Author Topic: UK General Election - July 4th, here we go folks.  (Read 95776 times)

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Re: UK General Election - July 4th, here we go folks.
« Reply #4440 on: Today at 01:44:52 pm »
@NoContextBrits

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #4441 on: Today at 01:45:07 pm »
If Sunak was deliberately trying to tank the election and have the Tories completely wiped out would it look any different to what he’s actually been doing?

I don’t think any of us could have done a better job of destroying them.

Has he got a massive bet on or something? He plans to make a load of money of out the Tories collapsing like he did when world economy almost totally collapsed?

He's either gone for the short end of a spread bet on Tory seats or bet on under 100. It's the only explanation.
I listened to the 'apology' in the car.  And I'm probably the most tory symapthetic ear on Rawk and even I thought it was a car crash.  Someone did say politicians now just repeat the same thing over to all the questions as they know there will be a soundbite and that's what will be broadcast. But his was word for word.  It could have been AI.  I think it was a sky news interviewer , but even he commented to Rishi, that he sounded more exasperated than sorry. And that's how it came across.  I sort of understand why he might not be there. As head of state , the King being there would be 'sufficient'. 
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4442 on: Today at 01:51:07 pm »
Even Truss stayed longer
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #4443 on: Today at 01:52:15 pm »
This D-day fuck up is good for Labour but, if I was to channel my inner formola, I would say its even better for Reform.

In the short run though even that helps Labour, in the long run its far from ideal

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4444 on: Today at 02:22:45 pm »
There is a rumour going round that Sunaks Chief SPAD is Dianne Abbott.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4445 on: Today at 02:22:59 pm »
He's either gone for the short end of a spread bet on Tory seats or bet on under 100. It's the only explanation.
I listened to the 'apology' in the car.  And I'm probably the most tory symapthetic ear on Rawk and even I thought it was a car crash.  Someone did say politicians now just repeat the same thing over to all the questions as they know there will be a soundbite and that's what will be broadcast. But his was word for word.  It could have been AI.  I think it was a sky news interviewer , but even he commented to Rishi, that he sounded more exasperated than sorry. And that's how it came across.  I sort of understand why he might not be there. As head of state , the King being there would be 'sufficient'.
Most of you have probably already seen it. But for the few like me who hadn't/haven't:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Y3aX78fn0hM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Y3aX78fn0hM</a>

He has no political instincts. How did he ever become an MP, let alone PM?
« Last Edit: Today at 04:13:32 pm by Jiminy Cricket »
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4446 on: Today at 02:24:04 pm »

I don't think this can be true. She'd be helping labour too much.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4447 on: Today at 02:32:49 pm »
What a day it has been! Election cock up galore!

It’s hard to imagine how they could have done worse isn’t it?  Bravo!!!

Encore!!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4448 on: Today at 02:38:02 pm »
Let go of me old man; I'll be late for my interview with ITV.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4449 on: Today at 02:39:41 pm »
Remember when some Tories thought they could oust Sunak and rescind the election call before parliament was dissolved?

Yeah. They're THAT thick. Stuff like this only confirms it.

The next round of polls is going to be funny as fuck.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4450 on: Today at 02:43:22 pm »
@NoContextBrits

:D

Most of you have probably already seen it. But for the few like me who hadn't/haven't:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Y3aX78fn0hM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Y3aX78fn0hM</a>

He has no political instincts. How did he ever become an PM, let alone PM?

I’d not heard of him until he became Chancellor (probably more my own ignorance), but think he got that position just because the amount of resignations and reshuffles in the earlier Johnson era. Maybe just that thing if people being promoted above their level of competence.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4451 on: Today at 02:48:35 pm »
Still think the Tories will do better than we think - but actually feel he might lose his own seat for this.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4452 on: Today at 02:48:56 pm »

"It's important we don't politicise this"... coming from the Tory party that went in two-footed on Corbyn because his poppy was deemed too small.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #4453 on: Today at 02:52:22 pm »
They'd crucify a labour PM for doing this.

I mean Michael Foot anyone? And that was based on the s*ns made up story (Uncle Albert shocked face)

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4454 on: Today at 02:54:00 pm »
:D

I’d not heard of him until he became Chancellor (probably more my own ignorance), but think he got that position just because the amount of resignations and reshuffles in the earlier Johnson era. Maybe just that thing if people being promoted above their level of competence.

Wasn't it Sunak's resignation that triggered Bozo's downfall?

Popcorn's Art

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4455 on: Today at 02:55:37 pm »

Think so. But he only became Chancellor after Javid resigned saying he couldn’t serve under Johnson - I think…been such a farcical few years it’s all a blur at this point!

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #4456 on: Today at 02:56:28 pm »
I just can't believe that any Prime Minister would be so fucking dense to think that they could leave commemorations early and it not go down well with anyone.

Apart from the fascists in his own party, probably.

It's bizarre.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #4457 on: Today at 02:56:41 pm »
Think so. But he only became Chancellor after Javid resigned saying he couldn’t serve under Johnson - I think…been such a farcical few years it’s all a blur at this point!

I think that's right - but like you it's all a terrible blur  ;D
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4458 on: Today at 02:58:42 pm »

Agree, I've kind of lost track myself!

I just can't believe that any Prime Minister would be so fucking dense to think that they could leave commemorations early and it not go down well with anyone.

Apart from the fascists in his own party, probably.

It's bizarre.

The irony is that it's the fascists in his own party who should be most offended.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4459 on: Today at 03:02:21 pm »

Today: "This is what you must say as an 'apology' Prime Minister - and you must deviate it from these words."

Yesterday: "This is your itinerary for D-Day Prime Minister - and you must not deviate from this schedule."

