Author Topic: Should LFC involve us fans in our new stadiums design, naming, capacity etc?  (Read 6880 times)

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool FC is an institution not a business
With our new stadium project under way well kind of, do you feel as fans/supporters of LFC that we should be consulted a lot more than we have been in relation to the design/building process????

Obviously Anfield is our home, and the new stadium will be around for quite some time, we will be the ones attending games every week.  Personally looking at the designs that are shown on the .TV website they look crap, the design is horrible.  I think that the ground should be tiered equally all the way round like at the, Nou Camp, OT, Emirates stadium.  I do not like the fact that in each of the corners there is just 1 tear with brick and morter behind that, i think that is just a waste of space and think that space could be used a lot better.

We want a stadium that can generate atmosphere, by our fans being sat next to each other not by being seperated by brick and mortar, its not what its about.

Also looking at the distance of the stands from the pitch it is alarming.  Liverpool players thrieve off the atmosphere that the fans give during a game, its not much good if the fans are going to be far from the pitch like at Bolton, old Wembley, West Ham and grounds like that.  Our fans need to be in the faces of the opposition to scare them and to help encourage our teams.

As fans we should always be consulted, I think Liverpool fans should take a vote on the designs for the new stadium by putting a poll against some designs on the .TV site.  I also think the same should happen with the stadiums name.

I hate the thought that Rick Parry is chosing everything without any public consultation with the fans, and therefore not allowing us to be involved in the project of building our fortress.   

Have a look at the designs, all the points above are backed up by the attached pics......

I plan to write a letter to RP if we get the required backing from the fans and obviously I will use this thread to support us. 

People may say am over reacting, but just remember once its there it can't be changed.........
« Last Edit: April 4, 2006, 12:24:13 am by ShanksLegend »

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Should the fans be more involved in its design, naming etc
« Reply #1 on: April 3, 2006, 05:10:08 pm »
And.............

Offline Samwise

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: April 3, 2006, 10:06:45 pm »
I think that the ground should be tiered equally all the way round like at the, Nou Camp, OT, Emirates stadium.  I do not like the fact that in each of the courners there is just 1 tear with brick and morter behind that, i think that is just a waste of space and think that space could be used a lot better.

I am a bit disappointed with this design. In an ideal world, I would have liked 3 stands with two tiers equally all the way round and have a single tiered Kop.

Also looking at the distance of the stands from the pitch it is alarming.  Liverpool players thrieve off the atmosphere that the fans give during a game, its not much good if the fans are going to be far from the pitch like at Bolton, old Wembley, West Ham and grounds like that.  Our fans need to be in the faces of the opposition to scare them and to help encourage our teams.

I believe there are new regulations as to how near the stands can be to the pitch.

Offline Roy Walker

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3 on: April 3, 2006, 11:14:25 pm »
Completely agree with most of what's been said. The ground looks like it's been chosen from a manufacturers catalogue. Our stadium should be unique.I particularly hate the corners of the ground, would be nice to just have 4 separate stands with an even bigger Kop.
The distance from the pitch would kill the atmosphere completely, none of these new grounds are hostile or intimidating enough. As for consulting the fans it is essential but a .TV vote would be too unpredictable (we don't want to be playing in the OOT's Arena) , if Rik Parry goes this alone he could have in his legacy as being the man who made the biggest cock-up in our history.

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 3, 2006, 11:33:00 pm »
if Rik Parry goes this alone he could have in his legacy as being the man who made the biggest cock-up in our history.

Spot on its worrying, i really hope the fans get a say.

We have to think about the future and we have to act now, I really hope those designs arn't finalised.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2006, 11:34:49 pm by ShanksLegend »

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 3, 2006, 11:41:16 pm »
Look at the 3rd picture down on the first post (click on it for the larger pic), the one that says 'internal view towards northwest courner' have a look at how the tear of the stand arches from the pitch, to me that is very very worrying..........

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
Dont know what to add to this thread, but like I have said before I dont think we should build less than a 70000 seater stadium.

Don't know how to post pictures, but here are som pictures from the stadium in Stavanger were I live, it was built in 2004, and it is the best stadium in Norway, looks good as well, except from the blue seats :-X

A stadium like this, but bigger would be nice.

http://www.stadiumguide.com/viking.htm

But to be honest, this is what I actually would like us to build, it looks like an awesome stadium and the capacity of 69.700 would be someting more like my suggestions.

http://www.stadiumguide.com/allianz.htm
« Last Edit: April 4, 2006, 01:04:38 am by Kaizer »
There will always be more sheep than shepherds.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSNuQHwZLE

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Have a look at the Allianz Arena in the pic below, it is the home of Bayern Munich and its capacity is 69,000.

That is how our stadium should look with its tiering etc, level alll the way round, no bricks and morter in the corner like our current stadium design.........

Offline StevieG26

• Would like to be the first of offer his criticisms.
  • Legacy Fan
I agree with all of the points raised in this thread and I've been saying this for quite a while now. There's been some new legislation saying that NEW stadiums should be further away from the pitch, but it says nothing about stadiums which are being expanded, such as OT. The truth of the matter is that as from next year, Man Utd are going to have a 75,000-capacity stadium which is close to the pitch, whereas we're going to build a new stadium which is further away, and has a lower capacity. Not to mention that the roundness of the stadium will make it even further away.

I think it would even be better to expand the current Anfield, since the law states that new stadiums cannot be as close to the fans. British stadia are all about square stadiums breathing down players' necks, and every top club in Europe wants to do the same (e.g. Juve, Bayern, Milan, etc.) So why should we do otherwise?
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Offline munchinman12

• Boys Pen
has any kind of ground work been started , or are they still planning??

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
If the fans had much of a say then they would still be designing the thing now
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Yeah but who's sitting in those seats now?

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop

Parry did promise the fans a "say" when it was first announced that we'd be moving grounds but it hasn't happened to any real extent.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
Wasn't that more to do with stand names and placement of statues and the memorial as opposed to design and capacity etc? all of which can be discussed when building has started

He never walked alone

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wasn't that more to do with stand names and placement of statues and the memorial as opposed to design and capacity etc? all of which can be discussed when building has started

No matter what it is we have not been consulted with anything yet....

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
A bloke was running a website (were the pictures are from) and he wrote to parry on numerous occasions about the proposed north stand (Would be KOP), about the fact that it was two tiers and was identical in size, capacity (13000) and shape as the away end. Parry just fobbed him off.

I think any wish for fans to get involved in the design are about 6 years too late.

Lets face facts, the planning application has been approved once and is about to be approved again. There will be no changes to the design which will mean we will be stuck in a bog standard stadia (copy of eastlands, the old old trafford, Reebok - take your pick) for the next 40 years, as opposed to the world class facility we deserve.

Think about it, work may start on the new stadium in 2008/09 and by that time the design will already be 5 or 6 years old  :butt, could only happen to LFC.

I'd rather scrap the current design and loose anther 2-3years and get it spot on and up to date with current trends and designs.

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
A bloke was running a website (were the pictures are from) and he wrote to parry on numerous occasions about the proposed north stand (Would be KOP), about the fact that it was two tiers and was identical in size, capacity (13000) and shape as the away end. Parry just fobbed him off.

I think any wish for fans to get involved in the design are about 6 years too late.

That was me, he didn't fob me off as such, he was just very diplomatic ;)

Second point is bang on though. Far too late to start whining now. The plans were made public, there was a public exhibition at both Anfield and the plans were available for inspection at Millenium House for over 6 months. Feedback was of course welcome...

Too much apathy with a lot of Liverpool fans anyway, just look at ILSA. Not enough people seemed bothered in the end. Contrast that to IMUSA who seem a lot more active.

Anyway, planning permission was granted, the designs themselves cost millions and they aren't going to be changed at such a late stage. It's not too late to try and get involved in naming rights and smaller details in the stadium design, but I doubt there's enough people who really care to make a difference.

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Legacy Fan
That was me, he didn't fob me off as such, he was just very diplomatic ;)

Second point is bang on though. Far too late to start whining now. The plans were made public, there was a public exhibition at both Anfield and the plans were available for inspection at Millenium House for over 6 months. Feedback was of course welcome...

Too much apathy with a lot of Liverpool fans anyway, just look at ILSA. Not enough people seemed bothered in the end. Contrast that to IMUSA who seem a lot more active.

Anyway, planning permission was granted, the designs themselves cost millions and they aren't going to be changed at such a late stage. It's not too late to try and get involved in naming rights and smaller details in the stadium design, but I doubt there's enough people who really care to make a difference.

Exactly.

Great website by the way and for a month or two i shared your passion.  :-\  Ill re phrase that, I could see where you were coming from and what you were hoping to achieve, but the apathy of other reds got me down.

If only there was more like you.

Now were stuck with an average design and it could have been much diffrent  :'(

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
It's incredible to think a club like Liverpool, with our history and tradition, could be lumbered with such a shite new stadium.

As already mentioned, it's took so long to get the project actually started, when the ground is finally built, it'll be considered out dated !
« Last Edit: April 6, 2006, 09:43:07 pm by Alloy »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
It's incedible to think a club like Liverpool, with our history and tradition, could be lumbered with such a shite new stadium.

As already mentioned, it's took so long to get the project actually started, when the ground is finally built, it'll be considered out dated !

Whenever anything is done it is considered out of date.  It's just the way life goes.

He never walked alone

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Yes in some cases maybe, but Arsenals new ground looks like it'll stand the test of time much longer than ours.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
I think we should concentrate on building the new stadium as soon as the funding is in place. Otherwise its going to be even more difficult for us to win the Premiership with Chelsea's bottomless pit, Arsenal's new stadium, Man Utd's increased capacity and new shirt sponsorship deal.

Offline GibletII

• Anny Roader
  • Fug Off Luton
The proposal is too small, too restrictive, looks cheap and has diverted too much capital in to architectural features.

I'm not convinced Liverpool FC has the right people in place to manage such a major project, it's not just financial investment the stadium needs it intellectual investment as well.

Offline Kemlyn 28

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Well we haven't had a  fucking say in whether or not we actually want to move in the first place,so why would we have a say in anything else to do with it?
   Persoanally I think we'll end up staying where we are anyway,for whatever the reason ie the cost or the wonderful entity that is Liverpool City Council fucking it up somehow.

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
Well we haven't had a  fucking say in whether or not we actually want to move in the first place,so why would we have a say in anything else to do with it?

It's not up to us though is it?

And people tried to get a campaign going - Anfield4Ever - but again, not enough people seemed bothered enough to get behind it. Think they had meetings with Parry aswell, but to no avail.

It seems supporters only start getting interested when it's too late. It was rumoured we might move but people who were opposed to it just shrugged it off and only starting making noises when it was announced we'd move. Then the plans were released, and nobody really seemed bothered probably thinking "It won't happen anyway" and now were closer to actually moving there's more interest.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Since when has Parry been bothered about what the fans think?
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline kopite-stu

• Anny Roader
  • The first and the last. Cardiff 01 & 06.
Actually i quite like it and always have.

But it still needs to be called Anfield
Red for life

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
It's too similar to the reebok for my liking

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The ground should be called Parrys stadium as he hasn't involved us fans with anything at all.

Offline Oooh to be a Gooner

• Anny Roader
It's too similar to the reebok for my liking

lol. That's a good point. If it was like Benfica's that would be good.
It's all up for grabs now!

Offline Oooh to be a Gooner

• Anny Roader
The ground should be called Parrys stadium as he hasn't involved us fans with anything at all.

That's the same for all clubs. Do you seriously think we have a say with the Emirates?
It's all up for grabs now!

Offline Cally77 v2.0

• Anny Roader
So who out of the 50 million worldwide fans should Parry have consulted? Some 17 year old scall on the internet?

Never heard anything so ridiculous. Let the people who run the club look after these things, and you just buy your ticket when it's open and get behind the team.

The thing isn't even fucking built yet and we have some idiots already saying we have a shite new stadium. Get a grip.
Fuck off back to Koptalk

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
So who out of the 50 million worldwide fans should Parry have consulted? Some 17 year old scall on the internet?

Never heard anything so ridiculous. Let the people who run the club look after these things, and you just buy your ticket when it's open and get behind the team.

The thing isn't even fucking built yet and we have some idiots already saying we have a shite new stadium. Get a grip.

It was Parry's suggestion to involve the fans ....
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
The club reckon they have  listened to the fans regarding The new Kop, just that haven't shown us any proof yet.

But in reality, other than the obvious fans suggestions like a massive single tier Kop, and stands as close to the pitch as possible, I don't think the club could take much more advice on board.

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It was Parry's suggestion to involve the fans ....

Nice one Rushian, and has he involved us a big fat 'NO'.

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Legacy Fan
Nice one Rushian, and has he involved us a big fat 'NO'.

Ive been a critic of parry in the past, but what the fuck do you expect him to do,call everyone one of us and ask us for our comments?

Sorry, but I live in the real world.

Parry invited Anfield 4 Ever supporters group to be involved in the design process, when they admitted defeat in their campaign, that was 4, 5 or 6 years ago - not sure if they agreed to it though, but they where invited.

Liverpool football club (Who, I believe parry works for) submitted two planning applications to Liverpool city council. As part of the planning process, normal bods could go down & have their say, good or bad & I'm sure the club looked at these comments. I went down & had a look, wasn't happy with a few things & wrote Parry a letter & I also got a reply.
You can accuse Parry of a few things, but not giving fans a say in the new stadium is not one of them.

I'm pretty sure that the club will start building the new stadium in the new year. I'm afraid, any complaints about the new stadium are too little to late.

« Last Edit: November 8, 2006, 03:03:23 pm by DosyMickKeane »

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ive been a critic of parry in the past, but what the fuck do you expect him to do,call everyone one of us and ask us for our comments?

Yeap thats exactly what I want, we could go in 1 by 1.

Offline Cally77 v2.0

• Anny Roader

Sorry, but I live in the real world.

Parry invited Anfield 4 Ever supporters group to be involved in the design process, when they admitted defeat in their campaign, that was 4, 5 or 6 years ago - not sure if they agreed to it though, but they where invited.

Liverpool football club (Who, I believe parry works for) submitted two planning applications to Liverpool city council. As part of the planning process, normal bods could go down & have their say, good or bad & I'm sure the club looked at these comments. I went down & had a look, wasn't happy with a few things & wrote Parry a letter & I also got a reply.
You can accuse Parry of a few things, but not giving fans a say in the new stadium is not one of them.

I'm pretty sure that the club will start building the new stadium in the new year. I'm afraid, any complaints about the new stadium are too little to late.

:thumbup

Always going to happen though wasn't it? Fans who have had 5 or 6 years to take an interest in the project suddenly realise we are actually going to move and now start moaning about the design, etc, 6 months before the start of the build (fingers crossed)
Fuck off back to Koptalk

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We should of had open days, with some kind of ballot etc.

Offline Cally77 v2.0

• Anny Roader
Why didn't you bring that up 4 years ago?
Fuck off back to Koptalk