Author Topic: FAO: US Reds----tv info  (Read 832957 times)

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
Re: FAO: US Reds----tv infos
« Reply #4680 on: February 11, 2015, 06:51:29 pm »
Thanks 4pool.

What is Fox's soccer business model?  Do they make a profit off FSP?  Compare them with NBC, who offer NBCSN as a standard channel and have generated a lot of goodwill amongst footy fans here (just going off talking to strangers at the pub and around), not least because NBC ensures you have options for watching any footy they own the rights to. They run advertisements on other channels detailing how you can watch all premier league matches free (well, free with an existing cable subscription). Comparatively, I can't understand what Fox is attempting to do. Like, how many people subscribe to FSP?  Most media outfits seem to try to get viewers in first, then make the money on ad revenue. Judging from the ads I saw on FSP broadcasts at the pub, they're making about $0.50 per 30 second ad slot at least, if not more!  I mean, I think we all know these 2 minute long ads for ab rollers are bringing in MASSIVE revenue for FSP. Fox clearly not following that NBC (and global?) media strategy of getting the customer onside, and then worrying about wringing em (or, their advertisers) for every penny....

Honestly asking.

Anyway, if anyone would care for a nice bevvie to go with this fare, I've left like a page of fine whine on the previous page of this thread. Because honestly, fuck fox. Yellow press and devious as all get out, shady org, GOOD TIMES.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
Re: FAO: US Reds----tv info
« Reply #4681 on: February 11, 2015, 07:02:31 pm »
Also, you really need to see FS2 and FSP in all their 'it's 2015, and somehow this shit is only offered in Standard Definition' glory to really be believed. I gotta believe that Fox is paying extra to send over some standard def cameras to matches, or they've pirated the Kazakhstan feed.  Incredible to see.  Hey, I really do sound like a douche, don't i?  Ah well
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4682 on: February 11, 2015, 07:04:34 pm »
Also, you really need to see FS2 and FSP in all their 'it's 2015, and somehow this shit is only offered in Standard Definition' glory to really be believed. I gotta believe that Fox is paying extra to send over some standard def cameras to matches, or they've pirated the Kazakhstan feed.  Incredible to see.  Hey, I really do sound like a douche, don't i?  Ah well

FS1 and FS2 are all in HD, FSP I don't think is though.

Anyway not paying $15 extra a month just for that channel. My directv bill just went up $15 a month as it is.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #4683 on: February 11, 2015, 07:13:19 pm »

Anyway not paying $15 extra a month just for that channel. My directv bill just went up $15 a month as it is.

Time Warner Cable in Southern California STILL does not carry FoxSports2 in HD, to the best of my knowledge. FoxSoccerPlus is available in HD but not FS2.

We may not care for NASCAR but a LOT (too many?) Americans care about it, including in Southern California (you wouldn't know it if you went by T.V. shows about this region, but you should never do that anyway). NASCAR is boring enough as it is, it should be extra-boring if it's in SD, right?
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4684 on: February 11, 2015, 07:17:18 pm »
I dropped TWC for tv, found their service shocking.

Direct TV was much better for me. They have FS1 and 2 in HD, FSP i'm not 100% sure what that's in though. I had it briefly when I thought we were going to be broadcast there in the CL, dropped it sharpish when saw the channel listings.

Offline Stateside Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4685 on: February 11, 2015, 07:45:01 pm »
Thanks 4pool.

What is Fox's soccer business model?  Do they make a profit off FSP?  Compare them with NBC, who offer NBCSN as a standard channel and have generated a lot of goodwill amongst footy fans here (just going off talking to strangers at the pub and around), not least because NBC ensures you have options for watching any footy they own the rights to. They run advertisements on other channels detailing how you can watch all premier league matches free (well, free with an existing cable subscription). Comparatively, I can't understand what Fox is attempting to do. Like, how many people subscribe to FSP?  Most media outfits seem to try to get viewers in first, then make the money on ad revenue. Judging from the ads I saw on FSP broadcasts at the pub, they're making about $0.50 per 30 second ad slot at least, if not more!  I mean, I think we all know these 2 minute long ads for ab rollers are bringing in MASSIVE revenue for FSP. Fox clearly not following that NBC (and global?) media strategy of getting the customer onside, and then worrying about wringing em (or, their advertisers) for every penny....

Honestly asking.

Anyway, if anyone would care for a nice bevvie to go with this fare, I've left like a page of fine whine on the previous page of this thread. Because honestly, fuck fox. Yellow press and devious as all get out, shady org, GOOD TIMES.

We just found out this isn't necessarily true as our local NBC affiliate decided to broadcast a local college hockey match instead of the Everton match, so apparently the local affiliates have some kind of final say on what's being shown.

We were able to catch it on a Spanish NBC channel which was probably for the better anyway.

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4686 on: February 11, 2015, 08:07:04 pm »
Does anyone know anything about this a la carte thing Dish is cooking up?

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #4687 on: February 11, 2015, 10:38:57 pm »
Does anyone know anything about this a la carte thing Dish is cooking up?

Because of that, today at CES Dish Network announced Sling TV, a reduced-tier package for online streaming, but it includes a lot of the channels that aren’t typically included. Users will have access to 12 channels, including ESPN, Travel Channel, Food Network, and others, and it will be available for only $20 per month. For iOS and Android users, you’ll have access to Sling TV as well. Most surprising is the inclusion of the Xbox One, with no mention of competitor Sony’s Playstation 4. Also mentioned were Amazon’s Fire TV and Fire TV Stick specifically, as carriers of Sling TV.

While it may seem insignificant, it’s the idea that companies are willing to adopt new, requested ways to deliver content that is most satisfying. For years many cord-cutters complained about the cost of cable television and satellite, citing hundreds of channels for hundreds of dollars, while only watching a few. Here, Dish Network is addressing the issue and including some of its most popular channels for only a dollar and change per channel.

The downside is that the Sling TV streams only to one device at a time. If you pay for the service and your husband is watching it on Xbox One, you can’t use your iPad to watch another channel. For others though, this is exactly what’s been requested for years. Joe Clayton, Dish Network President and CEO, also mentioned additional packages for additional costs. Children’s programming, sports, news and other packages will be made available for an extra $5 per month.

Sure, it’s not exactly what we’ve been clamoring for, but it’s a start.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline jdpapa3

• Kopite
« Reply #4688 on: February 11, 2015, 11:23:03 pm »
Lol, basketball I get, but effing Nascar.

As far as I can tell, it's Nascar PRACTICE as well. We talkin bout practice.

Possible go-around for Saturday is that Fox Deportes is airing it. I get that on my sports package and the SAP button should get it going in English. SD, though.  :'(

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4689 on: February 12, 2015, 02:20:20 am »

Possible go-around for Saturday is that Fox Deportes is airing it. I get that on my sports package and the SAP button should get it going in English. SD, though.  :'(

Somewhere, MacGyver salutes you
You'll Never Walk Alone

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4690 on: February 12, 2015, 03:35:49 pm »

Why pay $15 for a month?

Call up Friday and add FSP.

Watch the match Saturday.

Call up Monday and cancel FSP. they'll pro-rate the $15. and you'l end up paying $3 or so.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4691 on: February 12, 2015, 04:34:15 pm »

Depending on the provider and package, FoxDeportes is available on both HD and SD.

With Time Warner Cable in Southern California, FoxSoccerPlus and FoxDeportes are available in HD. FoxSports2 is only available in SD.

Such are the mysterious ways of Time Warner Cable and Fox Sports.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline GrkStav

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4692 on: February 12, 2015, 04:38:26 pm »
I dropped TWC for tv, found their service shocking.

Direct TV was much better for me. They have FS1 and 2 in HD, FSP i'm not 100% sure what that's in though. I had it briefly when I thought we were going to be broadcast there in the CL, dropped it sharpish when saw the channel listings.

I had a longish twitter conversation with a TWCHelp rep about FS2 in HD. He/she gave me the usual corporate PR b.s. but I socratically got her/him to admit that an FS2 HD feed DOES exist and that TWC So Cal and Fox Sports have not come to an agreement so that TWC So Cal would carry it.

Service level ranges from shockingly bad to shockingly outstanding. That's NOT a good thing for a regulated company.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4693 on: February 12, 2015, 05:28:33 pm »
I'm going to be travelling this weekend, normally not a big deal as the NBCSN app gives a really good stream.  This FSP crap is pretty awful though, their stream is terrible.

Offline phillypool

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4694 on: February 13, 2015, 03:54:35 pm »
Showing on Fox Deportes.

Offline ColdSteel

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4695 on: February 13, 2015, 07:01:49 pm »
Showing on Fox Deportes.

I was just going to post the same thing. I love watching football on the Spanish channels.

You're in philly? Ever been to Llama tooth? I was just there it's amazing.

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
« Reply #4696 on: February 13, 2015, 07:36:59 pm »
Crystal Palace v Liverpool at 12:25pm ET on Fox Soccer Plus & streaming live on both FoxSoccer2Go (which has a free trial through Feb 27th) & the more widely accessible FoxSportsGo. The app is pretty good. Works better than NBC's for me. But I know that's not the case for everyone.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 07:38:51 pm by kenworthy »
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4697 on: February 13, 2015, 07:44:05 pm »
Crystal Palace v Liverpool at 12:25pm ET on Fox Soccer Plus & streaming live on both FoxSoccer2Go (which has a free trial through Feb 27th) & the more widely accessible FoxSportsGo. The app is pretty good. Works better than NBC's for me. But I know that's not the case for everyone.

Hmm, never tried FoxSportsGo. I'll give it a whirl and then go to a stream if it wont let me watch it. It seems to indicate it as a Fox Sports 1 program and that I can watch it, even though it isn't actually on that channel.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline demontorres

• Main Stander
« Reply #4698 on: February 13, 2015, 08:00:42 pm »
Anyone know of a good place to watch an early match in New Orleans?

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4699 on: February 13, 2015, 08:07:19 pm »
Hmm, never tried FoxSportsGo. I'll give it a whirl and then go to a stream if it wont let me watch it. It seems to indicate it as a Fox Sports 1 program and that I can watch it, even though it isn't actually on that channel.
FoxSportsGo is quite good on tablets. Not as good in a browser in my experience.

Also, FoxSports2Go is a giant scam if you have cable. There's virtually nothing on it that isn't available for free on FoxSportsGo.

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4700 on: February 13, 2015, 08:37:56 pm »

Correct. I saw a note that said Fox were pushing the game to Fox Sports Go because of the programming conflict with Nascar and college basketball. They usually only air FS1 material on Fox Sports Go.
               YNWA

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4701 on: February 13, 2015, 08:38:54 pm »
FoxSportsGo is quite good on tablets. Not as good in a browser in my experience.

Also, FoxSports2Go is a giant scam if you have cable. There's virtually nothing on it that isn't available for free on FoxSportsGo.

Agreed, Fox Sports Go works great on my tablet, and even my IPhone. I've always liked the app and find it easy to use.
               YNWA

Offline phillypool

• Main Stander
« Reply #4702 on: February 13, 2015, 09:27:41 pm »
I was just going to post the same thing. I love watching football on the Spanish channels.

You're in philly? Ever been to Llama tooth? I was just there it's amazing.
Yes. Never been there. Is it nice to watch football there? I'll check it out. I've been going a lot around there lately.

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4703 on: February 13, 2015, 10:29:32 pm »
Anyone know of a good place to watch an early match in New Orleans?

http://finnmccools.com/football-schedule

Offline rlpolobear9

• Kopite
« Reply #4704 on: February 14, 2015, 03:17:53 pm »
All you guys talking about Fox and direct tv do know that SkyB the conglomerate run by Rupert Murdoch own direct tv, sky across the world and all of the fox channels which is why they are standard on that service right?

It's not because it's something superior, and why NBCSN is on for free is because it is owned by comcast which is the largest us cable company who can throw their weight around to get better deals because they own so many networks and carry other provider networks in negotiated deals.

Fox sports is really poorly run in that they try to hold the cable providers ransom for subscriber fees but the viewership is generally very low compared to networks like ESPN, NBCSN and other networks. But by not making deals with the cable providers they can try and draw more people to direct tv by offering the channels there. It's going to be interesting to see what happens to everyone's bills once AT&T acquires the direct tv business and then has to negotiate the rates with the content providers without producing any content themselves. My guess it's going to mean a lot of people switching back to cable in a few years as the prices sky rocket.
Liverpool FC 5 time European champs!!!!! YNWA

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4705 on: February 14, 2015, 03:24:00 pm »
Anyone else enjoying Blackburn-Stoke in SD on FS2?  Looks like a recording of a 2003 Pro Evolution Soccer long play.  1979 Nascar (??!!!!!) showing (obv not filmed or shown in HD) on the HD channel FS1.  Paid programming on Fox proper, Montell Williams and THE MAYOR Rudy Giuliani selling a home invasion defense kit. .  Big things!! 

I HEART FOX. Seeing is believing.  Who can I contact to give Fox more money?
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Get em Kells!

• Main Stander
« Reply #4706 on: February 14, 2015, 04:59:08 pm »
Anyone else enjoying Blackburn-Stoke in SD on FS2?  Looks like a recording of a 2003 Pro Evolution Soccer long play.  1979 Nascar (??!!!!!) showing (obv not filmed or shown in HD) on the HD channel FS1.  Paid programming on Fox proper, Montell Williams and THE MAYOR Rudy Giuliani selling a home invasion defense kit. .  Big things!! 

I HEART FOX. Seeing is believing.  Who can I contact to give Fox more money?

Ridiculous isn't it? We're on Fox Deportes though...and it's always a laugh watching in spanish.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #4707 on: February 14, 2015, 05:21:22 pm »
Fox's coverage is atrocious. Showing Marquette vs Creighton on FS1 instead of the match. At least I don't have to hear Wynalda and Lalas, two of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. They just received the rights to all the World Cups through 2026 too. Pure terror.

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4708 on: February 14, 2015, 05:33:22 pm »
Are people aware of Fox Sports Go? It is like the NBC sign-in coverage for premier games.

I only have the basic FOX coverage and the game is on. You can either watch online or mobile.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4709 on: February 14, 2015, 07:55:22 pm »
Fair play, Fox Soccer Plus was HD.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4710 on: February 15, 2015, 12:55:05 am »
Thursday April 19th
Liverpool v Beşiktaş
3 pm Eastern
Fox Sports 2

FYI: Young Boys v Everton is on FS2 at 1PM eastern. After their match is ours.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #4711 on: February 15, 2015, 01:12:35 am »
Thursday April 19th
Liverpool v Beşiktaş
3 pm Eastern
Fox Sports 2

February, not April, no?  ;)
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline GrkStav

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4712 on: February 15, 2015, 04:34:33 am »
Fox's coverage is atrocious. Showing Marquette vs Creighton on FS1 instead of the match. At least I don't have to hear Wynalda and Lalas, two of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. They just received the rights to all the World Cups through 2026 too. Pure terror.

They've added Stu Holden. I like Stu, he's a cool guy, seems knowledgeable about the game, unlike some other former players.

The problem is the Wynalda, Barton, Lalas and whatever the other moron's last name is, quartet. Barrage of inanities, and an utter inability to think extemporaneously and come up with intelligent, useful commentary and analysis.

I don't always agree with the NBCSN crew, nor do I always find their analyses insightful (I absolutely, positively hate Arlo White, and Le Saux bores me to tears) but they take the sport SERIOUSLY and don't sound like used car salesmen.
Ludi Circenses!

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4713 on: February 15, 2015, 03:11:49 pm »
February, not April, no?  ;)

No... :butt     ;D

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4714 on: February 16, 2015, 06:54:35 pm »
Thursday April 19th
Liverpool v Beşiktaş
3 pm Eastern
Fox Sports 2

Second leg on the 26th will be on FS1.
               YNWA

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4715 on: February 16, 2015, 07:02:22 pm »

Wynalda has such a punchable face. His commentary makes me actually punch things.

Every Saturday I am so thankful that we have NBCSN to watch the PL on.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline emk06

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4716 on: February 16, 2015, 10:50:56 pm »
Are people aware of Fox Sports Go? It is like the NBC sign-in coverage for premier games.

I only have the basic FOX coverage and the game is on. You can either watch online or mobile.

is this the service you have to pay a monthly fee for? i tried to login and was offered a free trial for the match or pay monthly. it would be great if the champions league has the same coverage as nbc where you can watch games for free anywhere

Offline GrkStav

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4717 on: February 16, 2015, 11:47:03 pm »
is this the service you have to pay a monthly fee for? i tried to login and was offered a free trial for the match or pay monthly. it would be great if the champions league has the same coverage as nbc where you can watch games for free anywhere

No, it's the other service. The one you get access to if your cable or satellite provider has agreed with Fox to offer 'free' to its paying customers. Fox Sport Go vs Fox Sports 2 Go.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 04:17:53 am by GrkStav »
Ludi Circenses!

Offline phillypool

• Main Stander
« Reply #4718 on: February 17, 2015, 03:13:32 pm »
Liverpool vs Beşiktaş   

Streaming on ESPN3

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #4719 on: February 17, 2015, 04:21:48 pm »
Wynalda has such a punchable face. His commentary makes me actually punch things.

Every Saturday I am so thankful that we have NBCSN to watch the PL on.
Agree, and Lalas is even worse. They both seem so smug and arrogant considering they did fuck all in their careers.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.