Author Topic: Steam  (Read 1109 times)

Offline La Vecchia Magpie

• Terry de Niro's Geordie rival...
  • Legacy Fan
Steam
« on: March 16, 2013, 03:19:16 pm »

Recently got FM12, installed it and what not, great, get my season underway, then BAM! Laptop shuts off. Ok...so I switch it on, start my game up again, about 15 minutes later, same thing. This happens two more times in the next hour, by now I'm contemplating suicide. So now I've had to uninstall it. I think the problem was that STEAM thing. I've had older FM's and my laptop has worked fine. If I install it again, then uninstall STEAM, can I still play FM? Or do you HAVE to have steam in order to play FM? Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 12:05:43 pm by The 5th Benitle »
The Wood Preservation Society. Hopefully that shed's the equivalent of Fritzel's cellar.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Steam
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 03:20:14 pm »
Is your laptop overheating?

Offline La Vecchia Magpie

• Terry de Niro's Geordie rival...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 03:24:00 pm »
Nah mate, well, not massively. It has shut dowm through over heating before, but that's only when it's absoloutley boiling hot. This time it wasn't even that hot. I just assumed it was Steam ''casue it was fine before I installed and it was fine after I got rid.
The Wood Preservation Society. Hopefully that shed's the equivalent of Fritzel's cellar.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 05:00:27 pm »
It's almost impossible for Steam to cause your pc to switch off. It's highly unlikely that it is the problem.

Try going to control panel > system > advanced system settings > Start up and recovery Settings

Untick the box that says "automatically restart".

Now try playing again. When the game crashes, if it goes to a blue screen of death, then write down the error message. If it doesn't go to a blue screen of death, and just reboots or switches off, then it's hardware related, and almost certainly caused by your processor overheating.

You could also try downloading realtemp to log your processor temperature so you can verify this.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 05:02:19 pm by Slick_Beef »

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 05:27:01 pm »
There's a hundred other things that you should believe are causing this problem before Steam.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 06:22:24 pm »
That fat bastard Gabe doesn't want you playing footy manager mate! I think you'll find him in the steam folder under blob.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 07:30:38 pm »
is steam working for everyone?

Offline smithy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 07:51:22 pm »
is steam working for everyone?
Seems fine for me. Which part?

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 07:52:31 pm »
it's ok now, i kept getting errors when it was loading up

Offline Craig Mac

• Leeches files boo hiss!
  • Kopite
  • We shall not, we shall not be moved!
« Reply #9 on: November 7, 2018, 04:59:24 pm »
Having problems with steam on my Mac book pro. Not a big gamer but downloaded steam to get the latest football manager. The game will not install, I keep getting the error message saying content servers are not available and I can’t play the game. I’ve tried everything, changing the server location, clearing caches, disabling antivirus and firewalls but nothing seems to work. I wondered if anyone else has had this problem in the past and new how to resolve it? It’s driving me crazy, I’m used to windows too so I’m struggling to do basic things like uninstal and re install steam. I did try this and this didn’t work either!!