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4460 on: Today at 03:03:21 pm »

I think Javid went first followed by Sunak and this caused a lego effect.

Sunak took the blame from Johnsonites as he was the one who gained from it

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4461 on: Today at 03:04:57 pm »
Best for Britain
@BestForBritain
OH. WOW.😯

Chris Philp's defence of Sunak to
@sarahjolney1
: "Were YOU there yesterday, then?" 😬

A (quite rightly LIVID) Olney: "I'm not the PM. I'm not out there, in a foreign country, representing ALL of us."

This is turning into a bigger mess for Sunak, by the minute. ~AA

https://x.com/BestForBritain/status/1799069455538155834
#Sausages

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4462 on: Today at 03:10:00 pm »
:o

Where is the one Reform UK seat that they're forecasting?  Frottage or Tice?

30p Lee has a very strong chance in Ashfield. He’s actually very popular locally.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #4463 on: Today at 03:15:54 pm »
I think Javid went first followed by Sunak and this caused a lego effect.

Sunak took the blame from Johnsonites as he was the one who gained from it
I think Javid took the job but almost immediately resigned because Cummings sacked all his team, Sunak was happy to have Cummings' selected back room boys.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4464 on: Today at 03:19:03 pm »
I think Javid took the job but almost immediately resigned because Cummings sacked all his team, Sunak was happy to have Cummings' selected back room boys.

We were talking about the resignations that got rid of Bozo, I think you are referring to Javid resigning as chancellor

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4465 on: Today at 03:25:27 pm »
Best for Britain
@BestForBritain
OH. WOW.😯

Chris Philp's defence of Sunak to
@sarahjolney1
: "Were YOU there yesterday, then?" 😬

A (quite rightly LIVID) Olney: "I'm not the PM. I'm not out there, in a foreign country, representing ALL of us."

This is turning into a bigger mess for Sunak, by the minute. ~AA

https://x.com/BestForBritain/status/1799069455538155834

Sheer fucking arrogance of this lot.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #4466 on: Today at 03:26:52 pm »
We were talking about the resignations that got rid of Bozo, I think you are referring to Javid resigning as chancellor
I was indeed.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4467 on: Today at 03:33:14 pm »
Westminster Voting Intention:

LAB: 45% (-1)
CON: 20% (-1)
RFM: 15% (+2)
LDM: 10% (+2)
GRN: 5% (-1)
SNP: 3% (=)

Via @wethinkpolling, 6-7 Jun.
Changes w/ 30-31 May.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:02:11 pm by cornishscouser92 »
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Online cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4468 on: Today at 03:37:13 pm »
The Sunak D-Day will probably filter into the polling by the middle of next week I should think, if there's any effect.

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #4469 on: Today at 03:42:24 pm »
@NoContextBrits

This one sums the prick up.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4470 on: Today at 04:01:06 pm »
What are the chances of the ITV interview being a “Labour really are putting taxes up by £2000, we’re not lying. Honest.” car crash just to compound the whole thing?  If it’s not a Masterclass in statesmanship and election campaigning then the Tory MPs in the few remaining safe seats are likely to go thermonuclear on him.

He’s probably already cost Penny Mordaunt her Portsmouth seat as I think there’s quite a lot of military/ex-military in that constituency.  She’s got to stand on stage later and defend him live on telly while six others stick the boot in, and “we shouldn’t politicise D-Day” is not going to cut it as a response. She’ll be fuming.

It’s hilarious when you think about it.

Online cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4471 on: Today at 04:04:08 pm »
What are the chances of the ITV interview being a “Labour really are putting taxes up by £2000, we’re not lying. Honest.” car crash just to compound the whole thing?  If it’s not a Masterclass in statesmanship and election campaigning then the Tory MPs in the few remaining safe seats are likely to go thermonuclear on him.

He’s probably already cost Penny Mordaunt her Portsmouth seat as I think there’s quite a lot of military/ex-military in that constituency.  She’s got to stand on stage later and defend him live on telly while six others stick the boot in, and “we shouldn’t politicise D-Day” is not going to cut it as a response. She’ll be fuming.

It’s hilarious when you think about it.

Sunak and his advisors are horrendous are politics, so I wouldn't be shocked

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4472 on: Today at 04:22:27 pm »

We go live to Sunak's chief of election strategy

"Caw Caw"

Online cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4473 on: Today at 04:23:07 pm »

LAB: 46% (=)
CON: 25% (-2)
RFM: 11% (+1)
LDM: 9% (+1)
GRN: 6% (+1)
SNP: 3% (=)

Via @Moreincommon_, 5-7 Jun.
Changes w/ 1-3 Jun.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #4474 on: Today at 04:23:37 pm »
Penny Mordaunt is ex military herself and her dad was a paratrooper. She stood as leader of the house of commons and represented the government at the kings coronation.

If there is Tory that will have been hurt by what Sunak has done, it would be her.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4475 on: Today at 04:23:56 pm »
Today: "This is what you must say as an 'apology' Prime Minister - and you must deviate it from these words."

Yesterday: "This is your itinerary for D-Day Prime Minister - and you must not deviate from this schedule."
His explanation about the itinerary being drawn up before the election was announced makes no sense. None! Or am I missing something? I mean, either he always intended to leave early, or he changed plans (and left early) to go his ITV interview in a forlorn attempt to tidy up his previous huge gaff. The decision was always his. I find him absolutely loathsome.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4476 on: Today at 04:31:34 pm »

CON: 25% (-2)
RFM: 11% (+1)

Via @Moreincommon_, 5-7 Jun.
Changes w/ 1-3 Jun.
Moreincommon are definitely outliers in the polls with regards to the Con/Ref vote share.  Someone will have their methodology badly wrong or incredibly right here.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75