Author Topic: UEFA released clubs in Europe who have most debt.  (Read 4267 times)

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
UEFA released clubs in Europe who have most debt.
« on: July 2, 2017, 06:12:08 pm »
Top 20 clubs by net debt

1. Manchester United -€?536m

2. Benfica - €336m

3. Inter Milan - €306m

4. Valencia - €285m

5. QPR - €279m

6. AC Milan - €249m

7. CSKA Moscow - €224m

8. Galatasaray - €222m

9. Juventus - €209m

10. Roma - €208m

11. Sunderland - €208m

12. PSG - €186m

13. Fenerbahçe - €166m

14. Dinamo Moscow - €164m

15. Atlético de Madrid - €164M

16. Liverpool - €163m

17. Olympique Lyonnais - €159m

18. Monaco - €148m

19. Copenhagen - €138m

20. Schalke 04 - €137m

http://en.as.com/en/2017/01/13/football/1484312280_763896.html

Ours is €163mil.Anyone know how much of it related to the stadium loan taken?

Also ridiculous the debt levels of Sunderland and Qpr considering both are in championship.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: UEFA released clubs in Europe who have most debt.
« Reply #1 on: July 2, 2017, 06:16:00 pm »
Thought United would be the 6th

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 2, 2017, 06:28:21 pm »
I still can't believe Benfica are sitting 2nd on that list. They've consistently sold players for considerable amounts for nearly 7/8 years now.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #3 on: July 2, 2017, 06:30:14 pm »

;D

How are Sunderland so badly in Debt?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 2, 2017, 06:30:50 pm »
I still can't believe Benfica are sitting 2nd on that list. They've consistently sold players for considerable amounts for nearly 7/8 years now.
Problem most of those players are 3rd party owned and hence Benfica don't get most of those profits.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 2, 2017, 06:35:56 pm »
All that money from the Premier League, TV money, Champions League and gate money and they are still massively in debt. Something not quite right there.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6 on: July 2, 2017, 06:38:17 pm »
We have about £125m (or so) debt from the new stand...

We are paying that back in five years, so our debt is relatively short term.

How is Atletico's debt so low???  Massive back taxes and a new stadium..  seems odd to me
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: July 2, 2017, 06:40:22 pm »
Quadruple season for United then?

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 2, 2017, 06:47:35 pm »
Problem most of those players are 3rd party owned and hence Benfica don't get most of those profits.

I can imagine that's the case for some of those players, but if you go back to 2010 they've been consistently averaging €50-60m on player sales alone, it's crazy. And it's not as if they invested all the money back into the squad. Just find it surprising that a club like Benfica who don't sit inside the top 20 clubs based on revenue, but consistently make significant amounts from player sales, have such a high net debt. I guess it may come down to how much of the transfer fees they're actually seeing.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #9 on: July 2, 2017, 06:49:53 pm »
We have about £125m (or so) debt from the new stand...

We are paying that back in five years, so our debt is relatively short term.

How is Atletico's debt so low???  Massive back taxes and a new stadium..  seems odd to me

I think their (Atletico) figures may not take into account the new stadium yet (it's not quite ready - though will be soon), plus I imagine they may have got (or will get) a fair wedge from the sale of their old ground?

Could be also that their ground has taken a fairly long time to build (didn't they stop work on it for a while?) - so some figures/costs may be down on previous balance sheets?
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 2, 2017, 06:50:48 pm »

According to the article ,Atletico debt increased by 124% this year.So must have had very low debt last year.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 2, 2017, 06:53:45 pm »
I've just been reading about Atletico's debt...

Very fishy.

They pulled a dodgy accounting trick on their new stadium, but it was beyond the statute of limitations so they got away with it.

Murky off shore funds run by Peter (c*nt) Kenton make me wonder if there isn't another huge scandal here..
M
According to the article ,Atletico debt increased by 124% this year.So must have had very low debt last year.
And yet they had €500m debt in 2014..... fishy!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: July 2, 2017, 06:54:31 pm »
;D

Same with QPR unless I am missing something.
Teams from lower leagues like Galatasaray and Fenerbahce is shocking as well.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #13 on: July 2, 2017, 06:55:34 pm »
Same with QPR unless I am missing something.
Teams from lower leagues like Galatasaray and Fenerbahce is shocking as well.

Jesus just spotted QPR what the fuck?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 2, 2017, 06:58:25 pm »
Quadruple season for United then?

Haters will say this is a glorified friendly debt ;)

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #15 on: July 2, 2017, 07:07:08 pm »
Interesting list. No surprise who is at the top and no surprise we are in it.

May read positively for some other clubs, like Chelsea and City who have spent all that money and are effectively debt free. However when their owners come to sell, they won't be debt free anymore and they will each get what they have put in and more.

