Author Topic: Should LFC involve us fans in our new stadiums design, naming, capacity etc?  (Read 6879 times)

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
We should of had open days, with some kind of ballot etc.

to be honest, that's a fair point.

But the club have changed there viewpoint a few times over the years.

First it was 70,000 - Which was deemed unrealistic.
Then it was 55,000 - With four separate stands.
Then fans complained & the club listend (Although not enough IMO) and we have ended up with the current 60,000 bowl shaped design.

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
It's too similar to the reebok for my liking

Exactly it IS the Reebok only bigger. When this was designed we were using Reebok gear so it doesn't take a genius to work out we used the same people who designed and built the Reebok.

We as fans need to have our say after all its us who will be paying good money to watch our beloved Reds from the place so I think Rick Parry etc should listen to the fans and get our Single Tierd KOP 3 built or like someone else said it could be the biggest 'cock-up' in history.

I hope the distance from the goals is alot closer than at the Arsenal new place,  has anyone else noticed that we lose seats from the front of the KOP and Anny Rd end for Euro games (obviously UEFA ruling) and Arsenal don't now? so could it be that new build Stadia have to be a certain distance from behind each goal? if this is the case we will lose the on-top-of-the action and intimidating nature our present Home puts onto the oposition.
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool FC is an institution not a business
Why didn't you bring that up 4 years ago?

The power of tinternet was not that strong then in my household am afraid, so why didn't you think of it then smart arse.

Offline ratcatcher

• Glass is often half-empty...and it's all Parry's fault
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Would never succeed. The club would end up with 70,000+ different options!
These are my own opinions. They are not meant or intended as a criticism of anyone else's opinion just because they are different but if you can't see past that, then tough shit!

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
Exactly it IS the Reebok only bigger. When this was designed we were using Reebok gear so it doesn't take a genius to work out we used the same people who designed and built the Reebok.

Firstly, the stadium design has nothing to do with our kit sponsors! If we designed it now we wouldn't use the same designers as Benfica due to the adidas connection! We've used afl at Anfield and there aren't that many stadium designers out there anyway.

Also, there was an free exhibition at Anfield in december 2003 which was on for a few days, to which there was an open invitation. Although it was hardly publicised and was open during the week when a lot of people would be at work.

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool FC is an institution not a business
Why didn't you bring that up 4 years ago?

smart arse