Author Topic: Have we got any fans left?  (Read 2439 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Have we got any fans left?
« on: April 2, 2023, 09:07:59 pm »
Just wondering?

All I can see and hear is whining entitled c*nts. No offence like.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Re: Have we got any fans left?
« Reply #1 on: April 2, 2023, 09:09:09 pm »
There was a lot of fucking whinging when we were winning to be fair.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: April 2, 2023, 09:11:44 pm »
It's the only time people are posting,lots of fist biting.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #3 on: April 2, 2023, 09:16:38 pm »
Just wondering?

:)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #4 on: April 2, 2023, 09:31:57 pm »
Never mind winning Cups or the League, if we don't win the transfer window the next 2 years, we're DOOMED.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 2, 2023, 09:32:18 pm »
The answer is no, obviously. Those people in red cheering for us yesterday weren't dedicated fans who spent their time and money to support us, they were just confused Man City fans. The 40,000 people who pay top dollar to come to all our home games just like shouting and the colour red.

Offline Sat on the bar

• Main Stander
« Reply #6 on: April 2, 2023, 09:41:51 pm »
Just wondering?

Tough Times, could get worst too, but we win together, loose together. As shite as we’ve been, and as much as the team needs breaking up and rebuilding again. No one should be slagging them off. These boys have give us time if our lives.
It’s football, it’s a cycle, but what makes Liverpool and our fans so unique, is our togetherness and Seige mentality at times. Now more than ever is the time to remember this and stand tall. We’ll rise again, be it next season or in the near future, because that’s what this great club do.
The good times will return, so let’s ride the storm and remember, others can only dream of the things we have seen and done. It may seem bad now, but remember lads and lasses, We are Liverpool YNWA :)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 2, 2023, 09:56:00 pm »
The answer is no, obviously. Those people in red cheering for us yesterday weren't dedicated fans who spent their time and money to support us, they were just confused Man City fans. The 40,000 people who pay top dollar to come to all our home games just like shouting and the colour red.

Ok Drax
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 2, 2023, 10:06:54 pm »
Just wondering?

It seems like you've been going for some time - I'd guess it was around the same time as me - maybe a year or two before - or after.

Serious question - have times really changed that much? When I started going, most people - but not everyone on the Kop would support the team.

But in the Kemlyn or the Main Stand / Paddock - most people were self entitled, with a few supporting the team.

I'd say there was a good chance you were there when we booed the team off after Rafa took us top of the league with a home draw. And you were probably there when Ablet used to get booed when his name was read from the team sheet by George.

I like to think our fans are a bit different. It comes from Shanklyism. We're great - even ff we know were not. And the opposition are shite - even when they're not.

But this Shanklyism has ever really been in the ground - and mainly limited to the Kop. It's always been alright to have a moan in the ale house, amongst fellow reds - just leave it in the piub and don't take it into the ground.

When I signed up to Shanklyism there wasn't a rule about forums, but if it was okay to moan in the pub - then it's okay to moan in the forum.

Anyway, moaning is a Scouse prerogative. I love moaning.

And owners are fair game - they always have been. Shankly loved having a barney with the Board. But these days the line between the owners and the Club is a lot more blurred compared to what it used to be. 

Final thoughts on it - is that since everything became a brand it's more difficult to feel passionate about it - well, for me it is and I reckon there's more like me.

It's not really Liverpool - the City vs Manchester (the city) anymore. It's just a battle of brands and some people feel similar to the types who think Microsoft are shite because they love Sony - and vice versa. Feels a bit false sometimes.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2023, 10:12:41 pm by Billy Elliot »
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #9 on: April 2, 2023, 10:26:31 pm »
i really do think that with social media and whatsapp groups (mates and work colleagues supporting other teams and so the 'banter' can get abusive and aggressive) a lot of our 'fans' know that they (personally) are gonna be in for a fucking hard time until the next game and are angry because of that - because they're gonna get some real shit

90% of liverpool fans do not go the game - it would be impossible - so for the majority of our fans they live a vicarious existence through the club

the team, though underperforming, are an easy target and therefore take the brunt of the cry-arses frustration which manifests itself in unnecessary crass comments

best to ignore - though not easy at times
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #10 on: April 2, 2023, 10:29:55 pm »

I've been paying 'top dollar' for over 30 years. I see loads that leave every fucking game, early. Dedicated? Don't make me fucking laugh kid.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 2, 2023, 10:41:20 pm »
I've been paying 'top dollar' for over 30 years. I see loads that leave every fucking game, early. Dedicated? Don't make me fucking laugh kid.

To have got a ticket through normal channels yesterday with a reduced capacity required someone who has been constantly going to away games. I guess you have your own meaning of the word dedicated.

Is a dedicated fan now someone with a largely positive post count on RAWK?

What is the definition of a good Liverpool fan?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 2, 2023, 10:57:34 pm »

Are you actually saying leaving a game a couple of mins early makes you less of a fan?

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 2, 2023, 11:01:37 pm »
I think we lost a lot of fans due to the referees unfavorable treatment towards us.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 2, 2023, 11:04:03 pm »

But, as I was trying to say earlier - what's changed?

Have you forgotten the old classic, "Hark now here, the Kemlyn sing - the Main Stand ran away"?

And it was pocket money back then - not top dollar. I think it's worse now than back then - bit not much.

And people are going to feel entitled because back then they were paying the price of a portion of fish and chips. And us in the Kop felt less entitled because we couldn't spare the extra for the cod. And now people are paying top London restaurant prices.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 2, 2023, 11:06:49 pm »
I expect a fuckin' poll Andy.  Get your head in the game.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 2, 2023, 11:07:42 pm »
Are you actually saying leaving a game a couple of mins early makes you less of a fan?

