Author Topic: Prison Break  (Read 207260 times)

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Prison Break
« Reply #1840 on: May 21, 2009, 01:03:16 pm »
Wednesday 27th May:

10pm on Sky1
60 mins
New. The Old Ball And Chain:
Spoiler
In the first of a two-part swansong special, Michael and Sara wed. Happiness is shortlived when the latter is arrested for the murder of Christina Scofield.
[close]

11pm on Sky1
60 mins
New. Free:
Spoiler
Michael, Lincoln and co reunite to break out an increasingly vulnerable Sara. A fitting farewell that ensures the show flies the coop on the headiest of highs. Also in HD
[close]

Sounds pathetic. This shows gone downhill in record time

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #1841 on: May 21, 2009, 01:05:04 pm »
A fitting farewell that ensures the show flies the coop on the headiest of highs.

They're going to undo the last two series and make it end with them all escaping at the end of season two?
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #1842 on: May 21, 2009, 04:55:31 pm »
It did milk it a bit but a truly brilliant TV series with a sad but fitting ending however the first series will always be some of most gripping and exciting drama I have ever seen on TV.
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline kratos

• Kopite
« Reply #1843 on: May 21, 2009, 04:58:03 pm »
It did milk it a bit but a truly brilliant TV series with a sad but fitting ending however the first series will always be some of most gripping and exciting drama I have ever seen on TV.

1st series was brill. Feel like watching the 1st and 2nd again just to see the links of the "Company".

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1844 on: May 22, 2009, 04:32:53 pm »
The gravestone says he died in 2005, so it was set four years ago, sound, then why was they driving the new Range Rover it wasn't out then.

PETTY, I KNOW.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Crouchy

• Legacy Fan
  • Vamos!
« Reply #1845 on: May 22, 2009, 07:05:12 pm »
What sad ending.  At least its over with now.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #1846 on: May 25, 2009, 09:47:16 pm »
Pretty shocking - didn't watch any of the new ones since the break but caught the last two. Like others have said, if only it had ended after season 2, everything from then on had nothing to do with fuck all. The whole Scylla thing was shite.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #1847 on: May 25, 2009, 09:51:50 pm »
There's a double bill on net, Wednesday on SkyOne as well, hopefully they'll make amends.
hi

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1848 on: May 25, 2009, 11:50:58 pm »
Just seen this on another site so not sure if it's the real one.

Movie Link
http://depositfiles.com/en/files/u4zyzo8so

Sample
http://hotfile.com/dl/3702962/c2d600...e-ilm.avi.html
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline Martyn.

• Nearly 20 and still a virgin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1849 on: May 26, 2009, 02:10:07 am »
It leaked yesterday morning, and I just gave it a watch.

Spoiler
It was pretty good, but again sad and emotional in parts.

I don't really feel that 'The Final Break' added much, I was pretty happy with the ending we got a few weeks ago.
[close]
Number 9

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #1850 on: May 26, 2009, 05:20:18 pm »
Just watched the extra final - can't help wonder if they somehow could have done series 4 using the storyline they used for this, but fleshed out - would have been much better than all the company shite. Oh well. Better ending (however if youre going to have 2 endings at least one of them should be slightly decent).

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1851 on: May 26, 2009, 05:57:18 pm »
Sacked it off at around ep 17 but knowing thats its over downloading 18-24 now cant seem to find 23 and 24 though? anyone know where i can get them? also what is this prison break the final break? :P
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1852 on: May 26, 2009, 06:20:36 pm »
whats these extra episodes people are talking of?

thanks

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1853 on: May 26, 2009, 06:51:00 pm »
You'll find them on your local download emporium.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1854 on: May 26, 2009, 07:02:29 pm »
I cant find 23 and 24 though? is the final break the 700mb one, the last 2 episodes?

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1855 on: May 26, 2009, 07:03:27 pm »
The 'extra' ones, yeah.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1856 on: May 26, 2009, 07:25:40 pm »
Where are the normal ones located then :( cant find'em anywhere! :P

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #1857 on: May 26, 2009, 07:29:54 pm »
23 and 24 = the last break.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #1858 on: May 26, 2009, 07:29:54 pm »
MEGAVIDEO
hi

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1859 on: May 26, 2009, 08:05:58 pm »
23 and 24 = the last break.
Nice swan :)

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #1860 on: May 26, 2009, 08:14:52 pm »
That was so fucking worse than the other finale. When the door doesn't open, and he goes 'I'm afraid this might happen.', he had a back up plan. If he wore some fucking rubber gloves, he'd have had a few more months with Sara and Linc.

Also, the way Teodoro's legacy ended was rather disgraceful.
hi

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #1861 on: May 26, 2009, 08:24:24 pm »
Don't click unless you've seen the last break (episodes 23/24)

Spoiler
I reckon they should have done away with all the Agent Self and Scylla bit early on in season 4, but have a similar reason for putting Tancredi in jail and making that last for the rest of the season, culminating with a big bad ass breakout and ending.

You could see what they were trying to do with the finale, give a nod back to the first series and the whole reason everyone loved Prison Break in the first place, but with only an hour and twenty minutes to play with it was always going to lack the tension and edge that the first series had. There was no development of how nasty the place was, and the inmates, and the constant sense of having to watch out for fellow cons and guards, felt contrived and thrown in. Fox River was bad ass. This place was shite.

Sarah joins the gang in prison pretty quickly and easily, and all these bent prison guards who beat her up but then don't really do much else to her. Where was the Bellick style abuse of power etc? Did anyone really think that Big Daddy was anything other than laughable when you think back to Abruzzi? And the evilness that was T-bag...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/y5tGmLiIjYM&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/y5tGmLiIjYM&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Those last two episodes just served to remind me how low the show has gone since possibly the best debut season of any recent american drama. It could have been so much better.

Overall I'm pretty let down and glad its over now.
[close]

Rant off. ;)

Offline Reddave7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #1862 on: May 28, 2009, 02:40:54 am »
Just watched the final break on sky so dont need the spoilers anymore.

I enjoyed it. All the prison stuff reminded me of season 1 and how good that was. Obviously this wasn't as good but still interesting.

I agree with the point about that would have made a better season than all the stuff about Scylla as well.
RAWK Premier League Prediction Champion 08, 09
RAWK European Prediction Cup Champion 09/10

Offline Gromit

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1863 on: May 28, 2009, 08:42:47 am »
It would have been so much better if they never went with the company/scylla/conspiracy crap and just stuck to the prison breaks from series 1, 3 and the plot from the 'final break'.

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1864 on: May 28, 2009, 07:13:25 pm »
can anyone quickly summarise these extra episodes so i know what happened without watching them

thanks

Pheeny

« Reply #1865 on: May 28, 2009, 07:28:45 pm »
can anyone quickly summarise these extra episodes so i know what happened without watching them

thanks
someone goes to prison and then escapes...

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #1866 on: May 28, 2009, 11:51:34 pm »
It would have been so much better if they never went with the company/scylla/conspiracy crap and just stuck to the prison breaks from series 1, 3 and the plot from the 'final break'.

Exaclty. 3 and 4 were extended pointless versions of series 1, most of 2 and the two extra episodes we just had
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline gomez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1867 on: May 29, 2009, 12:39:18 am »
Cant believe how shite this has become.

Offline Reddave7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #1868 on: May 29, 2009, 12:52:19 am »

thanks

Spoiler
Sara is arrested and put in jail while she waits for her trial. Whilst in the jail firstly she's beaten up by the guards due to her involvement in allowing Michael and co to escape as lots of prison staff lost their jobs. She also encounters Gretchen who's serving time in the same jail. In the male prison the General hears about Sara being arrested and offers £100k to whoever can kill her. Michael goes to see the general and says he will trade his life for hers but the General says that if he killed Michael his pain would last seconds where as by killing Sara Michael would suffer for the rest of his life.

On the outside Michael, Linc and Sucre work on a plan to break Sara out. Mahone is invited into the Bureau and is told the only way he can get his badge back is to join up with Mike and co and relay all the information back to them. Michael finds a blind spot where he can get to Sara but Mahone tells the FBI agent and Michael sets about devising a new plan.

Inside the jail Sara encounters a few problems but she survives. The General puts a bounty on Sara's head for anyone who can kill her and one woman tries but Gretchen saves her - killing the women in the process. Gretchen knows about the break out attempts and wants in. Sara agrees after she saved her.

Michael's new plan is to parachute into the jail to get to Sara who will be waiting at the Chapel and escape through that. Michael writes a letter and makes a recording of himself (much like a terrorist) for Sara and Linc and tells Mahone to give it to them should anything happen to him. He tells Mahone he trusts him.

Linc goes to visit T-bag in the male prison and tells him to set off the fire alarm at 7pm. Lincoln offers him some money (a couple grand I think) which T-bag says is too little. Linc says its all that they have but T-bag has a plan to get the General's 100k he offered for killing Sara. He tricks the General in order to get the name of his contact and tells Lincoln to go and steal the money and wire it to him by 7pm or he wont set off the alarm.

Mahone tells the FBI of Michael's new plan to parachute in and the FBI send more guards to the prison. Sucre and Lincoln go to the General's contacts house and rob him of the money. Sucre rushes off to wire it into T-bags account but fails.

Sara and Gretchen set off a riot and manage to sneak off and make their way to the Chapel to hopefully meet up with Michael.

A plane flies over and someone parachutes out. The agents shoot on sight only to discover that the body is a dummy. We see a flashback of Michael sneaking under the FBI car.

Sara and Gretchen make it to the chapel although Gretchen is wounded from the riot. In the male prison, T-bag discovers the funds have not been wired to him so immediately tells the authorities of Michael's plan. They deploy all their guards to the Chapel.

Two guards find Gretchen at the Chapel entrance but do not see Sara. Gretchen says she's not alone and that God is always with her. Sara manages to get inside the Chapel and his not seen. She meets up with Michael there and they set about escaping out of the other side. The authorities disable all the alarms as T-bag has told them of Michael's plan. This allows them to access the final room and Michael comments that when working with T-bag you always have to remember 'hes a rat'. They get to the door but Michael's plan doesn't work at first. Lincoln, Sucre and Mahone are waiting on the other side but no one is coming out. Eventually Michael says Sara must open the door when he connects the two wires. It becomes clear that Michael will have to die for the door to open and they share a moment in which Michael says he is coming with her making reference to the child Sara is carrying. Michael connects the wires and Sara leaves, meeting up with Linc and co outside. They realise Michael isn't coming out and leave. In the car. Sara opens up the letter and enclosed is a doctors report showing that Michael was indeed dying from a brain tumour. Mahone and Sucre say their goodbyes to the group and leave. At the end Sara and Lincoln are on a boat and view the DVD Michael made for them. He says he was dying anyway as they now know and that he loves them both very much and asks Lincoln to look out for mini Michael and asks Sara to look out for Lincoln as 'he had a tendency to get into trouble'

If you've just read all that I bet you're thinking you should have just watched it :P

That's from my memory anyway and its very brief :D
[close]
« Last Edit: August 3, 2009, 09:04:12 am by Reddave7 »
RAWK Premier League Prediction Champion 08, 09
RAWK European Prediction Cup Champion 09/10

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #1869 on: May 29, 2009, 01:21:31 am »
I believe they originally planed for 1 series with one bunch of actors, and a whole new story for season 2. Can't remember where i read it, but apparenlty people wanted to keep these lot on. So they just waffled on. Once they were making money they milked it.....for a bit too long
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline love:the:game

• Yes mate...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • If found please return to nearest Blackjack Table
« Reply #1870 on: June 7, 2009, 05:30:21 am »
What the fuck was that ending? ???

Sarah going to jail and then having to break her out - lost what little credibility the story had left. And the way Michael died...a guy who's had so much done to him and still walked away, has to lose his life attaching two wires together?! They should've just let us assume it was the brain tumour that killed, not the inability to put on...
...some fucking rubber gloves.

But I do agree with this...
...however the first series will always be some of most gripping and exciting drama I have ever seen on TV.
I can't think of any other programme that's taken my heart rate to such levels that the first and second Series did. I remember actually sitting there shaking in suspense when they were breaking out of Fox River! For that I'll always love and miss this programme.

And I always knew that Paul Kellerman would one day come back and save the day!
I think we'd have won the league if we'd sold Keane to Man United.

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1871 on: June 9, 2009, 07:37:31 pm »

don't worry about using spoilers.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1872 on: July 29, 2011, 10:29:40 pm »
Just downloaded the whole lot and going back through from the beginning. Can't believe it's been 5 years since it started. Once of the best things on telly as long as I can remember.

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #1873 on: July 29, 2011, 10:32:15 pm »
I must be some sort of idiot because I didn't rate this at all... almost evertbody else i know thinks it's ace. I was very good for a time but then turned into a bit of a farce imo... should have wrapped it up after season 2.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 10:34:15 pm by EST1982 »
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #1874 on: July 30, 2011, 12:31:08 am »
Best tv series I have ever watched.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1875 on: July 30, 2011, 12:32:43 am »
Quality tv series.

Might watch it again.

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We'll be coming down the road...
« Reply #1876 on: July 30, 2011, 12:36:35 am »
Best tv series I have ever watched.

Series 1 definitely. Could not stop watching it, and it made Mondays so much better!
Journo: ''So, let me get this right, train, coach, train, plane.''
Rafa: ''No, coach first because we will not be walking to the train station.''

Don't Buy The Sun - www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

It was poodle. She was rocking a fucking poodle to sleep.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1877 on: August 9, 2011, 10:21:15 pm »
Did all 21 episodes in just over a week. Onto season 2 :D

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #1878 on: August 9, 2011, 10:51:21 pm »
Did all 21 episodes in just over a week. Onto season 2 :D

Personally thought Season 2 was the best of the lot. Enjoy

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #1879 on: August 10, 2011, 10:41:16 am »
Personally the 1st series was one of the best i have ever watched.I found myself at 3 o'clock in the morning not being able to sleep because of the anxiety of what was going to happen in the next episode.So i was saying to myself one more episode and then i will sleep ;D
For me the second season was showing signs of the show's demise with some over the top stuff and plot holes but was still  very watchable.It's season 3 and 4 that went really downhill and turned into complete shit.
It should have clearly ended after the second one(personally i believe it should have after the first with a proper ending).I still have the 1st season in my HDD in HD(which btw is brilliant) and i plan to rewatch it one day.Of course it will not match the thrill and excitement of the first watch but it should still be a good watch.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.