Author Topic: West Ham United vs Liverpool (Premier League) - 19:45, Wednesday 26th April  (Read 9021 times)

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
Konate picking up these niggling injuries constantly really reinforces the need for another top quality center back. Doubt we can play Trent the same way without Konate’s pace and power to support him.

Really frustrating as he is such a fantastic player, I hope his career doesn't go the way of someone like Agger, who never really fulfilled their potential due to the recurring time on the sidelines. Problem is, with these owners I have a feeling that we won't be signing a CB in the summer, but let's see....

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Rested as a precaution it said. Will be like a new signing when he returns in October.

:lmao :lmao
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
Really frustrating as he is such a fantastic player, I hope his career doesn't go the way of someone like Agger, who never really fulfilled their potential due to the recurring time on the sidelines. Problem is, with these owners I have a feeling that we won't be signing a CB in the summer, but let's see....

Or Ledley King.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
Matip isn't slow, he's actually pretty mobile. I don't see why the tactics would change with Konate out other than maybe needing to keep Robbo more reserved. Think it will be cagey or sluggish depending on viewpoint as Moyes never likes out and out attacking teams he thinks are better.

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
Or Ledley King.

To be honest, I may be exaggerating how many games he has been out injured, but it does seem like a lot at this point in his LFC career. Always seems to be little muscle pulls, too

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Konate didn't have a single injury last season
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
Will be interesting to see how we do away from home as its hot and cold these days with us. Jurgen seems to be set in his preferred 11 right now once all are fit and as i said before he rotates very little when things are going well.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan

True, but he also only started 26 games in all competitions and was regulalarly rotated throughout the season. I'm not suggesting that he was rotated a lot because of fitness - I think it's more likely we were trying to ease him in - but it may well be the case that he needs that rotation to stop him from breaking down. Last season is actually a bit of an outlier for him, injury-wise...

It's a concern.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bit perplexed about the midfield staying the same. Playing Robertson Henderson and Fabinho so many games in a row, all together, away from home when our squad is close to fully fit really hits home how Klopp doesn't have much faith in our squad players, and the need to change that urgently.

Would have thought some energy might have been a useful addition given we're playing a team with a half-decent midfield (and a physical presence), unlike against Forest and Leeds.

Pleased Carvalho makes the bench at least, in Konate's absence. Hope he gets some minutes, especially if there's any 'garbage time' - no point in that time going to old players.

On his recent performances we may as well have played Phillips than Matip.
The fuck? ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Konate picking up these niggling injuries constantly really reinforces the need for another top quality center back. Doubt we can play Trent the same way without Konate’s pace and power to support him.

I agree. Been saying we need a starter level CB for a while.

VVD - fading
Matip - glass and fading
Gomez - not great at CB
Konate - can only play 3/4 or 3/5 games.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Expecting West Ham to transform into prime Brazil for this ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite

Must just be my mind playing tricks on me, think I've been listening to too much Geto Boys

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
Let's hammers these lot
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Rested as a precaution it said. Will be like a new signing when he returns in October.

Might not want to take a risk of an injury but we have to win tonight to keep any top 4 hopes alive, so if we lose tonight we may as well rest him for the next games as well.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just win Reds

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan

Gomez/Matip.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Klopp said on BT that the lineup staying the same because it's still the early stages of implementing these new ideas/new system.

But then said we'll have to make changes in other games, so I guess rotating for Spurs (feel like I'd have played our older more physically deficient players in the home game, with some rest, rather that expect them to finally perform better away from home after all these games back to back)

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
I’m fine with the team they play up to a decent level and we’ve got a good chance of the 3 points. They don’t, then we have good options on the bench.

Let’s go Reds
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
I’m fine with the team they play up to a decent level and we’ve got a good chance of the 3 points. They don’t, then we have good options on the bench.

Let’s go Reds
A bit worried that the legs might not do another game so soon

Is it raining in Kendall?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan

Let’s go Reds

I'd be happy with a Leeds type approach first half where we just play our way into it, too often we've been caught out chasing games unnecessarily from the first minute.

If it's 0-0 after an hour we've got a very attacking bench.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No Thiago, Diaz or Nunez, again? Yawn.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
No Thiago, Diaz or Nunez, again? Yawn.
Yawn.
A bit worried that the legs might not do another game so soon

Is it raining in Kendall?
Nope nice and sunny actually :)

Offline marmite sw

• Main Stander
tough game for us tonight i think it will be 0 x 0 halftime with use going up a gear hopefully late second half ....3 points redmen thats all we want 3 points
im autistic and have dyslexia as well as being born deaf so if thats a problem then its your problem ... awaits the gramma nazis ......lfc supporter since 1976 watch every game and get up to liverpool as often as i can......

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Yawn.Nope nice and sunny actually :)
I absolutely refuse to believe you! Not raining?  Or hailing?  Or snowing? Or windy?

I don’t believe this is possible
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
I absolutely refuse to believe you! Not raining?  Or hailing?  Or snowing? Or windy?

I don’t believe this is possible

It's not like its Manchester!
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Ibou would have played if it had been the last game of the season says Klopp
W

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Whats the score with Bowen wearing headphones?

Online Rosario

• Legacy Fan
Let’s go Reds!

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Ibou would have played if it had been the last game of the season says Klopp
Is that code for he’s out till the end of May? :)

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
This is going to be tough. They game raise big time vs us.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Is that code for he’s out till the end of May? :)
Hahaha!
W

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
It's not like its Manchester!
Liverpool rains more than Manchester ya know.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Whats the score with Bowen wearing headphones?
Would imagine it’s the mascot he walked out with had them on too, so he wore some to support. Few have done it this season.
AHA!