Author Topic: Premier League Fixtures 11th - 14th August  (Read 26351 times)

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Re: Premier League Fixtures 11th - 14th August
« Reply #880 on: August 14, 2023, 11:00:21 pm »
I don't know why the idea of the richest league in the world, filled with cheats, Saudi and gangster money, is bent is so absurd. Especially with scandals in Spain and Italy.

The insanity and danger the idea that you take corruption off the table no matter what the circumstance has only really just occurred to me this past 30 mins with Telekons post.

No problem believing a banker would commit fraud/insider trading, a politician would take cash for questions or take bungs, smeer opponents. But refs? oh no, they wouldnt do that

and Im a recently qualified referee btw
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #881 on: August 14, 2023, 11:01:54 pm »
Thing is, they will check a foul, after a yellow card has been given and tell the ref to give a red. How come clear and obvious isn't used there? Pogba on Naby, Taylor iirc gave a yellow, he could easily say from his angle it looked no worse than a yellow card offence, so how come that can be overruled, but a blatant penalty being missed can't?

Because it was already 5-0 and nobody liked Pogba anyway.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #882 on: August 14, 2023, 11:02:16 pm »
The refs have absolute power on the pitch. How does that saying go again?

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #883 on: August 14, 2023, 11:06:17 pm »
I hope you understand that what you're suggesting is not just conspiracy theory territory, it is a conspiracy theory. That the refs and the VAR receives money for making decisions for United. That's flat out crazy land.

You've got an industry in this country worth billions all in all and you don't think despite that being the case any form of corruption could occur? Especially when it involves one of the biggest clubs in the world and one of the biggest cash cows for said industry?

You can call it incompetence and bury your head in the sand if you wish but that will get you nowhere. Some decisions are close, some are debatable, some are even harsh one way or another but you can see the arguments either way. Decisions like the one tonight do not and cannot fall under any of those categories. And if you want to say the referee or VAR officials bottled it then you have to ask why they bottled it, and what caused them to bottle it and what played a part in their bias? And then you still won't call that corruption, albeit it in a slightly different form?

The officials in this country are poor. They have been for years and I concede that. But sometimes it goes way beyond that.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #884 on: August 14, 2023, 11:08:11 pm »
I don't have the energy to get angry about these things any more.

I'm just so tired.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #885 on: August 14, 2023, 11:14:40 pm »
Ah they've admitted they got it wrong and it was a penalty. Thats alright then lads, i mean we all fucking saw it at the time as it was as clear as they come.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #886 on: August 14, 2023, 11:15:20 pm »
I don't have the energy to get angry about these things any more.

I'm just so tired.

Boring isn't it

It's the first game if the new season. There will be many slings and arrows in between , bad decisions for and against

But I fully expect those 2 points to be vital to United

Jurgen Klopp

Online telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #887 on: August 14, 2023, 11:16:54 pm »
You've got an industry in this country worth billions all in all and you don't think despite that being the case any form of corruption could occur? Especially when it involves one of the biggest clubs in the world and one of the biggest cash cows for said industry?

You can call it incompetence and bury your head in the sand if you wish but that will get you nowhere. Some decisions are close, some are debatable, some are even harsh one way or another but you can see the arguments either way. Decisions like the one tonight do not and cannot fall under any of those categories. And if you want to say the referee or VAR officials bottled it then you have to ask why they bottled it, and what caused them to bottle it and what played a part in their bias? And then you still won't call that corruption, albeit it in a slightly different form?

The officials in this country are poor. They have been for years and I concede that. But sometimes it goes way beyond that.

I've been saying that I don't believe the refs are corrupt. Corrupt here in the regular sense of the word - fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery - that they get money to get decisions that benefit United.

Are they bias? In the 96th minute at OT? Most likely.
Are they inept c*nts? Definitely.
Are they bribed? Like fuck they are.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #888 on: August 14, 2023, 11:20:04 pm »
I've been saying that I don't believe the refs are corrupt. Corrupt here in the regular sense of the word - fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery - that they get money to get decisions that benefit United.

I wouldn't be so sure on the last one. We'll obviously agree to disagree. It has happened in other leagues but the thought of it happening over here is a complete no? I can't be that sure. Not when the decisions being made (and not being made) are so egregiously bad.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #889 on: August 14, 2023, 11:20:36 pm »

And your confidence in that is on what basis?

I mean I believe its improbable, but as Ive already said, you cant just whip that off the table out of pure trust. You havent addressed that idea

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #890 on: August 14, 2023, 11:29:23 pm »
What makes it worse now for them is VAR.

I mean as a referee myself I would forgive myself for not seeing that and just seeing it as a coming together. But for it to be pawed over in slow motion and seen frame by frame? They arent even the ones on the pitch in the 96th minute at Old Trafford having to deal with any sort of crowd pressure/player influence

Thats where I look at it and one eyebrow begins to raise

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #891 on: August 14, 2023, 11:33:50 pm »
Can someone check andy@allerton is ok?

He's too busy celebrating.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #892 on: August 15, 2023, 12:11:30 am »
The levy will break on this corruption eventually. You'd want to be a right stupid idiot to not see it's rife within the game.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #893 on: August 15, 2023, 01:00:34 am »
The levy will break on this corruption eventually. You'd want to be a right stupid idiot to not see it's rife within the game.

Yeah. Referees are the lowest paid people on the pitch. If anyone could be corrupted, it’s them. Players earn too much for bribes to be worth it.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #894 on: August 15, 2023, 01:19:53 am »
At what point does the excuse of being a shit ref cease to fly?
Football is a lie

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #895 on: August 15, 2023, 02:19:47 am »
Wow i missed the last 20 mins cause i went to the gym after they scored, couldn't bear the spawny 1 nil ness of it all, so i just went and looked to see what the fuss was about but i didn't expect THAT.

He basically knocks him out in the box wtf.

Day one. 2 free points to the manc's. Business as usual.

ah well at least they are pretty shit   
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online StigenKeegan

• Anny Roader
« Reply #896 on: August 15, 2023, 02:21:37 am »
I said this the other day but they need to scrap the ‘clear and obvious’ line - it’s so subjective. Look at it with a different pair of eyes, call the ref over to look pitch side if you must but don’t give leeway for a coward to say “oh, it wasn’t ‘that’ bad”.

Yeah they should scrap it. Otherwise some poor simple poster on a forum might suggest that the whole point of the subjectivity in the C&O line is exactly that it gives a cartel of corrupt biased cnuts license to do whatever the fuck they want and get away with it.

....oh....wait a minute...

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #897 on: August 15, 2023, 04:43:19 am »
No corruption, it simply wasn't Clear and Obvious[ly inconsistent with the preferred outcome]

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #898 on: August 15, 2023, 09:35:39 am »
So PGMOL come out an apologised to O'Neil saying it was a blatant pen. Shock horror
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #899 on: August 15, 2023, 09:52:11 am »
So PGMOL come out an apologised to O'Neil saying it was a blatant pen. Shock horror

I heard this earlier today.

Apologies are whitewashing. What we need is action from PGMOL.

The official or officials responsible should be stood down for a week or more. If there is no action we get to the point we are at the moment with officials able to make any decision they want with no fear of retribution.

It’s not isolated to the odd occasion. With Var in operation involving 2 officials watching multiple replays there is no excuse. For me it’s a case of the var officials looking for something in the replay to allow them to back up their co-referees decision as next week the roles will be reversed.

Surely the var team have got to be unconnected to the match day officials. It’s not working as it is.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #900 on: August 15, 2023, 09:58:55 am »
These c*nts are clearly and obviously cheating.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #901 on: August 15, 2023, 11:48:21 am »
Impressed by Wolves, its a case of Utd being shit and Wolves being decent on the day

Cunha was excellent