Author Topic: Come on Wolves!  (Read 7827 times)

Offline Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan
Re:Come on Wolves!
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2003, 07:09:34 pm »
Songs thiefs.  :wanker

Roddysul

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2003, 08:16:27 pm »
I have a wheelbarrow and the wheel fell off

Offline Woodbury

• Where's my toque eh?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2003, 12:55:23 am »
Don't like Wolves solely because of their name and their ugly orange shirts which have a Doritos add.
Blame Canada!

Offline Eli_B (aka Badland Red)

• The resident lurking Saddler
  • Legacy Fan
    • My Mobile Blog
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2003, 04:52:17 pm »
First of all i'm ever so pleased that Wolves, the men in gold and black are back amongst the English elite. Just over a week before the Div 1 play off final i was talking to a close mate of mine, who's a lifelong Wolves fan (who had 2 tickets to see the match). He said to me that if his team beats Sheffield United, one of the stadiums that he was looking foward to visiting was Anfield.

And i told him that his side were going to teach the Blades a bit of a footballing lesson. He didn't believe me at first; also i said to him that if they did win that i would have to meet him and his mates in the Sandon pub before the match  8)  .

When i watched yesterday on the TV i was cheering for Wolves for the 1st time in my life!  :o

I've been critical of Wolves in the past, particulary with some of their fans who think that they have a divine right to get automatic promotion to the premiership. But what made me laugh was when the i heard the news that Colin Wanker was banned from the touchline!  ;D

As well as the Wolves fans were singing YNWA later on in the match. They thoroughly deserved their win, their keeper Matt Murray was superb, closely followed by Joleon Lescott in defence.

My close mate who i play 6 a side footie will probably break his record of drinking 13 pints of beer in one night! He's going to have an almighty headache as will many others who support Wolves. Not forgetting a few other of my mates who will be pissed as a newt!

The very,very best of luck to the men in gold and black. As well as welcome to the Premiership!!  8)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2003, 06:08:20 pm by Elisha_B »
Walsall FC aka the red and white Saddlers. The innovators as well as the first sports team in England/UK, to sell the Chicken Balti Pie:

http://upthesaddlers.com/wp/ 

With a soft spot for the redmen of Liverpool since the League Cup Semi Final 1984. RIP to the 39 in Brussels and of course the 96.

Roddysul

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2003, 05:45:40 pm »
Don't like Wolves solely because of their name and their ugly orange shirts which have a Doritos add.

Nowt wrong with doritos.

At this point in the past I would have put up a piccie of Ali Landry    :-[

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2003, 08:14:20 pm »

My close mate who i play 6 a side footie will probably break his record of drinking 13 pints of beer in one night!

Wolverhampton Lightweight

;D  ;D

• Legacy Fan
    • My Mobile Blog
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2003, 08:30:34 pm »
Mobydick....

I'm sure my mate will probably laugh at your comment when i tell him about! ;) ;D

Provided if he's drinking some more beer at the celbration bash tommorow!  ;D
Walsall FC aka the red and white Saddlers. The innovators as well as the first sports team in England/UK, to sell the Chicken Balti Pie:

With a soft spot for the redmen of Liverpool since the League Cup Semi Final 1984. RIP to the 39 in Brussels and of course the 96.

Offline Brick Tamland

• Helllllo Jen
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love lamp
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2003, 09:56:57 pm »
To be honest I thought it was the Sheff U fans who started singing YNWA, the Wolves fans at the same time were singing "we are going up.............." and then caught on to the fact that YNWA was getting going, then joined in and then it was heard loudly throughout the stadium.
"I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks."

Offline Mark_P

• Stupid fucking little gosbite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2003, 10:25:58 pm »
Song robbin bastards  ::)  ;D
Just GO you Yank twats.

Offline Colum

• I'm looking for a row to happily settle down with
  • Legacy Fan
  • No more YES men!!!
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2003, 04:45:08 pm »
Sir Jack can take some of the pressure of Sir Bobby with the media comments as such :)

"Welcome To The Premiership, Sir Jack
Wolves’ elevation to the top flight gives us the joy of millionaire owner and all-round loon Sir Jack Hayward – and we suspect that he may become a firm friend of Mediawatch in months to come. Here are just some of the highlights from his reaction to the Millennium Stadium win in the Express and Star:

Sir Jack re-writes history: "It might sink in soon, but I don't know how I'm going to celebrate - I don't like French champagne and don't drink French products, so I might have a glass of red wine - South African, New Zealand, Australian or Chilean - anything from the Empire!"

Sir Jack’s multiple personality: "I wasn't emotional at all, I never felt like crying at all, I'm almost crying now but the handkerchief's fine!"

Sir Jack shows off his vocabulary: "When you're born within 300 yards of Molineux and you can smell the embrocation, you are a Molineux boy, but you sometimes let things go overboard, which I did - but it's paid off.”

(Embrocation, by the way, is ‘liniment or lotion’. And yes, we did have to look it up.)

Sir Jack reveals all: "I'm patient because I'm mad.”

Sir Jack sets his sights low: "We will obviously want to beat the likes of Manchester United and Arsenal 6-0 and take the League championship trophy at the end of the season - have I said the wrong thing? You don't think it will inspire them to fight back?”"
"in a universe that defies description, all systems of belief can only be false." -spare

• Legacy Fan
    • My Mobile Blog
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2003, 04:51:10 pm »
Yes Colum i read the Sir Jack Interview from the Express and Star webiste. Expect some more corkers and quips from him from next season. It seem shat Sir Bobby Robson has got a rival for the unwitting comic genius in football!  ;D ;D