Author Topic: Premier League/FA Cup fixtures 17th - 19th March  (Read 18725 times)

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Premier League/FA Cup fixtures 17th - 19th March
« Reply #640 on: March 20, 2023, 12:38:43 am »
Not if the ball is blocked on the line by the hand. Probably should have sent off Adam Smith for us too, on that basis.
There was a defender on the Line with Smith handball and was not on the goal line

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #641 on: March 20, 2023, 12:55:40 am »
What is it then?

I'd say if he punched him or booted him then that's an assault

Did he hurt the referee in any way whatsover?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #642 on: March 20, 2023, 02:55:01 am »
I see that dickhead Chris Sutton is calling for a 10 game ban now...🤔
Which is a bit rich seeing as DiCanio got nine games for actually pushing a ref over ...Then again it was against Utd so the punishment has to be more

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #643 on: March 20, 2023, 07:30:31 am »
They were both reds and decisions were right

One handball cost them the entire game.

If we start saying it's bent because of this it's Everton territory. My only problem is Fernandes can push about refs at will.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 07:42:41 am by rushyman »
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #644 on: March 20, 2023, 07:59:43 am »
I see that dickhead Chris Sutton is calling for a 10 game ban now...🤔
Which is a bit rich seeing as DiCanio got nine games for actually pushing a ref over ...Then again it was against Utd so the punishment has to be more

If he'd punched Kavanagh i'd offer him the freedom of Liverpool. The Manc twat is as bent as a 9 bob note and cost us a league title with his corruption.

Was always a “surely not” for me until last year with the City decision against Everton and the Spurs game against us. Not a doubt in my mind now.

They were both Kavanagh (on VAR). Only surprised he didn't find something to rule out those goals at Newcastle for us (he certainly tried).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 08:06:35 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #645 on: March 20, 2023, 09:26:07 am »
They were both reds and decisions were right

One handball cost them the entire game.

If we start saying it's bent because of this it's Everton territory. My only problem is Fernandes can push about refs at will.

Thats the whole point isnt it....? Its not bent because in isolation someone got sent off for a handball on the line against United, and someone got sent off for pushing an official against United. Its because that happened a week after someone didn't get sent off for a handball on the line against us, and two weeks after someone didn't get sent off for United against us for pushing an official.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #646 on: March 20, 2023, 03:25:34 pm »
Are you possibly mixing up the two reds mate?

Didn't catch it live but thanks to the legendary oojason I've seen it (perfect video of the time yuo're mentioning below) - he fully deserves the red for what he does before the ref gets his card out his pocket (for the second time). Everything else he does after that is probably going to get his ban extended beyond the usual length.

The red was out of his pocket for Silva not for Mitrovic. Have a look in the VAR thread though for a laugh for plenty of examples of United players grabbing refs arms when they're not happy with decisions. In case you were wondering, no, they weren't sent off for their actions.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: March 20, 2023, 04:37:11 pm »
To be fair, the Jota header may not have gone in - could have hit their other player or Gakpo - and (less importantly) was unintentional unlike Willian's so I reckon those were both called as I'd want them to be if it was our players defending.

I'd also agree with what John C said about mitrovic and bruno's touching of the officials are very different (pretty vastly I reckon). bruno deserved a yellow, and it was a mistake he didn't get one for the petulant touch of the guy but it was nothing like the aggression and man handling and aggressive stepping into the ref over several seconds from Mitrovic

[not aimed at your post now Hazell] it's pretty mad that some people think that mitrovic's red was questionable! except Andy@ obviously!!

I would need to watch the Jota one again, for some trange reason I've not had the inclination to watch that back since last Saturday.

Agree that Mitrovic was more aggressive than Fernandes but both should have been reds regardless. One may carry more of a punishment than the other but that would be for whichever panel to decide.

As it is, it's Fulham's own fault they lost yesterday, they were the better side till the penalty/red cards. What is did remind me of though is last year's game at Old Trafford. We won and Pogba rightly got sent off but Fernandes and Ronaldo both should have gotten sent off too. It didn't matter obviously, just like it didn't matter in our game a couple of weeks ago but I still can't shake the feeling that they get an awful lot of things go their way for whatever reason (most likely they're just a lot more jammy than any other team).
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #648 on: March 20, 2023, 05:24:01 pm »

What is did remind me of though is last year's game at Old Trafford. We won and Pogba rightly got sent off but Fernandes and Ronaldo both should have gotten sent off too. It didn't matter obviously, just like it didn't matter in our game a couple of weeks ago but I still can't shake the feeling that they get an awful lot of things go their way for whatever reason (most likely they're just a lot more jammy than any other team).

The Ronaldo incident in that game was appalling.
People are talking about the level of aggression shown by Mitrovic was worse than Fernandes etc (I agree. It was) but the aggression that Ronaldo showed in the Jones incident was a disgrace.
I can't think of any scenario where it is acceptable to kick through a ball with that amount of force, when it is up against a player who is lying on the ground (after being fouled by him!)
It is dangerous. Fortunately Ronaldo kicked the ball, but that is not the point. He could have seriously injured Jones there.
I think there is certainly enough evidence out there that they are officiated differently. Everyone knows that every single game that Fernandes is going to chase the Ref about a decision, and yet all that it would take to stop it is an immediate yellow card.
It needs to be highlighted, as well as the amount of Refs from Manchester who officiate their games.
Can you imagine England playing away to Italy, and the Ref is from Italy? Away to a Spanish side in the CL, and the ref is from Spain? It wouldn't be allowed. Nor should it in the PL.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #649 on: March 20, 2023, 06:05:50 pm »
Thats the whole point isnt it....? Its not bent because in isolation someone got sent off for a handball on the line against United, and someone got sent off for pushing an official against United. Its because that happened a week after someone didn't get sent off for a handball on the line against us, and two weeks after someone didn't get sent off for United against us for pushing an official.

If that's the point then absolutely

It's a disgrace. Didn't help that meacon ref coming on sky saying the lino touched Fernandes

Utter joke of a man
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp