Author Topic: Has your accent changed ?  (Read 9272 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Has your accent changed ?
« Reply #120 on: September 7, 2023, 12:12:06 pm »
My uncle moved to Australia around 20 years ago. He still sounds Scouse-ish, but intonates like an Aussie at the end of all his sentences.

His kids also have an Aussie accent, growing up in a half-Scouse half-Japanese household!

That end of sentence intonation is impossible to avoid! I lived there for a year (maybe about 9 months actually) and when I came back and got a taxi back from the airport the driver asked if I was Australian. The flamin’ galah.

Online Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: September 7, 2023, 04:45:31 pm »
My accent is all over the shop,not really American defo not Boston but i use the slang and phrasings.I work with a guy from Mayo and sometimes a Kerryman so pick up  some of that,long time back i had a room mate and worked with a guy from Liverpool which comes out when i drink and talk football.I grew up in leafy Bucks but have been told 'i'll be on the first plane back to Dublin!I spent 6 months in Australia and that was an easy accent to pick up but not so the generic American one.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2023, 08:03:24 am »
I originate from Preston. Lived in London for 9 years and been in Australia for the last 23 years.

Most people think I still sound northern English but the odd one has noticed a slight Aussie ‘twang’

*shrug*
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2023, 10:58:23 am »
Speaking of accents I was in Edinburgh last Saturday and while there boarded a tram and had a look around Leith which is a fabulous place. Any way I'm walking around shooting video clips using my GoPro camera and this guy asked what I was up to. I told him then asked if he wanted to be in my video and he said "aye".

I said "ok then I'll walk towards you and when I stop I'll stick my thumb up and when I do just say whatever you want.

PS, I told him that my YouTube channel name was Luke Honeythunder.  :D

PPS I didn't tell him what to say, he just came out with it.    ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcEH2xoqfKo

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2023, 11:31:13 am »
Speaking of accents I was in Edinburgh last Saturday and while there boarded a tram and had a look around Leith which is a fabulous place. Any way I'm walking around shooting video clips using my GoPro camera and this guy asked what I was up to. I told him then asked if he wanted to be in my video and he said "aye".

I said "ok then I'll walk towards you and when I stop I'll stick my thumb up and when I do just say whatever you want.

Thats boss ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2023, 03:03:20 pm »

Brilliant.