Author Topic: Terracing???  (Read 2116 times)

Offline wilson_lfc

• Anny Roader
Terracing???
« on: October 13, 2006, 02:10:08 pm »
a quick thought about our new stadium and others across the land.

who agrees or disagrees with the idea to bring back a section of terracing to every ground? maybe a 5,000 - 10,000 capacity.

i would be happy to see a section available, i believe it increases capacity, atmosphere and could reduce the price for a ticket. the most important for me would be the atmosphere.

what are your thoughts on this??

dibba de do.........!

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
Re: Terracing???
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 02:19:13 pm »
Big discussion about standing in this thread:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=60693.0
Legacy fan

Offline wilson_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 02:49:49 pm »
cheers danny boy
dibba de do.........!

Offline kopite 1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • those were the days my friends
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 09:45:14 am »
www.standupsitdown.co.uk  go on here and sign the petition
support the fight for justice dont buy the sun

jft96

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 02:21:59 am »
The mentioning of concerts you make Rushian is an interesting one.  I'm thinking of the larger concerts i've been too - U2 at the Millennium Stadium, Oasis at the City of Manchester, etc...and you go online or on the phone and state whether you want a seat or a standing tickets.  At these such events of course 'standing' refers to the pitch area, and the seats are...etc...

Transfering this to a football ground would be very straighforward.

Imagine a two-tier, round, or rectangular shaped stadium  -  symmetrical for the ease of your imagination - the bottom tier could be standing all round, and the top tier seats.  It would mean that those who want a seat get a comfortable position and space to themselves, and have tv-like angles from which to view the game, and those who want to stand and shout and sing take the bottom tier, close to the pitch, the players and the camera, locking the match in a fierce and lively atmoesphere.

For example, at Anfield you could have The Kop, The Paddock, Lower Anny Road, and the Lower of the mind stand as standing, and the three remaining upper sections as seating areas.

It would be fine for families and day trippers, or blokes taking their 8 year old son to the game regularly, and would likewise be ideal for the rest of us who want to be in the thick of the action.  Having the seats at the top, and the standing nearer the pitch would also make for the best atmosphere.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 02:24:28 am by jackh »

Offline Paul Gardner

• Terrace Artist
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Secretary
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #5 on: February 8, 2007, 01:20:16 pm »
I was just thinking, there seems to be demand for a bigger than 60k stadium and I think personally that we should have a 70k stadium. However, with the plans for the new stadium already done and cannot really be changed now, surely if we made the kop all standing using the safe standing layout used in Germany we would get 65 to 70k with the same stadium design.

Offline fivestars

• Main Stander
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 11:42:03 am »
I'm sure that you will agree with me that the issue of standing has been and gone it's history and with good reason. Not only the issue of safety but because the whole body of supporters have changed from mostly men to more family and young being targeted by the clubs. I can tell you that I have still got a few ribs that did not set right from my time in the annie. the atmosphere is what you make it and with so many turning up with the attitude "I've paid my money now entertain me" we may loose the atmosphere all together unless we make an agreement when you enter the ground you must be prepared to sing your hearts out game in game out. Sitting never stopped anyone singing so lets not mix up standing with atmosphere.
So therefore I for one would not welcome any standing areas within the new ground.
STANDING NO THANKS.
I thank God and MY DAD that I am a red
Scouse and proud

Offline veritas1616

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 01:42:32 pm »
I'm sure that you will agree with me that the issue of standing has been and gone it's history and with good reason. Not only the issue of safety but because the whole body of supporters have changed from mostly men to more family and young being targeted by the clubs. I can tell you that I have still got a few ribs that did not set right from my time in the annie. the atmosphere is what you make it and with so many turning up with the attitude "I've paid my money now entertain me" we may loose the atmosphere all together unless we make an agreement when you enter the ground you must be prepared to sing your hearts out game in game out. Sitting never stopped anyone singing so lets not mix up standing with atmosphere.
So therefore I for one would not welcome any standing areas within the new ground.
STANDING NO THANKS.
Well done mate! I think you have hit the nail firmly on the head.

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 02:04:18 pm »
all-seater stadiums will NEVER EVER have the atmosphere of the old stadiums where standing was the norm.