Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 1 Arsenal Gabriel 4’ Mo 29’  (Read 24212 times)

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 1 Arsenal Gabriel 4’ Mo 29’
« Reply #640 on: December 25, 2023, 09:22:30 am »
We dont look like champions, no, but neither do Arsenal or City.
Its not a vintage PL season in terms of quality, but it could be an epic title race
Arsenal away form not great but they done decent against us yesterday. Far better than last April. Saliba is massive for them & Rice.

They do look bettter equiped. We looked to have a better attack at one stage but thats gone now with the for of our forward line.

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: December 25, 2023, 10:01:12 am »
Arsenal away form not great but they done decent against us yesterday. Far better than last April. Saliba is massive for them & Rice.

They do look bettter equiped. We looked to have a better attack at one stage but thats gone now with the for of our forward line.

They relied on the officials to once again bail them out. We should have won and it should have been comfortable.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #642 on: December 25, 2023, 10:42:19 am »
Over the long term yes but I’d much rather have Endo as a 6 than Curt, who is much better when he’s free to roam about the pitch.

The issue for me is that both Endo and MacAllister lack athleticism. You can just about get away with starting one of them if you get legs around them. Endo/Mac with Jones and Szobozslai is a decent blend of technical ability and athleticism.

Starting both Endo and Mac in the same midfield especially both nominally on the left of midfield in possession would be far too slow and immobile especially on transitions. It would also mean Szobozslai having to work even harder.

Personally I think we function much better with Jones in the team. He is very good in possession and covers huge amounts of ground.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: December 25, 2023, 01:26:27 pm »

They didn't do much of anything against us on Saturday. It was pretty even - and I can't recall any big Arsenal chances where Alisson had to bail us out.

Last April - we struggled until Xakha got the crowd riled up with a fight with Trent.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #644 on: December 25, 2023, 01:32:06 pm »
we've gotten 4 points from 15 against others in the "Big 6". We need to improve on that 2nd half, given that 3 of the 5 games will be at home and Man Utd away isn't exactly difficult anymore
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: December 25, 2023, 03:37:02 pm »
The player who hasn't been picked is Endo.

When Jones has been fit he has been a regular first-team starter. Endo hasn't.
Thought Endo has made more appearances than Jones so far this season (starting or sub)?
How many games has Endo been on the bench and Jones has started?

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #646 on: December 25, 2023, 06:47:47 pm »

Agreed that they look better than last season overall (Rice is an obbious upgrade) but I'm not sure a 1-1 was necessarily better than the 2-2 they got in April. Less boom and bust perhaps, but the game still had them having the lead, bring pegged back then being suffocated for a period when we should've scored and won the game.

For me the McNulty BBC article was written with Arsenal winning in mind. If they were already 3-4 points ahead then you could say they had passed a test. As it is, it's still wide open, 1st place will change hands on a weekly basis until someone goes on a long winning run. No reason why it can't be us if we can resolve the injury issues but City are still the favourites to do this.

Also remember that teams can mature and get better over the season, just think 2017/18 (albeit VVD played a big part). Certainly think that side would've had a chance of a league title had we only been a point off the top at Xmas.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #647 on: December 25, 2023, 06:49:03 pm »
How many games has Endo been on the bench and Jones has started?

They play different positions. For League games Endo is backup to MacAllister. Endo only really becomes a viable starting option if we have injuries or suspensions.

If everyone is fit and we have a League game then Jones is a viable starting option. In September he started all 5 domestic games.

Endo is a backup who plays the early rounds of the Europa and the domestic cups.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #648 on: December 25, 2023, 07:25:41 pm »
Agreed that they look better than last season overall (Rice is an obbious upgrade) but I'm not sure a 1-1 was necessarily better than the 2-2 they got in April. Less boom and bust perhaps, but the game still had them having the lead, bring pegged back then being suffocated for a period when we should've scored and won the game.

For me the McNulty BBC article was written with Arsenal winning in mind. If they were already 3-4 points ahead then you could say they had passed a test. As it is, it's still wide open, 1st place will change hands on a weekly basis until someone goes on a long winning run. No reason why it can't be us if we can resolve the injury issues but City are still the favourites to do this.

