Author Topic: why are everton waiting to see what happen's with our new stadium ???  (Read 4016 times)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Property developer draws up study for new Everton ground
Published: 14 February 2006
Everton have been approached by a wealthy property developer over the building of a new stadium, although the club are likely to await the outcome of Liverpool's ongoing project before deciding to leave their historic home at Goodison Park.

Peel Holdings, a company led by multimillionaire John Whittaker and with a portfolio worth £2bn, is to provide a feasibility study into developing a stadium on land it owns in Netherton, a suburb in north Merseyside with close links to the M57 and M58 motorways. The company would meet the costs of the project with Everton gradually acquiring the stadium on a lease-back scheme.

Everton have been exploring stadium options for over a decade without success and Peel has a proven track record in the North-west, owning Liverpool John Lennon Airport, the Trafford Centre, Mersey Docks and Harbour Company and the Manchester Ship Canal.

However, the club will continue to monitor developments at Anfield, where Liverpool are behind schedule in their plans to fund a £150m development on Stanley Park, before making any decision.

Everton have been approached by a wealthy property developer over the building of a new stadium, although the club are likely to await the outcome of Liverpool's ongoing project before deciding to leave their historic home at Goodison Park.

Peel Holdings, a company led by multimillionaire John Whittaker and with a portfolio worth £2bn, is to provide a feasibility study into developing a stadium on land it owns in Netherton, a suburb in north Merseyside with close links to the M57 and M58 motorways. The company would meet the costs of the project with Everton gradually acquiring the stadium on a lease-back scheme.
Everton have been exploring stadium options for over a decade without success and Peel has a proven track record in the North-west, owning Liverpool John Lennon Airport, the Trafford Centre, Mersey Docks and Harbour Company and the Manchester Ship Canal.

However, the club will continue to monitor developments at Anfield, where Liverpool are behind schedule in their plans to fund a £150m development on Stanley Park, before making any decision.

Not sure if this should be posted here or not ? or not at all ?

Does anybody know this John Whittaker , take it he's not a liverpool fan.

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
Re: why are everton waiting to see what happen's with our new stadium ???
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 08:23:44 am »
Because the bastards STILL think they can squat at our place, rather than actually pay for their own (I note in this article that Everton would essentially only be tenants in this proposed new place too)
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 08:29:40 am »
Because the bastards STILL think they can squat at our place, rather than actually pay for their own (I note in this article that Everton would essentially only be tenants in this proposed new place too)

Shared stadium has no chance off happening....or do they think it may happen ?

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 08:33:08 am »

Shared stadium has no chance off happening....or do they think it may happen ?

Yeah, they (and their supporters in the council and NWDA - the people responsible for holding up the project thus far) still are hoping we'll build a stadium, and let them rent it.
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline kopite 1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • those were the days my friends
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 08:36:10 am »
maybe they will move into anfield when we go
support the fight for justice dont buy the sun

jft96

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 08:38:30 am »

Horrible thought .

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 08:39:23 am »

No can do - our planning deal means that if we get the land in the park for the new stadium, the council get the land anfield is currently on, and must return it to "public space" (though the way the council are acting - they could give everton a ground and claim it is public space for the "peoples club" of liverpool...)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 08:54:08 am »
"peoples club"  makes me laugh everytime , be a unsuccessful club makes most clubs  the peoples club ???

Offline groundhog

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 08:59:06 am »

That thought is just too horrible to contemplate.  I'd prefer us to adopt a scorched earth policy on that one.

Offline MightyReds

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 09:29:59 am »
Those bitters can keep on fcuking dreaming...not in a million years.
"In my time at Anfield we always said we have the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves" - Bill Shankly

Offline DannyD

• Son Of Millie Tant. General Secretary of the National Union of Ice Cream Miners
  • Legacy Fan
  • 60 Years torment for Palestinians make it the last
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 10:29:32 am »
No can do - our planning deal means that if we get the land in the park for the new stadium, the council get the land anfield is currently on, and must return it to "public space" (though the way the council are acting - they could give everton a ground and claim it is public space for the "peoples club" of liverpool...)

Most of the old Anfield will be taken up by the Anfield Plaza, it is hoped to build a hotel resteraunts as well as some recreational space. The time scale should have seen us in the new place this August and the old Anfield down in the following two years. Was looking through the plans for the New Anfield and will be gutted if it doesn't happen. The club has spent big on the plans even down to the relocation of the playing pitches on Stanley Park. Two are to remain while the build goes on they others are to be relocated to the Lower Breck and William Ralph Dean playing fields. LFC will build changing rooms, storage areas and relay the pitches to a professional standard. There are photographs of the survey that looked into the state of the existing pitches and the make up of the soil would frighten any young player off playing on them. Concrete house bricks and rubble makes up 89% of the undersoil. Once the Anfield New is finished and the Stanley Park playing fields are in place the council will take over the running of the refurbished playing fields at all three venues.
Another example of LFC doing right by the community ...... The cost to LFC ......... a small £2m
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 10:39:21 am by DannyD »
I lay before you a plan of freedom - adopt it, and you rid the world of inequality, misery, and crime. A martyr in your cause, I am become the prophet of your salvation.

Offline DannyD

• Son Of Millie Tant. General Secretary of the National Union of Ice Cream Miners
  • Legacy Fan
  • 60 Years torment for Palestinians make it the last
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 10:37:43 am »
Peel Holdings are a major player in the property market, what they say they will do they will do. If the stories are true and Everton have floated enough tales about a new stadium to sail to America and back. PH  probably want to build a medium sized stadium as a lease back to Everton, using it as the centre for building a retail park or industrial park. They may get preferable treatment from local and national bodies during the planing stage. If the site is in a green belt they won't get it just for a retail park.
I lay before you a plan of freedom - adopt it, and you rid the world of inequality, misery, and crime. A martyr in your cause, I am become the prophet of your salvation.

Offline Callaghan.

• Enjoys a roasted nut (preferably the 'TonyTheRedNosedReindeer' variety)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2006, 08:42:55 am »

Telegraph today:-

Grounds for sharing on Merseyside
By Patrick Barclay
(Filed: 17/09/2006)

In listing last Sunday the massive and, to my mind, scandalous debts with which our leading clubs and now even the FA casually labour, I omitted to mention Liverpool alongside Manchester United, Arsenal, Newcastle and (for all we know) Chelsea — not because I had forgotten Liverpool but because I had temporarily forgotten their resolve to try to keep pace with Chelsea and the rest by building a new stadium with a capacity of 60,000.

David Moores
David Moores: against the idea of a joint stadium

Nine days ago, the council said they could use land in Stanley Park, the patch of green that traditionally separates the red and blue homes of Merseyside football, if they could furnish evidence of £180 million worth of funding by the end of September — two weeks from now. In fact Liverpool might have to be a bit quicker to be sure of the public money from the UK and Europe — at least £15 million — that will pay for infrastructural improvements intended to "regenerate" an especially poor part of Liverpool.

It sounds fine until you remember that chopping bits off parks is seldom a good idea. And I wonder where the casting of yet another club into hundreds of millions of pounds of debt is going to lead us, given that they are all likely to be competing against each other for the foreseeable future: conditions hardly conducive to the accumulation of profits necessary to pay off interest. And what of Everton? They cannot stand still. They are going to have to build a new home too. Maybe it will regenerate another poor part of Liverpool. Maybe one without a park in it.

What profligate nonsense it is. Liverpool and Everton could and should halve their costs by sharing a stadium. There are no two clubs more suited to the arrangement and it would have the additional benefit of providing an opportunity to draw closer again. In the none too distant past, there were few manifestations of local culture that induced in the outsider more respect for Merseyside than the derby-day sight of a red scarf trailing from one side of a car and a blue from the other; there were jokes about mixed marriages and so on and the impression came over that here was a place comfortable with its passion for the game.

Then came the horror of Heysel and the tragedy of Hillsborough and the gradual draining of a reservoir of humour. The Liverpool-Everton rivalry became just like any other. Accordingly, the chairmen of the clubs, David Moores and Bill Kenwright, being authentic fans of Liverpool and Everton respectively, are against the idea of a joint stadium, even though it might endow the community with a state-of-the-art and naturally universal asset embodying the city's unique place in the English game.

The council have erred. Part of the problem with football is its popularity, which induces politicians to make weak decisions or, as in the case of the Government's shyness from addressing the corruption which runs through the game, no decision at all. Liverpool should have been told, and quite bluntly, that neither they nor Everton can afford petty pride. In a sensible world, they would not be allowed the private money for which their future is to be mortgaged, let alone the public purse they now await.

Throughout football the sums have ceased to add up and it is just one more reason why our sports minister, Richard Caborn, should launch a public inquiry into the game. Dodgy deals? The Panorama expose is due to go out on BBC Television on Tuesday and Alex Millar, the reporter who made the film, estimates that £100 million has been corruptly siphoned from the game since the Premier League's inception 14 years ago.

Managers have been prominent in that, but they could not do it without help. So corrupt agents? There is no point in asking the game, which is largely governed by club chairmen, to police itself because the corruption is institutional and bad practice rife. Jake Duncan, the FIFA-approved agent calling for reform, draws attention to the big fees earned for work ''behind the scenes" which might contravene regulations or even the law. For, when an agent is paid by a club to keep other clubs away from his client, it is bribery. Yet football blithely allows it.

What about bizarre transfers such as that which brought Javier Mascherano and Carlos Tevez to West Ham? And shadowy takeovers? The FA say everything is hunky dory and UEFA (to do the European body justice, only they seem even to recognise that there is a serious problem which the FA cannot or will not handle) declare it is a matter for the UK government because football is an industry under its jurisdiction. So perhaps it might be easier if Caborn just told us how many reasons he needs before ordering an investigation.

An illustration of why football cannot be trusted comes with FIFA's unveiling of Seb Coe as chairman of an independent ethics committee. This is just a PR stunt, the sort of thing football comes up with every time it senses a little more wool needs to be pulled over our eyes. Coe is quoted in today's Sunday Telegraph as saying: "My gut view is that we might be meeting six times a year." He says he does not even intend to try to clean up football and adds: ''The issues that are to be raised in Panorama are exactly what this committee is not going to be about…I don't have any doubt at all that the FA are strong enough to deal with those issues." He then opines that ticket prices are rather high, as if unaware that they would be lower if so many people were not plundering the game's economy. My guts, like Coe's, have a view of this appointment.

Offline coog

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2006, 11:58:15 am »
Peel Holdings are a major player in the property market, what they say they will do they will do. If the stories are true and Everton have floated enough tales about a new stadium to sail to America and back. PH  probably want to build a medium sized stadium as a lease back to Everton, using it as the centre for building a retail park or industrial park. They may get preferable treatment from local and national bodies during the planing stage. If the site is in a green belt they won't get it just for a retail park.

I have seen plans for a site in Kirkby that involves the building of a Tesco and a 50,000 seater stadium.

Offline Earlydoors

• Boys Pen
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2006, 04:44:08 pm »
The "bitters" know we could use Goodison for a Multi-storey car park and toilets, thats why they`re worried..... ;D

Offline morestellata

• Legacy Fan
  • fiends,romans and fuck off everton!!
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2006, 07:30:26 pm »
Who the fuck would want to piss there anyway?
1st IS 1st, 2nd IS NOWHERE.
NEVER FORGET NEVER FORGIVE.
NEVER BUY THE SUN.
JUSTICE WILL BE DONE.

Offline Fred Madison

• Jazz saxophonist, now masquerading as a mechanic after probably murdering his wife.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 12:42:45 am »
Let alone park your car there ...

Offline Rhino

• Last of the great romantics. Tess of the Googlevilles. Randy internet flirt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2006, 04:13:52 pm »
I think we should really piss them off by opening ground share talks with Tranmere ;D

Maybe then they'll get the message :wanker

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2006, 04:18:31 pm »
Perhaps they just want a stadium with a large trophy room and lots of silverware...

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2006, 01:06:36 am »
I wouldn't mind having a shit there... ;D