Author Topic: Standards Corrupted 2.0 - Funding Terrorism  (Read 2158 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Standards Corrupted 2.0 - Funding Terrorism
« Reply #40 on: Today at 02:43:15 pm »
AXA are doing exactly the same thing mate. What do you think they are funding then?
AXA have (publicly and legally) invested in banks in Israel democracy

Standard Chartered have (secretly and illegally) taken money off the Iranian dictatorship, to help them launder sanctioned money to send it to terrorists

Not even close to 'exactly the same' at all, if we just stop and think for a second is it?

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #41 on: Today at 02:46:58 pm »
Put Carlsberg back on the front

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #42 on: Today at 02:48:32 pm »
I'll admit my ignorance on this. Apart from being a bank (they're all pretty dodgy) I don't know anything about Standard Chartered. I also still have no idea what business AXA are in and have never been interested enough to Google them to find out.

I remember Man United having a few sponsors, such as AIG, AON and their current one who I'd never heard of and who I still have no idea what business they are in. Basically, I'm not remotely interested in sponsors.

Having said that, going by this thread, it doesn't look good at all that we have SC on our shirts. Is opposition to them gathering any traction around the club or is it just here on RAWK?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: Today at 02:48:40 pm »

We need to create a lot more heavy drinkers to allow Carlsberg to match the current deal. If we try hard - I know we can do it! :D

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: Today at 02:51:15 pm »
AXA are doing exactly the same thing mate. What do you think they are funding then?

I agree with you on this but suggest AXA should be in a seperate discussion - the standard chartered news should stay the focus of this thread or it will get closed after the moderators statment on Israel / Palestine

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #45 on: Today at 02:53:09 pm »
I usually have Guinness down the front of mine.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #46 on: Today at 02:55:08 pm »

Hitachi
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: Today at 02:56:19 pm »
And name a bank which hasn't?

HSBC
Barclays
NatWest
Coutts
Metro
Monzo
Paypal
Western Union

In the UK, HSBC, Natwest and Santander have all been fined (via mea culpa settlements) by the FCA for what could be considered relatively minor reactive infringements of AML regulations, requests not actioned in good time, failures to address weak points in their systems and controls etc.

What SCB have done here, allegedly, goes way way beyond that. Active participation in global ML, and breaching economic sanctions to facilitate transactions directly to known fronts for terrorist organisations, whilst repeatedly trying to hide these transactions from the authorities. There's no ignorance or incompetence here. This report affirms they have continued to do it even after being caught back in 2012, no doubt emboldened by the veneer of invulnerability and protection afforded by Osborne and Cameron, and by proxy the UK government, by not once but twice being offered what are fantastically called Deferred Prosecution Agreements, evidently a toothless deterrent. Lessons learned? No. Business as usual.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #48 on: Today at 02:56:21 pm »
I'd love for us to make a stand and bin them off.

Even if we end up out of pocket overall, there have to be some decent non banking / non  gambling sponsors out there!

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #49 on: Today at 02:58:17 pm »
And name a bank which hasn't?

HSBC
Barclays
NatWest
Coutts
Metro
Monzo
Paypal
Western Union

Triodos, Nationwide, Co-Op ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: Today at 03:06:01 pm »

Standard Chartered have (secretly and illegally) taken money off the Iranian dictatorship, to help them launder sanctioned money to send it to terrorists

Not even close to 'exactly the same' at all, if we just stop and think for a second is it?
Exactly. It's disappointing beyond belief that posters are even attempting false equivalence here. I even mentioned "whataboutery" in the OP, in the hope that AXA wouldn't get dragged into this discussion.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: Today at 03:11:34 pm »

The ponit is both of them are c*nts that we as a club should've fucked them off long ago. We're one of the biggest clubs on the planet. Numerous companies would line up to be our main sponsor if not #2 sponsor.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: Today at 03:13:44 pm »

:lmao

"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #53 on: Today at 03:15:45 pm »
Triodos, Nationwide, Co-Op ?

All mutual, cooperatives or crowdfunded institutions so not on the same scale of 'banking'

In the UK, HSBC, Natwest and Santander have all been fined (via mea culpa settlements) by the FCA for what could be considered relatively minor reactive infringements of AML regulations, requests not actioned in good time, failures to address weak points in their systems and controls etc.

What SCB have done here, allegedly, goes way way beyond that. Active participation in global ML, and breaching economic sanctions to facilitate transactions directly to known fronts for terrorist organisations, whilst repeatedly trying to hide these transactions from the authorities. There's no ignorance or incompetence here. This report affirms they have continued to do it even after being caught back in 2012, no doubt emboldened by the veneer of invulnerability and protection afforded by Osborne and Cameron, and by proxy the UK government, by not once but twice being offered what are fantastically called Deferred Prosecution Agreements, evidently a toothless deterrent. Lessons learned? No. Business as usual.

In the UK. Globally HSBC were included in the same 2012 report to the US senate as Standard chartered.

Natwest did not 'settle' their Money Laundering case and were fined £264.8m in 2021. Hardly a minor infringement. Same for Santander which was a £107.7 million fine

I'm not saying it doesn't look bad for the club. It is a bad look. But I am saying that the club should have done better due diligence or they did and the £50m a season for what will be over 2 decades of sponsorship by the end of the current deal was worth a few problem headlines which ultimately won't go anywhere

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #54 on: Today at 03:21:32 pm »
Yep, they're both c*nts and it's been known for a while now. Hopefully we'll bin them but I can't see it before either deal is up. I think there'll always be complaints over what type of company is the sponsor (betting companies can obviously get to fuck as well, and plenty will have problems with, for example, a maker of alcoholic beverages) but these lot we're in bed with are pretty evil corporations. We could surely do as well financially from having sponsors who aren't full blown c*nts. I pretty much do expect though that whatever company can offer us similar deals, that they'll in some way have committed various things that let's just say should not have been done.

Fair play to Dortmund fans for protesting their disgusting new partnership on one of the biggest days in club history, I assume far less mind numbing threads on their online forums asking whether it's the right thing to do at the right time. A Champions League final is literally the perfect time to do it and respect to them for doing so. Please no whataboutisms either (if the thread remains open), let's say to state owned sides, saying this is tame in comparison. We all know it's not the same but don't pretend either should have any sort of relation with LFC. Get them fucking gone.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:24:41 pm by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: Today at 03:22:58 pm »

;D

That's why I rarley get invovled with politics on here. I don;t want to argue with people on here I consider mates and have known for like 15 years on here.   :D

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: Today at 03:26:15 pm »
Axa had shares in the Israeli Hapoalim Bank which helps fund West Bank settlers. It was blacklisted by banks in many countries and by the UN.

Axa have indicated that it no longer invests in Israel.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #57 on: Today at 03:30:21 pm »
Fair play to Dortmund fans for protesting their disgusting new partnership on one of the biggest days in club history, I assume far less mind numbing threads on their online forums asking whether it's the right thing to do at the right time. A Champions League final is literally the perfect time to do it and respect to them for doing so. Please no whataboutisms either (if the thread remains open), let's say to state owned sides, saying this is tame in comparison. We all know it's not the same but don't pretend either should have any sort of relation with LFC. Get them fucking gone.

There was absolutely no question they would protest it, because German fans have their shit together. We've been ignoring this for years.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: Today at 03:46:04 pm »

Who's an edgy boy! Oh yes, you are!! ;D

Investment in businesses is legal. Israel is a democracy. Word definitions are simple, and unchanged by anything to do with the topic that is banned from discussion.