Author Topic: Round Table - Liverpool v Spurs  (Read 26781 times)

Offline norbert

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Round Table - Liverpool v Spurs
« Reply #160 on: March 16, 2013, 09:17:46 pm »
PoP anaylsis always makes for great reading but I disagree with him regards to Gerrard and Lucas controlling the midfield. I thought they were completely dominated in midfield bar the first 20 mins and maybe after we took the lead. So, a massive middle section of the match where Spurs was in complete control of the match to the point where I simply couldn't see us getting back into the game and it was looking far more likely they would score a 3rd rather than us getting a second. It is here Spurs could have killed the game. So I completely disagree that Gerrard and Lucas controlled the match, I think they marshalled Bale well but even restricted he (Bale) got two assists.

And if Gylfi had scored instead of hitting the post it would have been 3 assists. For all the fine appraisals of the game Sturridges header into the side netting around the 70th min mark was your first attempt on goal in the second half, a brain - fart by Walker, compounded by Lloris let you back in. Without that you were heading for the same scoreline you just experienced at St. Mary's. The team were set up poorly and in all honesty the introduction of Allen made no difference, We simply defended a couple of situations poorly.

Rodgers was looking lost on the touchline. Your defending was poor and if we had Lennon, Sandro and Kaboul, three key players, the result would have been very different. Imagine your side sans Coutinho, Lucas and Agger.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: March 16, 2013, 09:34:19 pm »
And if Gylfi had scored instead of hitting the post it would have been 3 assists. For all the fine appraisals of the game Sturridges header into the side netting around the 70th min mark was your first attempt on goal in the second half, a brain - fart by Walker, compounded by Lloris let you back in. Without that you were heading for the same scoreline you just experienced at St. Mary's. The team were set up poorly and in all honesty the introduction of Allen made no difference, We simply defended a couple of situations poorly.

Rodgers was looking lost on the touchline. Your defending was poor and if we had Lennon, Sandro and Kaboul, three key players, the result would have been very different. Imagine your side sans Coutinho, Lucas and Agger.

All I am taking from this is that you are a bad loser, a very bad one.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #162 on: March 16, 2013, 09:38:08 pm »

And if Bale wasn't a cheating c*nt Brad Jones would have kept a clean sheet so do one.

Offline norbert

• Main Stander
« Reply #163 on: March 16, 2013, 09:45:02 pm »
And if Bale wasn't a cheating c*nt Brad Jones would have kept a clean sheet so do one.

Might have done if your defenders could defend crosses.

Offline Alex7

• Kopite
« Reply #164 on: March 16, 2013, 09:48:02 pm »

Oh.. I can play this game. If Coutinho rightly gets his penalty at 1-0, Gerrard scores and you're losing 2-0  :wave

As for losing players, we played half a season without a striker, 12 months without Lucas, 9 months the season before without Gerrard. Shit happens! Squads are called squads for a reason  ;D

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #165 on: March 16, 2013, 09:49:07 pm »

So morally speaking, Spurs won the game?
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #166 on: March 16, 2013, 09:50:04 pm »

And if ...

... my auntie had a pair of bollocks, she'd be my uncle  :wave

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: March 16, 2013, 09:51:06 pm »
Norbert. Your manager put out 11 men of his choosing. His.

They lost. It's time you got to grips with that.

Ifithadntabinfer lives next door to our club. I didn't know she had a cousin down south  ;)
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #168 on: March 16, 2013, 09:53:01 pm »

Before today Liverpool and Spurs had identical defensive records, although I might add 3 of our goals conceded were the result of blatant fucking cheating by Spurs.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #169 on: March 16, 2013, 09:53:59 pm »
From a moral stand point I think Spurs won the match and are the best team in Europe.

They really are the number one team in north london now. Like Arsenal for years, teams can only beat them by lowering themselves to a morally reprehensible level of football, thuggery and cheating that Tottenham Lilly White Hotspurs would never, ever dream of descending to.

5.9 for style.
5.8 for bravery.
MBE for services to football.
Diddy Kong Racing 64 for Gareth Bale.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Dalglish1892

• Main Stander
« Reply #170 on: March 16, 2013, 09:58:20 pm »

Fucking hell, you're a sore loser. Remember you coming on to give your opinion on us after our defeat to West Brom in which you concluded there is something seriously wrong within the club, then didn't give an opinion on any of our decent follow-up performances.

Bad Bellend.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #171 on: March 16, 2013, 10:12:22 pm »

I agree with this. We rode our luck massively.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: March 17, 2013, 11:47:34 am »

Sorry but that was the biggest load of bull shit I have heard and trust me my family are all Spurs fans and they talk the biggest load of bullshit around. So for you to top that is a pretty impressive feat, you no mark unsuccessful load of shit club.

I agree with this. We rode our luck massively.

Rubbish.