Leicester boxing day 1984 - went home at half time. It was because it was Leicester (again) and we were getting beat 2-0, wanted to just go home and have my Boxing Day roast.

So I'm no fan at all.

But on the other hand, I was selling scratch offs that helped pay for the collapsed sewer under the Kop in 87.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2023, 11:09:37 pm by Billy Elliot »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17 on: April 2, 2023, 11:09:01 pm »
Leicester boxing day 1985 - went home at half time. It was because it was Leicester (again) and we were getting beat 2-0, wanted to just go home and have my Boxing Day roast.

So I'm no fan at all.

But on the other hand, I was selling scratch offs that helped pay for the collapsed sewer under the Kop in 87.

That was my second ever game. Two games, two defeats. My dad hated me. :D

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 2, 2023, 11:10:40 pm »

Didnt you go to Brentford away this season?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 2, 2023, 11:12:31 pm »

Note that I've just edited the year  ;D

First half was terrible and with it being Leicester the outcome was inevitable.

Got on the bus and heard Phil Neale had scored a penalty. Regretted walking out for about the next 20 minutes - until I was in the warmth with my roast, and playing my new Bruce Lee game on my Spectrum.

No fan at all me  ;D
« Last Edit: April 2, 2023, 11:14:02 pm by Billy Elliot »

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 2, 2023, 11:17:18 pm »
I'd rather read opinions about football than complaints that add nothing. A lot has gone wrong this season, there's a lot to talk about, if people can't discuss it on a football forum then where can they? People go overboard sometimes, I think more could do with taking a break after a bad game instead of posting, but I'm tired of having constructive conversations about the season only for others to come in and start attacking the posters instead of addressing the points they're making.

I think too many people spend time reading the absolute trash on twitter and then come to rawk with a chip on their shoulder. There are some posters who don't even seem to have an opinion on football any more, they're just here to stop everyone else having an opinion.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #21 on: April 2, 2023, 11:21:31 pm »

Yeah I am. I've been going to the game for decades and the same dickheads leave 20-30 minutes early every fucking game.

Are you saying that makes them more of a fan?

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 2, 2023, 11:30:41 pm »
Yeah I am. I've been going to the game for decades and the same dickheads leave 20-30 minutes early every fucking game.

Are you saying that makes them more of a fan?

I’ve been going to the game just the same as you Andy I’ve had a season ticket on the kop for well over 30 years and was going long before that, going 20-30 minutes before the end absolutely that makes 0 sense to me but heading out 2-3 mins to try and beat the let’s be honest beat the shit traffic I don’t see anything wrong there.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 2, 2023, 11:38:30 pm »
Why don't you start another thread about it?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #24 on: April 2, 2023, 11:43:04 pm »
Didnt you go to Brentford away this season?

I did. I’ve been to plenty in between! :D

Just meant that after two games my dad was threatening never to take me again. Thankfully the third game was a 5-0 win against Birmingham on the way to the double and I got a reprieve!

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 2, 2023, 11:49:54 pm »

Just meant that after two games my dad was threatening never to take me again. Thankfully the third game was a 5-0 win against Birmingham on the way to the double and I got a reprieve!

Relieved to hear you're not a complete Jonah.

Not many people in the world have seen a Gary Gillespie hat trick.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 2, 2023, 11:52:37 pm »

Let me guess your first match? Wednesday at home - 0-2 - another Brucie nightmare. I was there, on the fence at the front of the Kop. Learnt some new words after Brucie's calamity. 

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27 on: April 2, 2023, 11:55:57 pm »
Let me guess your first match? Wednesday at home - 0-2 - another Brucie nightmare. I was there, on the fence at the front of the Kop. Learnt some new words after Brucie's calamity. 

It was…dad?!

Or did we lose do rarely back them it was easy to guess?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #28 on: April 2, 2023, 11:58:53 pm »
Guess we do have some fans left. Awesome :)

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 3, 2023, 12:30:32 am »
Delete twitter and I guarantee your mental health and hope for humanity increases within hours and keeps peaking. Try it.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #30 on: April 3, 2023, 12:37:55 am »
Fuck me I read the title and assumed Andy had got a job in Argos during a heatwave.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 3, 2023, 12:40:06 am »
Fuck me I read the title and assumed Andy had got a job in Argos during a heatwave.

:lmao :lmao

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #32 on: April 3, 2023, 01:09:46 am »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 3, 2023, 02:31:00 am »

;D

Late night Al zingers. when no one is around to see it.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #34 on: April 3, 2023, 09:54:06 am »

Wanna buy a 17" fan mate? Cheap as chips! It would be your biggest fan.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 3, 2023, 11:26:53 am »
Andy, for your next fix of making a new thread for absolute bollocks, maybe you should tell us all exactly how to be the best fan in the world? Seems like you get a kick out of whining about the perceived behaviour of lesser fans and if they aren't the same as you then they are less of a fan.

So just tell us all how we all must behave to be considered as good a fan as you and be done with it.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: April 3, 2023, 11:28:37 am »
Andy, for your next fix of making a new thread for absolute bollocks, maybe you should tell us all exactly how to be the best fan in the world? Seems like you get a kick out of whining about the perceived behaviour of lesser fans and if they aren't the same as you then they are less of a fan.

So just tell us all how we all must behave to be considered as good a fan as you and be done with it.

I asked this yesterday, no reply.