Author Topic: Premier League fixtures 13th-17th February  (Read 28277 times)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Re: Premier League fixtures 13th-17th February
« Reply #720 on: February 17, 2021, 10:06:56 pm »
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #721 on: February 17, 2021, 10:07:11 pm »
No red card for Rodriguez? Not even looked at it seems
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #722 on: February 17, 2021, 10:08:03 pm »
Wonder will Tyler and Neville continue spinning a title race involving UTD this weekend?

100% Yernited are still in it...

I mean lost at home to Sheffield United

and drew against Everton and West Brom
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #723 on: February 17, 2021, 10:08:11 pm »
Just makes you appreciate what we did last year even more so and the year before.

exactly.

I thought we’d never manage it as long as scum like Abu Dhabi was funding a team.

But then Jürgen Klopp turned up.

Whatever happens form now on, that doesn’t change, we managed to win despite it. And it really did mean so much more, as nothing Abu Dhabi FC wins means a thing, just means they get to sports wash their regime with a bit more gloss.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #724 on: February 17, 2021, 10:08:49 pm »
Was Rodriguez playing from the start or did he come on? He is fucking shite.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #725 on: February 17, 2021, 10:09:40 pm »
Was Rodriguez playing from the start or did he come on? He is fucking shite.

He came on.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #726 on: February 17, 2021, 10:13:53 pm »
Jordan 'Rubber Wrists' Pickford.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #727 on: February 17, 2021, 10:19:11 pm »
Nothing to fear from Everton after that display.
#JFT97

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #728 on: February 17, 2021, 10:24:28 pm »
I am still amazed at how Pep has basically changed the way they play so completely.  I honestly can't think of another example in recent memory.  I think there is an interview where he says that due to Covid the players can't run the same and then adjusted accordingly to where they just hold the ball and defend in numbers and the other teams can do fuck all.  I still expect him to fuck it up in the CL in some bonkers way as he always does but this might be his best managerial job of his career while acknowledging the ridiculous advantages he has already.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #729 on: February 17, 2021, 10:26:12 pm »
Nothing to fear from Everton after that display.

Apart from season ender tackles
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #730 on: February 17, 2021, 10:31:20 pm »
Apart from season ender tackles

ouch
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #731 on: February 17, 2021, 10:37:06 pm »
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #732 on: February 17, 2021, 10:59:26 pm »
I am still amazed at how Pep has basically changed the way they play so completely.  I honestly can't think of another example in recent memory.  I think there is an interview where he says that due to Covid the players can't run the same and then adjusted accordingly to where they just hold the ball and defend in numbers and the other teams can do fuck all.  I still expect him to fuck it up in the CL in some bonkers way as he always does but this might be his best managerial job of his career while acknowledging the ridiculous advantages he has already.

It helps when you have a blank checkbook and you can buy defenders over and over again for record fees up until you eventually find the right player.

He's also had enough time over the last 8 years to learn the weakness of his system by now.

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: February 17, 2021, 11:22:16 pm »
Has pep actually had to manage a team or has every club he has ‘ managed ‘ basically had either a blank cheque book or already inherited the best team , by a mile, in their respective league.
Let him manage say a Newcastle, West Brom etc  type side for a few years and see where they end up

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #734 on: February 17, 2021, 11:44:35 pm »
Wonder will Tyler and Neville continue spinning a title race involving UTD this weekend?

Top 4 race is insane enough to keep them going till the end of the season now I’d say

Chelsea sacking lampard the bastards
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #735 on: February 18, 2021, 12:04:23 am »
Has pep actually had to manage a team or has every club he has ‘ managed ‘ basically had either a blank cheque book or already inherited the best team , by a mile, in their respective league.
Let him manage say a Newcastle, West Brom etc  type side for a few years and see where they end up

I can’t stand Guardiola and have zero respect for him, but that theory/argument/query never holds for me - cos why should he basically. He’s been in a position to do these jobs, so have at it!

He’s admitted the way he coaches means he has to have top quality players, so it is what it is. He’s a perfectionist and a control freak, and what he does means he needs to have damn good players to follow his methods.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #736 on: February 18, 2021, 02:32:20 am »
It helps when you have a blank checkbook and you can buy defenders over and over again for record fees up until you eventually find the right player.

He's also had enough time over the last 8 years to learn the weakness of his system by now.

Without going on a long diatribe he's not playing the same system.  I think the point still stands where I've never seen a change like that and it come off to make you champion.  Maybe Conte in moving to a back 3 for Chelsea?  But they played the same way it was just adding another defender made them more stable.  Otherwise I'm out of ideas.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: February 18, 2021, 02:45:05 am »
Without going on a long diatribe he's not playing the same system.  I think the point still stands where I've never seen a change like that and it come off to make you champion.  Maybe Conte in moving to a back 3 for Chelsea?  But they played the same way it was just adding another defender made them more stable.  Otherwise I'm out of ideas.

I know he's not playing the same system. He's tweaked it finally after the last 10 years of being susceptible to the same thing.  They're not going to be champions just because of his change, let's not ignore the fact that we've been ravaged by injuries all season long. It would be a lot different if we were at full strength and were going to to toe with them.

Conte is a good shout, it's not about just adding another defender, they didn't play with wingbacks with Mourinho so it's not that they played the same way. Alonso and Moses [Alonso particularly] were instrumental in their run and what they provided in his system. The system Conte uses and has used at all of his clubs in recent years is vastly different to what Chelsea did under Mourinho.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #738 on: February 18, 2021, 03:20:29 am »
I know he's not playing the same system. He's tweaked it finally after the last 10 years of being susceptible to the same thing.  They're not going to be champions just because of his change, let's not ignore the fact that we've been ravaged by injuries all season long. It would be a lot different if we were at full strength and were going to to toe with them.

Conte is a good shout, it's not about just adding another defender, they didn't play with wingbacks with Mourinho so it's not that they played the same way. Alonso and Moses [Alonso particularly] were instrumental in their run and what they provided in his system. The system Conte uses and has used at all of his clubs in recent years is vastly different to what Chelsea did under Mourinho.

But with Conte that was the way he setup his teams before and since.  It was only those first 4-5 games he deviated to try to give some semblance of continuity.  If you watched Inter last week it would look the same as when he was at Chelsea.  The way ManC plays now there isn't any reference to any previous Pep team in my mind.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: February 18, 2021, 07:55:44 am »
But with Conte that was the way he setup his teams before and since.  It was only those first 4-5 games he deviated to try to give some semblance of continuity.  If you watched Inter last week it would look the same as when he was at Chelsea.  The way ManC plays now there isn't any reference to any previous Pep team in my mind.
Rodgers went from.stale possession side at Swansea and trying that with us, to insane pressing/counter attacking in 13/14 and then has gone to a more counter attacking side at Leicester. We look very different as a team from 19/20 to what we did in 16/17-17/18

His side's have previously gone for this stale poessesion at times, pretty sure he did at Bayern and City at times in 18/19 during the title run in. Cancelo tucking in to midfield is a more extreme version of Delph and Alaba/lahm with the wings staying high and wide the same.

Defending with the ball is something he's done since Barca.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 07:57:30 am by Chris~ »