Author Topic: AFL thread: games, results, discussion  (Read 448496 times)

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: AFL thread: games, results, discussion
« Reply #6240 on: April 25, 2016, 08:00:25 am »
Well this isn't happening for the Bombers is it? :(
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline pepe_carra_stevie_nando

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6241 on: April 29, 2016, 04:59:16 pm »
Great post. Wish I would work out what exactly you are referring to considering the last post in this thread was 10 days ago.

I'm referring to our start to the season.
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6242 on: May 7, 2016, 08:04:41 am »
Three wins for Carlton! About as many as I expected for the season!
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6243 on: May 21, 2016, 04:57:18 pm »
Freo really have dropped their bundle  this season....

That's a pretty decent understatement.
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6244 on: May 22, 2016, 02:43:18 am »
Three wins for Carlton! About as many as I expected for the season!

Bolton is doing a fine job. The list wasn't as bad as Malthouse made it look, but to get us on a four-game winning streak with a team in its early phases of reconstruction is very impressive. I'd have even given us a fair chance of competing with the Kangaroos until the team lists were announced and I saw Gorringe was coming in to be the lone ruckman against the best in the competition. Carlton doesn't have the depth to deal with key personnel being out so the ruck/key position situation meant the game was lost before the first bounce. Still, with the Lions and the Saints to come after next week's defeat to an angry Geelong, there's a chance we could be 6-6, which would be a Roy Hodgson Utopia.

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6245 on: May 27, 2016, 05:29:40 pm »
Bolton is doing a fine job. The list wasn't as bad as Malthouse made it look, but to get us on a four-game winning streak with a team in its early phases of reconstruction is very impressive. I'd have even given us a fair chance of competing with the Kangaroos until the team lists were announced and I saw Gorringe was coming in to be the lone ruckman against the best in the competition. Carlton doesn't have the depth to deal with key personnel being out so the ruck/key position situation meant the game was lost before the first bounce. Still, with the Lions and the Saints to come after next week's defeat to an angry Geelong, there's a chance we could be 6-6, which would be a Roy Hodgson Utopia.

We play Saints and Brisbane twice, and Essendon again. If we could get three wins there, that's seven for the season. Which is not bad at all considering the predictions at the start of the season. Sneak 4 more wins and that's double the wins of last season. Good progress.
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6246 on: May 28, 2016, 11:19:37 am »
Yeah it's nice that Carlton have been put on the soft-fixture circuit, maybe that's one thing we can be grateful to Malty for. No more double-ups against the Hawks and the Cats for us! We still have to play both Sydney teams twice, and there are the obligatory max-outs of the Collingwood and Essendon rivalries, but thankfully the latter two are garbage and I live in Sydney so there's an upside to the former, even though they're a guaranteed oh-and-four this year.

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6247 on: May 29, 2016, 10:01:25 am »
after next week's defeat to an angry Geelong

Well.

What a win.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6248 on: May 29, 2016, 11:23:27 am »
BOOM!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6249 on: June 5, 2016, 03:24:04 am »
Finally.

Goodbye Owen, hello Juan.

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6250 on: June 11, 2016, 02:33:34 pm »
Dominant performance by the Cats today. So great to see after the shitshow that was Collingwood & Carlton. Would be nice if we could start kicking straight though.

Awesome to see Menzel doing so well too. Guy deserves a good run after 4 knee recos.

Danger, absolute champion. Selwood has 38 disposals & hardly gets a mention due to how dominant Danger was. worth every bit we paid for him & more!
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6251 on: August 4, 2016, 01:47:40 pm »
1 week late but congrats Boomer on the 427. Very hard to see that ever being overtaken any time soon, the only chance is if they allow Rococop-style androids who can go on until they are 50 into the AFL.

He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6252 on: August 22, 2016, 04:49:09 am »
Carlton won a game! Against a motivated opponent!

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6253 on: August 30, 2016, 09:29:01 am »
Winner of the 2016 Rawk footy tipping: ultimatebromance :champ

1. ultimatebromance...........146
2. p_c_s_n........143
3. RedmeisterOZ......141
4. 2015 LIMS Tipping Maestro ........140
5. CornerFlag ............115

(Top 5)
I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6254 on: August 31, 2016, 09:43:50 pm »
Happy days, the Bombers season from hell has ended so I can now return back to Australia! Can't wait for next season, we've got a stack of talent coming back as well as the games we pumped into the young guys this year. Looking forward to the next few years!

