Author Topic: Amenhotep Hotshots v Liverpool FC - 1-1 (Milner 42' (p), Rose 72')  (Read 61586 times)

Offline West Cork Red

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Amenhotep Hotshots v Liverpool FC - 1-1 (Milner 42' (p), Rose 72')
« Reply #1000 on: August 30, 2016, 07:17:32 am »
The only problem is by the time we get into our stride we'll already be out of the title or top 4 race.

3 games and already 5 points behind the Mancs....
Well something has to give with one of them next week :lickin

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1001 on: August 30, 2016, 10:33:15 am »
Before Sky, I swear they never even used to publish a table in the paper until 4 or 5 games in. Did I make this up? I was only a kid but I'm sure I remember this.

Anyway as far as I can tell the table doesn't exist yet.

Yup.  Usually about 5 games in the table would appear.  Before that, you'd joke about X being top of the league or unbeaten but no one seeing it as significant.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1002 on: August 30, 2016, 11:53:15 am »
Don’t really know where to post this, so posting it here.

Our luck is sickening at times. How is it that we seem to have such bad luck?

Take Mane’s offside goal, for example. There was hardly anything in it, yet the lino, who wasn’t even in line, puts his flag up for offside. Compare that to Ibra’s offside winner against Leicester. Compare that luck.

Coutinho and Rose had identical chances to score during last weekend’s game. Coutinho’s shot was hit clean and it went straight to the GK. Saved. Rose scuffs his and it ends up in the bottom corner. Compare that luck.

Not only that, but the Burnley game.. they had 2 shots on target against us and they end up being unstoppable goals from the keeper’s perspective. We pepper their goal all game to no avail. Compare that to United, who score a last minute tap in against Hull to win a game that had draw written all over it. 

Costa scores a winning goal for Chelsea after he should have been sent off. Twice. That’s 4 points Chelsea have gained from his luck.

Mane scores when he shouldn’t be on the pitch. FINALLY. A bit of luck comes our way. Wait.. no, offside.

We’re cursed.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1003 on: August 30, 2016, 11:54:54 am »
Yup.  Usually about 5 games in the table would appear.  Before that, you'd joke about X being top of the league or unbeaten but no one seeing it as significant.

If I recall the first table would appear in the Echo after 3 games.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1004 on: August 30, 2016, 12:47:49 pm »
Snip*

We were very unfortunate not to come away with the 3pts.

If you switch calls for both offside decisions..plus Matip's penalty not given & the chance Phil should have buried..1-1 becomes 0-3.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Lord Azlan

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1005 on: August 30, 2016, 01:34:29 pm »
Another game where we snatched a draw from the jaws of three points.

The question is whether we are the same as we ever was or is this a new Reds team coming through?

4 points away to Arsenal and Tottenham are good results. But I have never believed that our corresponding Home games would be certain wins. We could easily lose both.

I thought we did enough to win but as normal just could not find the final pass to create many clear cut chances.

Milner did a fantastic job at left back but his lack of pace and maybe stamina became an issue as the game went on. Shame Moreno did not come on around 60-65 mins. That is worrying.

I can see the potential in Wijnaldum but he has still to convince me he is THAT much better than Allen. I reckon his strength and stamina are upgrades. But what does he do? Break up the game, tackling or passing. Looks like an interesting player though. Maybe the home games will suit him more as the Toon Army told us.

I thought Henderson had a great game and Bob was sublime. Sometimes it is like he sees things before others can.

Migs beaten at the near post again? Hmmmm.

Our strikers don't look match fit. I don't think Sturridge has ever recovered from his last long injury lay off.

Mane? Lucky to stay on the pitch. I thought Klopp would take him off at half time or something.

Four points+ in the next two games will show the Barnsley result as an aberration and if it don't happen again this season I will be happy with this start to 2016/17 season.

Offline mersey pirate

• Main Stander
« Reply #1006 on: August 30, 2016, 05:47:50 pm »
What I find most amusing regarding this result is that some people seem genuinely upset that a close offside goal was correctly ruled offside. Same goes for calling it unlucky. Unbelievable.
The captain is fantastic.