Author Topic: Champions League Final: Bayern Borrows Big Ears Briefly  (Read 42012 times)

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
Re: Champions League Final: Bayern Borrows Big Ears Briefly
« Reply #1520 on: August 24, 2020, 09:04:35 am »
Once we got beat the I said to my mate Bayern were the ones to beat.

The press and counter press was excellent at times. Dare I say it but the team that Bayern wouldn't want to play is a Klopp team.

Neurer has had a renaissance this year as have others - Muller.

Still think the 2013 team tops this one but thank god PSG didn't win it. Tuchel is doing a much better job at making them more stable but last night that might have come at a cost of attacking flair.

Fuck it we'll bag number 7 next year.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I can't believe the lack of empathy among some of our fans.

"Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep." Romans 12:15
1977?
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1522 on: August 24, 2020, 09:14:39 am »
Neymar is a plonker. He tries to be 'cool' but he is not. Hes a gifted player and should concentrate on that. He comes across as 'as with it' as H from fucking Steps everywhere else. If the guy worked as hard as Ronaldo, he'd be awesome. But he doesnt.

I cant stand Muller, hes a snidey dirty bastard. Professional fouls are one thing, but hes just a nasty snidey wretch. The sort who puts beach towel on the sunbeds and treats the hotel staff like slaves. Ive met his 'type' before. Cowardly when fronted up, but will punch you in back of head when you turn to walk away. I hate him the most of any current footballer. I'd chuck his towels in the pool too.

Still, I am glad Abu Dhabi Saint Germain lost. Fuck em.

Happy Happy Happy Happy Talk
Talk about things you like to do
If you ....

Not sure it's working, he seems a little, mmm, I wouldn't like to say, not in front of him anyway ... Uh oh, look, he's started biting through the ... time to leave, I suggest ...
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1523 on: August 24, 2020, 09:30:06 am »
Fully deserved. Best team in UCL this season.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1524 on: August 24, 2020, 09:33:26 am »
I'd much rather Bayern had 6 to equal ourselves than Qatar or Abu Dhabi have even one between them.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1525 on: August 24, 2020, 09:47:24 am »
Good to see the PSG fans took it well.
AHA!

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1526 on: August 24, 2020, 09:55:58 am »
Can't stand Bayern (they're terrible for German club football in many ways), but dislike PSG even more, so the right team won last night.

Neymar is a money grabbing, diving twat.  So fuck him.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1527 on: August 24, 2020, 09:56:57 am »
I'd much rather Bayern had 6 to equal ourselves than Qatar or Abu Dhabi have even one between them.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #1528 on: August 24, 2020, 10:28:27 am »

That's fair enough. I don't feel as bad having to share the '6' podium as I thought I would this morning. Hopefully this season's stark Middle East failing in the CL will see them cooling off and moving their oil money to some other venture/sport.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1529 on: August 24, 2020, 10:37:15 am »
This. Also, Cou flaunting his UCL champions medal at that vipers nest known as Bernabeu. Priceless.

So are we getting 5 mil now as he's a UCL champion regardless he won it outside Barcelona, or was that just tabloids making headlines?
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1530 on: August 24, 2020, 10:57:54 am »
Sorry to burst the "At least Qatar didn't win"-bubble, but they are one of Bayern's premium sponsors and have milked that final between "their" two teams already. Bayern go to Qatar for training camps on a regular basis and face criticism for that on a regular basis. As is to be expected the club acknowledge that people feel there are human rights issues in Qatar, but they'd rather have them as partners and address those human rights issues in private with them to make a change. And Bayern's honorary president Franz Beckenbauer also seems to have a clear view as far as money from Qatar is concerned. When there was criticism about FIFA awarding them the WC his answer to questions about the terrible conditions for the workers in Qatar was that he "has never seen any slaves there on the building sites".

At the moment, there is a court case ongoing between a fan who has organised a discussion event about the sponsorship-deal and who even put in a request at their general meeting that the club includes human rights in their charta (the request was declined and not discussed at the meeting). The man has been banned from the stadium. The club say, it's because of a banner he brought to a game that didn't fit the standards in terms of fire safety and as it was the second violation, the guy was banned. His lawyer says it's because the club want to shut down a critical voice.

I can live with Bayern winning it, as they aren't directly owned by those sportswashing twats, but they are not as far away from them as a lot of people here seem to think...

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1531 on: August 24, 2020, 10:59:12 am »
Herrera's interview was good.

https://twitter.com/AndyMitten/status/1297655707664297989

Yep. Speaks well. Smart player. Bit of a devil on the pitch too.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1532 on: August 24, 2020, 11:10:13 am »
I cant stand Muller, hes a snidey dirty bastard. Professional fouls are one thing, but hes just a nasty snidey wretch. The sort who puts beach towel on the sunbeds and treats the hotel staff like slaves. Ive met his 'type' before. Cowardly when fronted up, but will punch you in back of head when you turn to walk away. I hate him the most of any current footballer. I'd chuck his towels in the pool too.

Weirdly specific...
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1533 on: August 24, 2020, 11:38:24 am »
Muller is class one of the most underappreciated players of his generation. Not many footballers outside of Messi and Ronaldo that can claim they have been better than Muller in terms of being consistently great, since Muller made his debut for Bayern.

He's one of my favourite non Liverpool players of all time and a player who everyone would love to have in their team and a managers dream. He's also comes across really intelligent, speaks really well in interviews and he's got an elite mentality if he wants to be a manager someday I think he will do extremely well.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1534 on: August 24, 2020, 11:45:46 am »
1977?

I’m still trying to work out why the Romans put a time stamp on that. Like 12:15pm was significant or something

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1535 on: August 24, 2020, 11:46:49 am »
Sorry to burst the "At least Qatar didn't win"-bubble, but they are one of Bayern's premium sponsors and have milked that final between "their" two teams already. Bayern go to Qatar for training camps on a regular basis and face criticism for that on a regular basis. As is to be expected the club acknowledge that people feel there are human rights issues in Qatar, but they'd rather have them as partners and address those human rights issues in private with them to make a change. And Bayern's honorary president Franz Beckenbauer also seems to have a clear view as far as money from Qatar is concerned. When there was criticism about FIFA awarding them the WC his answer to questions about the terrible conditions for the workers in Qatar was that he "has never seen any slaves there on the building sites".

At the moment, there is a court case ongoing between a fan who has organised a discussion event about the sponsorship-deal and who even put in a request at their general meeting that the club includes human rights in their charta (the request was declined and not discussed at the meeting). The man has been banned from the stadium. The club say, it's because of a banner he brought to a game that didn't fit the standards in terms of fire safety and as it was the second violation, the guy was banned. His lawyer says it's because the club want to shut down a critical voice.

I can live with Bayern winning it, as they aren't directly owned by those sportswashing twats, but they are not as far away from them as a lot of people here seem to think...

Everyone knows, it’s been discussed a fair bit on these threads the past few weeks.

People differentiate between a club owned solely for sportswashing (PSG), and a club who one of it’s big sponsors is Qatar. I think there’s an understanding too cos Bayern fans are not just sitting on their hands pretending nothing is wrong, unlike Abu Dhabi and PSG fans.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #1536 on: August 24, 2020, 11:48:51 am »
Weirdly specific...

Yes. He ended up in the pool along with his and his chums towels too. Got free drinks from teh staff for my remaining few days for that.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1537 on: August 24, 2020, 12:12:38 pm »
Some magical footballers on show last night, enjoyed it. Game was a bit of a anticlimax, which CL finals are tbf.

Roll on next season.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1538 on: August 24, 2020, 12:28:43 pm »
Everyone knows, it’s been discussed a fair bit on these threads the past few weeks.

People differentiate between a club owned solely for sportswashing (PSG), and a club who one of it’s big sponsors is Qatar. I think there’s an understanding too cos Bayern fans are not just sitting on their hands pretending nothing is wrong, unlike Abu Dhabi and PSG fans.

There is a difference between the two, but at the end of the day I would imagine the Qataris don't care which club wins, if they can milk it for their own purposes. Yet, people made it sound like Bayern winning was a huge kick in their arse, which it wasn't...

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1539 on: August 24, 2020, 12:39:47 pm »
Going back to a previous discussion, I think this Bayern side would beat the 2012-13 iteration of Bayern and with a bit to spare in my opinion. There’s just too much firepower in this one and their previous winning side got chinned by BATE Borisov and Arsenal lest we forget. 21 wins in a row is a staggering achievement, Flick is a genius.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1540 on: August 24, 2020, 12:45:19 pm »

I was underwhelmed by the final to be honest. Bayern deserved the win on the night and overall. Loved the 8-2 game!

I did like the format better though. They should consider a 64 team "league" format followed by the tournament, one-off knockout games.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1541 on: August 24, 2020, 12:51:21 pm »
Going back to a previous discussion, I think this Bayern side would beat the 2012-13 iteration of Bayern and with a bit to spare in my opinion. There’s just too much firepower in this one and their previous winning side got chinned by BATE Borisov and Arsenal lest we forget. 21 wins in a row is a staggering achievement, Flick is a genius.

Oh Gerald, that Bayern team rips this current one to shreds down the wings, down the middle. I'd only replace Lewandowski for one of Gomez/Mandzukic.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1542 on: August 24, 2020, 12:52:49 pm »
Oh Gerald, that Bayern team rips this current one to shreds down the wings, down the middle. I'd only replace Lewandowski for one of Gomez/Mandzukic.

Davies and Kimmich are really good. Ribery and Robben were really good too, but I don’t see them doing as much damage as you believe they would. Neymar and Mbappe were occupying the spaces there last night and never really did anything to hurt them, for all PSG created the better opportunities.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1543 on: August 24, 2020, 01:00:42 pm »

Prime Robben, Ribery, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Martinez, Müller, as well as Alaba and Lahm at full back, a young Boateng in defence, who was a heck of a player, Lewa for Mandzukic sure, but Mandzukic was class as well for them.

That team really should have won 1 or 2 more CL’s, but Guardiola happened.

Both teams are class, this team could well overtake them over the next 2 or 3 years, but I’m still taking the team from 12/13 for now. One thing this squad has though is better depth, maybe. Although they did have the likes of Gomez, Gustavo, Pizzaro and Shaq - not so bad either!

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1544 on: August 24, 2020, 01:24:00 pm »
Who wins between Klopp's Liverpool and Flick's Bayern though? I'd fancy us to beat them.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #1545 on: August 24, 2020, 01:28:05 pm »
Who wins between Klopp's Liverpool and Flick's Bayern though? I'd fancy us to beat them.
Us, definitely

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #1546 on: August 24, 2020, 01:33:30 pm »
I think probably us too.  The way Bayern play would be right into our hands I feel - the pressing is awesome but PSG were able to play round it a lot, and I think we’d exploit the space behind far better.

We’d still have to be at our best though.  We haven’t actually seen that Liverpool side very often since around the United game.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1547 on: August 24, 2020, 01:48:30 pm »
Let's not get carried away, this Bayern side are very, very good. But they're neither as good as Heynckes' best iteration, Guardiola's Barcelona or us at our best.

They let way too many high-quality chances against them. Time and again Barca, Lyon and PSG all broke Bayern's back line. They conceded 2 across those three games but in reality could have conceded 7 or 8.

Again, I have great admiration for this team and think there's some wonderful players. I've also long been an admirer of Flick as a coach. But they're not suddenly this unstoppable juggernaut. They're well placed to build on their success but in two years time this team likely no longer has Neuer, Lewandowski, Muller, Perisic, Boateng, Thiago, Coutinho etc so there's a partial rebuild still needed.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1548 on: August 24, 2020, 01:49:20 pm »
There is a difference between the two, but at the end of the day I would imagine the Qataris don't care which club wins, if they can milk it for their own purposes. Yet, people made it sound like Bayern winning was a huge kick in their arse, which it wasn't...

They will get some benefit from a club they sponsor winning stuff, but that is for a specific business rather than the place and the idea that they didn't care whether the one they own won rather than the one where they are merely a second tier sponsor is a hefty reach indeed.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1549 on: August 24, 2020, 01:57:46 pm »
They will get some benefit from a club they sponsor winning stuff, but that is for a specific business rather than the place and the idea that they didn't care whether the one they own won rather than the one where they are merely a second tier sponsor is a hefty reach indeed.
This, massively. There's a huge difference between a club sponsored by one arm of the Qatari's business empire and a club owned in it's entirety by, in effect, the state itself.

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1550 on: August 24, 2020, 03:11:25 pm »

Okay, I'm sorry that I went over the top. Qatar Airways is just a second tier sponsor for Bayern and in no way did the Qatari dictatorship try and make the final all about them. #Qlassico

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1551 on: August 24, 2020, 04:37:04 pm »
Genuinely amused that anyone could feel sorry for a whinging, play acting, diving, money grabbing,, moaning c*nt like Neymar.

Fantastic on his day, giant twat pretty much 90% of the time though.

I despise the c*nt. he can turn in performances like the 6-1 semi v PSG, but most of the time its gets a tiny touch, goes down screaming like he's broken his leg then rolls about like he's been shot. The mics picked up and absolute beaut last night where he screamed like a girl in a horror film.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #1552 on: August 24, 2020, 06:42:34 pm »
Bit of  a shite final with no fans to be honest

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1553 on: August 24, 2020, 07:00:52 pm »
Hopefully we'll find out next May. Let's be honest, it's the match every neutral as well as both sets of fans now wants to see. Mouthwatering. City, PSG, Chelsea and the rest can quietly fuck off in the KO rounds and choke on their own irrelevance as they usually do.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1554 on: August 25, 2020, 06:23:05 am »
Bit of  a shite final with no fans to be honest

Not really getting the "shite final" shouts. First half was great i thought - decent quality, some good chances for both teams. Okay, second half was a bit disappointing as PSG simply didn't do enough after falling behind, but to just dismiss it as a crap game is wide of the mark. Us vs Spurs last year was a far, far poorer spectacle, not that I care one iota.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #1555 on: September 24, 2020, 10:07:11 pm »
Switched over to the Super Cup after our game.  Surprised to see how Sevilla is not only hanging in there but taking it to Bayern.  Easy to forget how thin Bayern are in a lot of areas.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1556 on: September 24, 2020, 10:16:17 pm »
Switched over to the Super Cup after our game.  Surprised to see how Sevilla is not only hanging in there but taking it to Bayern.  Easy to forget how thin Bayern are in a lot of areas.

They had 2 goals disallowed (correctly), but it has been quite 1-sided.