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6255 on: September 3, 2016, 03:20:28 am »
Happy days, the Bombers season from hell has ended so I can now return back to Australia!

Jobe, is that you?

Essendon will come back stronger, but I reckon their ceiling is lower than you think. Weren't exactly a powerhouse before the bans, the year out of the game could really hurt the players, and the opposition will be more focused (I'm thinking of that GWS game where the Giants were doing warm-up drills for 3 quarters before realising they could get humiliated and subsequently running away with it in the last). I'm thinking around 12th-14th spot for next year, though off-season moves could change the outlook.

As for Carlton, I'm really hoping they can sort out the midfield and small forward positions this summer because it was a five-man team for most of the season. Funny how we came 14th but the fans are up in arms because Simpson, Docherty, Cripps and Gibbs missed out on AA selection, which may sound like crazy delusional one-eyed supporter crap, but when you look at the BOG voting it's been those 4 every single week. No other team has so few players doing so much. At least 3 quick mids with good foot skills are needed before the club is any chance of climbing out of the bottom 5. Promising signs for the future from the likes of Silvagni (whose younger brother will arrive in '18), Weitering and C Curnow.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6256 on: September 10, 2016, 03:04:38 am »
Can't believe Smith missed that. Stoked that he did, though! Fourthorn? Fuckoffthorn!

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6257 on: September 10, 2016, 06:16:23 am »
Can't believe Smith missed that. Stoked that he did, though! Fourthorn? Fuckoffthorn!
This.

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
AFL thread: games, results, discussion
« Reply #6258 on: September 10, 2016, 03:07:25 pm »
Off topic question but this is the audience I need....

I live in the UK and am considering cutting the cord with Sky Sports.  As I understand it, Optus now have the Premier League rights in Aus and also an option to watch online via on an app which can be downloaded on Apple TV.

Assuming I sort out a proxy and find an agreeable mate in Australia who is happy to take some cash from me, I should be able to watch Premier League games live in the UK right?  Do they show every game live through some kind of match choice?

Thanks guys.

Offline OzBomber

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6259 on: September 11, 2016, 08:25:07 pm »
Off topic question but this is the audience I need....

I live in the UK and am considering cutting the cord with Sky Sports.  As I understand it, Optus now have the Premier League rights in Aus and also an option to watch online via on an app which can be downloaded on Apple TV.

Assuming I sort out a proxy and find an agreeable mate in Australia who is happy to take some cash from me, I should be able to watch Premier League games live in the UK right?  Do they show every game live through some kind of match choice?

Thanks guys.
EPL on Optus is barely working for Aussies let alone for someone with a VPN. I'd be hunting around other countries if I were you.

It's a shame Foxtel don't still have it. When I was living in Liverpool I just used a VPN to get Foxtel Go and it worked a charm. Don't think it'd be the case with Optus unfortunately.

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6260 on: September 14, 2016, 10:56:51 pm »
Thanks for the heads up mate.  Sounds best to swerve it for a while.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6261 on: September 16, 2016, 03:37:38 pm »
That was a great win by the Doggies. See ya Hawthorn.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6262 on: September 18, 2016, 01:37:09 pm »
Back in this thread a few years later...hopefully the golden touch still works. Swans have a chance :P

Very even comp this year can't call it but the way GWS demolished us last week they'd have to be favourites. Bloods culture doesn't let that happen 2 weeks in a row :P so Crows were always gonna get done. Doggies amazing effort considering all the injuries throughout the year but could smell them upsetting Hawthorn. They start favourites but I reckon we can get over the Cats this week despite losing a couple of players and no rest week after a physical game, could even work in our favour as Cats now have 2 breaks so no continuity. Beat them convincingly at Skilled earlier this season where we had to lock Danger down after he destroyed us 1st quarter.  Good chance to play on MCG before the GF hopefully lol.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6263 on: September 18, 2016, 03:20:49 pm »
GWS v Western Bulldogs, gonna be a cracker.
I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6264 on: September 18, 2016, 03:56:00 pm »
Cats v Swans will also be interesting. Seems like the Swans are unbelievable on narrow grounds where there is a lot of contested ball so maybe better for the Cats to play at the MCG.

Cats had a fantastic record against top 8 sides in the H&A but Sydney thumped them.

Rest vs continuity and injuries

Both games are really exciting to me.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline OzBomber

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6265 on: September 18, 2016, 08:17:16 pm »
Hoping for a Bulldogs vs Cats final, just a shame I'll be in the air flying to Greece so I'll be missing the GF!

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6266 on: September 18, 2016, 08:27:40 pm »
Cats v Swans will also be interesting. Seems like the Swans are unbelievable on narrow grounds where there is a lot of contested ball so maybe better for the Cats to play at the MCG.

Cats had a fantastic record against top 8 sides in the H&A but Sydney thumped them.

Rest vs continuity and injuries

Both games are really exciting to me.

We were missing a lot of players in that game at skilled but we were pumped. Will be an absolute scrap and playing on an open field like the MCG will definitely help us. Especially after the amount of work the Swans did vs Crows. Really hoping we can get a win and a berth into another Grand Final. But also fucking stoked Hawthorn are out.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6267 on: September 25, 2016, 08:58:48 am »
Go Doggies! But please sack Toby McLean, he's the biggest on-field cheat I can ever remember seeing... or at least the most egregious because whereas the likes of Bartlett and Selwood are/were great players who also engaged in a bit of cheap gamesmanship, McLean's sole specialty appears to be milking free kicks. Hope he gets decapitated.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6268 on: September 25, 2016, 02:47:03 pm »
I hope the Doggies get up but I can see Sydney walking it and the game being over by half time.

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6269 on: September 25, 2016, 07:28:07 pm »
Well the Geelong game was fucking brutal.  :'( Didnt help we only had 3 blokes rock up in Dangerfield, Selwood and Bartel. My pain was eased somewhat as I was in Barcelona. Did the Camp Nou tour straight after the game. Took my mind off it a bit but still fucking brutal.

I dont mind Sydney. Will never forget watching them beat Collingwood at the MCG. The players after were great and took time out to sign a bunch of things for me. That being said i hope that the Doggies can get up. Most importantly though is that I hope its a great game.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6270 on: September 27, 2016, 08:58:18 am »
2016 AFL Grand Final
Sat. 1 Oct

Sydney Swans v Western Bulldogs

MCG

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6271 on: September 29, 2016, 08:15:40 am »
   Winner?
   Margin? (pts)
   Norm Smith medallist?

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6272 on: September 29, 2016, 09:23:34 am »
Sydney by 28, Josh Kennedy

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6273 on: September 29, 2016, 12:17:25 pm »
Footscray by 20
The Bont.

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6274 on: September 29, 2016, 01:43:03 pm »

'scray by 15

Bontempelli for the Norm Smith. (He was a Geelong supporter  :D)

Offline adamson404

• Main Stander
« Reply #6275 on: September 29, 2016, 02:13:36 pm »
Swans by 15. Parker for Norm Smith.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6276 on: September 29, 2016, 05:58:22 pm »
Swans by 18 hopefully.

Doggies were the only team in finals I don't bare any dislike to and they have a long premiership drought so in any other year I wouldn't mind them winning but not this one! Unlucky for Aliir Aliir to miss out really deserved the spot and I suppose Marsh for getting dropped.

Fkn excited for this!

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6277 on: October 1, 2016, 04:10:32 am »
Sydney
27pts
Hannebery

Who do I want to win?
Bulldogs with Picken getting the medal.

Offline Halibut-Thumb

• I apologise for my shit user name and piss-poor spelling. You know, my friends and family tell me they are surprised I couldn't think of anything better. Ah well, such is life.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Lesbian ham?
« Reply #6278 on: October 1, 2016, 07:34:51 am »
anyone got a stream?
In Soviet Russia, fish fingers you.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6279 on: October 1, 2016, 09:01:29 am »
As Wayne Rooney would say, that was some Granny. Happy for the Dogs to break their drought, and hopefully Toby McLean will stand up on the open top bus parade and get decapitated by a road sign - "the one time you should have ducked..."