Author Topic: 70,000 capacity  (Read 90862 times)

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
Re: 70,000 capacity
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2006, 09:43:18 am »
And who's to say ticket prices won't continue to rise pricing more and more people out? Plus there's probably going to be even more football on tv and if ticket prices remain high people will stay at home.

A lot of people are already getting pissed off with the prices and the overall state of football. Of course it'd be nice to have the option of future expansion but it's maybe not that big an issue.

Offline Fowllah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What the fuck was I thinking with this pseudo?
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2006, 07:42:15 pm »
If whether we regularly fill the stadium is the question, I know I will be there and many other wools ;)

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2006, 09:19:50 pm »
The more wools the better if it means filling the stadium. Having a stadium totally filled with Scousers would be the ideal scenario   8) but I have no problem with people from ouside the city ( Kirby , Huyton , Bootle , Birkenhead , Skem , Ellesmere Port , hell even southerners  ) and further afield aswell as long as they respect the tradition of the club.

KFS
Would you rather win the lottery or Joe Royles head full of Fifty pence pieces ?

Offline soueyg

• Main Stander
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2006, 10:55:13 pm »
Have a walk through Bootle, Kirkby or Huyton and call someone a wool, go on I dare you.

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2006, 09:58:11 am »
The more wools the better if it means filling the stadium. Having a stadium totally filled with Scousers would be the ideal scenario   8) but I have no problem with people from ouside the city ( Kirby , Huyton , Bootle , Birkenhead , Skem , Ellesmere Port , hell even southerners  ) and further afield aswell as long as they respect the tradition of the club.

KFS

What about the Scousers who wouldn't know what tradition and respect were if they came up and smacked them in the face? ;)

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2006, 11:12:03 am »
What about the Scousers who wouldn't know what tradition and respect were if they came up and smacked them in the face? ;)
Have a walk through Bootle, Kirkby or Huyton and call someone a wool, go on I dare you.

I think you need a geography lesson mate.Them areas are not Liverpool - FACT.
I suppose Jason McAteer was a scouser as well eh?
Would you rather win the lottery or Joe Royles head full of Fifty pence pieces ?

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2006, 02:16:28 pm »
I think you need a geography lesson mate.Them areas are not Liverpool - FACT.

They are only outside of Liverpool in terms of governmental control and pointless census data. They are as much a part of Liverpool as Anfield or Toxteth. Liverpool is a big city.

Going by the same argument, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Fulham, Charlton and West Ham aren't part of London.

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2006, 02:24:04 pm »
They are only outside of Liverpool in terms of governmental control and pointless census data. They are as much a part of Liverpool as Anfield or Toxteth. Liverpool is a big city.

Going by the same argument, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Fulham, Charlton and West Ham aren't part of London.

You may think you are as much of a part of the city if you live in them areas  but you will find the view is very different amongst those who are REAL scousers ( Anfield , Kenny,Croccy,Dingle etc etc)

Anyway my point is that it dosn't really matter matter where you come from as long as the 'sold out' signs go up.

Offline soueyg

• Main Stander
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2006, 02:30:05 pm »
So only people who live within the city boundary are scousers? I was born in Town and lived at Gerard Crescent until I was 15 and then moved to Kirkby, are you telling me I'm not a scouser?

What a thick little blert. I blame the parents.

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2006, 02:40:19 pm »
So only people who live within the city boundary are scousers? I was born in Town and lived at Gerard Crescent until I was 15 and then moved to Kirkby, are you telling me I'm not a scouser?

What a thick little blert. I blame the parents.

If you where born in Town then you have answered your own question soft lad.

Offline soueyg

• Main Stander
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2006, 02:58:04 pm »
The majority of people who live in Kirkby were born in town, or are relatives of someone who was, you pratt.

You're just using a silly council border created in the seventies to feel superior, when really you're just making a dick out of yourself.

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2006, 03:36:12 pm »
The majority of people who live in Kirkby were born in town, or are relatives of someone who was, you pratt.

You're just using a silly council border created in the seventies to feel superior, when really you're just making a dick out of yourself.

Chill out will ya.  Kirby Wools are welcome  at Anfield as far as I'm concerned , just don't put the name of your town on a flag.

KFS

Offline soueyg

• Main Stander
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2006, 03:42:14 pm »
Good grief, and I thought it was just the bitters who had thick neanderthal fans...

Next time you're in the KOP with your sad banners about how much of a real scouser you are, I dare you to stand up and shout "Kirkby and Huyton are full of wools" go on, tough guy, I double dare you.

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2006, 03:50:20 pm »
http://www.liverpool.gov.uk/Images/merseyside_boundaries_tcm21-21783.gif

The 5 boundaries of Merseyside. Wirral Scousers rule ok.  :wave

Offline RedinToronto

• Anny Roader
  • Come on you Reds!
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2006, 03:17:03 am »
I personally don;t understand why we would apend all this money building this stadium which will only add 15,000 extra seats and not allow us to expand it further in size later on. It seems like a poor plan to me and I think we should just expand Anfield somehow.
Liverpool Fc is hard as hell,
United, Tottenham, Arsenal,
Watch my lips and I will spell
Cuz they don't just play but they can rap as well

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2006, 07:10:00 am »
It seems like a poor plan to me and I think we should just expand Anfield somehow.

Oh the irony
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2006, 09:26:31 am »
I personally don;t understand why we would apend all this money building this stadium which will only add 15,000 extra seats and not allow us to expand it further in size later on. It seems like a poor plan to me and I think we should just expand Anfield somehow.

::)   :butt

Offline RedinToronto

• Anny Roader
  • Come on you Reds!
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2006, 03:37:34 am »
Sure my plan's shit too, but there's got to be some way we can stay in Anfield!!!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 03:50:10 am by RedinToronto »
Liverpool Fc is hard as hell,
United, Tottenham, Arsenal,
Watch my lips and I will spell
Cuz they don't just play but they can rap as well

Offline casso36

• Anny Roader
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2006, 02:13:54 pm »
So will it mean all us poor fu ckers!!! on ST Waiting list will get Season Tickets??

Hope so Don't fancy waiting another 12 years for mine!!! ;D
Shankly, Paisley,Fagan,Daglaish, Souness, Hollier, Benitez. = Success!

Offline Richie69

• Benefits from 20:20 hindsight because he owns a time machine and a perfect decision making brain.
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2006, 02:23:01 pm »
"Design" fees are generally a %age of the total construction cost and architect's fees would be around 5% (plus engineers and project managers). I would think that the additional construction cost would be substantial for an additional 38,000 seats - as swoop says you'd need another tier and a massive increase in the footprint.

I wouldn't have thought the difference would be so much for 10000-30000 seats, theres already severe problems in the design, such as it looking like a bigger version of boltons ground, not close enough to the pitch and with no kop end

Look how much the Sydney Olympic stadium cost to build for example, it can be done, for an extra 15000 seats and no chance of expanding, its not worth it

The Mancs will probably be over 80000 soon

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2006, 06:25:57 pm »
The new stadium does have a Kop end, and if the club is to be believed, they have altered the original plans, and designed a huge single tier Kop ( now different and bigger than the opposite goal stand )
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 08:35:54 pm by Alloy »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Christoph

• Kopite
  • The best day of my life
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2006, 10:28:45 am »
@ Alloy

Do you have a source for that!? I've heard these rumours as well but i fear it could just be a myth.. :-\
One life, one love, one LIVERPOOL FC

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2006, 10:32:42 am »
@ Alloy

Do you have a source for that!? I've heard these rumours as well but i fear it could just be a myth.. :-\

It's been on here loads. Came from Ged Poynton in an interview with radio city.

