Author Topic: It's Snowing!!  (Read 308481 times)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Re: It's Snowing!!
« Reply #4640 on: December 2, 2023, 09:01:30 pm »
Is that Preston with a cold?

Firt glass dicket du dottingham blease
;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XZpLmeTdcBA&amp;t=3s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XZpLmeTdcBA&amp;t=3s</a>

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #4641 on: December 2, 2023, 11:59:39 pm »
Who fancies a snowie then ?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4642 on: December 3, 2023, 12:17:06 am »
Just got in from a do in longsight, proper snowing here, big massive flakes, probably be melted by morning though
Jurgen YNWA

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4643 on: December 3, 2023, 09:30:31 am »
Yesterday mornings walk, I wish I left it until today as there's been a canny bit of snow fall through the night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb5ssJDuO6M&t=186s

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4644 on: December 3, 2023, 09:31:32 am »
Black Ice now. Not so fun.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4645 on: December 3, 2023, 09:35:55 am »
I've cancelled my trip to Sheffield tomorrow. 

It would be highly hypocritical of me to call people stupid for getting caught out then doing exactly the same 🤦

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #4646 on: December 3, 2023, 10:04:36 am »
No snow in Anfield if anyone is wondering. Hope it stays that way.
We are a team of one half.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #4647 on: December 3, 2023, 10:08:37 am »
No snow in Anfield if anyone is wondering. Hope it stays that way.
We had a light covering in Sefton Park late last night. Most of it has melted and it's just very misty now. Forecast to stay above freezing, but not by much. It's a day to wrap up well if going to the match.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4648 on: December 3, 2023, 04:15:33 pm »
Is still well misty over Sefton Park hours later. Is clearer now than it was though

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4649 on: December 3, 2023, 05:40:43 pm »
Just back from a dog show in Lydiate. Cold and wet. Frozen ground underfoot. Just 2°c above freezing. All the mist has gone though.

Come back clear, crisp and frosty. Please.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4650 on: December 3, 2023, 07:38:39 pm »
Been raining on and off here, hope it doesn’t freeze or me and the dog will be skating tomorrow morning 😫

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4651 on: December 3, 2023, 07:54:06 pm »
Been raining on and off here, hope it doesn’t freeze or me and the dog will be skating tomorrow morning 😫
You should be ok. A low of 2°c overnight. Rain tomorrow with a high of 4°c.

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4652 on: January 16, 2024, 02:50:32 am »
Just got back in from a nice walk around the city centre in the snow. ;D

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4653 on: January 16, 2024, 07:29:13 am »
This will be a snowball fight fun walk to school this morning.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4654 on: January 16, 2024, 08:15:40 am »
This will be a snowball fight fun walk to school this morning.
If you can actually find a school that's open. It's pathetic. Two inches of wet snow and half the schools in the city are closed.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4655 on: January 16, 2024, 08:20:44 am »
If you can actually find a school that's open. It's pathetic. Two inches of wet snow and half the schools in the city are closed.

Somehow weve grown and are drowing a generation of fucking fannies. How did the generations after us become so fucking soft? Get to work and school you soft shites
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #4656 on: January 16, 2024, 08:36:42 am »

My granddaughter's in Aigburth is open, much to her dismay  :D
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #4657 on: January 16, 2024, 08:52:28 am »
Somehow weve grown and are drowing a generation of fucking fannies. How did the generations after us become so fucking soft? Get to work and school you soft shites

We'd be having snowie fights on our way to school now in our shorts .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4658 on: January 16, 2024, 08:53:33 am »
Snowman nailed by 08:30! No school closed here.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4659 on: January 16, 2024, 08:57:42 am »

Exactly.

My youngest asked was school closed, said no and sent him off, he was then having a snowball fight at the bus stop
Jurgen YNWA

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4660 on: January 16, 2024, 09:16:25 am »
Woolton primary leading the way with no problems. Outside on Kings Drive however its chaos with the gritter stuck at the bottom.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #4661 on: January 16, 2024, 09:21:14 am »
Exactly.

My youngest asked was school closed, said no and sent him off, he was then having a snowball fight at the bus stop

I remember next to Mab Lane on Cornerbrook there were garages. Someone gets up and goes ' there's ice on here ' so we all decided to get up and slide on it. Me best mate ( still to this day ) took a big run up and slid right off the garages and had to go to hozzy .   ;D

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4662 on: January 16, 2024, 10:30:24 am »
I remember next to Mab Lane on Cornerbrook there were garages. Someone gets up and goes ' there's ice on here ' so we all decided to get up and slide on it. Me best mate ( still to this day ) took a big run up and slid right off the garages and had to go to hozzy .   ;D

;D

One year at school, someone from St Kevs threw a snowball at one of the kitchen windows, smashed the window it was wrapped around a spanner
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4663 on: January 16, 2024, 11:03:37 am »
It's bizarre, isn't it. It never crossed our minds that our school might be closed by snow when we were kids. We opened the curtains, saw the snow then couldn't wait to get our breakfast down us so we could get out in it. If anything got us out of bed and off to school quicker than anything, it was a snowfall.

My Dad was also straight off to work, usually outdoors, as a joiner. It was just a normal part of winter back then. Now, a relatively light snowfall is greeted like the end of days.

I've not seen any school kids at all around Sefton Park or Ullet Road. A few kids out building snowmen (or is it a snow person now?) in the park early on though. Still plenty of lying snow, although it's above freezing so thawing slowly.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #4664 on: January 16, 2024, 11:03:58 am »
;D

One year at school, someone from St Kevs threw a snowball at one of the kitchen windows, smashed the window it was wrapped around a spanner

I remember dog shit ones but never spanners around ours .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4665 on: January 16, 2024, 11:08:41 am »
We did used to put stones in snowballs. Or keep moulding the snowball for a long time with warm hands until it turned into a heavy ice ball. I accidentally smashed a window on the Liverpool Arms pub with an ice ball after throwing it at a mate and he ducked.  :D

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4666 on: January 16, 2024, 01:05:46 pm »
Lobbed a snowball at the lake in Greenbank Park and it skidded for ages  ;D frozen

Seagulls skating over it

« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 01:12:28 pm by ToneLa »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4667 on: January 16, 2024, 01:13:56 pm »

There was always murder between Ruffwood and St Kevs, it was mainly stones in the snowies though. One hit our deputy head and split his forehead open, we got banned from the tennis courts then so that there was no more blood.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #4668 on: January 16, 2024, 01:55:34 pm »

Snow at school was amongst the best things ever. My school was at the top of a hill and it never stopped us. Bus couldn`t get up, you walked. It was as simple as that. Never remember it getting closed for 'weather'.

I did get a bloody nose a few times in snowball fights. I could be involved in normal fights and never get a bloody nose. Snowballs seemed to create a specific nose bleed
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #4669 on: January 16, 2024, 03:46:00 pm »
Somehow weve grown and are drowing a generation of fucking fannies. How did the generations after us become so fucking soft?

When the generation before them became so litigious.

I blame Rex Makin.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #4670 on: January 16, 2024, 03:49:56 pm »
I remember a few really snowy spells when I was in primary school. They used to ban us from the playground - but let us have breaks/lunchtime on the field. Snowball fights were officially banned but if you went to some far flung corner, the teachers wouldn't be arsed.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4671 on: January 16, 2024, 03:50:41 pm »

I blame Rex Makin.

I blame the Americans
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4672 on: January 16, 2024, 05:58:39 pm »
I blame the Americans

You do need to get written permission/email from the city to have a snowball fight on public/city land.Schools etc. We've had a few inches this mrning going over to ice/rain at the moment.Bit of a pain shovelling the sidewalk.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4673 on: January 16, 2024, 07:12:12 pm »
We did used to put stones in snowballs. Or keep moulding the snowball for a long time with warm hands until it turned into a heavy ice ball. I accidentally smashed a window on the Liverpool Arms pub with an ice ball after throwing it at a mate and he ducked.  :D

Yea, compacting them into ice balls was fun. That hurt if you caught one in your mush on a cold morning.  :D
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4674 on: January 16, 2024, 07:26:26 pm »
For all the pretty pictures, I'm hating the snow. It doesn't help that I have some sort of infection so I am freezing all the time, especially now. I am relieved I'm working from home tomorrow.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4675 on: January 16, 2024, 07:26:33 pm »
Yea, compacting them into ice balls was fun. That hurt if you caught one in your mush on a cold morning.  :D
Got suspended at primary school for throwing a snowball at someone's head (hit their forehead). Could have had "ice" in it and cause eye damage if it was a little lower ::)

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4676 on: January 16, 2024, 09:48:33 pm »

Is the answer. :(
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."