Author Topic: The Nintendo Wii thread  (Read 387034 times)

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: I want a Wii
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2006, 06:52:22 am »
I mean his enlightened decision to choose the console that is almost a third of the price of the other ;D
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline mig

• Legacy Fan
  • Bringing back better days
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2006, 07:02:24 am »
value for money. ;)

surely nintendo wouldn't release something thats crap. :P its highly unlikely that the difference in performance reflects the difference in price anyway. the ps3 might be better overall, but not by 300 quid.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 07:04:02 am by mig »

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2006, 02:31:32 pm »
price quoted is indeed 130 quid, although it doesn't really say what that comes with.

Good point, that will be the base unit ie minimum price.

Still better than 320 for the base Xbox360 tho
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2006, 03:18:15 pm »
So will Nintendo's next line of small, handheld gaming systems be called the Wee Wii?

:lmao
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Disintegration

• Legacy Fan
  • Kicking Against The Pricks
    • Attempted blog, didn't last long. As always.
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2006, 12:46:56 am »

The 'Core' 360 is £209.99, the 'Premium' package is £279.99. Not sure where you got the £320 from. ;)

Offline mig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2006, 07:44:35 am »
The 'Core' 360 is £209.99, the 'Premium' package is £279.99. Not sure where you got the £320 from. ;)

woah, you brits got it bad. £280 is nearly $500, about $100 more than the US price. :o

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2006, 07:56:30 am »

Not a chance with Ninty, there will be one package and one package only, only price differences will be 'deals' done by Game, Gamestation etc.

Offline Disintegration

• Legacy Fan
  • Kicking Against The Pricks
    • Attempted blog, didn't last long. As always.
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2006, 09:09:45 am »
woah, you brits got it bad. £280 is nearly $500, about $100 more than the US price. :o

It always happens in Europe - we invariably pay more. Just looking at the current exchange rate, and the difference is even greater than that. The pound seems to be very strong against the ailing dollar as at the moment, £280 is $526!

Offline mig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2006, 12:36:18 pm »
even worse! you could get 2 or 3 games for the extra you have to pay. :o

@bradigor

maybe not, but i still think its better than the price of the ps3 and the x360. you could probably get another controller and 4 or 5 games before it even matches the price of a gameless 360. maybe even the entire launch game catalogue to match the ps3.

not complaining though. i'm one of the lucky people to have a 360 and so far its been great. whish my uncle would have waited for the wii though, might have gotten better value for money. and the new controller scheme looks fun. you actually have to move around to get it to play.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2006, 12:49:16 pm »
even worse! you could get 2 or 3 games for the extra you have to pay. :o

@bradigor

maybe not, but i still think its better than the price of the ps3 and the x360. you could probably get another controller and 4 or 5 games before it even matches the price of a gameless 360. maybe even the entire launch game catalogue to match the ps3.

not complaining though. i'm one of the lucky people to have a 360 and so far its been great. whish my uncle would have waited for the wii though, might have gotten better value for money. and the new controller scheme looks fun. you actually have to move around to get it to play.

Wasn't complaining about it, was stating that Ninty won't use any gimmicks of base units and full units etc. Value will be big with them

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #91 on: June 1, 2006, 11:29:54 am »
for the price of 2 PS3 games you could have a Wii
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: June 5, 2006, 07:39:45 am »
My mate's friends went to E3 and said the Wii plays even better than it looks.

I can't wait. Who's up for storming Nintendo HQ?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #93 on: June 5, 2006, 07:42:44 am »
My mate's friends went to E3 and said the Wii plays even better than it looks.

I can't wait. Who's up for storming Nintendo HQ?

I am in, for how cheap it is, I am tempted to break in and leave them the money plus a tip. Got to be said again, well done Nintendo for making gaming affordable

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: June 5, 2006, 07:46:15 am »
And then there's the virtual console...

On a side note, I went to my mate's house the other day and saw four Gamecubes, a Q Cube, a Dreamcast, a Mega Drive, two Saturns (with Virtual On controller), a NES and a couple of DS' lying around, with a PSP on the table and the X Box, fifth Gamecube, PS2 and the Mega Drive in a CD Player by AIWA in the adjoining room.

:lickin

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #95 on: June 5, 2006, 07:53:26 am »

On a side note, I went to my mate's house the other day and saw four Gamecubes, a Q Cube, a Dreamcast, a Mega Drive, two Saturns (with Virtual On controller), a NES and a couple of DS' lying around, with a PSP on the table and the X Box, fifth Gamecube, PS2 and the Mega Drive in a CD Player by AIWA in the adjoining room.

Of all that I want the Dreamcast, tis the best for emulating you know. Wouldn't mind having a Mega Drive, Snes N64 all sitting there again, I have a Saturn with the controller for NiGHTS with it somewhere.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: June 5, 2006, 07:54:58 am »
Yeah, we busted out NiGHTS and I got an A first time playing it in years. ;D

I wish I hadn't left all my stuff in England. :'(

Offline mig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: June 5, 2006, 07:58:49 am »

:o insane! what does he do with all those?

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: June 5, 2006, 08:02:53 am »
No idea, I want the NES though!

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #99 on: June 5, 2006, 08:04:03 am »
Yeah, we busted out NiGHTS and I got an A first time playing it in years. ;D

I wish I hadn't left all my stuff in England. :'(

It needs a remake, or even just a straight port with brushed up graphics. Fans have been calling for this but nothing from Sega yet, however they still hold the character as pone of Sega's main icons alongside Sonic, and refused to sell the game rights to another company who wanted to do a remake. Maybe something will come along in the near future.

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: June 5, 2006, 08:13:58 am »
It needs a remake, or even just a straight port with brushed up graphics. Fans have been calling for this but nothing from Sega yet, however they still hold the character as pone of Sega's main icons alongside Sonic, and refused to sell the game rights to another company who wanted to do a remake. Maybe something will come along in the near future.

In news released on March 16, 2006, Naka announced that he intended to create his own game studio, independent of Sega and Sega Studio USA (a.k.a. Sonic Team) [1].

In April, 2006 the Japanese game magazine Famitsu published a rumor saying that a game creator who recently went independent is creating a game featuring a flying clown, for the upcoming Wii system. Many people were led to believe that the developer was Naka and the game would be a NiGHTS sequel. However, according to IGN, the rumor story hinted that this had something to do with someone who created a famous bearded character, a description which didn't fit Naka. [2]

Still, on May 8, 2006, Naka announced his departure from Sonic Team to form a new development team, PROPE (pronounce Pro-pe).

When Yuji Naka left behind his workers at Sonic team and Sega he did not announce that he is going to carry on his work on Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) and other games currently being produced; workers are worried about carrying on without his supervision. [3]

From Wikipedia.

If true then...*faps*

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #101 on: June 5, 2006, 08:16:06 am »
From Wikipedia.

If true then...*faps*

Please please please please please.

I am definately getting a Wii, also getting a sex wii stain in my pants the more I hear about this Wii

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: June 5, 2006, 08:21:55 am »
So I guess you don't want to hear how Zelda plays better than it looks?

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #103 on: June 5, 2006, 08:25:40 am »
So I guess you don't want to hear how Zelda plays better than it looks?

Oh go on then

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: June 5, 2006, 08:29:58 am »
Oh go on then

Well, the controls are apparently as instinctive as they look. Firing arrows, swinging your sword, it's all natural. It looks amazing and smooth, so I'm told. That and Super Mario Galaxy are said to be absolutely fantastic, which surprised me about the latter because I thought it might just be a gimmick.

Sadly, Red Steel is only 'average', according to my mate's friends.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #105 on: June 5, 2006, 08:38:16 am »
Well, the controls are apparently as instinctive as they look. Firing arrows, swinging your sword, it's all natural. It looks amazing and smooth, so I'm told. That and Super Mario Galaxy are said to be absolutely fantastic, which surprised me about the latter because I thought it might just be a gimmick.

Sadly, Red Steel is only 'average', according to my mate's friends.