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2006, 05:12:08 pm »
We should have news on the latest planning application and what the "new Kop" is like this weekend - someone's being doing some research for us.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2006, 06:00:15 pm »
Nice one, really looking to seeing the latest plans. The ' new  Kop ' is my main concern. Get this right and it'll be easier for me to accept we're leaving Anfield.

Offline indian magic

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2006, 10:45:17 pm »
Just read rick parrys interview re the new stadium at  http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/archivedirs/news/2003/oct/8/N142173031008-1130.htm (dont know how old that piece is )  can someone explain what is meant by the term meccano set of four boxes  when he says 

if we submitted a design that was a Meccano-set of four boxes then under no circumstances would that have got planning permission in the park

?? ??? ???

thanks
ISTANBUL- ATATURK- WEST STAND-UPPER- 25th to 26th MAY 2005.:
Greatest TWO days of my life (at the time);

Then Athens 2007 was good;
Superseded by Kyiv 2018 (off the scale);
and then the Glorious Magical Week in Madrid 2019;
and now Paris 2022 ( a tad Vanilla ); more Champs Leagues Finals we await.

FORZA DIEGO MARADONA.
Allez Les Rouges.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2006, 04:51:57 pm »
We should have news on the latest planning application and what the "new Kop" is like this weekend - someone's being doing some research for us.
Excellent. Will look forward to reading about that.
Nice one, really looking to seeing the latest plans. The ' new  Kop ' is my main concern. Get this right and it'll be easier for me to accept we're leaving Anfield.
Me too.
Just read rick parrys interview re the new stadium at  http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/archivedirs/news/2003/oct/8/N142173031008-1130.htm (dont know how old that piece is )  can someone explain what is meant by the term meccano set of four boxes  when he says 

?? ??? ???

thanks
Not certain but think he's referring to the fact that their plans for the aesthetics of the stadium had to adhere to rules set down by English Heritage or something about how it should look - i.e. that it couldn't be bright red all over for example, but that it had to blend in with the parkland around it - hence the decision to go for grey & smoked glass etc.
We are a team of one half.

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2006, 11:52:36 pm »

?? ??? ???

thanks

it simply means that had the club submitted a new stadium design of four seperate 'typical football stands', with no consideration towards the aesthetics of the project as a whole, it wouldn't have stood a chance of receivng planning permission.

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2006, 01:42:35 pm »
it simply means that had the club submitted a new stadium design of four separate 'typical football stands', with no consideration towards the aesthetics of the project as a whole, it wouldn't have stood a chance of receiving planning permission.

Yes, well put. In other words a bigger version of our current home wouldn't stand a chance of getting planning permission. Likewise a design similar to any of the big traditional ' 4 sided stadiums ' wouldn't stood a chance of getting built in the park.

Also the English Heritage set down guildlines for the exterior as well. On the original plans the outside of the new stadium had a lot of red brick work, this has all been toned down to grey / darkened glass ( which I quite like )

Offline S24 LFC

• For Sale!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Part of the establishment
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2006, 12:02:38 pm »
our kid just got a private plate for his 21st.

P33  KOP

Would be even more gutted if the new gaff doesn't have a Kop   
Our round the world trip.

www.getjealous.com/sas091011

Offline CalvinMalteseRed

• The lighter way to enjoy football
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2006, 05:28:59 pm »

P33  KOP

If you were to trust Marshy's words:
...the week all us new stadium fans have all been dreaming about with big Echo/Post articles on our fantastic new 60,000+ Anfield, new bigger single tier Kop and (at last) a new re-generated Anfield area (my patch), Press conferences galore, big investment news, buzzing LFC websites.....or am i being too optimistic - is the week going to fizzle out like a wet weekend in Rhyl? :)
OH CAMPIONE
THE ONE AND ONLY
WE'RE LIVERPOOL....

THEY SAY OUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED, WE'RE NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE
BUT SCOUSERS RULE THE COUNTRY LIKE WE'VE ALWAYS DONE BEFORE...

Shankly built a football team that shook the spion Kop!
We've conquered all of Europe and we're never gonna stop!

JFT96
Free Michael Shields!
Don't buy the s*n

Offline Jackson_Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2006, 03:19:20 pm »
I think it should be 70,000 capacity not 60,000 (thinking too small here) and with room for further devolpment. I live in northern ireland but travel to watch the reds almost 12 to 15 home games a season. (easyjet has helped this with cheap flights) I know lots of fans who would love to go too but cant get tickets. We have been sold out for every game this season so far! So.....lets buld a BIG new stadium. I have no doubt we can fill 70,000 - any day of the week or against any team! (i remember a quote from field of dreams 'if you build it - they will come') Each time man usa or arse'nal play they will be taking in so much more revenue than us. That in turn buys players. Do we want to be left behind?

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2006, 03:22:43 pm »
Arsenal's new stadium is no bigger than our new one, they make more money because they charge more.

A 70,000 seater stadium would be 1/3 empty for many matches and would probably have had difficulty getting approval because of traffic and infrastructure issues.
Legacy fan

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2006, 05:25:15 pm »
you pratt.

Nearly spat my drink out...havent heard that one in a while!

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2006, 05:27:36 pm »

P33  KOP

Mine reads D3 KOP, backward E makes 3....promised that the new stadium will have a Kop.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 05:30:54 pm by Red Punjab »

Offline S24 LFC

• For Sale!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Part of the establishment
« Reply #115 on: October 1, 2006, 06:25:09 pm »
I think it should be 70,000 capacity not 60,000 (thinking too small here) and with room for further devolpment. I live in northern ireland but travel to watch the reds almost 12 to 15 home games a season. (easyjet has helped this with cheap flights) I know lots of fans who would love to go too but cant get tickets. We have been sold out for every game this season so far! So.....lets buld a BIG new stadium. I have no doubt we can fill 70,000 - any day of the week or against any team! (i remember a quote from field of dreams 'if you build it - they will come') Each time man usa or arse'nal play they will be taking in so much more revenue than us. That in turn buys players. Do we want to be left behind?

United's sales are lookin like they are startin to drop. Demand has dropped. Now general public can get tickets to any united game. There are even corporate tickets on general sale for the game against us. £99 with a meal if you're interested, im not, ill be in with the peasants. I don't expect arsenal to seel out for much of the season. Give it 12 games and sales will drop, especially if they don't have a great season.
Our round the world trip.

www.getjealous.com/sas091011

Offline GibletII

• Anny Roader
  • Fug Off Luton
« Reply #116 on: October 1, 2006, 08:09:25 pm »
United's sales are lookin like they are startin to drop. Demand has dropped. Now general public can get tickets to any united game. There are even corporate tickets on general sale for the game against us. £99 with a meal if you're interested, im not, ill be in with the peasants. I don't expect arsenal to seel out for much of the season. Give it 12 games and sales will drop, especially if they don't have a great season.

That's right 64,000 season tickets, building a waiting list to see if there's scope to expand to 90,000, a new attendenace record every week.

United are fucked.

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #117 on: October 4, 2006, 11:40:34 am »
I do believe it is very short sighted to build a stadium with no room for future development, who knows what the demand will be for tickets in 10-20 years time?
Personally I think 65K would have been a better figure with the option of upping the capacity in future if the demand is there.
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: October 5, 2006, 12:36:41 pm »

Any updates on this Rushian?

Now that the funding is in place I'm keen to know when the club have to publish the final plans they intend to work to during the build?

Also does anyone know whether the club intend to go through a tendering process for the work or have we already appointed a primary contractor?
@ManifoldReasons

Offline BrianL

• Anny Roader
« Reply #119 on: October 5, 2006, 11:02:53 pm »
i hope we get the builders who rebuilt the mackies' on Queens Drive, the fucker will be up and running by bommy night