Poll

What do we think?

Yes.
No.

Author Topic: Have the PGMOL got something to hide?  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Have the PGMOL got something to hide?
« on: October 2, 2023, 11:26:25 pm »
Just yes and no. Sorry. This isn't a sit on the fence moment in the sport we used to love.

Sorry x
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Jambo Power

• Legacy Fan
Re: Have the PGMOL got something to hide?
« Reply #1 on: October 2, 2023, 11:37:09 pm »
I voted No but there is a caveat.If its pertaining to corruption, i dont believe so. But I do think they would like to hide the incompetence.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2 on: October 2, 2023, 11:40:36 pm »
I voted No but there is a caveat.If its pertaining to corruption, i dont believe so. But I do think they would like to hide the incompetence.

Fucking read the question. It was do they have something to hide, not fucking 30 fucking questions with Quentin Tarrentino and his special rodeo guest juggling cantaloupes.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3 on: October 2, 2023, 11:44:47 pm »

"Ah con confarm that the question was as-a-stated with no attachments. Just vote yes or no."

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4 on: October 2, 2023, 11:51:24 pm »
How anyone can have watched the fallout of Jurgen speaking up last year, Robbo being elbowed in the face with nothing happening and the performance of that same referee when we were home to Villa last year and then add last weekend to it and think they’re not corrupt is beyond me.

Offline Jambo Power

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 3, 2023, 01:19:45 am »
Fucking read the question. It was do they have something to hide, not fucking 30 fucking questions with Quentin Tarrentino and his special rodeo guest juggling cantaloupes.

I did read the question and understood you werent actually putting another option other than yes or no in the poll. Then i wrote a reply with a caveat which clearly stated that i was contradicting myself. ;D

Can i change my vote? Or can some other uptight, nothing else to do, frustrated prick do it for me? Apologies in advance.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #6 on: October 3, 2023, 01:20:06 am »
PGMOL have the exact same aura as police who think they can do whatever they want.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #7 on: October 3, 2023, 01:26:02 am »
in seriousness, is there somewhere toi discuss PGMOL on here? Everything is locked

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 3, 2023, 02:02:11 am »
in seriousness, is there somewhere toi discuss PGMOL on here? Everything is locked

Everything?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #9 on: October 3, 2023, 02:06:10 am »

There might be a reason the spurs game thread is 70+ pages ;)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: October 3, 2023, 02:06:23 am »

In the Spurs match day thread.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 3, 2023, 02:53:52 am »
PGMOL have the exact same aura as police who think they can do whatever they want.

Exactly!
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 3, 2023, 05:58:34 am »
yes, when VAR was first introduced they should the lines being drawn...seen it on a few occasions where they re-drawn the lines until the result was different.  This started getting pointed out and they suddenly decided not so show them being drawn again.

They should draw one line and then it disappears, and then draw the other.  Then there is no unconscious bias involved in the process.

But that is just one thing in a whole list of issues with VAR.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 3, 2023, 08:08:58 am »
Yes.

Ex SYP copper running it, it's just like the SYP, West Midlands Serious Crime Squad, The SPG and the MET - its one fucking huge cover up of lies and corruption.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 3, 2023, 08:37:41 am »
Except police don't fine people who criticize them.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 3, 2023, 09:11:20 am »
Is it even in doubt?

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 3, 2023, 09:19:34 am »
Suggestions that they're divided about releasing the audio, so clearly they're not going to look good. I think we'll see VAR not paying attention. They didn't notice that an offside had been given, they didn't realise that they had a decision to make, and it took them 7 seconds to realise that the game had restarted from a free-kick and not a kick-off, which is a long time really.

They'll have to release something, so my bet is that they'll trim it down to a few seconds long, you'll hear England say 'check complete' and that's it. Then they'll dress it up and say that it was a miscommunication and they'll change protocols so that they have to use phrases like 'check complete, player is onside' and the ref has to repeat it back (I don't know what that's not a thing already anyway). They'll completely ignore the fact that they clearly weren't paying attention.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 3, 2023, 09:32:37 am »
Suggestions that they're divided about releasing the audio, so clearly they're not going to look good. I think we'll see VAR not paying attention. They didn't notice that an offside had been given, they didn't realise that they had a decision to make, and it took them 7 seconds to realise that the game had restarted from a free-kick and not a kick-off, which is a long time really.

They'll have to release something, so my bet is that they'll trim it down to a few seconds long, you'll hear England say 'check complete' and that's it. Then they'll dress it up and say that it was a miscommunication and they'll change protocols so that they have to use phrases like 'check complete, player is onside' and the ref has to repeat it back (I don't know what that's not a thing already anyway). They'll completely ignore the fact that they clearly weren't paying attention.

Don't know if it's true obviously because largely speculation until they release it, but on MNF they said that while the check was going on they weren't speaking to the ref and the ref couldn't hear what was going on in the VAR room. The audio they have released in the past, you've been able to hear them talking to the ref and saying what they were looking at. On comms, Neville said similar, he couldn't hear what they were saying only 'check complete'.

The timing is interesting, will have to watch it back to see what was going on, cos I remember the game stopping and it going to VAR and it felt really fast and suddenly a still appeared with no lines and we were off again.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 3, 2023, 09:35:45 am »
Yes they have something to hide. It's only a matter of what - incompetence, bias, corruption, or a combination of all three?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #19 on: October 3, 2023, 09:45:54 am »
There might be a reason the spurs game thread is 70+ pages ;)
Going strong on 90+ now

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #20 on: October 3, 2023, 09:47:40 am »
Yes they have something to hide. It's only a matter of what - incompetence, bias, corruption, or a combination of all three?

14 errors in 45 rounds of games speaks volumes of incompetence.

Results of 14 games were possibly wrong. That says something.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 3, 2023, 10:08:19 am »
14 errors in 45 rounds of games speaks volumes of incompetence.

Results of 14 games were possibly wrong. That says something.

Yet the cliche is "The table never lies"

Well it does doesn't it.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 3, 2023, 10:11:30 am »
There's a reason for that. Webb is an ex-copper.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #23 on: October 3, 2023, 10:12:47 am »

Oh stop complaining. They thoroughly investigate themselves if enough of a fuss is made. What more do you want?

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 3, 2023, 10:17:08 am »
Except police don't fine people who criticize them.
Next time you get pulled over for something inconsequential because of the type of car you drive and/or the colour of your skin, tell them what a shit job they're doing, and see how that goes.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #25 on: October 3, 2023, 10:34:06 am »
Next time you get pulled over for something inconsequential because of the type of car you drive and/or the colour of your skin, tell them what a shit job they're doing, and see how that goes.

It would probably end up with you been arrested, And so it should do too.

The majority of police do a great job under very difficult circumstances.

As for the refs, Yeah they are shite.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 3, 2023, 10:53:25 am »
It would probably end up with you been arrested, And so it should do too.

The majority of police do a great job under very difficult circumstances.

As for the refs, Yeah they are shite.
I think the same goes for refs.  Most do a great job in a role where both sets of players are constantly trying to get away with things, exaggerating the actions of their opponents and claiming for everything even when they know full well it's not theirs.  The level of attempted cheating is off the charts.

Jones's red card on Saturday and Mac Allister's against Bournemouth were helped along by the ridiculous overreactions of Bissouma and Christie.  Bissouma lept, rolled around, stayed down, did everything he could to encourage the view that it was a really dangerous tackle.  When the ref came back on after looking at the VAR footage though you can see he recovers sufficiently to sit up and watch the decision.  30 seconds later he's fine and running around like nothing happened.  That's not specific to Bissouma as it's just endemic throughout football and the refs have to constantly work out what's genuine and what's acting.

VAR was supposed to be the safety net to help the on-pitch officials but, for whatever, reason it's just not working properly.  With my conspiracy hat on it feels like too often the footage is viewed with a pre-determined outcome that the VAR officials then try to find the right footage to support, and it does seem to be club specific.

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 3, 2023, 10:57:51 am »
The Jones red was more subjective but just as dodgy, showing a static image that looks much worse than it actually was.  The VAR knew what they were doing with that IMO.