Author Topic: Dear Brendan - a word to the wise  (Read 3771 times)

Offline rola

• Main Stander
Dear Brendan - a word to the wise
« on: August 3, 2012, 11:42:03 am »
Please stop talking about Swansea. You're manager of LFC now and it's a great opportunity to work at a massive club. There's the potential to do great things, play great football, entertain the fans, get the club challenging for PL & CL again.
But I don't want LFC to play like Swansea. I want us to play like Liverpool. So, do yourself and me a favour and stop mentioning Swansea, what you did at Swansea and how you played at Swansea. It's really not helpful or encouraging talk about getting Liverpool playing like a team who finished below them in the league last year.
Your new to the club and managing in top flight football. Don't make the same mistakes as that Hodgson fella and bang in incessantly about your methods and what you did elsewhere. Don't lower expectations like he did.
Focus on us. LFC - the team, the players, the fans. Build something better than you have before. You'll get all the backing you need from me and other Liverpool fans.
That's all. Good luck.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/mobile/football/19010887
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dear Brendan - a word to the wise
« Reply #1 on: August 3, 2012, 11:45:16 am »
I'm pretty sure it's not a sign of lowering expectations and modeling LFC to become Swansea.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2 on: August 3, 2012, 11:45:54 am »
Don't see the problem with what he said there to be honest.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #3 on: August 3, 2012, 11:46:06 am »
Dear Santa....

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #4 on: August 3, 2012, 11:47:15 am »
His Swansea team played better football than Liverpool last season with (worse) players.
What's your issue?
He also stated how proud he was to walk out as manager of LFC for his first competitive game.
Let's give him some time eh?
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #5 on: August 3, 2012, 11:47:30 am »
There is nothing wrong in what he said
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: August 3, 2012, 11:48:31 am »
Dear Rola.

Could you please get off your high horse and think before you start inane topics in the LFC forum please?

Offline ۩ Maximus ۩

• Long lost cousin of Imperator
  • Kopite
  • I AM AN IDIOT
« Reply #7 on: August 3, 2012, 11:49:20 am »
Anything to dig at our new manager, we have such a fucking negative nature these days its ridiculous. Some absolutely fucking idiotic fans.

Offline HariLFC

• Kopite
  • Walk on with hope in your heart.
« Reply #8 on: August 3, 2012, 11:49:51 am »
SHOCK HORROR - manager talks about implementing the philosophy that worked on his old team on LFC and with better players at his disposal.

Non story, non thread.

Offline placidcasual

• Main Stander
  • No you won't fool the children of the Rafalution
« Reply #9 on: August 3, 2012, 11:53:51 am »
Have yet to hear one single quote from Rodgers where he has tried to lower expectations like Hodgson did at every hand's turn.

Ridiculous and unnecessary attack.

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 3, 2012, 11:55:03 am »
Oh dear..

This is going to be one hell of a long season..

I just hope he has a thick neck

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 3, 2012, 11:55:04 am »
I think we often make too much from one quote. I'm as much as fault as anyone else. You realise this once your own quotes have been cut in half or been used out of context.

Rodgers needs to be able to say a few things, he needs to be able to refer to what he's seen/done before and he needs to get some time to explain and implement his ideas. The way Swansea played last season, with the players at their disposal, Rodgers can be proud of what he accomplished.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #12 on: August 3, 2012, 11:58:48 am »
Please stop talking about Swansea. You're manager of LFC now and it's a great opportunity to work at a massive club. There's the potential to do great things, play great football, entertain the fans, get the club challenging for PL & CL again.
But I don't want LFC to play like Swansea. I want us to play like Liverpool. So, do yourself and me a favour and stop mentioning Swansea, what you did at Swansea and how you played at Swansea. It's really not helpful or encouraging talk about getting Liverpool playing like a team who finished below them in the league last year.
Your new to the club and managing in top flight football. Don't make the same mistakes as that Hodgson fella and bang in incessantly about your methods and what you did elsewhere. Don't lower expectations like he did.
Focus on us. LFC - the team, the players, the fans. Build something better than you have before. You'll get all the backing you need from me and other Liverpool fans.
That's all. Good luck.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/mobile/football/19010887

another word to the wise....get off the internet and put the Olympics on
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #13 on: August 3, 2012, 11:59:45 am »
If anything, it reads like, at present he doesn't have the players to truly implement how he likes to play.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 3, 2012, 12:00:11 pm »
Do we need this thread, when he's manged us for a few games I'm sure he'll be talking about us all the time.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn