Author Topic: Structural Design Contract awarded?  (Read 2957 times)

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
Structural Design Contract awarded?
« on: October 13, 2006, 02:17:47 pm »
Read (on another site) that Sinclair Knight Merz have been awarded the structural design contract for the new stadium - things moving on by the look of it.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Lil-Luis

• Main Stander
Re: Structural Design Contract awarded?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 02:37:30 pm »
Can't see anything on their site.

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 03:03:34 pm »
Can't see anything on their site.

neither could I - I'd expect lots of info to drift out as various contractors and sub-contractors get awarded bits and pieces.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 03:18:19 pm »
Appears to me that they have lots of experience with Football stadiums (Wembley & The Stadium of light - Lisbon), but there expertise is with Stadium roofing, which is a major feature of our proposed new ground.

One combined roof joining 4 separate stands to give it the appearance of a bowl shaped stadium.

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 03:29:46 pm »
They've also invovled with the new Olympic site in London, the new development at Ascot racecourse which opened this year and the new stand at The Oval which opened last year I think.

Offline Satiric Gibbon

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 04:15:33 pm »
Arse

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 01:52:38 pm »
The point of no return will be when the Principal Contractor is named, I spoke to a mate of mine who is a QS for Bovis on the Arena project and he said that Tenders are due out though he doesn't know who is in for it.
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline Nebular

• Anny Roader
  • Catherine Deneuve. Je t'aime..
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 08:07:10 pm »
There are supposed to be tenders out already for sub-contact type work.
The choice of Mackenzie to present a programme on the life and work of Alfred Harmsworth is as appropriate as if a programme on the life and work of Albert Einstein were presented by a baboon. MAGS
Man U play at OT - which now stands for "ONLY TWO" ( WE'VE WON FIVE BY THE WAY................)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpzTv5fHgn0

Offline Roblaar

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 06:57:07 pm »
I'm hoping to hear soon who is getting what. I'm graduating this year with a civil engineering degree and looking work on Anfield as my first job, that would make all the hard work of sitting around and watching daytime tv for four years worth it.

Offline covi2k2

• Kopite
  • Who's Suarez ?
    • my photy hobbies :)
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 12:35:48 am »
I'm hoping to hear soon who is getting what. I'm graduating this year with a civil engineering degree and looking work on Anfield as my first job, that would make all the hard work of sitting around and watching daytime tv for four years worth it.

im graduating this year with a civil engineering degree to , my course was busy thou we were in everyday lucky for some with the day time tv lol. i hope to god i get to work on the new stadium , i will write my name in concrete in it
There isn't a chance in hell that we'll win the league in the coming season.

My expectations are currently at 0%

www.ribsphotos.co.uk :)

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #10 on: November 4, 2006, 10:06:12 pm »
Looks like someone deffo has the contract as there is an ad on a recruitment website for a Structural Engineer job and it clearly states in the description that one of the projects worked on could be our new stadium.

Click Here
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #11 on: November 4, 2006, 10:44:54 pm »
This is not a construction contract - it's a consultant appointment. The structural engineers for the project appear to be SKM Anthony Hunt - I've worked with Anthony Hunt on a few projects before they were taken over and will call round on Monday to find out if any of the London office know the score. Usually the Structural Engineer would be part of the design team that develops the scheme up to planning - the designs would need structural input to get them to their current stage. However it's common for Architects and Engineers to be employed up to key design stages, planning being one of the most important, with no commitment beyond that.

This appointment will either be an extension of the contract beyond planning or possibly a novated appointment to the Main Contractor or Construction Manager, depending on the procurement route.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Roblaar

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12 on: November 7, 2006, 12:59:49 am »
So has the structural design contract ever been open for tender? Considering the costings appear substantially complete, a fair amount of design must have been achieved already. I did attend a presentation from Arup Sport who, by chance, were presenting a design, I presume their design was not chosen.

Any indications which contractors are in the running? Need to start applying for graduate jobs, rather keep in with the ones likely to be working on Anfield.

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool FC is an institution not a business
« Reply #13 on: November 7, 2006, 10:29:29 am »
Great stuff, however the design is still shit.