Author Topic: Got an interview T.H Nationwide in Lpool  (Read 3080 times)

Offline Curly Tom

• Has no life.
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Anfield Shrine
Got an interview T.H Nationwide in Lpool
« on: April 18, 2006, 09:46:45 pm »
Anybody know anything about this company? They're a marketing firm in the city centre, offices in the cotton exchange? Near Moorfield's station apparently.

I've got an interview there on monday, really excited but quite nervous. They sound like a pretty flash firm, dealing with blue chips companies.

Any interview advice, general tips much appreciated...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 06:43:08 pm by Curly Tom »

"I lived my dream today, I lived it yesterday, and I'll be living yours tomorrow, anything else to say?"

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
Re: T.H Nationwide Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 09:50:46 pm »
They offered me an interview a view weeks back then proceeded to act like prize c*nts. Something didn't quite ring tru about them to me.

Offline Curly Tom

• Has no life.
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Anfield Shrine
Re: T.H Nationwide Liverpool
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 10:38:23 pm »
Interesting....

Do you know the name of the guy who contacted/interviewed you?

"I lived my dream today, I lived it yesterday, and I'll be living yours tomorrow, anything else to say?"

Offline Curly Tom

• Has no life.
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Anfield Shrine
Re: Got an interview T.H Nationwide in Lpool
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 06:43:58 pm »
Sorry, hope people don't mind me giving this a bump, just trying to do a bit of preparation for the interview and find out a bit about the firm, can't find much on the net except where their offices are.

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 06:55:30 pm »
I've got an interview on Monday also... not actually leaving the company I currently work for just doing a bit of contracting work.  It means going back down South for six months but hey-ho....

Just the normal advice really, turn up in plenty of time, look smart, look interested, always have a few questions of your own, don’t sound like you're just there for the money (even if you are).

Have you sorted your references out?

Do you get nervous at interviews?  A good interview panel will allow for nerves and be able to put you at ease.  Just do your best.

Good luck :)
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline hutchy17

• Main Stander
  • what's your history!!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 07:04:37 pm »
I've got an interview on Monday also... not actually leaving the company I currently work for just doing a bit of contracting work.  It means going back down South for six months but hey-ho....

Just the normal advice really, turn up in plenty of time, look smart, look interested, always have a few questions of your own, don’t sound like you're just there for the money (even if you are).

Have you sorted your references out?

Do you get nervous at interviews?  A good interview panel will allow for nerves and be able to put you at ease.  Just do your best.

Good luck :)

You dont work for modern housing do you  there from liverpool  i work for a company down south and we have got people from liverpool coming down to us? long shot i know.
"DO YOU EXPECT ME TO TALK"
"NO I EXPECT YOU TO DIE MR BOND"

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 07:28:57 pm »
Tom, I don't wish to worry you, but I'm not so sure about this company. According to job adverts they have run they have clients such as Disney, Warner Bros and Universal Studios and have just experience "rapid expansion throughout Eastern Europe" yet they don't even have their own website.

The only thing I have found is on the companies' register:
http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/7e533638b772c3af2bcd33ee8592d9ce/compdetails

According to that there's a Yorkshire based company owned by Richard Davison Associates called GQ Marketing Limited - http://www.ukdata.com/company-credit-reports/G.-Q.-MARKETING-LIMITED.html

A company called TXL Marketing Limited - http://www.ukdata.com/company-credit-reports/TXL-MARKETING-LIMITED.html

And one in London - The Marketing Firm Ltd - http://www.touchlondon.co.uk/business/list/bid/185336

None have websites or any means of contact save for addresses and phone numbers. It costs only a grand total of £20 to register a company with the government.

Just thought you ought to know.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 07:30:48 pm by Kez »

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 07:49:18 pm »
Sounds like it might be the kind of company I've come across in London a couple of times. Ads say they're prestigious advertising or marketing firms but the job turns out to be selling crap products in supermarkets etc or doing surveys. Hope I'm wrong mind and good luck.

Offline sluggo

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 08:12:01 pm »
Hate to put a downer on things but I've got to agree with The 5th Benitle. My Mrs went for an interview with one, claiming to deal with blue chip, rapidly expanding, opportunities to develop etc, first interview went great but when she went back for the second she ended up trapsing round some obscure town all day trying to flog crap to bar owners and market stalls. Hope you have better luck than her!

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 08:14:50 pm »
TH Nationwide is an absolute bollocks of a company. I used to deal with them in my old job. Up to their eyeballs in debt, they never pay their bills, and all the jobs are commission based marketing wank.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Fat Tony

• Run Rosie Run!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 09:01:44 pm »
McNasty's it is then. ;)

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Once a knob always a knob
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 09:04:08 pm »
Sorry, hope people don't mind me giving this a bump, just trying to do a bit of preparation for the interview and find out a bit about the firm, can't find much on the net except where their offices are.

Which like some of the others I find a bit worrying. No website, seemingly no clear registration at Companies House...sound like a bunch of fly-by-night merchants to me. Maybe do the interview but you might be best not putting all your eggs in one basket here and continue punting around for alternative work...

Offline rob76

• Kopite
  • foxx il- united!!
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 09:09:32 pm »
One tip for interviews in general aside from getting there on time, dress smart and all the yada yada.
If you get offered a drink, take it. It can buy you precious seconds when asked a tricky question. When you don't have a prompt answer, go for a looong sip just to give you some time to come up with something! That's my 2p's worth but it works! ;)

Even though you reckon the company's shite, do go for the interview. It will definitely be a learning experience. I apply for jobs every now and then even when I'm not interested in a move, just to sharpen my interview skills.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 09:12:02 pm by rob76 »

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 09:33:54 pm »
Good job you posted this mate. Might of saved you self some time with not going to the interview!
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 09:44:21 pm »
flashy website too - http://www.thnationwide.com/

Offline Fat Tony

• Run Rosie Run!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2006, 09:58:21 pm »
Curly Tom on his first day... :P

Offline The Albert Cock

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 10:40:31 pm »
on a brighter note there is a good sex shop just around the corner from where your interview is.

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 10:44:03 pm »
flashy website too - http://www.thnationwide.com/

That's fuckin rubbish, the music is so annoying and their blurb sounds like they're full of shit. They blatantly sell kids toys and shit binoculars to Poundland / Home Bargain type shops and market traders. Sorry Tom, looks like a dodgy one to me.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Curly Tom

• Has no life.
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Anfield Shrine
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 12:42:44 pm »
Thanks everyone....

You can't be too careful with these 'marketing' firms especially with online applications, and I had a few concerns. It doesn't look good, but I'll go along on Monday and see for myself. If anything it's experience and a chance to get my suit on  ;D

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2006, 01:07:10 pm »
Give us an update on Monday after your interview mate.
Justice for the 96.

Offline 5FTH

• <--
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 01:15:12 pm »
Just be VERY careful!

I went for an interview a good few years back - younger and more niave than I am now. The interview was held at some plush offices in Reading. I was shown in by this tastey secretary to be interviewed by a couple of guys in flash suits and even flasher laptops.

anyways the interview went well and I thought id hit the jackpot when I was offerd the position! I accepted of course and handed in my notice with my present employer....

...BAD MOVE.... VERY BAD MOVE!

..>Turns out the head guy was a total bullshitter. He was a one man band (the other guy turns out to have been his auld fella out on a jolly, if you can believe that!) the offices where not his - he had rented them for the day (with the techno IT kit too!) and infact had no offices himself at all, no kit and not even a registered company. I only found all this out when I turned up to meet him on my first day.....  :butt

I got home from work that evening, wife asks 'So! How was your first day in your new job then?'. 'Well, errrr...., not great if truth be told' as the realisation that I had just made a HUGE mistake dawned.  :no

I turned up the following day, same crap as before so at lunch I said to this guy I was just nipping the shop for some lunch. Never went back. That job lasted a total 1.5 days - good job I hadnt signed anything at that stage.

Beware - Things are NOT always what they seem!

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 01:19:38 pm »

Offline Curly Tom

• Has no life.
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Anfield Shrine
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2006, 01:22:35 pm »
I don't think there's much point in even going, but I will do.... if only to get me out of bed lol.

Offline Sami

• vaguely scandinavian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kome on pool!!!
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 02:14:54 pm »
Good luck with it young Thomas. Actually I do have an interview on Monday too, not for the same place though :P
4-4-2 Sucks

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2006, 02:17:39 pm »
been following this thread but not sure what to say but have stayed away, just went on the website then and looked at it, on the careers when you click on the email for job opportunities link that says email your cv to info@thnationwide.com

my outlook email box pops up and the to address is info@exmarkltd.com

seems weird may be nothing though, anyone shed any light on this

Offline Curly Tom

• Has no life.
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Anfield Shrine
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2006, 02:22:58 pm »
Dodgy written all over it basically, nevermind.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2006, 02:27:53 pm »
Dodgy written all over it basically, nevermind.

the reason I have not said anything before is that I do not have a clue about these things, I personally am working at a multi natiopnal company but would like to move to a smaller company as there is more chance of progress and this place just likes having pHD's on tap and its hard to progress and when I look at some I do wonder myself whether it is good or not. I would defo go for the experiance and you never know.

All the best anyway and I hope it does work out for you. Just dont let them make you rush into any decisions. If they try to force you ask them to give you a written letter offering you the position, it gives you more time then to think.

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2006, 02:28:52 pm »
Could be this desolved company then who have started up again under a different name http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/55912ae2786b6b9566e95da9151780a7/compdetails

Generally not a good sign.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 02:48:29 pm by Ben S »

Offline Curly Tom

• Has no life.
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Anfield Shrine
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2006, 02:39:16 pm »
What makes you think it's them Ben? That company wasn't based in Liverpool.

Offline Ben S

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2006, 02:49:13 pm »
Stupid me, put the wrong url up, meant this one http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/55912ae2786b6b9566e95da9151780a7/compdetails

Thinks its them because the of the email address exmarkltd.com

Ignore the address, that will be the liquidators address, although a google search seems to show it as being a car dealership, very odd.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 02:52:13 pm by Ben S »

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2006, 02:49:52 pm »
What makes you think it's them Ben? That company wasn't based in Liverpool.

Neither is T H Nationwide. They're in Nottinghamshire, if my memory serves.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2006, 02:54:30 pm »
this may be a stupid question but not into bussness terms and that

what does

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/12/2004  (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)

all mean especially total exemption small bit

Offline Curly Tom

• Has no life.
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Anfield Shrine
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2006, 03:09:19 pm »
where does it say that?

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2006, 03:13:47 pm »
where does it say that?

if you look at the second link that ben posted it is on there

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2006, 05:05:12 pm »
It means that they do not have to file financial accounts with companies house due to the size of the business. They are certainly not a company major film studios would deal with. I suspect they sell dodgey dvds :P
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2006, 06:04:54 pm »
The "owner" (Richard Davison Associates) have another 3 companies all listed as "total exemption small" (see my above post).

Might be worth going along to polish your interview skills Tom, but I wouldn't touch anything they offered with a bargepole.

Offline Curly Tom

• Has no life.
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Anfield Shrine
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2006, 06:11:21 pm »
That's the plan Kez. Applied to plenty of other places, with a much sounder pedigree, but might as well get some interview practice.

And the missus loves me in a suit..... so every cloud...  :lickin  ;D

Offline The Albert Cock

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2006, 12:08:41 am »
haha, well I hope you get something out of the experience mate!

string em along a bit, see if you can blag some freebies outta them ;)

Offline Curly Tom

• Has no life.
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Anfield Shrine
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2006, 04:18:46 pm »
Dunno if I really want a Crayola set mate.... but I like your thinking  ;)

Offline Curly Tom

• Has no life.
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Anfield Shrine
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2006, 11:38:48 am »
All a bit pointless really, told me to come back when I've finished my exams. Don't think I will....