Author Topic: Negativity on RAWK  (Read 33767 times)

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
Re: Negativity on RAWK
« Reply #400 on: October 21, 2014, 06:00:06 pm »
Yes that would be very unfair, luckily we've never suggested anything of the sort, only asking that criticism is constructive and not just 'we were shite' 'Balotelli is rubbish' etc.
Last year all the short-hand negative comments were vented in the post match thread, users used it as a realise sort of, just to have a moan (I tend to avoid it after defeats myself). The longer more detailed comments were saved for the round-table thread. I thought that system worked quite well.

"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #401 on: October 21, 2014, 06:09:43 pm »
Sunday for me is what football is all about, up and down, rollercoaster ride that put me through every emotional feeling imaginable. Yourself also it seems. Did it cross your mind to come on here and play fuck ? Your first post, seconds after the final whistle, "Right, where's RAWK, I'm gonna go mad".

I think most on here were ready to vent, it looked like we'd thrown it away twice, people were still in that mindset.

I honestly think folk come on here, drop a hand grenade, then disappear. I've done it, you've probably done it. But for some, it's all they do, and that's what spoils it. At this point the elation at winning turns to moaning at how shit we were and how crap this weeks scapegoat is. It's organic, if you re read the post match you can see it happening.

I honestly don't understand what possesses people to do that.  I was hopping about with joy.  We were rubbish but we still won.  Yeah.  Brilliant.  You can laugh at the opposition.  It is for them to moan and fester, not us surely?  And the more they say "You lucky fuckers" the more I say "Yeah aint we just".  And laugh.  No intentions of beating myself up when we've won.  What do some people want?  Bows on it?  And I thought the manager and captain didn't have to do the breast beating "We were awful" routine.  We won didn't we?  We didn't cheat.  So who the fuck cares how we did it? 

I would respectfully suggest a cooling off period of a day before the after match thread kicks off.  Some of the comments on there are awful. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: October 21, 2014, 06:15:39 pm »

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #403 on: October 21, 2014, 08:23:22 pm »
I would respectfully suggest a cooling off period of a day before the after match thread kicks off.

Or 16 pints, that'll do it
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #404 on: October 21, 2014, 10:30:05 pm »
Or 16 pints, that'll do it

Even better.   ;D
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline jamieredders

• Legacy Fan
  • Upper Centenary Boys - We Are Here
    • Live Online Footy at a bargain price
« Reply #405 on: October 21, 2014, 10:40:52 pm »
We have suffered for years watching the Mancs snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

When we do it, we are shite.

You learn on this forum that there are Liverpool supporters and there are Liverpool followers.  It's easy to spot the difference.

Proud to be a supporter ta very much.

Now lets go and smash Madrid and that little tosser of a Manc

:scarf

Season Ticket Holder in 2011.  A 16 year wait for a top seat in CE6.

Offline KK Legend

• Anny Roader
« Reply #406 on: October 21, 2014, 11:03:58 pm »

There seems to be a sneeriness to it to. A closet bullying. And it's the way of the world now with the Internet. People can be bullies in hiding. They can say someone is shit, useless, a c*nt, etc, all behind the safety of a computer screen. It's a bullying mentality. Get on a players back, bully him to play better, not encourage him to play better.

Horrible world we live in, and it's filtered over to the 'fan' (hesitate to use the word 'supporter'.

And exactly the same can be said when you have those who won't have (allow) a critique said against the manager, players or team as a whole.

It's a forum, a place to offer an opinion, a throw away opinion at that. Not a place to be censored or "bullied" because your opinion doesn't fit, unless that is, if said opinion is way ott, abusive, racist or any of that kind of stuff.

If people want to say Balotelli was poor, or Rodgers is struggling on our defensive side of the game or anything else they have a problem with about our team at the minute and describe why they feel that way. Personally, don't see a problem with that. So, the bullying thing works both ways eh Paul?

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: October 21, 2014, 11:51:14 pm »

And exactly the same can be said when you have those who won't have (allow) a critique said against the manager, players or team as a whole.

It's a forum, a place to offer an opinion, a throw away opinion at that. Not a place to be censored or "bullied" because your opinion doesn't fit, unless that is, if said opinion is way ott, abusive, racist or any of that kind of stuff.

If people want to say Balotelli was poor, or Rodgers is struggling on our defensive side of the game or anything else they have a problem with about our team at the minute and describe why they feel that way. Personally, don't see a problem with that. So, the bullying thing works both ways eh Paul?

You clearly didn't read the post match thread did you ,"Balotelli was poor" and "Rodgers is struggling on our defensive side of the game" ? Are you having a fucking laugh like ! If you weren't reading it at the time or can't be arsed to do your homework on what was said by a lot of posters then don't comment ,pretty simple logic really.

I'm off to bed so don't expect a immediate response.

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #408 on: October 22, 2014, 12:23:35 am »

No one says you shouldn't be allowed a critique. It would be welcome. This isn't about differing opinions, it's about people writing shite, kneejerkism, constant moaning and taking no joy from seeing us win. Read the OP.

No-one wants to censor or bully anyone. See above. The kind of opinions I'm discussing ARE often the ones that are 'way ott'. Furthermore, there are long term posters (I don't particularly include myself in this) who are valued members of the site, who write quality articles about our history or our tactics etc who have left because of the negative cr*p spouted by some posters, and more who are fed up with it. They've been pushed away to the detriment of the forum and that's far worse than telling the odd poster to wind it in for moaning too much.

People can say whatever they want and I have no problem with it. This isn't about opinions, it's about the form more than the content. Critique and debate properly, don't write shite then leave.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #409 on: October 22, 2014, 06:56:39 am »
Like teen angst, this phase will stop feeling cool after a while.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #410 on: October 22, 2014, 08:59:41 am »

You clearly didn't read the post match thread did you ,"Balotelli was poor" and "Rodgers is struggling on our defensive side of the game" ? Are you having a fucking laugh like ! If you weren't reading it at the time or can't be arsed to do your homework on what was said by a lot of posters then don't comment ,pretty simple logic really.

I'm off to bed so don't expect a immediate response.
Craig, think about this for a minute- now the site's become as big as it is (and this isn't a complaint about opening registrations, just a statement of fact), if you're looking for intelligent debate and constructive criticism, and you're going in the post-match thread to find it, then you haven't learnt much from past games. Ignore or report or wait for the RT if they wind you up. Generally speaking, now the player threads have gone, the site's easier to read. And i agree with the general sentiments of the OP, but the first 10 pages after the game? Forget it. Great place to look for ban fodder or manc wums (pretty sure the mods can't be arsed though, and who can blame them?) but size of the site now?Fighting a losing battle if you think the post-match will change.

Anyway, IT'S WEDNESDAY!!! :)

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #411 on: October 22, 2014, 09:58:45 am »
Eh ?

I'll try again ;)

they've been working on the training ground all week for the match and it all went to Shit

Just calling out the irony that in your measured response, you still indicated that we were shit...  :thumbup
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:08:52 am by kcbworth »

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #412 on: October 22, 2014, 11:57:51 am »
Both positive and negative opinions are welcome on RAWK, it’s not the opinion that’s the problem it’s how some people voice their opinion that we (at times) have issue with.

This thread is just going round in circles now, it feels like good cop bad cop, point's made, move on, huge game tonight.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:59:49 am by Mummy Spartacus (Mrs) »
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: October 22, 2014, 12:01:12 pm »
mellor ;) ;D
Yep.

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #414 on: October 22, 2014, 12:02:22 pm »
You posted in my locked thread, that's a banning for you !!!
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: October 22, 2014, 02:21:20 pm »
;D

oops done it again...
Yep.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim