Author Topic: Scousefest for Michael Shields big Concert Planned  (Read 9407 times)

Offline Bob Kurac

• Cares.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Modern football is shit
Re: Scousefest for Michael Shields big Concert Planned
« Reply #40 on: July 8, 2006, 12:42:05 am »
They're not all blues, John Power of The La's and then Cast 

... blagged my baccy off me @ Old Trafford about five mins from full time in the Chelsea semi.

I quit smoking three days later.

Anyhow, Joynty, John and co, <snip>

send me email will yer ? ykts ...
« Last Edit: July 8, 2006, 12:51:49 am by Bob Kurac »

Offline NornIron!!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: July 8, 2006, 02:40:49 am »
superb call!
As poppy petals gently fall
Remember us who gave our all
Not in the mud of foreign lands
Not buried in the desert sands

In Ulster field and farm and town
Fermanagh lanes and drumlin'd Down
We died that violent death should cease
And Ulstermen might live in peace.

Offline tomolfc

• Main Stander
  • IN RAFA WE TRUST
« Reply #42 on: July 8, 2006, 07:35:01 am »
it wasnt that impromtu----he had his guitar with him. Boss singer though and boss night
Liverpool are Europes most succesful team in the last four decades.   FACT

Offline tomolfc

• Main Stander
  • IN RAFA WE TRUST
« Reply #43 on: July 8, 2006, 07:41:27 am »
Mono,  have a word with Huto   and get the Farm involved. Its more than a worthy course.
Liverpool are Europes most succesful team in the last four decades.   FACT

Offline Lower Cents

• Main Stander
  • Ned Kelly's Is HQ
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2006, 03:21:01 pm »
Will ask Nev Skelly.

Swing/Jazz singer, who produced unofficial FA Cup Final song & has also done other work for Michael.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 03:22:37 pm by Lower Cents »

Offline BootleRed

• Kopite
  • Put yerself in my shoes for a change!
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2006, 01:14:56 am »
I get the feeling we will be looking for a bigger venue at this rate.....co7uld end up being as big as the Hillsborough concert.  :o
Look forward to it coming together anyway and if any of the organisers need any assistance just drop me a line and I will help out where I can.
We're not English -We are Scouse.

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Steve Biko, Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela and now ScouserTommy37. Stop the repression!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Will there ever be a Rainbow ?
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2006, 01:23:15 am »
Great idea and something I would very much like to be a part of.

Was just thinking about the HJC Concert and then found this thread.

Spooky.
Come on RAWK lets ave it and you can bring your fuckin dinner as well.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/ <-- Read this JFT96

MICHAEL SHIELDS YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

"If Jamie Carragher were Italian, we'd build entire dynasties around him." Corriere della Sera

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2006, 06:03:56 pm »
will anybody be selling raffle tickets at wrexham on saturday,the pub were most of us ended up last year was called the 'plas coch' see you there!!

Offline cookiesmum

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2006, 11:28:24 am »
I have spoken to a lady at Michaels office this morning. She doesn't know if any one is selling tickets at Wrexham. It would be great if as many people as pos could get some tickets and do that.Here are the details for any one who can help.Come on guys and girls lets help this poor lad come home to his mum and dad.Here are the raffle details for any one who can help.His ransom is now £90.000 every penny counts.
This raffle has been organised by a local councillor Mr Joe Anderson and the draw will be made on 1st August.

A book of tickets will cost £2 but tickets can be sold separately,
If you want to help sell tickets or just want to buy a book for yourself, Telephone
Michaels office( 0151 260 7165) and they will post them out to you but will have to charge postage ( a small price to pay )

Any stubbs of tickets sold can then be posted back to the office and the money raised can be deposited in any Lloyds Bank

in ACCOUNT NO:- 024 99 003
SORT CODE:- 30 95 11

I hope this is of some help.

This involves very little effort on our part but will mean a huge amount to the campaign

Michaels parents are in Bulgaria now and visited him yesterday...he has lost even more weight as he is having difficulty eating the food and is reliant on what his family take over and they are having to make these visits every week.

Thanks for your time everyone.

Here as promised are details of the raffle prizes and contact details.

1st prize Jamie carragher FA cup top

2nd prize Jamie carragher michael shields top
3rd prize Alonso michael shields top
4th prize Tim cahill top
5th prize Arteta signed boots
lots of other prizes include signed balls and large food and drink hamper

to be drawn on Tuesday 1st august 2006

tickets are 20p each or £2 a book

tickets are available at our campaign office

please do not hesitate to contact us for further details

Michael Shields Campaign
3 Holland Place,
Liverpool,
England, L7 8TU

Telephone 0044 (0) 151 260 7165
Fax 0044 (0) 151 260 7165

e-mail:- michaelshieldscampaign@uwclub.net

http://www.michaelshields.uwclub.net/

Some great prizes guys!!!

Offline Bilsland

• Main Stander
  • Justice for Michael Shields-Keep the Faith
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2006, 02:32:11 am »
Any more news on the concert fellas. There's a fair bit of interest on other forums.

Offline Hubby

• Anny Roader
  • You lying bastards! Get out of our club!
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2006, 10:38:09 am »
I know Chris O'Neill from the Bootleg Beatles, he would go out of his way to do this and knows plenty of people in the industry like Oasis etc.

Also - Pete Doherty, claims he grew up in Liverpool - seems like a sound fella (jonahan ross show).

Offline Chris C

• Anny Roader
  • I'll show you that British craftsmanship is alive!
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2006, 12:41:12 am »
another idea:

Just an idea but having seen the idea about a quid donation being made at the home games, and how it would be enough to bring the lad back here to serve his sentence.

How about opening this up to many of those who can't make it to the game and have a bring a pound to work day?

In return employers could let staff dress down or summat.

Another idea would be to 'Give Michael a break' and have a day whereby individuals forego a 15 minute workbreak in exchange for a £1 donation from their employer or even  from the individual (£1 for 15 minutes is some way below national minimum wage so the employers gain if anything from the additional productivity).

With over 150,000 people employed in the city alone this could go some way towards bringing Michael back home.

For those who aren't in the city the 'bring a pound to work day' may allow them to do something worthwhile and swell the coffers at the same time.

Not many people will be aware that the release fund has interest added onto it so every day that nothing happens it becomes more out of reach for Michael's family to bring him home.

This isn't about large donations, it's about a lot of people doing one small act of sacrifice to bring Michael home.
Werthers Hag

Offline Bilsland

• Main Stander
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2006, 02:35:47 am »
Great ideas there Chris...can you post it in Michaels support thread in .tv or if you don't go there would you mind if I copy and pasted it there myself?

Offline Chris C

• Anny Roader
  • I'll show you that British craftsmanship is alive!
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2006, 08:05:08 pm »
Haven't been on the .tv site for a while and can't remember my login - feel free to c&p it in there.
Werthers Hag

Offline charlie clown

• Kemlynite
  • is it love you're after, or just a good time?
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2006, 10:25:44 pm »
Shack are very big Liverpool fans - as a local band it might be worth asking them as well.
And come to half-time, you were losing four-nil.
Each and every goal, a hotly disputed penalty.
So you'd smash up the floodlights and the match was abandoned
And the dog would bark and you'd be banned from his house.

Offline Bilsland

• Main Stander
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2006, 11:36:33 pm »
Thanks Chris, will do tomorrow when the boards open

Offline Bilsland

• Main Stander
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2006, 11:39:42 pm »
Macca lined up for Michael gig Jul 21 2006

EXCLUSIVE by Luke Traynor, Liverpool Echo

PAUL McCARTNEY has been asked to headline a fundraising concert in Liverpool to bring jailed Michael Shields home.

The music superstar is one of a host of world-famous acts being approached to play an exclusive gig in Liverpool in November.

An approach has already been made to the Beatles legend by Liverpool music impressario Malcolm Feld to appear in a star-studded show.

Labour leader Cllr Joe Anderson, part of Michael Shields' campaign, is in negotiation with the Liverpool Empire theatre to host the event.

Details of who else is being approached remain a secret, but the ECHO has learned soul legend Gloria Gaynor, Elton John and George Michael will be asked to support the Wavertree teenager.

Thousands of pounds could be raised through the concert which will go to the Michael Shields Bring Him Home fund.

Malcolm Feld, who has looked after top acts such as Bobby Darin, Sammy Davis Jr and Bruce Forsyth, is launching the spectacular along with Mike McCartney, Paul's brother.

The photographer is set to bring together members of his 1960s band the Scaffold in a one-off reunion.

Mike was keen to support Michael Shields after being emphatically cleared in February of groping a waitress at a Wirral pub.

He told the ECHO: "I've been in a similar position as Michael and been held a hostage in my house.

"His freedom has been taken away and aprice has been put on his head. It's a nightmare the young lad is living day and night.

"People should stand up and be counted and not just do nothing."

Mr Feld is to scour his large portfolio of prominent American acts to ask if they will appear. He said: "There will be a lot of surprises on the night and a lot of big, big names.

"When Bob Geldof launched Live Aid he didn't realise howbig it would become.These ideas tend to snowball as people get behind it."

Labour leader Cllr Anderson said: "I'm sure this will be a spectacular evening that will help us raise some much-needed funds for Michael."

luketraynor@liverpoolecho.co.uk

Fund-raisers

A SERIES of high-profile fundraising events could be organised to raise the cash needed for Michael Shields.

Discussions are under way to arrange charity functions to help the Shields reach the initial downpayment figure.

A number of well-known Liverpool bands have been approached about holding a gig at the recently-opened Picket.

And Cllr Joe Anderson has spoken to Liverpool Football Club about the possibility of organising a Bring £1 To The Match event for the Reds first Premiership fixture at Anfield in August.

Jamie Carragher has already volunteered to raffle his FA Cup - winning shirt from Cardiff and tops from Xabi Alonso and the Blues' Tim Cahill could also be sold to the highest bidder.

Singer Neville Skelly is pencilled in to appear at The Devonshire hotel on August 25 and tickets are available.

Anyone wishing to donate money to the Bring Him Home Fund needs to visit Lloyds bank in Castle Street.

The account number is 02499003 and the sort code 309511.

Transfer cost

THE Shields family need to pay a £30,000 deposit to transfer the 19-year-old from Bulgaria to a British jail.

Michael Shields was convicted of attempted murder last summer following an attack on Bulgarian waiter Martin Georgiev in the Bulgarian resort of Golden Sands.

Anfield electrician Graham Sankey confessed to the attack, but judges refused to consider his statement and his solicitor later retracted it, saying he had been involved in a different incident.

Offline LucyjaneLFC

• Kemlynite
  • I'm not a stalker... honest
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2006, 12:56:51 am »
this is the first I'd seen bout this! See Bils doing the good work accross all the forums :)
worthwile and defo up for it. I'd be up for raising money just for a fari trial ffs!!

"I know Chris O'Neill from the Bootleg Beatles, he would go out of his way to do this and knows plenty of people in the industry like Oasis etc"
Oh dear... once upon a daydream, i was very pissed in the cavern, back in tyhe uni days, got chucked off thestage and got into a lil bit of an argument!!...lovin the boolegs
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 01:00:15 am by LucyjaneLFC »

Offline Wilf Hunter

• Lives in a huff camper van
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Skrtel's Head
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2006, 10:42:28 pm »
Gloria Fuckin Gaynor?
There's only one 'F' in Rafa.

Offline samisgirl

• Professor of English
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2006, 04:48:11 pm »
what day is it going to be anyone know?
JFT 96  96 Liverpool fans lost their lives at Hillsborough. Thousands more were deeply affected. The Sun sed Liverpool fans robbed their own dead and urinated on policemen and other fans doing their best to save them. The Sun said Lpool fans were to blame for causing the crush by turning up ticketless and drunk. The Sun told lies. DON'T BUY THE SUN

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Steve Biko, Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela and now ScouserTommy37. Stop the repression!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Will there ever be a Rainbow ?
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2006, 10:15:50 pm »
Macca lined up for Michael gig Jul 21 2006

EXCLUSIVE by Luke Traynor, Liverpool Echo

PAUL McCARTNEY has been asked to headline a fundraising concert in Liverpool to bring jailed Michael Shields home.

The music superstar is one of a host of world-famous acts being approached to play an exclusive gig in Liverpool in November.

An approach has already been made to the Beatles legend by Liverpool music impressario Malcolm Feld to appear in a star-studded show.

Labour leader Cllr Joe Anderson, part of Michael Shields' campaign, is in negotiation with the Liverpool Empire theatre to host the event.

Details of who else is being approached remain a secret, but the ECHO has learned soul legend Gloria Gaynor, Elton John and George Michael will be asked to support the Wavertree teenager.

Thousands of pounds could be raised through the concert which will go to the Michael Shields Bring Him Home fund.

Malcolm Feld, who has looked after top acts such as Bobby Darin, Sammy Davis Jr and Bruce Forsyth, is launching the spectacular along with Mike McCartney, Paul's brother.

The photographer is set to bring together members of his 1960s band the Scaffold in a one-off reunion.

Mike was keen to support Michael Shields after being emphatically cleared in February of groping a waitress at a Wirral pub.

He told the ECHO: "I've been in a similar position as Michael and been held a hostage in my house.

"His freedom has been taken away and aprice has been put on his head. It's a nightmare the young lad is living day and night.

"People should stand up and be counted and not just do nothing."

Mr Feld is to scour his large portfolio of prominent American acts to ask if they will appear. He said: "There will be a lot of surprises on the night and a lot of big, big names.

"When Bob Geldof launched Live Aid he didn't realise howbig it would become.These ideas tend to snowball as people get behind it."

Labour leader Cllr Anderson said: "I'm sure this will be a spectacular evening that will help us raise some much-needed funds for Michael."

luketraynor@liverpoolecho.co.uk

Fund-raisers

A SERIES of high-profile fundraising events could be organised to raise the cash needed for Michael Shields.

Discussions are under way to arrange charity functions to help the Shields reach the initial downpayment figure.

A number of well-known Liverpool bands have been approached about holding a gig at the recently-opened Picket.

And Cllr Joe Anderson has spoken to Liverpool Football Club about the possibility of organising a Bring £1 To The Match event for the Reds first Premiership fixture at Anfield in August.

Jamie Carragher has already volunteered to raffle his FA Cup - winning shirt from Cardiff and tops from Xabi Alonso and the Blues' Tim Cahill could also be sold to the highest bidder.

Singer Neville Skelly is pencilled in to appear at The Devonshire hotel on August 25 and tickets are available.

Anyone wishing to donate money to the Bring Him Home Fund needs to visit Lloyds bank in Castle Street.

The account number is 02499003 and the sort code 309511.

Transfer cost

THE Shields family need to pay a £30,000 deposit to transfer the 19-year-old from Bulgaria to a British jail.

Michael Shields was convicted of attempted murder last summer following an attack on Bulgarian waiter Martin Georgiev in the Bulgarian resort of Golden Sands.

Anfield electrician Graham Sankey confessed to the attack, but judges refused to consider his statement and his solicitor later retracted it, saying he had been involved in a different incident.

Excellent news that word is getting around and I hope to be singing You'll Never Walk Alone loud and proud at the end of the concert which has raised all the money we need!
Come on RAWK lets ave it and you can bring your fuckin dinner as well.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/ <-- Read this JFT96

MICHAEL SHIELDS YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

"If Jamie Carragher were Italian, we'd build entire dynasties around him." Corriere della Sera

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2006, 08:41:10 pm »
Here guys, you should get this band for the gig if it's in September

http://www.myspace.com/unionavenue

We have them booked for our Auction Night in Aberdeen on August 19th.

Go to their site and listen to the song that plays, superb.

Also take time to listen to their other songs
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2006, 09:23:08 pm »
I'm sure 'theTime' would be up for this if you need them. Their manager is a good friend of Paul Dalgliesh so the more 'celebs' that get behind this the better, hey even Kelly might come along!

http://myspace.com/thetimeuk

PM me if you want me to get in touch with the boys.

Would you rather win the lottery or Joe Royles head full of Fifty pence pieces ?

Offline lfc4eva

• Too Young To Use Ticket Exchange
  • Main Stander
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #63 on: August 1, 2006, 02:21:55 pm »
http://www.myspace.com/thelaynemusic 

dont know if you want bands that are not known but have a listen to this band from wigan there called the layne. sure they would be more than happy to play at this gig for michael and it would also get them gig experience and the chance to play with some big names. my cousin knows them like so if your intrested then just pm me or get intouch with them through their myspace cheers.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2006, 02:25:10 pm by lfc4eva »
BLUE MY ARSE
RED TIL I DIE

Offline Brow

• Main Stander
« Reply #64 on: August 4, 2006, 11:19:30 am »
I have spoken to my Director and he has allowed me  to provide free of charge a 3m x 3m (10ft x 10ft) full colour stage backdrop for the event if you are interested.

Andy@Scanachrome

Offline stescouse100

• Anny Roader
« Reply #65 on: August 4, 2006, 11:41:40 am »
Top notch idea this, well done to all the organizers. As you say Michael deserves this, hopefully will be able to attend. Justice for Michael YNWA

Offline Bilsland

• Main Stander
« Reply #66 on: August 6, 2006, 06:17:33 am »
There are some great ideas in here.....

I would just like to point out to anyone interested in getting hold of Jamie Carraghers Cup Final shirt...the Raffle in aid of Michael will now be drawn on the date of the first HOME game of the season.

For details on how to get your tickets or contribute to the Bring Michael Home Fund please see my earlier post above.....thanks.

Offline allyrobbo

• Boys Pen
« Reply #67 on: August 6, 2006, 02:00:34 pm »
Try and get The Great Northwestern Hoboes, I wenmt to see them in brighton last night and they were absolutely awesome. First gig I've been to in a long time and been genuinly blown away by a band. Simply stunning and probably the best band in Liverpool at the moment.

www.myspace.com/thegreatnorthwesternhoboes

www.greatnorthwesternhoboes.com

Offline samisgirl

• Professor of English
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2006, 08:23:18 pm »
anyone know when it will be?
JFT 96  96 Liverpool fans lost their lives at Hillsborough. Thousands more were deeply affected. The Sun sed Liverpool fans robbed their own dead and urinated on policemen and other fans doing their best to save them. The Sun said Lpool fans were to blame for causing the crush by turning up ticketless and drunk. The Sun told lies. DON'T BUY THE SUN

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2006, 04:30:05 pm »

SCOUSESTOCK

Boil some beef on the bone and some root vegetables for 4 hours adding salt and a bay leaf toward the end.

Slam Vrooooooooooom...........
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .