Author Topic: Liverpool 2 - 2 Sunderland (Firmino 58' Lallana 69' Johnson 82' Defoe 88')  (Read 68618 times)

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool 2 - 2 Sunderland (Firmino 58' Lallana 69' Johnson 82' Defoe 88')
« Reply #1080 on: February 7, 2016, 03:43:38 pm »
Don't have to look to the players for that, look to Klopp. Since he came in we've moved backwards, yet the majority are not only absolving him of all blame, they're also taking for granted he will turn it around.

He did well in Germany. So far in England he's failed spectacularly. Hopefully he turns it around sooner rather than later.

Failed spectacularly? Are you a manc on a wind up or what?

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1081 on: February 7, 2016, 03:44:42 pm »
I had nothing against MIgs. Then I saw what Cech did today for Arsenal. And I thought, well that could have been us. Except we have Migs.

1.03 saves per goal.  ::)

For a team struggling for goals its unsustainable to have him in goal conceding at that rate.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #1082 on: February 7, 2016, 03:48:24 pm »
cost us 15 points apparently, 10 extra would have seen us into top four, but fear not five more years of mig the merciful

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1083 on: February 7, 2016, 03:50:04 pm »
We judge players' over periods of 45 minutes but we shouldn't say anything at all about Klopp's first five months, on a football forum meant for discussing the team he's managing?

Well, I respectfully disagree.

I could be wrong but my take on your contribution to this debate is that you thought Klopp would arrive and immediately turn a squad of average footballers bereft of most of their fit strikers into world beaters overnight, the five months problem  you are assessing is purely a product of your own irrational expectations in such a short time which has led to sulking because he could not achieve the miracle you wanted.

Either that or you are a Wum, as for gone backwards you're right we reversed straight into a final at Anfield South, go figure that one out.

Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1084 on: February 7, 2016, 03:53:38 pm »
Think it's fair to say that Klopp could be getting more out of this squad than he currently is.

Even despite the context of arriving after the season had started, the injuries, the schedule.

Obviously he's had speed bumps along the way, but that's what management is. You face difficulty and you need to overcome it.

Klopp could probably be overcoming it to a greater degree than he is right now, we're really really awful.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1085 on: February 7, 2016, 03:54:21 pm »
cost us 15 points apparently, 10 extra would have seen us into top four, but fear not five more years of mig the merciful

Unless I'm completely wrong it strikes me that Klopp is a ruthless man who does not suffer fools. Look how quickly he banished Bogdan and his reluctance to use Benteke. He'll be replaced along  with most 1 or 2 of those defenders.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1086 on: February 7, 2016, 03:55:28 pm »
Think it's fair to say that Klopp could be getting more out of this squad than he currently is.

This squad isn't his and most of it's decent/ mediocre if we're being honest. It's why in the summer a lot of this deadwood will be shown the door and good riddance.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1087 on: February 7, 2016, 03:56:45 pm »
I could be wrong but my take on your contribution to this debate is that you thought Klopp would arrive and immediately turn a squad of average footballers bereft of most of their fit strikers into world beaters overnight, the five months problem  you are assessing is purely a product of your own irrational expectations in such a short time which has led to sulking because he could not achieve the miracle you wanted.

Either that or you are a Wum, as for gone backwards you're right we reversed straight into a final at Anfield South, go figure that one out.

That isn't how I read the post.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1088 on: February 7, 2016, 03:58:37 pm »
Bloody hell.... From you Geoff that's damning...

I like Moreno, but I think he's only an option in some matches myself..

He frustrates the hell out of me because there is the elements of being a good player in him if he had better game intelligence but he never looks at the bigger picture, he scored a cracker at Spurs when he first arrived and every game he is trying to do the same when a pass is the right thing to do and in general his shooting makes JAR look like sharpshooter. His defensive tackling is suspect the pen he gave away against Norwich was almost a mugging and the one yesterday was total stupidity.

Might be also i was a Left Back myself in the prehistoric age Tepid ;D
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1089 on: February 7, 2016, 04:07:46 pm »
We need a huge upgrade at left back. Maybe Kloppo can convert him into a winger/wingback because he'll continue to fuck up at left back for us if he keeps getting played there.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #1090 on: February 7, 2016, 04:18:45 pm »
I wonder if "failed spectacularly" when translated into [whatever] means the same thing? Oh wait - it does. I wonder if anyone would disagree that suggesting our manager has "failed spectacularly" is a disrespectful thing to say? Hmm. I don't need to wonder. I think it IS disrespectful.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2016, 10:15:58 am by 24/7 »

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1091 on: February 7, 2016, 04:19:12 pm »
We need a huge upgrade at left back. Maybe Kloppo can convert him into a winger/wingback because he'll continue to fuck up at left back for us if he keeps getting played there.

I think its going to happen, we've been linked with a few since Klopp came in so its an area where it looks like we might be looking to improve on in the near future.

Its a shame because its hard not to like a player like Moreno who has so much enthusiasm and will do his bit for the team.  We just can't carry a left-back with so little defensive intelligence and nous.  Yeah he's alright going forward but in this league you have to able to defend and he just doesn't look good enough in that respect. 

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #1092 on: February 7, 2016, 04:21:03 pm »
Mercy killing locking.

Round table, anyone?