Author Topic: Allardyce, Redknapp and The Magical Managerial Merry-Go-Round  (Read 9351 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: Allardyce, Redknapp and The Magical Managerial Merry-Go-Round
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2015, 10:25:05 am »
Can't agree with the xenophobia label, he's got a history of filling his teams with non-UK players, he's always been a manager who is happy to bring in foreign players.  He's got a bunch of mates in the LMA who he thinks should get better jobs, but that's all it is, just self-interest.

And how did he 'destroy' 2 top flight clubs?  If a club chairman is stupid enough to let him have free-reign with a chequebook then it's not his fault, what else is he doing to do except wheel and deal?  Club finances are not down to the manager, they all have a budget to work with - the blame for that lies with the people looking at the accounts.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2015, 10:44:48 am »

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2015, 10:50:44 am »
what else is he doing to do except wheel and deal?  .
Say that to his face. :P
JFT 96

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2015, 10:51:32 am »

How good is that?^^^

Incidentally, no Leeds thread? Odd.
Steve Evans in charge there now?
Leeds United are up there with Liverpool as a great bastion of English football. I's a shame what's going on there.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2015, 06:11:10 pm »
How good is that?^^^

Incidentally, no Leeds thread? Odd.
Steve Evans in charge there now?
Leeds United are up there with Liverpool as a great bastion of English football. I's a shame what's going on there.

Said this to my lad yesterday , his friend in school is a Leeds fan ...if someone can bring them back up they have great potential , they take a huge following away and are yorkshires biggest club . Rodgers could have done a good job there as he's been there and got out that division playing a great brand of football . Whether he'd accept is another matter but it has so much potential

Offline payback

• is full of shit, shit and more shit, oh and chillies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2015, 06:21:51 pm »
What exactly did he do that lead you to the conclusion that he's a c*nt?
'arry on hicks and gillett:

"In all of this, I have utmost sympathy for the Reds' owners, George Gillett and Tom Hicks.

"All they seem to have done is plough a fortune into the place and they stand to lose a fortune when they sell it. But, for all that, all they get is grief week-in, week-out.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2015, 06:25:05 pm »
Can't agree with the xenophobia label, he's got a history of filling his teams with non-UK players, he's always been a manager who is happy to bring in foreign players.  He's got a bunch of mates in the LMA who he thinks should get better jobs, but that's all it is, just self-interest.

And how did he 'destroy' 2 top flight clubs?  If a club chairman is stupid enough to let him have free-reign with a chequebook then it's not his fault, what else is he doing to do except wheel and deal?  Club finances are not down to the manager, they all have a budget to work with - the blame for that lies with the people looking at the accounts.

Finally a sensible post

I see people using the word xenophobia on here quite regularly

Half of them clearly don't know what it actually means
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2015, 07:39:58 pm »
Finally a sensible post

I see people using the word xenophobia on here quite regularly

Half of them clearly don't know what it actually means

'Arry only cares about 'Arry.

He'll buy foreign players and spout shite about foreign managers because they take away from English coaches being given a chance.

He had a son, Jamie who spent 11 years at Liverpool. And dear ol' 'Arry can't wait to sell every story to The S*n. As if the 11 years his son was at Liverpool Harry never understood what Hillsborough and Justice for the 96 meant to Liverpool FC and it's supporters. 'Arry can do one. :wanker

You can read this if you're up for it:
http://bornoffside.net/2013/04/exposing-the-myth-of-harry-redknapp/
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2015, 07:49:14 pm »

I don't think they come anywhere close to us mate. They've only won the league 3 times.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2015, 09:24:53 pm »
'Arry only cares about 'Arry.

He'll buy foreign players and spout shite about foreign managers because they take away from English coaches being given a chance.

He had a son, Jamie who spent 11 years at Liverpool. And dear ol' 'Arry can't wait to sell every story to The S*n. As if the 11 years his son was at Liverpool Harry never understood what Hillsborough and Justice for the 96 meant to Liverpool FC and it's supporters. 'Arry can do one. :wanker

You can read this if you're up for it:
http://bornoffside.net/2013/04/exposing-the-myth-of-harry-redknapp/
Good link, outlines his real managerial mediocrity.

I'm trying to think of anything he has ever said or written that has made me feel better, lighter, or more informed, or more in love with football, for having heard it. And I can't, which considering how much he says, is odd, unless the obvious conclusion is the correct conclusion, that he's a self-aggrandising blaming c*nt who, if you knew him in real life, you would avoid, as a self-centered c*nt who brings negativity to the party.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2015, 08:57:14 am »
There seems to be a lot of disproportional hatred for some fairly inoffensive characters on here sometimes. Lineker, Tyler, Pardew etc.. not United/Everton affiliated (I don't consider Lineker to be) but still cop a lot hate on here.

yes there is and I bet non of those making accusations have ever met either man, I can say I have met Sam Allardyce and Redknapp's Son Jamie.Big Sam has a Villa quite near to my home and now he has Jamie Carragher as a neighbor, Big Sam is a person who is very funny and pays his round. I never went out for a drink with Jamie Redknapp but he was polite and well mannered when we chatted, another ex manager here is Terry Venables and like big Sam is great company, pays his round and very funny.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 08:59:39 am by vicgill »
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2016, 06:54:35 pm »
Some managerial shakeups:

• Lucescu to Zenit
• Favre to Nice
• Weinzierl to Schalke
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2016, 07:14:16 pm »
Some managerial shakeups:

• Lucescu to Zenit
• Favre to Nice
• Weinzierl to Schalke

Moyes to Everton.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2016, 07:15:30 pm »
Moyes to Everton.

You're going to be like a 5 year old at Xmas if it happens aren't you :D

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2016, 08:06:41 pm »
Has Villas Boas been linked with anyone?... Thought I read Schalke but obviously not.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: June 1, 2016, 10:02:05 pm »
• Nuno to Porto
• Fonseca to Shakhtar
« Last Edit: June 1, 2016, 10:06:10 pm by Kopenhagen »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #56 on: June 2, 2016, 01:44:03 pm »
Owen Coyle to Blackburn.

Christ on a fukin bike they really are in the shit.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #57 on: June 2, 2016, 01:57:30 pm »
Villa got Di matteo. Bet we'll hear them touting out how they have a 'Cl winning manager' even though he was the spawniest manager in history.
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #58 on: June 2, 2016, 02:58:04 pm »
Gary Monk to Leeds - good luck to him!

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #59 on: June 2, 2016, 03:16:36 pm »
Gary Monk to Leeds - good luck to him!

6 people have managed Leeds since Jack Wilshere last played 90 minutes for Arsenal, per Conor McNamara, so I won't hold out much hope.

Owen Coyle to Blackburn is bizarre. He got sacked by Houston Dynamo last week who are bottom of their MLS conference.  It really is a merry-go-around for failed managers.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 4, 2016, 11:59:52 pm »
Colin Wanker to be next manager of Cardiff: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37558965

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 5, 2016, 04:56:00 am »
Colin Wanker to be next manager of Cardiff: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37558965
Back in 2007:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/2794523/warnock-this-is-my-last-job

New Crystal Palace boss Colin Wanker has revealed his latest job will be his last in management.

Warnock was confirmed as Peter Taylor's successor on Thursday following his sacking earlier this week.

The 58-year-old, who has been out of work since leaving Sheffield United at the end of last season, is looking forward to the challenge of turning around Palace's fortunes.

"This is my last job - there won't be another job for me," Warnock told Sky Sports News.

"I feel I have got something to offer Simon [Jordan] and this job."

Warnock also revealed that he had turned down several other job offers before taking up the role at Palace.

"Yes [there were offers] when I left, the best part of five or six decent offers," added Warnock.

"Initially I did not feel it was right to jump right into the first job that came along."

Warnock confirmed he will be bringing in Mick Jones and Keith Curle as part of his backroom team at Selhurst Park and that he will talk with former caretaker manager Kit Symons about his future at the club.

"I am hoping to see Kit and I always have a lot of respect for Kit," continued Warnock.

"I am bringing in a couple of people. Mick Jones, who has been assistant in the past, is coming in and Keith Curle too as a coach.

"I do feel I need one or two of my own men and I will be talking to the staff today and the players tomorrow."

::)

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #62 on: October 5, 2016, 11:02:26 am »
Back in 2007:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/2794523/warnock-this-is-my-last-job

::)

He's had 6 appointments since leaving the Palace job which was going to be his last one.