Author Topic: Brentford  (Read 4126 times)

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Re: Brentford
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2023, 09:46:41 pm »
Everybody's being investigated and banned..................... yet........... City..

I would like to see them getting "suspended from all and any football-related activity"... for AT LEAST a season + relegation + fines + docked points for every season since Abu Dhabi!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 09:51:04 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2023, 01:57:32 pm »
Signed Mark Flekken from Freiburg for £11m. They've got to be confident in selling Raya

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2023, 05:24:58 pm »
They also signed Strakosha last summer, who was Lazio's number one for several seasons. Think they knew Raya's days were numbered at the club, for good reason.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2023, 05:29:56 pm »
Think they knew Raya's days were numbered at the club, for good reason.

I doubt they get £40m for him. He'd one of the five most expensive keepers ever at that price.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2023, 05:47:59 pm »
I doubt they get £40m for him. He'd one of the five most expensive keepers ever at that price.

Agreed. He's a very good keeper, but also only has one year left on his deal. I'm sure Brentford would happily take around half that amount instead of letting him go on a free next summer.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #45 on: June 1, 2023, 09:22:09 am »
Former Leicester Women's manager Lydia Bedford will become Brentford men's U18s boss.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2023, 10:40:30 pm »
Their replacement for Raya is rank.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2023, 08:37:38 pm »
The Football Association is facing claims of double standards after a Guardian investigation revealed that the owner of a Premier League club may have benefited from bets on the game placed in his own name.

The disclosures involve Matthew Benham, the owner of the Premier League club Brentford FC, whose star striker, Ivan Toney, is serving an eight-month suspension for breaking the FA’s strict gambling rules.

Benham is one of a select few multimillionaire club owners who enjoy an opaque arrangement with the FA that allows them to be involved in betting. The Guardian has seen evidence that appears to show that Benham has made money from bets on football placed in his own name, via a UK-based gambling syndicate called MSPP Admin. Benham said he abides by all FA betting rules.

The governing body prohibits anyone involved in football from betting on any match, anywhere in the world, under laws designed to protect the integrity of the sport, resulting in tough penalties for footballers, including the England striker Toney.

The FA is now facing calls to reveal the full terms of its deal with the owners, which has been in place for a decade. Other proprietors that the FA allows to run a betting business while owning a football club include the Coates family behind Bet365 and Stoke City, and the Brighton owner Tony Bloom. There is no suggestion that any of them have benefited from bets placed in their own name.
More here: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/sep/24/fa-brentford-owner-football-betting

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2023, 03:43:32 pm »
Having a rare case of third season syndrome it seems. Only won once in the League so far. Obviously without Toney until January and there’s talk they may sell him then. Raya has gone to Arsenal, Rico He runs out for the season and confirmed today that record signing Kevin Schade (who has flattered to deceive a little bit does have some pace and cutting edge) is out for months.

All in all having a tough time of things and looking a pale shadow of the team they were on the last couple of seasons, as seen with their poor performance at home to Everton. I think they’ll be fine, there’s still a few poorer sides in the league but for now they may have hit their ceiling. Key will be how Toney returns, or how well they identify any possible replacements if they do sell him.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2023, 03:49:27 pm »
Maybe Brentford needs some emergency loans. Who can we send them to try and make sure Everton go down instead?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2024, 02:06:43 pm »
Absolute yard dogs. As bad as anything peak Stoke and Burnley offered up. They may even be worse because they've added diving and theatrics to their game as well.

Looking at the table and they'll probably stay up but I genuinely hope they go down as they're one of those clubs that isn't coming back up a long time if they did.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2024, 02:13:26 pm »
Absolute yard dogs. As bad as anything peak Stoke and Burnley offered up. They may even be worse because they've added diving and theatrics to their game as well.

Looking at the table and they'll probably stay up but I genuinely hope they go down as they're one of those clubs that isn't coming back up a long time if they did.

Burnley were always just as bad with the diving. It's a part of that team people forget about - happy to be dirty in the tackle but go down whinging as soon as they get anything against them.

It is the whole tactic for the plucky underdog - they can be rough because it is just the underdog, but if they go down "Well they are a tough bunch, if they are down it MUST be a foul"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2024, 02:13:35 pm »

Maupay should've been booked twice for diving.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2024, 02:43:01 pm »
Like I said in the match thread - how much did Boehly offer them?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2024, 02:44:29 pm »
They didn't come to play today, simple as that.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2024, 02:54:22 pm »
Let's not appoint him or buy Toney please

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2024, 02:55:44 pm »
Maupay should've been booked twice for diving.

Let's see how many free-kicks they get against Man City next Tuesday.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.