Author Topic: Chelsea fan in peace  (Read 4410 times)

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
Re: Chelsea fan in peace
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2005, 08:39:27 pm »
Ahh yes, Glazer, what a popular figure he has turned out to be  ;)

Thanks, I'll try not to get to fond of it, but hopefully I'll have reasons to for many seasons to come  ;)

Stick around- always  good to meet  heathens infidels fans of other teams  ;)

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2005, 08:40:02 pm »

:)

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2005, 08:40:25 pm »
'Hoot' was around for a while, though strabgely silent since Glazer and our European progress...
Anyway- welcome to RAWK, Carefree. Congratulations on the title, but don't get too fond of it, eh?  ;)  :wave

He had been gone for a while I think. Read through some of his last posts and it ended in a rather sour note. I changed my mind about having him around though, sort of provoke a lot of ppl here to act rather uncivilised. I haven't been to .tv much as well of late but I think I've not heard from him for a quite some time there either.

Btw, any chance of Thirdpaul being here?
Or are you TP? ;)
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2005, 09:19:45 pm »
IMO Alonso has been a better player for us than Steven Gerrard this season but Gerrard is the better player.

Pheeny

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2005, 09:58:36 pm »
yea they might even buy a book! :P

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2005, 10:08:21 pm »
yea they might even buy a book! :P

:missus

:evil

;D ;D ;D

Offline Coady

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2005, 10:38:43 pm »
A couple of years ago Owen was favourite, then he was enemy number 1 for some reason. It changes all the time
"When you hear the noise of the Bill Shankly boys,
We'll be coming down the road"

Pheeny

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2005, 10:58:27 pm »
A couple of years ago Owen was favourite, then he was enemy number 1 for some reason. It changes all the time
certainly ain't my enemy number 1.

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Once a knob always a knob
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2005, 11:03:32 pm »

Nor mine! I for one would welcome him back. Quite obvious what we have been missing this season. Even if he was only fit enough to play half the games, he'd still be good for 15 premiership goals...which may have got us 4th as well as the CL final

Offline Trell

• Kopite
  • "Winning trophies has made me put on weight."
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2005, 04:19:36 am »

Gerrard is just beginning to hit his prime years and although he has had a below par season (by his standards), i suspect he will be back to form 2005/2006 after getting rid of all the speculation and having Rafa's first 'true' team around him. Once he is back to form he is, without a doubt in my opinion, one of the best Midfielders in the world.

Alonso is a different type of player and personality who will complement Gerrard for years to come.  While younger that SG he shows as much, if not more, promise than SG did at the same age.

So in all honesty i consider SG our best player but i think Alonso 'could' end up, a different but even better player.

2 years down the line with SG fully into his prime years and Alonso beginning to enter his own prime, makes me drool.

If Carlsberg did Central Midfield's they would probably have SG and Xabi together in 2007.  ;D
Famous words of wisdom:

If you're in the penalty area and aren't quite sure what to do with the ball, stick it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards!

I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside... Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2005, 04:43:06 am »
Funny though, voices of "he's past it" can still be heard amongst the crowd, even when the former wunderkind is hitting them goals in at the La Liga for fun.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2005, 06:02:28 am »

Offline Besiktas_CaRSi

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2005, 09:47:58 am »
şşşşt Chelsea fans:)

hello from Istanbul Beşiktaş:)

0-2 Sergen Yalcin in Stanford Bridge

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
  • Someday, everything is gonna be different...
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2005, 10:09:50 am »

Nor mine! I for one would welcome him back. Quite obvious what we have been missing this season. Even if he was only fit enough to play half the games, he'd still be good for 15 premiership goals...which may have got us 4th as well as the CL final

He's far from being enemy number one for me, I'd like him here i suppose but that little sod knew all along what he was doing, you go back over all his interviews and know that without a doubt, welcoming him home with open arms isn't something I'd be game for. I don't think we've missed him exactly but someone of his ability. Milan is a different player, so is Morientes and Djib has been missing pretty much all season - i say it in our defence all the time, take away the key striker(s) from the top clubs and they suddenly suffer too. Once he's firing on all cylinders i don't think we'll be missing the wee fella quite as much.
**After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music **

Offline carra carra carra23

• Main Stander
  • "You'll Never Walk Alone"

Offline LadyLala

• Legacy Fan
  • la dee daa
    • lala's RED world
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2005, 01:08:19 pm »
Hi Carefree  :wave
Glad to see a nice Chelsea fan here.
I'm fine with any fan as long as they're nice.
Well, regarding Alonso.. I can only speak for myself, and personally I like Xabi more than Stevie. I'm sure different fans would have different favourite players, but for me, Xabi just happens to be one of my favourite players. It doesn't really mean that I hate Stevie or anything, although I am sometimes irritated at all the unnecessary and over-flattering media hype about him. I would hope that Stevie does stay with us, but if he goes to Chelsea... well, it just won't be the end of the world for me (and us) like the papers often make it sound to be. But if Chelsea ever try and get our Xabi (and I'm almost 100% sure he won't leave us for Chelsea), I'll get so damn pissed off with Chelsea that not even giving us Terry and Lampard will make up for it.

I never know how I'm supposed to respond to "What's up?"

Offline LFC-Enforcer

• Anny Roader
  • Viva la revolucion!
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2005, 01:59:31 pm »
lol! Thats fair enough, I wouldn't expect anyone to not rubbish another team. But the fact you appriciate another fan's opinion is good enough for me.

A lot of rival Paul's then, should have joined up with that name them to follow the trend.

How about RussianPaul? ;) No, just kidding, you can change your profile name if you like, in your profile settings.
The blood is its most red nearest to the heart.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2005, 02:34:06 pm »
Alonso is a different type of player and personality who will complement Gerrard for years to come.  While younger that SG he shows as much, if not more, promise than SG did at the same age.

Sorry mate have to disagree. The young SG showed amazing promise, even at full back. He always looked a world class midfielder in the making although shortly after his debut the growing pains set him back injury wise.

I had a bet with my mate in his debut season that he would captain England one day.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline liverbird23

• Main Stander
  • legends all round
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2005, 10:04:37 pm »
is it wrong to be smug that stevie and xabi both play for us?

no?

oh, ok then!
The joy was enormous, incomparable. The goal, the people, qualification. It was all a dream.

.....and there was glory round the fields of anfield road......

Offline ewok-red

• Anarchist, potentially violent but lacks bottle.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2005, 09:37:03 am »
enjoy it while you can lad. this is the only season you will have it this easy. you will be having a sore neck next season looking up at us.

can i also say, that in the last ten years i have watched both Man Utd and the arse come to our place and play beautiful, pressing, flowing football which was positive and admirable. i have watch in dismay as they have flowed towards us like an incoming tide and have screamed as our defence has crumbled.

this season i have watched your version of the harlem globetrotters play some of the most hoofball, cheating, unattractive football i have seen. you need to have a word with the special (needs) one, that green stuff at your feet is grass, and thats where the ball goes.

good luck for next season, i hope terry and lampards summer operations go terribly wrong, that cheeting git with the blonde hair suffers his 'what goes around comes around'.   
however, i would mind your goalie for a season or two
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline El mooro

• Compo of the Opera
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "A Bastion of Invincibility"
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2005, 10:36:34 am »
Just this second had a Chelsea fan in for a consultation.

Went both semi games. Very complimentary about atmosphere at Anfield. Wondered why it wasn't like that in league games. Says they have the same problem at Stamford Bridge, and have asked for a singing section, but like us, getting knocked back by the club.

Anyway he said "I really really hope you stuff Milan", wished L.F.C. all the best.

Said "anyway, I'm sure you'll have a good time out there doc" then winked knowingly. Whatever could he mean?

Good to have other fans behind us really.
Daft Little Ground, Silly Game, Eff Off!