Author Topic: (American) College Football  (Read 302579 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: (American) College Football
« Reply #3040 on: September 5, 2023, 06:23:29 am »
Duke shocks everyone by beating Clemson 28-7. :o
#Sausages

Offline spartan2785

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3041 on: September 5, 2023, 06:49:03 am »
Clemson might have been better off with DJ Uiagelelei.  They looked terrible, it's not even like Duke played a clean game.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3042 on: September 5, 2023, 09:00:57 pm »
Mike Elko and Duke are definitely an underrated college football coach/team. Decent chance he's at a more traditional football power in a year or two.

Part of what made Clemson so good under Dabo for much of the 2010's was an insane level continuity with his coaching staff. He's seen many assistants leave over the last couple of years for other jobs and I'm starting to wonder if that's taking its toll. His general refusal to adapt to more modern times with NIL and the transfer portal is also taking its toll.

Great weekend of college football, and just getting started. Colorado-TCU was much watch TV and Colorado's big rivalry game with Nebraska this coming weekend, in Boulder, will also be much watch TV.

Texas @ Alabama is the big one this coming weekend but also keeping an eye on Oregon @ Texas Tech, Ole Miss @ Tulane and Texas A&M @ Miami.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3043 on: September 5, 2023, 10:31:29 pm »
Biggest annoyance is, here in he UK, we're only getting Notre Dame home games, [think some are available on the NFL Network if you have the gamepass to get it], BT Sports used to have a partnership with ESPN, so you'd get most of the NCAA stuff, that ESPN/ABC show, but that's now been terminated after they merged into TNT Sports. :(
#Sausages

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3044 on: September 8, 2023, 04:22:38 pm »
Biggest annoyance is, here in he UK, we're only getting Notre Dame home games, [think some are available on the NFL Network if you have the gamepass to get it], BT Sports used to have a partnership with ESPN, so you'd get most of the NCAA stuff, that ESPN/ABC show, but that's now been terminated after they merged into TNT Sports. :(
Any college games at all
On sky this weekend ?

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3045 on: September 8, 2023, 04:28:43 pm »
Any college games at all
On sky this weekend ?

No CFB games being shown whatsoever in the UK this weekend, as Notre Dame are on the road, & sky are not showing the CFB games NBC/Peacock have from the Big Ten. :(
#Sausages

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #3046 on: September 8, 2023, 04:37:30 pm »
thought the BT contract expired in July and TNT chose not to renew it rather than cancel it.

I've not subscribed to BT Sport's for a few years anyway, loads more college football on IPTV
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3047 on: September 8, 2023, 04:44:57 pm »
Man, that sucks that most viewing options were taken away from y'all.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3048 on: September 8, 2023, 04:48:13 pm »
yeah the espn contract with bt apparently ran out and tnt couldn't be fucked to renew it.

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3049 on: September 8, 2023, 04:50:15 pm »
Free streams aplenty for the CFB schedule. ;D

Online frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #3050 on: September 9, 2023, 04:48:08 pm »
Free streams aplenty for the CFB schedule. ;D

Any recommendations for stream sites for todays game?

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3051 on: September 9, 2023, 07:48:20 pm »
Dame game on YouTube

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3052 on: September 10, 2023, 06:37:23 am »
I see Texas won at Bama. :lmao
#Sausages

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3053 on: September 10, 2023, 12:11:26 pm »
Any recommendations for stream sites for todays game?
Sorry I never replied yesterday, mate. I was away from the computer all day.

For future reference try here. These have most of the games that are on.  Also good for tonight's round in the NFL.

https://sportsurge.to/cfbstreams

https://sportsurge.to/

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #3054 on: September 10, 2023, 08:26:59 pm »
I see Texas won at Bama. :lmao

Was a fun game to watch. Quinn Ewers had a great game for Texas.
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3055 on: September 10, 2023, 10:13:50 pm »
Not overly surprised with the experience of Texas (returning Ewers, 5 OL, etc) vs. Bama having a new QB and other players on offense.