I think its also interesting, as people have mentioned to consider how that debt is structured. For example, we have debt there, but its for a new stand and so its effectively good debt, like someone having a mortgage. While Sunderland and QPR, their debts are far more toxic. Especially given where they currently find themselves.

PSG's is intersting, I thought they had oil money and were being bank rolled like City and Chelsea?

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #16 on: July 2, 2017, 07:09:57 pm »
How the hell can a Club the size of Copenhagen get into that sort of Debt?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: July 2, 2017, 07:10:52 pm »
So they are top of 1 league.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: July 2, 2017, 07:12:11 pm »
How the hell can a Club the size of Copenhagen get into that sort of Debt?
theyre part of a bigger group apparently and that debt is for the group not the club

I've just been reading about Atletico's debt...

Very fishy.

They pulled a dodgy accounting trick on their new stadium, but it was beyond the statute of limitations so they got away with it.

Murky off shore funds run by Peter (c*nt) Kenton make me wonder if there isn't another huge scandal here..
MAnd yet they had €500m debt in 2014..... fishy!
didnt some Chinese folk buy a big stake in them around 2015?

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #19 on: July 2, 2017, 07:32:03 pm »
theyre part of a bigger group apparently and that debt is for the group not the club

Is that legal? I mean if its a Group are they lashing the debt onto the Club?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: July 2, 2017, 07:33:30 pm »
didnt some Chinese folk buy a big stake in them around 2015?
Only €45m
W

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #21 on: July 2, 2017, 07:38:12 pm »
All that money from the Premier League, TV money, Champions League and gate money and they are still massively in debt. Something not quite right there.

they keep wasting it on shite?

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: July 2, 2017, 08:09:24 pm »
;D

Fat Sam and his "I'll have a pint of wine?"
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #23 on: July 9, 2017, 03:07:38 pm »

'Uefa’s Aleksander Ceferin talked about a salary cap – but could it ever happen?'...

Aleksander Ceferin, Uefa’s president, has brought up a wage cap to curry favour with poorer leagues but is he being realistic in doing so?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/09/uefa-ceferin-smaller-leagues-talk-wage-cap

^ interesting article that - and how in effect English Football League clubs already operate under a cap of sorts...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 9, 2017, 03:17:44 pm »
'Uefa’s Aleksander Ceferin talked about a salary cap – but could it ever happen?'...

Aleksander Ceferin, Uefa’s president, has brought up a wage cap to curry favour with poorer leagues but is he being realistic in doing so?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/09/uefa-ceferin-smaller-leagues-talk-wage-cap

^ interesting article that - and how in effect English Football League clubs already operate under a cap of sorts...

Personally think a salary cap should have been implemented a long time ago. Not on individual wages, but on club wages. Think the NBA teams do something similar do they not?

It would be hard to do now though because the wage bills have got so high at the big teams. Most of the real big teams now are over £200m so how do you stop it? It would be difficult to retrospectively set it at £200m as you'd then have the spanish giants, bayern, psg and the english clubs all having to sell off players and they would all have very little wiggle room to do it because their players are on such high wages that teams below the cap wouldnt take them.

The only possibility aybe is set it at £250m so as to try stop the trend of it going up and up and up. It would pretty much not even have to be something that 99.999999% of clubs think about. Problem would be the clubs that would need to think about it would be Madrid and Barca, and would UEFA really take those two on?

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #25 on: July 9, 2017, 05:14:30 pm »
😁

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #26 on: July 9, 2017, 08:48:16 pm »
I thought Real and Barcelona also had massive levels of debt? Or is this list not accurate?
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: July 9, 2017, 09:51:43 pm »
I thought Real and Barcelona also had massive levels of debt? Or is this list not accurate?

What is 'Net Debt'
Net debt shows a business's overall financial situation by subtracting the total value of a company's liabilities and debts from the total value of its cash, cash equivalents and other liquid assets, a process called netting. All the information necessary to determine a company's net debt can be found on its balance sheet.

Net Debt = (Short-Term Debt + Long-Term Debt) - Cash and Cash Equivalents

Read more: Net Debt http://www.investopedia.com/terms/n/netdebt.asp#ixzz4mMzZeHMC

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2017, 10:26:28 pm »
Anyone catch Mark Saggers Kick Off segment on TalkSport today, must admit I only caught around 5 minutes of the show as I was being dropped off. He was having a discussion with a group of researchers from Visible, into the level of debt in the English game and it didn't make comfortable listening if you are a Liverpool fan. Will have to use the 'listen again' feature on their website to see the context of it all, it was around 19:30 - 20:00 Monday 10th July, if anyone's interested.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 01:10:11 am by Machae »