Author Topic: Yob mob attacks lifeboat heroes  (Read 2042 times)

Offline quincyg

• Ultra-lounge lizard and musak lover. The naffer the better.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • can show me Down Under anytime!
Yob mob attacks lifeboat heroes
« on: October 14, 2005, 05:41:44 pm »
it gets worse. I'm glad I'm the age I am, would hate to be part of the 'yoof of today'. Being tarred with same brush as these and other idiots.

Oct 14 2005
By Greg O'Keeffe, Liverpool Echo

A LIFEBOAT crew were ambushed by yobs hurling bottles and bricks as they returned from an exercise.

One 25-year-old volunteer was badly cut during last minute's 20-minute attack, and the lifeboat engine was damaged.

New Brighton lifeboat operations manager Peter Shillinglaw today described the attack as "sickening".

"It's bad enough going out on dangerous seas risking our lives to help other people without being attacked back on land by gangs.

"The lads were very shaken up and today we're just furious. Now we know how the firemen feel."

The five-man crew were returning from a beach training exercise at Marine Promenade, New Brighton, at 9.45pm when the yobs attacked.

They jumped from behind bushes and pelted the crew with beer bottles and bricks.

The crew called the police and tried to drive away but the yobs chased after them and blocked the road.

Police are believed to have arrested three youths.

Mr Shillinglaw added: "If the police hadn't arrived when they did the damage to the lifeboat would have prevented us from going out on later jobs. That puts lives very much at risk."

* YOBS started a fire in Heath Road, Allerton, at 7pm yesterday and attacked firefighters when they arrived.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 05:43:27 pm by quincyg »
"There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"

"I'm takin' this bloody car.....All the way to Invercargill!!!"

Offline ElSheak

• Poster Boy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Royal Liverpool FC
Re: Yob mob attacks lifeboat heroes
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 06:01:51 pm »
The Police arrested them? Oooooo slap on the wrist and a £50 fine max. Little fuckers want to be given lifejackets and tossed out of a helicopter 12miles from shore, left for a day and the picked up to fully appreciated what those men do. A fitting punishement me thinks, followed by a special treat of a luxury (and it no doubt is) say at HM Where ever for a minimum of 12 months.

How do people breed such arseholes?
"This very valuable asset..." No Tom. We are not an 'asset'. We are Liverpool Football Club.

Superlicious Istanbul 2005 poster – now available and seen here! (© Adrian Newell)

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 08:22:29 pm »
c*nts like that should just be put down for the good of the rest of the country.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Once a knob always a knob
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 10:17:30 pm »
Fuckin dickheads...

Total disgrace :no

Offline Bandy

• Kopite
  • Linux Based Fun.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 12:58:29 am »
The fact that these incidents are becoming commonplace (I've got mates who are paramedics who are regularly bricked) with ambulances, fireengines and the like - it shows that the deterrents are a waste of time - as Mr. Blair pointed out the other day

If the little fuckers got a £10,000 fine and/or 5 years in jail/Borstal then I suspect the rate of offences would dip sharply.
And it was all going so well

Offline Monkey Red

• Jacques Cousteau
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just add salty water
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 11:58:00 am »
Waiting for the PC brigade of Do-gooders to come up with some bollocks excuse for these oxygen thieves!
'It'll whisper to them of Liverpools five glorious European Cup victories"

Offline quincyg

• Ultra-lounge lizard and musak lover. The naffer the better.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • can show me Down Under anytime!
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 12:43:53 pm »
The fact that these incidents are becoming commonplace (I've got mates who are paramedics who are regularly bricked) with ambulances, fireengines and the like - it shows that the deterrents are a waste of time - as Mr. Blair pointed out the other day

If the little fuckers got a £10,000 fine and/or 5 years in jail/Borstal then I suspect the rate of offences would dip sharply.
doubt it, those sent down would probably complain about their pissing human rights. "5 years for chuckin' a brick? Waahh not fair, I want me mum"
"There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"

"I'm takin' this bloody car.....All the way to Invercargill!!!"

Offline Withnail

• Failed anorexic.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 08:51:04 pm »
drop the fuckers off a mile out to sea, then see who has the last laugh. little twats ! :no

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 09:07:37 pm »
drop the fuckers off a mile out to sea, then see who has the last laugh. little twats ! :no

More likely to get a supervision order unless they've already been sentenced for a few things. They usually get two chances before ever appearing at court though.

Offline Big Tall Man

• Legacy Fan
  • In this moment i like it in this forum, for sure
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 07:35:01 pm »
This caper is getting more commonplace over here re: emergency services.  I'd birch then jail the fucking lot of them.  It is bastards like this that cause deaths every year through this sort of behaviour
Blair needs to get harder on crime not softer
Rafa on THAT half time talk.  Language barriers aside, the greatest modesty and understatement in football history!!!

' We had been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe we score things would be different and we scored and it was different'

Offline ewok-red

• Anarchist, potentially violent but lacks bottle.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 11:25:56 pm »
yes..moan condemn moan. your all so quick with the righteous indignation. but lets see it through the kids etes, theyre poor, these bastards are out flaunting their wealth in their flash boats and fancy uniforms....
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 02:37:30 pm »
Education Education Education...........and a fucking good smack!
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.