Ewers looks great.  High expectations now for the Horns.  Let's see if they'll live up to it.
King Kenny.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3056 on: September 20, 2023, 07:04:45 pm »
Absurdly good slate of games this weekend:

#4 Florida State @ Clemson
#19 Colorado @ #10 Oregon
#22 UCLA @ #11 Utah
#15 Ole Miss @ #13 Alabama
#14 Oregon State @ #21 Washington State
#6 Ohio State @ #9 Notre Dame
#24 Iowa @ #7 Penn State

Throw in SMU @ TCU and Auburn @ Texas A&M for good measure. This is a weekend where we'll get to separate some contenders from pretenders.

Going to be glued to the television all day Saturday. My poor wife!  ;D

« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 07:09:34 pm by Lone Star Red »

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #3057 on: September 20, 2023, 07:09:49 pm »
Cam McCormick (Miami TE) petitioning for 9th year of eligibility for college football.

Missed multiple seasons due to injury plus the Covid season exemptions. Still pretty unusual though.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3058 on: September 20, 2023, 07:11:41 pm »
Cam McCormick (Miami TE) petitioning for 9th year of eligibility for college football.

Missed multiple seasons due to injury plus the Covid season exemptions. Still pretty unusual though.

He's the same age as Justin Herbert (his former teammate at Oregon), who's now in his 4th NFL season.  ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3059 on: September 22, 2023, 05:47:28 am »
Absurdly good slate of games this weekend:

#4 Florida State @ Clemson
#19 Colorado @ #10 Oregon
#22 UCLA @ #11 Utah
#15 Ole Miss @ #13 Alabama
#14 Oregon State @ #21 Washington State
#6 Ohio State @ #9 Notre Dame
#24 Iowa @ #7 Penn State

Throw in SMU @ TCU and Auburn @ Texas A&M for good measure. This is a weekend where we'll get to separate some contenders from pretenders.

Going to be glued to the television all day Saturday. My poor wife!  ;D

Ohio State vs Notre Dame is on in the UK, but that's a 1am kickoff UK time

Most are looking forward to Colorado @ Oregon, that game will see if Colorado are genuine contenders, i see the Colorado game is on ABC in the US.

#Sausages

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3060 on: September 22, 2023, 03:29:43 pm »
will be interested to see if Hartman really is the juice
if the Irish win then which i think they will then they have to be in the play off discussion
although usc are coming down the tracks

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3061 on: September 22, 2023, 05:37:39 pm »
Ohio State vs Notre Dame is on in the UK, but that's a 1am kickoff UK time

Most are looking forward to Colorado @ Oregon, that game will see if Colorado are genuine contenders, i see the Colorado game is on ABC in the US.

My guess is Colorado gets a healthy dose of reality from Oregon, especially with Travis Hunter sidelined for at least the next couple of weeks.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3062 on: September 22, 2023, 05:41:37 pm »
will be interested to see if Hartman really is the juice
if the Irish win then which i think they will then they have to be in the play off discussion
although usc are coming down the tracks

Agreed.

I think Hartman is the real deal and gives something Notre Dame haven't had in a while - a legitimately excellent college quarterback. And college teams with the better QB tend to win these types of games, so I'm leaning Irish in this one.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3063 on: September 27, 2023, 06:49:08 pm »
MSU have fired Mel Tucker
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3064 on: October 7, 2023, 10:24:41 pm »
The CFB is crazy this season, Oklahoma beat Texas 34-30, so many good teams that someone who goes 12-0 might not get a playoff berth, 11-1 & you can kiss goodbye to the playoffs.
#Sausages

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3065 on: October 8, 2023, 04:02:01 pm »
Mario Cristobal with an all-time coaching blunder.  Kneel and you win, but no, let's run a play, fumble, and then allow GT to go about 75 yards in 25 seconds to ruin your undefeated season.

His clock management "skills" from his days at Oregon to now are truly absurd.  Imagine being on a 10-year, $80 million contract and not kneeling to win a game.  And apparently he does this in general (not kneeling).  Just mind-blowing.

And this on a day where USC and Alabama also had some clock mishaps at the end.  That USC-Arizona end was peak slapstick comedy.
King Kenny.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #3066 on: October 8, 2023, 08:18:56 pm »
Notre Dame..... >sigh<
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3067 on: October 9, 2023, 02:30:30 pm »
Notre Dame..... >sigh<
think they may need to review marcus freeman`s tenure
this was awful

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3068 on: October 9, 2023, 02:33:40 pm »
The CFB is crazy this season, Oklahoma beat Texas 34-30, so many good teams that someone who goes 12-0 might not get a playoff berth, 11-1 & you can kiss goodbye to the playoffs.
As a Longhorns fan reading this. Sigh.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3069 on: October 9, 2023, 04:32:58 pm »
Still buzzing after that victory in the Cotton Bowl, felt sweet to get some revenge from last year. No doubt about it, Venables has completely turned the culture around within the program. I haven't seen us go toe to toe physically with an equally talented (if not more talented team) like that in a long, long time.

Vaulted us right into the CFP picture and Dillon Gabriel into the Heisman race. Damn it feels good to be a Sooner.  8)

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3070 on: October 9, 2023, 05:52:12 pm »
As a Longhorns fan reading this. Sigh.
Still buzzing after that victory in the Cotton Bowl, felt sweet to get some revenge from last year. No doubt about it, Venables has completely turned the culture around within the program. I haven't seen us go toe to toe physically with an equally talented (if not more talented team) like that in a long, long time.

Vaulted us right into the CFP picture and Dillon Gabriel into the Heisman race. Damn it feels good to be a Sooner.  8)
I really enjoyed this game, helps that I'm not a fan of any college team. Still, a really good game.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3071 on: October 9, 2023, 07:44:34 pm »
I really enjoyed this game, helps that I'm not a fan of any college team. Still, a really good game.

I'm obviously biased, but I think the Red River Shootout is the best rivalry game in the sport, including the NFL, and it's not particularly close.

There's nothing like it. The pageantry. The history and the hatred. The 50/50 split of fans. The tunnel. In the middle of the Texas state fair. And the game itself delivers classic after classic.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3072 on: October 9, 2023, 07:52:21 pm »

Have to disagree with you there. An 11-1 season (plus winning your conference championship game to go 12-1), would probably be good enough for Michigan, Georgia, Alabama, Texas and probably one of the top tier Pac-12 teams to make the CFP, IMO.

It's really important when that 'one' loss occurs, how it happens and who the opponent was. For example, I don't see Georgia going from #1 to #5 and missing out on the playoffs if they go undefeated and then lose a close one to say, Alabama, in the SEC title game.

Offline faisfais

• Kopite
« Reply #3073 on: October 9, 2023, 08:12:27 pm »
Mario Cristobal with an all-time coaching blunder.  Kneel and you win, but no, let's run a play, fumble, and then allow GT to go about 75 yards in 25 seconds to ruin your undefeated season.

His clock management "skills" from his days at Oregon to now are truly absurd.  Imagine being on a 10-year, $80 million contract and not kneeling to win a game.  And apparently he does this in general (not kneeling).  Just mind-blowing.

I am Georgia Tech alum (EE BS02, PHD08). I LOVED IT! YNWA THWG! :) :)

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3074 on: October 12, 2023, 09:06:22 pm »
Look out for Daniel Akinkunmi the next few years, part of the NFL UK academy who has got a scholarship for Oklahoma Sooners

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/67061910
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3075 on: October 14, 2023, 09:22:27 am »
The PAC 12 is certainly going out with a bang, Stanford 29-0 down at half time to Colorado, win a thriller in 2OT 46-43
#Sausages

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3076 on: October 14, 2023, 11:41:53 am »
I never knew youtube streamed some of the college football games live, Ive watched the last couple of Georgia Bulldogs games live.
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3077 on: October 14, 2023, 01:25:58 pm »
The PAC 12 is certainly going out with a bang, Stanford 29-0 down at half time to Colorado, win a thriller in 2OT 46-43
If anyone is interested, extended highlights of the game.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/befmZCSb8xc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/befmZCSb8xc</a>

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3078 on: October 14, 2023, 05:19:53 pm »
All today's games.

https://nflstreams.me/college-football-streams

I'm taking Arkansas over Alabama. I know. ;D

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3079 on: October 17, 2023, 06:47:34 pm »
Look out for Daniel Akinkunmi the next few years, part of the NFL UK academy who has got a scholarship for Oklahoma Sooners

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/67061910

It's a really cool story. He'll get a chance to be coached and developed by one of the best OL coaches in the country in Bill Bedenbaugh. From what I've seen of Akinkunmi, he looks like a great athlete who is incredibly raw, even by high school standards.

He's more than likely got a long road ahead to try and break through, but if he's able to, that will be an even better story.