  My mate was in a Barca shirt and everything, you couldn't make it up  ;D

I've attached 2 pics that were taken off my PC of original digital photos with my phone cam so they're not great, but you can just about make me out taking a peno in one of them.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 12:27:17 pm by Johnner »

Offline 5starchampions

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 11:21:45 am »
fuckin ell thats mad!

jammy bastard...what would you have got done for if you were caught?

Offline Johnner

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 12:26:22 pm »
Who knows, we would have got a few slaps I'm sure of that anyway.  It was worth the risk though just to say I played ball in the Mestalla  ;)

Offline Oooh to be a Gooner

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 01:25:44 pm »
Look at the difference between the designs in the first post and this design on stadium guide.

http://www.stadiumguide.com/valencianew.htm
It's all up for grabs now!

Offline Peeker

• Blames Rafa for fucking up Johnson deal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Simply Magnificent
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 01:50:01 pm »
Stadium looks fucking amazing. Bet it costs half of what ours fucking does as well.

Top club Valencia and a fucking ace team. I hope we can avoid them in the champions league till the final!

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 02:09:37 pm »
It does of course help that the current stadium is built on absolutely prime land in central Valencia and so worth an absolute fortune.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)