Gets better and better really, and for £120 you really can't go wrong.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #106 on: June 5, 2006, 09:23:26 am »
Play.com have the games at £49.99 surely Ninty won't be selling at this price, really am hoping this is just a provisional from Play, as they are the costs of both 360 and the George Forman grill

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You've just got to let them know you exist
« Reply #107 on: June 5, 2006, 09:54:52 am »
Play.com have the games at £49.99 surely Ninty won't be selling at this price, really am hoping this is just a provisional from Play, as they are the costs of both 360 and the George Forman grill

I'd hope that they're just going on the basis of the 360's game prices; if the 'do are marketing the Wii to be the accessible next gen machine, £50 a game limits the potential of that idea.

Mind you, only about five of us will buy the Wii, so the games will be budget by Christmas ;)
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

XBL: MisiuPysiu / PSN: PysiuMisiu
Gamestyle articles what I wrote.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #108 on: June 5, 2006, 09:56:12 am »
I'd hope that they're just going on the basis of the 360's game prices; if the 'do are marketing the Wii to be the accessible next gen machine, £50 a game limits the potential of that idea.

Mind you, only about five of us will buy the Wii, so the games will be budget by Christmas ;)

So the 5 of us is Me You Spam and who else?

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: June 5, 2006, 10:01:15 am »

Shigs will buy one as a PR stunt on release day, and a little lad will see past the gloss of the PS3 and 360 and ask his old man to pick him one up, thus giving hope to gamers everywhere.

He'll trade it in two days later.

Actually, the Wii is going to be a suprise hit, I think the imminent DS Lite will gain Nintendo a 'cool' tag and they'll go from there.
Two page spreads in mainstream mags like this month's FHM can only boost it's appeal to the masses.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #110 on: June 5, 2006, 10:14:30 am »
To be honest it is going to be a huge shot in the arm for gaming. The Wii i think will outsell both the PS3 and the Xbox 360, purely because of price and innovation. Parents will buy it for thier children as the games 'look' cutesy and not as violent as those on the other two consoles. Real gamers will have either a 360 or Foreman Grill aswell as a Wii.

The project codename revolution will not be far off the mark.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #111 on: June 5, 2006, 11:06:13 am »

:wave

Offline alexnw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #112 on: June 5, 2006, 01:05:41 pm »

Count me in as well. So is that the 5 then?

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #113 on: June 5, 2006, 01:12:18 pm »

We are going to get over 5 now, it is going to be like the Xbox 360 situation all over again. How will Ninty cope with the demand ;D

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: June 5, 2006, 03:04:52 pm »
We are going to get over 5 now, it is going to be like the Xbox 360 situation all over again. How will Ninty cope with the demand ;D

I'll flog you all Wiis from here. For a small mark up ;) But I'll do a RAWK discount compared to the eBay prices.

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #115 on: June 5, 2006, 03:06:21 pm »
I'll flog you all Wiis from here. For a small mark up ;) But I'll do a RAWK discount compared to the eBay prices.

So that basically drops it back down to normal shop price

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: June 5, 2006, 03:11:41 pm »
So that basically drops it back down to normal shop price

Not really. The DS Lite is cheaper here than it will be in Europe and the American version hasn't come out yet. When it does, the price usually plummets.

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #117 on: June 5, 2006, 10:58:53 pm »
I'll be getting one without a shadow of a doubt, just for Solid Snake and Metaknight in Super Smash Bros Brawl!
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: June 6, 2006, 11:58:16 am »
:wave
I'll be getting one without a shadow of a doubt, just for Solid Snake and Metaknight in Super Smash Bros Brawl!

Bloody hell, we've already outsold the Gamecube! Good to see gamers going for something innovative, hopefully they'll be a few online games to duke it out on (starting with the Wii-enabled Madden, although careful not to spike the remote after scoring a touchdown).

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
« Reply #119 on: June 6, 2006, 12:44:22 pm »
Bloody hell, we've already outsold the Gamecube! Good to see gamers going for something innovative, hopefully they'll be a few online games to duke it out on (starting with the Wii-enabled Madden, although careful not to spike the remote after scoring a touchdown).

Just remember the athletics game doesn't mean throwing the controller as far as possible.

And don't chokeslam it in the next wrestling game