Author Topic: Club statement  (Read 17050 times)

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Re: Club statement
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2013, 08:53:56 pm »
FFS Henry has admitted that there were bigger dollar bids that is a given. So it came down to convincing Broughton who was out of here as soon as the Club was sold, Purslow who we know was vehemently against NESV and Ayre who was the best custodians of the Club. I can't think who tipped NESV off can you ?

If you're hankering after Lim as an owner, there's really no hope mate. Broughton made the right call given those we know to have been involved. The Chinese bid was made of cheques in the post, Lim was objectionable on all kinds of levels and FSG offered what they offered with a track record of delivering. It's a no-brainer for most people.

JP-65's post has likely gone unnoticed, but worth reading again in terms of impact on the club financially. And this was the best outcome Hicks and Gillett could have hoped for given they're obviously skint and had such a flimsy case, and it saves our former board and current owners pouring in millions in legal fees without any prospect of recovering them in damages at the end of it. So Hicks and Gillett go away for good. I'm having a drink.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2013, 08:54:17 pm »
That's bollocks there was no short term investment Babel and Torres = Suarez and Carroll. As for investment mate it isn't, it is a loan.

Sometime before July they loaned the club £30m.

Now they may well get this back sometime in the future, but it proves what Purslow said about them not having any extra money for transfers was incorrect.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2013, 08:54:33 pm »
What do you call the interest free loans put in by Abramohvic and Sheik Mansour?

Are you honestly comparing them two with FSG.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2013, 08:55:26 pm »
Debt was supposed to be nil

So we have got bank funding for a unknown sized Stadium without Planning permission I would love to see that business plan.

Using other peoples money means borrowing against your assets something Henry freely admits doing.

They lent the Club £30m  which pretty much makes a mockery of your £38m debt notion.

I find it hard to believe you got so much wrong in such a short post.

Debt was never supposed to be nil, it was known from day one that the stadium debt and the over draft (which it was part of) was being kept.

Offline TitanTrigger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2013, 09:02:01 pm »
Debt was supposed to be nil

So we have got bank funding for a unknown sized Stadium without Planning permission I would love to see that business plan.

Using other peoples money means borrowing against your assets something Henry freely admits doing.

They lent the Club £30m  which pretty much makes a mockery of your £38m debt notion.

I find it hard to believe you got so much wrong in such a short post.

Who supposed debt was going to be nil??

Planning permission is due in the summer, we have the possibility of CPO use so for the first time in our history redevelopment is actually a viability.

And yet there is no evidence of any money going out of the club, further there are no charges held over any of the assets of the club so no loans have been made on our assets.

A 30m loan which attaches no interest and is not being repaid is not really a loan is it, it is equity under a more tax advantageous name. Same as Chelsea and City do it.

Likewise.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2013, 09:02:47 pm »
If you're hankering after Lim as an owner, there's really no hope mate. Broughton made the right call given those we know to have been involved. The Chinese bid was made of cheques in the post, Lim was objectionable on all kinds of levels and FSG offered what they offered with a track record of delivering. It's a no-brainer for most people.

JP-65's post has likely gone unnoticed, but worth reading again in terms of impact on the club financially. And this was the best outcome Hicks and Gillett could have hoped for given they're obviously skint and had such a flimsy case, and it saves our former board and current owners pouring in millions in legal fees without any prospect of recovering them in damages at the end of it. So Hicks and Gillett go away for good. I'm having a drink.

Who is hankering after Lim, I am just trying to point out that as with the Red Sox the owners managed to win an auction without the highest bid. The events leading up to the conclusion of the sale are for me as dodgy as fuck, if people want to turn a blind eye to that then fine.

As for getting rid of H&G have we mate because the fella Hicks brought into the Club and wanted to make CEO Ayre is still around and whilst everyone else gets fired for mistakes, he gets promoted for his.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2013, 09:04:27 pm »
Debt was never supposed to be nil, it was known from day one that the stadium debt and the over draft (which it was part of) was being kept.

Day one of the BarCap process ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline TitanTrigger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2013, 09:04:34 pm »
Are you honestly comparing them two with FSG.

It's quite clear that I am talking about interest free loans, this is how anyone in a private company with just the most basic understanding of tax law puts money into their company. Equity issues are really only relevant for public or multi owner companies.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2013, 09:06:26 pm »
Who is hankering after Lim, I am just trying to point out that as with the Red Sox the owners managed to win an auction without the highest bid. The events leading up to the conclusion of the sale are for me as dodgy as fuck, if people want to turn a blind eye to that then fine.

Yet a bunch of highly paid lawyers for H&G didn't seem to think so or would of pushed ahead with the legal action - however clearly you know more than all these and have access to so much more evidence?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2013, 09:07:58 pm »
Day one of the BarCap process ?

BarCap may of wanted no debt what so ever, but then they also probably wanted a £500m offer.

Now this is unless you're suggesting FSG offered one thing and then did another at the last minute? In which case you got evidence of this?

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
  • ...AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF THE LARK
« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2013, 09:10:34 pm »
Ah H&G
Those were the days
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2013, 09:18:18 pm »
BarCap may of wanted no debt what so ever, but then they also probably wanted a £500m offer.

Now this is unless you're suggesting FSG offered one thing and then did another at the last minute? In which case you got evidence of this?

Lim's bid cleared the debts completely and provided a transfer kitty, so what happened between his superior bid being the preferred bid and NESV's bid being followed by the quick hammer that ended the sale ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2013, 09:19:22 pm »
Yet a bunch of highly paid lawyers for H&G didn't seem to think so or would of pushed ahead with the legal action - however clearly you know more than all these and have access to so much more evidence?

What happened to no one knowing what the settlement was ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2013, 09:21:33 pm »
Lim's bid cleared the debts completely and provided a transfer kitty, so what happened between his superior bid being the preferred bid and NESV's bid being followed by the quick hammer that ended the sale ?

Quick hammer - I'm sure the date the purchase was announced was right up to the deadline which had been set a long while before (maybe before FSG were even interested, as know that came late in the game).

And once again, there was clearly something up with the Lim bid. Some reason that even though it cleared the debts and provided a transfer kitty that it wasn't picked. Otherwise Hick's lawyers would of had a field day with this and he'd be in court now, if not back at home counting up his payout, but they didn't. They tried to delay and delay because they had nothing what so ever at any time. And where is Lim's case as clearly he'd have all the required documents to push through a nice legal battle.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2013, 09:22:47 pm »
What happened to no one knowing what the settlement was ?

No one does, but if Hicks had evidence of wrong doing he would of been in court a long time ago and not held off for so long.

So, this evidence you clearly have, it is where..?

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2013, 09:33:19 pm »
'Bottom of the barrel' isn't the most positive of terminology.

Seeing as it was Purslow´s opinion, I don´t give a flying fuck about that.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2013, 09:34:54 pm »
Its over, the end...they lost, we got degrees  of win.

The club survived, and we could so easily have been "OldCo" and "NewCo" a la Rangers...

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2013, 09:36:39 pm »

So am I, and I imagine Broughton et al are too.

Its done and they got fuck all.

And with that I'm out, because all there is left is circular arguments.

So I raise a toast to the Swine's getting Epicly Swindled out of the club, pissing whats left away on Legal Fees, getting fuck all back and onwards and upwards for the club.

Hip Hip Hooray!
A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2013, 09:53:16 pm »
RIP this topic, another victim of Al.