Author Topic: PGA TOUR 2K21  (Read 1008 times)

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
PGA TOUR 2K21
« on: August 18, 2020, 09:13:56 am »
Out this Friday pre ordered looking forward to this.

Anyone else getting this ?

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
Re: PGA TOUR 2K21
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 09:17:22 am »

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 09:26:03 am »
Was kind of half tempted, really need a good golf game but 2K Sports.... wouldn't surprise me if they tried charging you a couple of quid every time you lose a ball ;D

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 09:57:21 am »
Was kind of half tempted, really need a good golf game but 2K Sports.... wouldn't surprise me if they tried charging you a couple of quid every time you lose a ball ;D

;D Haha - I don't think 2K are that bad NBA and the Wrestling have been alright its EA with the DLC what cost a fortune .

Looking forward to it I pre ordered for the PS4 love playing golf games on the headset with mates or even randoms.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 10:00:51 am »
Want to get it, but the past two games have popped up “free” on GWG and Games Pass, so I’ll hang fire.
AHA!

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 10:52:48 am »
Don't hold much hope for this 2k have lost it. The Nba and WWE games have gone downhill.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 11:32:56 am »
The game will probably start off with 5 golfers and you have to pay to unlock more knowing 2K.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2020, 11:50:14 am »
Seems they repackaged "Golf Club" with 2k Sports taking on the publisher rights.

I was kinda looking forward to a totally new golf game engine but sadly not. Golf Club was a bit meh for me while Rory's EA game was hands down the worst of the of the lot. Tiger's 2004 and 2005 will never be beat!
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2020, 02:08:17 pm »
There genuinely hasn’t been a decent golf games for probably a decade now.

Surprised EA moved away from it to be honest. Considering their love of micro transactions you’d have thought the chance to have players, courses, clubs, clothes available at a small extra cost would have been extremely attractive to them. Genuinely.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2020, 02:22:51 pm »
What makes the gameplay worse in everyones opinion?? Loved a good round of Tiger Woods back in the day
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2020, 04:22:03 pm »
What makes the gameplay worse in everyones opinion?? Loved a good round of Tiger Woods back in the day

I am a golfer and I love playing ps4 online too so a golf game is win win for me not had one since rory mcilroy rather play the golf game than fifa or cod

I used to love playing tiger woods on the Playstation i can remember playing tiger woods on the PC in the 90s with my dad a old packerbell computer think there was only two golf courses I can recall sawgrass and pebble beach had golfers like davis love III mark o'mera .

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2020, 04:28:52 pm »
I am a golfer and I love playing ps4 online too so a golf game is win win for me not had one since rory mcilroy rather play the golf game than fifa or cod

I used to love playing tiger woods on the Playstation i can remember playing tiger woods on the PC in the 90s with my dad a old packerbell computer think there was only two golf courses I can recall sawgrass and pebble beach had golfers like davis love III mark o'mera .

I've always loved golf games. Played one on windows 98. Microsoft golf 1998 I think was the name (fairly simply). Then wasted hours and hours in uni with my housemate. Not had one since then though, so a good 10 years, I can't imagine how they could get the gameplay wrong!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2020, 05:49:08 pm »
A lot of good golf games in the 90's. Actua series, links etc

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2020, 06:10:53 pm »
Sorry to burst your bubble but the graphics don't look any better than TW05 and the gameplay doesn't look much better either. Disappointing, a good golf game is long overdue along with a rugby one.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2020, 11:58:34 am »
Sorry to burst your bubble but the graphics don't look any better than TW05 and the gameplay doesn't look much better either. Disappointing, a good golf game is long overdue along with a rugby one.

wont be bursting my bubble mate . Looking forward to the game  :wave

a rugby game would be good never played on before.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2020, 05:25:55 pm »
I quite enjoyed the last Golf Club game. It played pretty well and had a decent selection of courses. I did a couple of seasons and won the Tour but it didn’t have a lot of depth to the career.

Will be interesting to see what 2K add to it. Might pick this up in a sale around Christmas depending on reviews!
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2020, 10:13:25 am »
I quite enjoyed the last Golf Club game. It played pretty well and had a decent selection of courses. I did a couple of seasons and won the Tour but it didn’t have a lot of depth to the career.

Will be interesting to see what 2K add to it. Might pick this up in a sale around Christmas depending on reviews!

I like how there is gamers out there who put so much time and effort into making there own golf courses . some of them are really good and challenging to play.

Better than that golf course on EA Rory Mcilroy where you were playing 18holes through a Battlefield map .

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2020, 06:44:55 pm »
Last good golf game i enjoyed was Tiger Woods PGA 13 Masters Edition[even though the caddie feature was annoying], Tiger Woods PGA 10 before that, for me 3 click swing is essential part of the game, PGA Tour 2K21 doesn't have one, i hate what they call tru swing, i'm either over hitting or, under hitting the ball, then slicing or hooking it.
#Sausages