Also remember that teams can mature and get better over the season, just think 2017/18 (albeit VVD played a big part). Certainly think that side would've had a chance of a league title had we only been a point off the top at Xmas.

They went into the game in an advantage with no midweek game plus Liverpool off form and with a lot of injuries. Then they get an early goal. They didn't press home the advantage as they didn't when we were really a mess and 2-0 down last season.

What they did was look noticeably more comfortable on the ball, but then our ball playing midfielders are injured
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #649 on: December 25, 2023, 09:44:40 pm »
we've gotten 4 points from 15 against others in the "Big 6". We need to improve on that 2nd half, given that 3 of the 5 games will be at home and Man Utd away isn't exactly difficult anymore

That 'Big 6' doesn't include Aston Villa (3 pts, Home) and Newcastle (3 pts, away, with 10 men). And also includes the farcical Spurs game.

The biggest thing that has come from these Arsenal and United draws is how everyone now has a stupid hot-take as to why we aren't challenging this year.

Pretty much every god damn reason you can use for Liverpool not challenging can be levied at anyone else who's still in the mix.
:D

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: December 25, 2023, 10:15:14 pm »
As far as I'm concerned, the draws against the big teams, show how they're desperate not to lose against us. They know how dangerous we are. Klopp's 2.0 isn't quite there yet, so unlocking some teams is proving difficult, but it's more a mark of how scared they are.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: December 25, 2023, 10:21:46 pm »
They play different positions. For League games Endo is backup to MacAllister. Endo only really becomes a viable starting option if we have injuries or suspensions.

If everyone is fit and we have a League game then Jones is a viable starting option. In September he started all 5 domestic games.

Endo is a backup who plays the early rounds of the Europa and the domestic cups.
That's not what you originally said and secondly you are changing the goalposts. Not surprised. Carry on :wave

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #652 on: December 25, 2023, 10:47:09 pm »
Christmas day ..and still this 😂
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #653 on: December 26, 2023, 12:02:07 am »
Never mind Trent’s chance going begging, if the sodding refs had done the job they are paid to do and given this:

The game could have taken a whole different trajectory.
Robbed!

AGAIN!
That, is an alarming stat.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: December 26, 2023, 12:13:19 am »
That 'Big 6' doesn't include Aston Villa (3 pts, Home) and Newcastle (3 pts, away, with 10 men). And also includes the farcical Spurs game.

The biggest thing that has come from these Arsenal and United draws is how everyone now has a stupid hot-take as to why we aren't challenging this year.

Pretty much every god damn reason you can use for Liverpool not challenging can be levied at anyone else who's still in the mix.

The traditional big six I assume was meant.

Nevertheless…stats don’t lie….these are the games where we can damage a rival.

I agree, we were robbed v Chelsea, Spurs.

Offline Red Giant

• da red giant asshole
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #655 on: December 26, 2023, 12:34:15 am »
We were obviously the better team and should have won.
Arsenal had only one good chance after they scored and I am convinced Saka was offside.
We still have some very good players to come back which will help for the second part of the season - Jota, Robbo, McAllister, Thiago, Bajcetic.
Anyone writing us off for the title need a reality check because we are not going away and every team is dropping points and I believe that will continue throughout the season.
With that said, Nunez and Diaz should wake up as we cant rely only on Salah to score the important goals.
Up the Reds!

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #656 on: December 26, 2023, 12:38:29 am »
Robbed!

AGAIN!That, is an alarming stat.
Got to be objective, looks similar to Trents against City back in our title winning season.
Seen us win everything

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #657 on: December 26, 2023, 02:04:31 am »
AGAIN!That, is an alarming stat.

Is it really though? 4 out of 15 points sounds bad, but at the end of the day, that's 4 draws and one loss (that shouldn't have been). It also means that in those games, all the other teams except Spurs only got 1 point. And still we're very much in the title picture. None of this means anything about our chances of actually winning the title. Not when the other contendors are having a difficult time as well. I think we can all see with our eyes, that this team is far from the finished article, but this panicking about stuff that's actually not really that bad, if you look at the bigger picture, is exactly what Klopp was talking about in his comment about the 0-0 against Man Utd. It was a bad result, but we're still in a great position overall and that's what we should be focussing on.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #658 on: December 26, 2023, 07:13:21 am »

The only games in which we could damage a rival are City and Arsenal, both draws.

The historical 'top 6' is a bit of a weird metric to compare performance on. That's why we have the APTL thread.
:D

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #659 on: December 26, 2023, 08:04:59 am »

And Arsenal... its almost a pattern.
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: December 26, 2023, 09:22:50 am »

partly due to VAR. i know its an excuse but the decisions the men in the middle make were unexcusable. The handball vs arsenal. The diaz phantom goal. we were lucky that we beat newcastle with 10 men. Reminder that we basically were playing with 10 men in almost every game during the start of the season when we got players sent off for even the smallest of fouls. how is that possible when we had the best disciplinary record for almost every year under klopp. fucking c*nts in black deserve a one way trip to gaza.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: December 26, 2023, 10:25:01 am »

Thank you for this.

People take a metric like "the traditional top six" and run with it. We drop points against teams that park the bus. But we must be pick up points somewhere as we're second.

On Saturday we saw our respective attacks against the two best defences in the league. Apparently our attack is mis-firing and we should look to strengthen. Yet I saw Mo waltz passed their left back (imagine that happened to Trent. We'd never hear the end of it) and then bang it in passed their mediocre keeper. They scored off a set piece and created next to nothing.

Your last line is spot on. No team is perfect. We're doing okay and will get better as our players return from injury.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: December 26, 2023, 11:04:08 am »

Man Utd will be on EPO, inhalers and blood from spanish/italian doctors by then

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #663 on: December 26, 2023, 12:54:09 pm »
Thank you for this.

People take a metric like "the traditional top six" and run with it. We drop points against teams that park the bus. But we must be pick up points somewhere as we're second.

On Saturday we saw our respective attacks against the two best defences in the league. Apparently our attack is mis-firing and we should look to strengthen. Yet I saw Mo waltz passed their left back (imagine that happened to Trent. We'd never hear the end of it) and then bang it in passed their mediocre keeper. They scored off a set piece and created next to nothing.

Your last line is spot on. No team is perfect. We're doing okay and will get better as our players return from injury.
We dropped points against Arsenal, United, Chelsea, City, lost at Spurs...
The big six are capable of lifting their games against us and they have good players.I don't care about Villa cause they're still building.

Our problem isn't that they supposedly defended well. No, they were all shit defensively. Our problem is that our attack is blunt against anything decent. Jota can't come back soon enough.
One part of that venerable attack that would've walked the league this season. Arsenal are shit. An attack with one or two of Mane,  prime Mo,  Firmino, Jota in there would've ripped this Arsenal team a new arsehole. I hope we get back to those standards.

WE dropped points. It's not City or United or Arsenal's so-called "brilliant" defense. I watched us have no clue about what to do in front of goal, and move the ball around like a bunch of snails in midfield... Avoiding the box like the plague.

Fair enough, we're rebuilding, but our attack is ineffective against the top teams. We need a rebuild there. We're lying on Mo to do everything, but he can't. Virgil keeps lumping the ball to him.. the midfield keeps passing to him and ignoring everyone else up front. We're not running and/or passing into the box enough. Devoid of any guile, something we had in abundance.
Instead- to everyone's frustration, we keep playing and passing the ball around in front of their back 4s and 5s. Rinse... Repeat.
Elliot comes on late all the time... It's a mess.

I've decided fuckit! I usually don't moan, but this season I want to. I want to have my day in court and my place in the sun. I  also want to let my frustrations fly. Tis the season to be salty!
Tired of being  one of the voices of reason and calm. Fuck dat!
For now.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 01:24:57 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #664 on: December 26, 2023, 01:27:17 pm »
The big six are capable of lifting their games against us and they have good players.I don't care about Villa cause they're still building.

Our problem isn't that they supposedly defended well. No, they were all shit defensively. Our problem is that our attack is blunt. Jota can't come back soon enough.

I agree with you that we should be scoring more but you could also argue:
Arsenal: Baffling non-penalty decision, Saka should have been sent off.
United: Baffling non-penalty decision (Shaw hand-ball)
Chelsea: A draw was fair.
City: A draw was fair
Spurs: Lost in the last second to an own goal after 1 clear goal chalked off and 2 players unfairly sent off.

