Author Topic: Benfica emails leaked online: Identity of Refs mistresses, moles in Sporting and  (Read 3723 times)

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead

Portuguese football, eh!

My Porto mate was only telling me a few weeks ago that he's given up his season ticket at the Estádio do Dragão, as the league is too corrupt. I didn't read into it too much at the time, but low and behold. Details of this corruption have been leaked out in the last few days, as one of the main Benfica culprits email has been hacked.

"Alleged content of Pedro Guerra's mailbox was made available on social networks. Authors have disclosed addresses and passwords of several Benfica officials. The alleged content of Pedro Guerra's email box has been available for download over the internet since Sunday and has been widely discussed on social networks and affiliate forums.

There are more than five thousand messages sent and received by former content director of Benfica TV between 2010 and 2017, in which the names of Nuno Cabral (former league delegate), Adão Mendes (former referee of AF Braga), Carlos Deus Pereira (ex-president of the AG of the League), Horácio Piriquito (ex-FPF member) or Carlos Janela (sports manager) frequently appear as emitters.

Of the e-mails, some of which have already been made public by FC Porto in the Universo Porto da Bancada program and are in the possession of the National Anti-Corruption Unit of the Judicial Police, include personal information and the intimate forum of elements that make up the current (mobile phones, places of residence, club preferences or girlfriends), many of them with the international category."

Sporting's President has already denounced the name of a Sporting mole who facilitated Benfica with access to communications and accounting reports of Sporting.

BenficaTV Communications Director Pedro Guerra says in many of the emails which Referees are Benfica friendly and should be supported with high grades and those that caused Benfica to lose points should be relegated for a couple of years to the Second Division.

As of yet, only two newspapers have placed the leak in their covers and television channels have not even mentioned that the emails that are being investigated by the Criminal Investigation Police are freely available online, as you can see below:

https://imgs.vercapas.com/covers/record/record-2017-12-12-3fdba3.jpg
https://imgs.vercapas.com/covers/a-bola/a-bola-2017-12-12-6b51d4.jpg

EDIT: The emails also contain corruption links from Benfica to certain members of the politics (Using congressman for the deputies of our Assembly)
  • Sérgio Azevedo, "congressman" of PSD (political party), sends confidential information from the Lisbon City Hall and the Police to Pedro Guerra.
  • Alcino Bessa, "congressman " of CDS, asks Benfica to pay him with the purchase of a Hyperbaric chamber;
  • Telmo Correia, "congressman" of CDS, receives a memo with what he should say in the Assembly;
  • Manuel Seabra, congressman of PS, sends confidential government information regarding the selection of the new Secretary of State for Sport.

EDIT 2: Commentators that represent Benfica in a few news channels are now saying that Benfica has to kick out these people who have nothing to do with Benfica (even though they were Benfica officials and one of them was the director of BenficaTV Communication) in a last hail-Mary to try to save face and use them as scape goats of this scandal.

Copied from MSN, via translations, via Reddit.
https://www.msn.com/pt-pt/desporto/futebol/árbitros-favores-e-cartilha-em-emails-expostos-na-net/ar-BBGDoqe?

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
Portuguese football, eh!

My Porto mate was only telling me a few weeks ago that he's given up his season ticket at the Estádio do Dragão, as the league is too corrupt.

Does this mean we can look forward to a Porto mole in our camp feeding them information about our players before the CL tie?! Good luck trying to get any sleazy info about Milner!

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
Any chance that this explodes on them and UEFA throw them out of the CL?
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
Any chance that this explodes on them and UEFA throw them out of the CL?
well, it's Benfica, not Porto

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
well, it's Benfica, not Porto

Portuguese all look the same to me guv.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
Cool, maybe we can get shot of Mourinho while we’re at it.

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
My Grandpa's bike was stolen by the Portuguese in the first world war which lead to him being captured. He hated the Portuguese.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
My Grandpa's bike was stolen by the Portuguese in the first world war which lead to him being captured. He hated the Portuguese.
I was unaware of Portugal’s contribution to WWI but this is quite the tale:
April 9: The Battle of La Lys, as it becomes known in Portugal, or Operation Georgette or the Battle of Estaires to the British, starts with a heavy artillery barrage from the Germans, followed by a German offensive with intensive use of lethal gas. The German Sixth Army deploys eight divisions (about 100,000 men), supported by intensive artillery fire. Against the force, the Portuguese have 20,000 soldiers and 88 guns. As a result, the Second Division is annihilated during the battle. The Portuguese CEP loses 327 officers and 7,098 soldiers, about 35% of its effective fighting capacity. The survivors are sent to the rear, some of the units being integrated into the British Army later on. During this battle, one of the most courageous acts in Portuguese military history is perpetrated, as private Aníbal Milhais (also known as "Soldado Milhões" ["A Soldier as good as a million others" in his commanding officer's words]) defends the retreating allied forces with nothing but his machine gun, allowing them to fall back and regroup. Once he runs out of bullets, he escapes the battlefield. After defeating two German regiments and forcing the remaining German forces to go around him (they find it impossible to defeat what they believe to be an heavily armed post), he gets lost along the way, having to eat nothing but the sweet almonds his family had sent him from Portugal for three days. Lost and exhausted, he is able to rescue a Scottish major from drowning in a swamp. The major leads him to the Allied camp and tells of Milhais's deeds.
An act of bravery finally equalled this week at Old Trafford when a Portuguese general led his troops into enemy lines, before courageously retreating when he got splashed with a bit of milk.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Does this mean we can look forward to a Porto mole in our camp feeding them information about our players before the CL tie?! Good luck trying to get any sleazy info about Milner!
There was that one day Milner had two sugars in his tea and 4 hob nobs instead of 2, riveting stuff.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I live in Lisbon and I only know about this because I saw it on reddit yesterday afternoon, the silence is deafening