Author Topic: Half time: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool  (Read 4795 times)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Re: Half time: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool
« Reply #120 on: August 6, 2022, 01:28:05 pm »
Wake the fuck up will yer...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: August 6, 2022, 01:28:16 pm »
Assume this isn’t a serious post?

We haven’t lost in 2022 in the PL.
Well we’re losing so all sense goes out the window, people spout bollocks and have the shortest memories. Jurgen out!
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: August 6, 2022, 01:28:25 pm »
Just need to wake up a bit in the second half. Get an early goal and go from there. Come on Reds

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: August 6, 2022, 01:28:33 pm »
It’s crazy that Henderson is still starting week in week out in this team. He’s been awful playing this furthest forward midfielder for a while but is picked week in week out. The fact we’ve not signed a midfielder either is criminal. We’ve been bulled like this plenty of times last season

Short term memory this.

Can’t say he’s played well today, but this is a bit over the top.

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: August 6, 2022, 01:28:33 pm »
Henderson is a problem that could seriously affect our season. The midfield is miles behind City’s.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #125 on: August 6, 2022, 01:28:45 pm »
Ouch...

We haven't been great obviously, but I have a hard time believing Fulham will be this good... ever again.  That might turn out to be their best half of the remaining 75 this season.  It's helped them that every bounce of the ball has found their feet in stride. 
That’s why I won’t be too worried if we drop points here. It really does feel like it’s their day, though to be fair we’re certainly playing our part in that too.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #126 on: August 6, 2022, 01:29:00 pm »
Lacking sharpness, clearly.

Interesting (though not particularly pleasant) in how it manifests in different players. Firmino dropping into a congested midfield against aggressive pressing, when his touch and lay offs are off the pace, is dangerous. Trent off the pace always looks off the pace; on the other flank, Robertson gets a bit headless and tries to run through people. Touch and controlled passing is missing throughout the midfield; not just Henderson, who gets the abuse on twitter for his lower completion rate, but he's playing further forward and playing the riskier passes (and he's played the best single pass of the game, for us at least).

An obvious call, but Darwin for Firmino might keep Fulham more honest and give us a bit more space in central areas. Diaz looks the most dangerous Long way to go.

You have to give credit to Fulham they were not giving us any room at all or space. But they are not keeping it up for ninety minutes, a good summary of some of the players though.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #127 on: August 6, 2022, 01:29:01 pm »
Henderson is a problem that could seriously affect our season. The midfield is miles behind City’s.

Yet we dominated them last week.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #128 on: August 6, 2022, 01:29:05 pm »
First wake up call of the season.

TAA looks off the pace and the midfield aren't creating anything. Nunez and Elliott on straight away for me.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: August 6, 2022, 01:29:08 pm »
Don’t understand the logic of starting Bobby over Nunez at all. Make the change and we win the game.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: August 6, 2022, 01:29:20 pm »
Everyone saying speed up the game. The pitch is slow as fuck. Its intentional by Fulham. We have to get Nunez on.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: August 6, 2022, 01:29:28 pm »
Fulham were absolutely brilliant there fair play. I actually counted the amount of white shirts at one point because it genuinely felt like they had an extra man.

I do feel they will run out of steam early doors here though so if we can get a goal before the hour mark, I fancy us to add a couple more. Not sure I would make any changes just yet.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: August 6, 2022, 01:29:35 pm »

Kinell, its half time in the first game 😂

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: August 6, 2022, 01:29:42 pm »
It’s not been great but still a bit unlucky to not have scored at least one with that ball from Robbo which Diaz nearly got on the end of and Diaz hitting the post.

Still a bit concerning being 1 down in this kind of scenario is it’s going to take a totally different performance to turn it round which isn’t always easy to do when you’re in a bit of a funk which we appear to be.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: August 6, 2022, 01:29:59 pm »
No chance a fk on Trent

He’s got the run on him, Trent needs to stop that run in stead of trying to win it which he’s never going to. Robbo needs to do more to stop the cross aswell

And Ali was strangely flat footed.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #135 on: August 6, 2022, 01:29:59 pm »
First wake up call of the season.

TAA looks off the pace and the midfield aren't creating anything. Nunez and Elliott on straight away for me.

It's worrying because after all these games this season, you'd expect them to be at peak...er.. wait. What?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: August 6, 2022, 01:30:33 pm »
We haven't been great obviously, but I have a hard time believing Fulham will be this good... ever again.
Can't wait to see them roll over and show they bellies when City turn up.

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: August 6, 2022, 01:30:54 pm »
Yet we dominated them last week.

I’ll believe it when I see it in a league game. It pushes us over to Thiago’s side constantly and becomes predictable.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #138 on: August 6, 2022, 01:30:55 pm »
I really don't understand why the commentators/pundits can say that wasn't a foul on henderson? Its not deliberate but he stands on his foot, which clearly puts him out of the game. Is that allowed?
Im fine with the ref deciding at the time he doesnt think its a foul, but when pundits can slow it down and say that ok, I dont get it.

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #139 on: August 6, 2022, 01:31:16 pm »
Seeing enough chance creation from us not to be worried. Fulham have been good and giving it everything. We have a strong bench so I'm not worried at the moment. Klopp will be getting into them

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #140 on: August 6, 2022, 01:31:32 pm »
Some things never change. Why don't we press the button marked 'win'? That's what I wanna know.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #141 on: August 6, 2022, 01:31:34 pm »

Most promoted sides give it loads early on in the season. This is hardly anything new.

Well done Fuilham. Let's hope we get a bit more on target and together second half

Got to give Fulham a lot of credit and for once, the ref has been pretty decent so far.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: August 6, 2022, 01:31:49 pm »
Everyone saying speed up the game. The pitch is slow as fuck. Its intentional by Fulham. We have to get Nunez on.

Not sure if that’s the case, we’ve overhit quite a few passes, it looks like the bits in the sun play differently than the bits in the shade with the weather so hot.

And Fulham’s been playing fairly direct the other way. I don’t see why we can’t do it.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: August 6, 2022, 01:31:50 pm »
Simply weren't ready like Fulham were, no intensity.

Tough one to come back from now, Henderson & Robertson very disappointing

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: August 6, 2022, 01:31:57 pm »
I think Firmino is done

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #145 on: August 6, 2022, 01:31:58 pm »
I’ll believe it when I see it in a league game. It pushes us over to Thiago’s side constantly and becomes predictable.

What about last season?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #146 on: August 6, 2022, 01:32:13 pm »

Well City will probably play better.
We've got no excuses - they want ripping to shreds for that first half

Offline Red46

• Main Stander
« Reply #147 on: August 6, 2022, 01:32:19 pm »
They put a lot of effort into that first half, hopefully they run out of steam this half

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: August 6, 2022, 01:32:24 pm »
It was a foul, but only after he'd treated the ball like a hot potato for the umpteenth time. He's just not technically proficient enough to play that advanced role.
The ball was on for Salah over the top, he just didn't clear the defender. After the goal, from a similar area, he got Salah in behind with another ball round the corner. That's his role in the side - to see those opportunities and play the quick direct ball, or knock it back/sideways if there's nothing on.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: August 6, 2022, 01:32:33 pm »
I see the over reaction has started good and early this season.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #150 on: August 6, 2022, 01:32:34 pm »
Diaz deserves a bit of luck. We'll be alright but have to fight much more. Also this is a game for Nunez...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #151 on: August 6, 2022, 01:33:24 pm »
I think Firmino is done
Ding!

Who had 60 minutes n the sweepstake?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: August 6, 2022, 01:33:26 pm »
I see the over reaction has started good and early this season.

Over reaction?

That was pathetic from all involved.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: August 6, 2022, 01:33:32 pm »
What about last season?

Well it does seem weird to complain - we have some outstanding players and beat most teams. But we did struggle in big games to maintain control at all. The attack normally drags is over the line.

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: August 6, 2022, 01:33:40 pm »
45 minutes into a new season and we have Hendo and Bobby are finished posts haha

Offline StL-Dono

• Kopite
  • thank you Ian Rush
« Reply #155 on: August 6, 2022, 01:34:16 pm »
Does seem Diaz is taking on the usual Salah role of having to be chopped down with an axe before he can get a foul called. 

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: August 6, 2022, 01:34:22 pm »
He's been putting it about, but that's it.  Not seen any real quality from him, just non-stop hounding of our midfielders.

Pretty much his job that thought isn’t it, hound the oppo and not give them time on the ball.