Seems to me that the real reason we're not a 5-7 points out front of everyone else is a dearth of competent and unbiased refereeing, not our goal conversion rate.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #665 on: December 26, 2023, 01:36:27 pm »
I agree with you that we should be scoring more but you could also argue:
Arsenal: Baffling non-penalty decision, Saka should have been sent off.
United: Baffling non-penalty decision (Shaw hand-ball)
Chelsea: A draw was fair.
City: A draw was fair
Spurs: Lost in the last second to an own goal after 1 clear goal chalked off and 2 players unfairly sent off.

Seems to me that the real reason we're not a 5-7 points out front of everyone else is a dearth of competent and unbiased refereeing, not our goal conversion rate.
Spurs are off the table. That was a brilliant performance, but  we should've created more instead of relying on the c in black.

Our defense are writing checks our attack can't cash, and everyone's defenses are piss poor this season,  and it just so happens we're unable to cash in.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 01:38:38 pm by the_red_pill »

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: December 26, 2023, 01:36:39 pm »
And other teams aren't? The "big six" is totalyy arbitary when ManU are 8th and Chelsea 10th.
Our problem isn't that they supposedly defended well. No, they were all shit defensively. Our problem is that our attack is blunt. Jota can't come back soon enough.
One part of that venerable attack that would've walked the league this season. Arsenal are shit. An attack with one or two of Mane,  prime Mo,  Firmino, Jota in there would've ripped this Arsenal team a new arsehole. I hope we get back to those standards.
Arsenal are not shit. And they are not shit defensively. They cough up far less chances than ours. But our keeper is immense and theirs it mediocre. It's why we have the joint best defences in the league.
WE dropped points. It's not City or United or Arsenal's so-called "brilliant" defense. I watched us have no clue about what to do in front of goal, and move the ball around like a bunch of snails in midfield... Avoiding the box like the plague.
Against Arsenal? Try watching the game again sober.

Fair enough, we're rebuilding, but our attack is ineffective against the top teams. We need a rebuild there.
It's a mess.
It's just not. We're rebuilding whilst losing key components to our team; Jota, Robertson and Mac Allister. We haven't even seen Thiago.
I've decided fuckit! I usually don't moan, but this season I want to. I want to have my day in court and my place in the sun. I  also want to let my frustrations fly. Tis the season to be salty!
Tired of being  one of the voices of reason and calm. Fuck dat!
You're not  ;D Merry Christmas  :wave

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #667 on: December 26, 2023, 01:37:32 pm »
That's not what you originally said and secondly you are changing the goalposts. Not surprised. Carry on :wave

Bollocks here are the two posts.

The player who hasn't been picked is Endo.

When Jones has been fit he has been a regular first-team starter. Endo hasn't.

We play the first team in the League games and rotate heavily for the cup games.

When everyone is fit and available for the League games then Jones regularly gets picked to start games. As I said he is a viable option to start the important games.

Endo isn't. If MacAllister is fit and not suspended then he starts the League games.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #668 on: December 26, 2023, 01:44:54 pm »
And other teams aren't? The "big six" is totalyy arbitary when ManU are 8th and Chelsea 10th.Arsenal are not shit. And they are not shit defensively. They cough up far less chances than ours. But our keeper is immense and theirs it mediocre. It's why we have the joint best defences in the league.Against Arsenal? Try watching the game again sober.
It's just not. We're rebuilding whilst losing key components to our team; Jota, Robertson and Mac Allister. We haven't even seen Thiago.You're not  ;D Merry Christmas  :wave
Listen here .. I'm telling you that Arsenal are kak. Go tell em I said so! They're a kak team, man.
They should've ran away with this league by now.

They are dog's piss. City are in their worst campaign in a while and these can't even get it up. We're not doing so great either and they're r leading with what now? 1 POINT!

Don't Tell me about fucking Arsenal. They're a puddle of piss.
The day a Jürgen Klopp team use Arsenal as a standard... We might as well pack it in, go home and disband this team.

* Kak = dung/shit/excrement/ordure/droppings/faeces/manure/caca/
poop/stool/cack/muck/doo-doo
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 02:24:07 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: December 29, 2023, 12:24:07 pm »
From Dale Johnson's weekly VAR review: