Author Topic: Sky Sports  (Read 317562 times)

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Sky Sports
« Reply #3640 on: December 4, 2023, 09:38:41 pm »
If Sky won 4 of the 5 packages and TNT basically get the 5th package which is Saturday 12:30 kick offs and two midweek rounds.. does that mean they essentially removed the package Amazon currently has? As in they've merged it with the current TNT package?

Sounds dodgy if so.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3641 on: December 4, 2023, 09:42:10 pm »
If Sky won 4 of the 5 packages and TNT basically get the 5th package which is Saturday 12:30 kick offs and two midweek rounds.. does that mean they essentially removed the package Amazon currently has? As in they've merged it with the current TNT package?

Sounds dodgy if so.

It’s a conspirabentcy. Tellin ye.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #3642 on: December 4, 2023, 10:04:56 pm »

Sounds dodgy if so.
they reduced the number of packages available from, seven or maybe eight last time to 5 and they weren't allowed to sell them all to one broadcaster due to competition rules.

Last time there was a competitive process for the rights, two of the packages didn't get sold and Amazon picked one up on the cheap and BT the other (20 midweek games per package).

Not really arsed who has the games, don't subscribe to either channel, a bit disappointed Amazon have lost out as I do have a Prime Subscription but there's plenty of ways to watch games.

You watch subscriptions go through the roof again after this announcement, robbing fuckers
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #3643 on: December 5, 2023, 12:05:36 am »
Sky Sports News has always been bad, but now it seems to be more news about Sky Sports. Whenever I catch a few minutes, it's about Sky Sports or upcoming events or talking heads with a Sky commentator or presenter. Other than the ticker there's little actual news.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3644 on: December 5, 2023, 03:02:23 am »
they reduced the number of packages available from, seven or maybe eight last time to 5 and they weren't allowed to sell them all to one broadcaster due to competition rules.

Last time there was a competitive process for the rights, two of the packages didn't get sold and Amazon picked one up on the cheap and BT the other (20 midweek games per package).

Not really arsed who has the games, don't subscribe to either channel, a bit disappointed Amazon have lost out as I do have a Prime Subscription but there's plenty of ways to watch games.

You watch subscriptions go through the roof again after this announcement, robbing fuckers

If anyone remembers, on the last round of rights, 7 packages went to auction only the first 5 packages were sold, the last 2 packages didn't sell, & the premier league ended up having to flog them off, & asked Amazon to take one of the packages, then asked BT Sports [as they were then] to take the other package, as no one else made a bid for those 2 packages, i believe Amazon are not interested in showing the premier league, & didn't even bother bidding for the rights.

At least one thing, all the Sunday 2pm kickoffs will be live from 25/26 season.
#Sausages

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3645 on: December 5, 2023, 07:39:03 am »
It wasn't really needed but it provides further evidence that football genuinely peaked in the UK sometime in the first half of the last decade. Everything since has effectively been a plateau. Streaming probably accounts for most of that but the collapse in youth participation/ interest is probably now going to start to become the dominant factor.

They'll be bailed out again by increases to overseas rights for this next cycle but even that growth looks finite.

The clubs must be getting genuinely worried at this point. How do you sustain, let alone grow income in the 2030's in an environment where the next generation are significantly less hooked on the basic product? Almost every type of income is contingent on that cultural relevance.

Big clubs obviously have the theoretical potential to generate more from less, by selling their broadcast rights directly, or by jumping in to an alternative competition that involves less redistribution, but their ineptitude at the last attempt has probably closed that off indefinitely. A premier League streaming service might help but even that can't outrun basic demographics for long.

On the plus side: we carry fairly little debt and have more income potential than most, so we should be able to watch others sink around us first

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3646 on: December 5, 2023, 11:47:37 am »
It wasn't really needed but it provides further evidence that football genuinely peaked in the UK sometime in the first half of the last decade. Everything since has effectively been a plateau. Streaming probably accounts for most of that but the collapse in youth participation/ interest is probably now going to start to become the dominant factor.

They'll be bailed out again by increases to overseas rights for this next cycle but even that growth looks finite.

The clubs must be getting genuinely worried at this point. How do you sustain, let alone grow income in the 2030's in an environment where the next generation are significantly less hooked on the basic product? Almost every type of income is contingent on that cultural relevance.

Big clubs obviously have the theoretical potential to generate more from less, by selling their broadcast rights directly, or by jumping in to an alternative competition that involves less redistribution, but their ineptitude at the last attempt has probably closed that off indefinitely. A premier League streaming service might help but even that can't outrun basic demographics for long.

On the plus side: we carry fairly little debt and have more income potential than most, so we should be able to watch others sink around us first

Even match income seems reliant on older generations (high average age of matchgoer at most grounds). Yet they seem determined to drive people away with bollocks like VAR which nobody wants, not to mention state owned clubs being allowed. It'll reach a tipping point in probably the next cycle.

Younger people just don't have the disposable incomes for things like £1000 season tickets (or eagerness to pay it) and aren't taking out Sky subscriptions. They do everything on their phone or stream, or their interaction with football is more via FIFA. Plus much lowered attention spans to actually watch a 90-100+ minute football match. The smart phone reduces everything to moments.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2023, 11:55:56 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3647 on: December 5, 2023, 11:52:54 am »
Hate everything about their football coverage and how over the top it is plus Gary Neville is the worst co-commentator that I can remember his bias is shocking that as soon as I hear his voice I have to mute the television.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2023, 11:56:33 am by Vegeta »
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3648 on: December 5, 2023, 11:53:57 am »
Hate everything about their football coverage and how over the top it is plus Gary Neville is the worst co-commentator that I can remember his bias is shocking that as soon as I hear his voice I have to mute the television.

Sky have dumbed down near enough every year since the days of Keys and Gray. Neville made a bit of an effort originally but paired with Carragher they're worse than even those two ever were. I refuse to listen to any of it.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #3649 on: December 5, 2023, 11:58:00 am »
Sky have dumbed down near enough every year since the days of Keys and Gray. Neville made a bit of an effort originally but paired with Carragher they're worse than even those two ever were. I refuse to listen to any of it.

It's gone from actual discussion to sound bites and soap drama with characters they've made of themselves for clicks. The over the top fake laughter is  :butt

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #3650 on: December 6, 2023, 03:52:06 pm »
What is the standard price of a package that provides sky sports (not  special offer)

I assume with 215 of the 380 games this will rise in price (TNT have 52 so 267 in total) and expect ticket prices to rise as well

Bubble getting bigger

That's about £6m per game, in contrast the whole of Rugby League gets £20m a year (and it's probably better to watch except for watching us)
« Last Edit: December 6, 2023, 04:00:19 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3651 on: December 6, 2023, 05:23:11 pm »
Even match income seems reliant on older generations (high average age of matchgoer at most grounds). Yet they seem determined to drive people away with bollocks like VAR which nobody wants, not to mention state owned clubs being allowed. It'll reach a tipping point in probably the next cycle.

Younger people just don't have the disposable incomes for things like £1000 season tickets (or eagerness to pay it) and aren't taking out Sky subscriptions. They do everything on their phone or stream, or their interaction with football is more via FIFA. Plus much lowered attention spans to actually watch a 90-100+ minute football match. The smart phone reduces everything to moments.

My two love going the game, both keep moaning at me that I haven't had my ST yet, they both want it when I do get it, they constantly moan when they aren't going the game and they watch every LFC game they can, Sky TNT or me finding a stream. They have mates who go to watch City or Utd all the time, there is still a massive appetite for football in the younger generation - there's loads of younger ones near us in the Kop.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Bob Harris

• Main Stander
  • "for relaxing times, make it suntory time"
« Reply #3652 on: December 6, 2023, 06:19:02 pm »
What is the standard price of a package that provides sky sports (not  special offer)

I assume with 215 of the 380 games this will rise in price (TNT have 52 so 267 in total) and expect ticket prices to rise as well

Bubble getting bigger

That's about £6m per game, in contrast the whole of Rugby League gets £20m a year (and it's probably better to watch except for watching us)

Rugby league best sport in the world

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #3653 on: December 6, 2023, 06:57:37 pm »

Do you have to pay in one go or can you spread the payments out?

The younger generation these days love subscribing to things on finance such as cars, phones, jewellery and even clothes. If they could spread the cost out over the season with some sort of contract, I'd bet they'd have more demand from younger people.