Author Topic: What mobile phone?  (Read 877060 times)

Offline seanoevil

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA.
Re: What mobile phone?
« Reply #440 on: June 16, 2007, 06:06:52 pm »
from what i have read the k850 differs over the k800 with the 5mp camera obviously; no joystick ya!, upgraded software, bigger/brighter screen, tilting/landscaping for photos without having to tell the phone to do it?,and all that faster web browsing stuff.

Personally I think the SE handsets get better with each incarnation.  Since the K800 there does not seem have been a massive improvement in specs on each successor.  Same with the K850 - it just seems to be an upgrade on a successful handset.

Touch wood, not had any problems with SE handsets - and all our family own em.  So waiting patiently for the K850 to hit the stores...
JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

15/10/10 - It's a new dawn, it's a new day...COME ON YOU REDMEN!

Offline NasEscobar

• Shirt fetishist
  • Legacy Fan
  • See you at the Barricades babe.
« Reply #441 on: June 16, 2007, 07:17:59 pm »
Its been like that Since the t610 really. Every one has had added a bit more to a succesful formula
Check me out y'all, Nasty Nas in your area, About to cause mass Hysteria.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: June 17, 2007, 12:16:49 pm »
Had a go on the N95 lastnight, all I can say is its slow. Not a bad handset, and amazing what it offers but im not going anywhere near it. I can see it would fuck me off as much as my pile of kack N70 has done.

For me the K800i looks the best allround phone out there.

Is there any new handsets coming out in the next few months worth waiting for?

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #443 on: June 17, 2007, 01:37:38 pm »
n95 can be slow at times. Nothing major tho, and my k800 had it's slow moment. As for an upgrade on that, the k850 should be hitting shops very soon

Offline Hoppy

• Wino
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack Attack Attack
« Reply #444 on: June 18, 2007, 11:44:14 am »
however good the n95 looks specs wise, I would seriously advise steering away from it. Over half our weekly stock of this phone is used up to replace faulty ones from previous weeks. Nokia really should sort this out.

Nokia have launched 2 new software versions to combat the early problems they've experienced!!  You'd be better off directing your customers to their nearest Nokia Care Point than replacing the handset!
In for a week, Out for a month....Duncan is a Tampon!

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #445 on: June 18, 2007, 12:49:33 pm »
Nokia have launched 2 new software versions to combat the early problems they've experienced!!  You'd be better off directing your customers to their nearest Nokia Care Point than replacing the handset!

yeah, the local nokia dealer is no longer a nokia service centre anymore, so the nearest one is about 20 miles away. Bit of a cheek to sell a phone that doesn't work properly then say you have to go to another shop to make it work. I'd sooner try and sell them onto the k810.

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #446 on: June 22, 2007, 11:25:27 am »
Any idea when the k850 is out?
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline seanoevil

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA.
« Reply #447 on: June 22, 2007, 11:30:11 am »
Any idea when the k850 is out?

Apparently late 3rd/early 4th  quarter this year.
JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #448 on: June 22, 2007, 11:34:33 am »
Apparently late 3rd/early 4th  quarter this year.

Hmm, might hang on then, just been offered an N95 by Orange, even though im only 10 months into an 18 month deal.
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #449 on: June 22, 2007, 11:35:42 am »
right anyone know of any good deals at the minute

I need a new contract, I have seen loads of deals offering Ipods, 360's ps3's etc

any really good ones?

Offline seanoevil

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA.
« Reply #450 on: June 22, 2007, 11:39:31 am »
Hmm, might hang on then, just been offered an N95 by Orange, even though im only 10 months into an 18 month deal.

Me too; was gonna get the K810! on upgrade - but trying to hang out for the new SE handsets...
JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #451 on: June 22, 2007, 12:05:29 pm »
right anyone know of any good deals at the minute

I need a new contract, I have seen loads of deals offering Ipods, 360's ps3's etc

any really good ones?

Would love some info too. Mine is due an upgrade on 24th June, and I'm planning on bleeding T-Mobile as far as I can.

Has anybody heard a release date for the Samsung F700?
JFT97

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #452 on: June 22, 2007, 03:20:31 pm »
I've got a feeling that I'm due an upgrade. Had the same phone for a few years now and I've only ever received was some kind of loyalty bonus.

So if someone would be willing to finish off the following sentence, I'll be happy. I'm with O2 by the way.

The best phone to buy at this moment in time is ......
If you're reading this signature as a result of reading a post of mine in 'The Bets Thread', then please ignore the aforementioned post as I'm likely to be spouting bollocks and if you follow me, you'll lose money. Thank You.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: June 22, 2007, 03:52:07 pm »
The best phone to buy at this moment in time is ......

K800i

But if your due an upgrade, get the fucker for free

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #454 on: June 22, 2007, 04:00:58 pm »
K800i

But if your due an upgrade, get the fucker for free

k810i

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: June 22, 2007, 04:42:16 pm »
k810i

Thats the one  ;)

Im thinking of K850i when its released

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #456 on: June 22, 2007, 05:27:14 pm »
n95 ;)    (awaits barrage of naysayers, but i'm still really happy with mine)

Offline Nuisance Value

• Main Stander
  • est. 1966
« Reply #457 on: June 26, 2007, 01:53:26 pm »
n95 ;)    (awaits barrage of naysayers, but i'm still really happy with mine)

No arguments from me Kid, had mine a month and no major probs. It's a bit buggy and crashes every other day but hopefully a software upgrade will sort that when it's out. one thing, dump maps and get tomtom, it's much better even if you have to use a separate gps unit

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: June 26, 2007, 06:10:54 pm »
No arguments from me Kid, had mine a month and no major probs. It's a bit buggy and crashes every other day but hopefully a software upgrade will sort that when it's out. one thing, dump maps and get tomtom, it's much better even if you have to use a separate gps unit

That for me is a major problem and if the software upgrade doesnt sort it out you'll end up hating the shitty N series as much as I do.

Offline Eli_B (aka Badland Red)

• The resident lurking Saddler
  • Legacy Fan
    • My Mobile Blog
« Reply #459 on: June 26, 2007, 07:48:19 pm »
Matt S and (any of the rawk mobile phone owners) since you're in the know with regards on which mobile phones are popular at the moment. As of two weeks ago i bought & ordered  an Sony Ericsson K800i (Pay as you Talk - Vodafone branded) mobile -  My first non Nokia phone and i'm liking it a lot. Although i'm disappointed that you can't rename images or create folders on the fly (is that right?)

I'm looking for a replacement for my other phone i.e. A Nokia 6630 (On Orange Pay As You Go) even though i've had not much problems with the phone for just over 2 and half years that i've owned it. It was quite a remarkable phone in it's time(stereo music, 1.3mp camera, first 3g nokia handset, etc).

But I feel it's time to replace it. So far with the current new phones i like the look of the E65, especially with the Wifi, Quickoffice software and VoIP capability. Even though there's no flash&autofocus on the 2 Megapixel camera, Can you or the others suggest to me which phone is a worthy replacement?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 07:56:46 pm by Eli_B (aka Badland Red) »
Walsall FC aka the red and white Saddlers. The innovators as well as the first sports team in England/UK, to sell the Chicken Balti Pie:

http://upthesaddlers.com/wp/ 

With a soft spot for the redmen of Liverpool since the League Cup Semi Final 1984. RIP to the 39 in Brussels and of course the 96.

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #460 on: June 26, 2007, 08:17:09 pm »
Matt S and (any of the rawk mobile phone owners) since you're in the know with regards on which mobile phones are popular at the moment. As of two weeks ago i bought & ordered  an Sony Ericsson K800i (Pay as you Talk - Vodafone branded) mobile -  My first non Nokia phone and i'm liking it a lot. Although i'm disappointed that you can't rename images or create folders on the fly (is that right?)

no, you should be able to click the right hand soft key where it says 'more' (once your inside a folder (i.e. pictures, videos etc...)) and select either new folder, and to rename, when your selecting a folder or picture you wish to rename, use the right soft key again where it says 'more' and go to 'Manage file' -> rename.

But I feel it's time to replace it. So far with the current new phones i like the look of the E65, especially with the Wifi, Quickoffice software and VoIP capability. Even though there's no flash&autofocus on the 2 Megapixel camera, Can you or the others suggest to me which phone is a worthy replacement?

The E65 seems decent, certainly feels nice in the hand. But it really depends what you'd be using the phone for & what your budget is.

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: June 26, 2007, 08:22:40 pm »
Should be pointed out that you can only rename pictures in the 'Pictures' folder, can't be renamed when in the 'Camera Album'.

Offline Eli_B (aka Badland Red)

• The resident lurking Saddler
  • Legacy Fan
    • My Mobile Blog
« Reply #462 on: June 26, 2007, 08:58:47 pm »
Cheers Matt and AJ for the tips about the file management on the K800i - I'll certainly have a go when i get home tonight!

Matt - i know that you get this phone on either contract or SIM Free (that would be quite ideal) for about £250 or upwards depending on where buy it from. Do you know when the E65 will be on PAYG on any network?

I want to use the E65 mainly for the usual i.e. E-mails, texting and viewing documents. I've heard the music player isn't too bad neither. Aint too bothered that i hasn't  got an FM radio and it's camera resolution is only 2MP :)
Walsall FC aka the red and white Saddlers. The innovators as well as the first sports team in England/UK, to sell the Chicken Balti Pie:

http://upthesaddlers.com/wp/ 

With a soft spot for the redmen of Liverpool since the League Cup Semi Final 1984. RIP to the 39 in Brussels and of course the 96.

Offline El mooro

• Compo of the Opera
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "A Bastion of Invincibility"
« Reply #463 on: June 26, 2007, 09:20:56 pm »

Very interesting, as I'm 12 months into an 18 month contract, paying roughly £100/month,and they are refusing to let me upgrade.

I've upgraded every year with them, and been with them for 10 years nearly, so more than a little peed off....
Daft Little Ground, Silly Game, Eff Off!

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #464 on: June 26, 2007, 10:19:29 pm »
Cheers Matt and AJ for the tips about the file management on the K800i - I'll certainly have a go when i get home tonight!

Matt - i know that you get this phone on either contract or SIM Free (that would be quite ideal) for about £250 or upwards depending on where buy it from. Do you know when the E65 will be on PAYG on any network?

I want to use the E65 mainly for the usual i.e. E-mails, texting and viewing documents. I've heard the music player isn't too bad neither. Aint too bothered that i hasn't  got an FM radio and it's camera resolution is only 2MP :)

no idea, its unlikely you'd see it on pay and go through o2 - couldn't really say about any other networks.

Offline ste669

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #465 on: June 28, 2007, 06:15:49 pm »
any one know how to get maps or sat nav working on a nokia n95 thanks i cant use the flaming thing

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: June 29, 2007, 10:14:39 am »
I feel sorry for you

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #467 on: June 29, 2007, 10:32:27 am »

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: June 29, 2007, 10:42:35 am »
Why?

Coz when you look at it and read about the functions it sounds like a brilliant phone. The thing they forget to mention is how slow the handshit is and how often it will crash.

Matt, do you have any idea when the K850i release date is?

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #469 on: June 29, 2007, 11:18:34 am »
Coz when you look at it and read about the functions it sounds like a brilliant phone. The thing they forget to mention is how slow the handshit is and how often it will crash.

Well i like mine anyway.  Tho it's only natural to big up the things you own yourself, the Apple v PC stuff on here is testimony to that

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: June 29, 2007, 11:55:12 am »
Well i like mine anyway.  Tho it's only natural to big up the things you own yourself, the Apple v PC stuff on here is testimony to that

Good on you mate. I hate the N series becuase of my N70 and when playing around with the newer versions including the N95 I have noticed all the same short comings that will make me lose my rag with them.

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #471 on: June 29, 2007, 11:57:35 am »
Good on you mate. I hate the N series becuase of my N70 and when playing around with the newer versions including the N95 I have noticed all the same short comings that will make me lose my rag with them.

It's certainly not flawless, but i can probably just about cope with the odd crash (which my SE k800i did a hell of a lot anyway) and a bit of slowdown (i'm in no hurry!).

Of course in a month i may well have changed and thrown it against a wall in temper!!

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: July 4, 2007, 06:23:04 pm »
Has anyone got the LG K800 or whatever it's called. The Chocolate thing.

My phone broke so I've claimed on my account and I can get a brand new phone and this was the best offered to me so reviews are welcome.

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice to mole you....I mean meet you
« Reply #473 on: July 4, 2007, 07:21:35 pm »
Samsung u600 is what im considering. Any good?

Also, how does texting feel on the LG Prada?
BETFAIR REFERRAL CODE:  6GRRJ3CQV

Money for me and you!!

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: July 4, 2007, 11:17:00 pm »
anyone recommend a shitty small phone just for making and receiving calls and txts cause mines fucked and i need a temporary pay as you go one 

cheers

Offline The Mrs

• is smashing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ex
« Reply #475 on: July 5, 2007, 02:42:51 pm »
Nokia 2310. 29.99 from o2 shops, surprisingly sell lots of them. just does run of the mill stuff, the oldies love em..hehehe
£10 off if you trade in ur old phone, providing it turns on and lights up.. can be any old shit!
x
Most definitely DID NOT start this whole skin wearing malarky!!

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #476 on: July 5, 2007, 03:05:50 pm »

a nightmare.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #477 on: July 5, 2007, 03:07:19 pm »
Matt, any idea when the Samsung F700 is being released?
JFT97

Offline NasEscobar

• Shirt fetishist
  • Legacy Fan
  • See you at the Barricades babe.
« Reply #478 on: July 5, 2007, 04:15:02 pm »
Samsung u600 is what im considering. Any good?

Its alright i think, once you get used to it, but the u600 is no better, the touch buttons and response time is painfully slow
Check me out y'all, Nasty Nas in your area, About to cause mass Hysteria.

Offline The Mrs

• is smashing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ex
« Reply #479 on: July 5, 2007, 08:39:32 pm »
or murderously fast. i have never been able to get to grips with them!
Most definitely DID NOT start this whole skin wearing malarky!!