Author Topic: Anyone work in Human Resources??  (Read 808 times)

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
Anyone work in Human Resources??
« on: March 29, 2012, 05:21:31 pm »
I am contracted to 40 hours a week but have been off for the past 6 months on ssp with personal problems, I am owed 17 days accrued holiday, work have acknowledged this.

Do they have to pay me my holidays at my working rate of pay or ssp rate?

I have googled this and can't seem to find an answer.

Cheers.
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
Re: Anyone work in Human Resources??
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 05:32:22 pm »
Depends what their policy/your contract says.

I'm assuming they run from April to April?
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 05:40:02 pm »
Depends what their policy/your contract says.

I'm assuming they run from April to April?

Yes they do run April to April but im unsure of the contract/policy at the minute
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

Offline ClaireW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "If I can't dance, it's not my revolution"
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 08:42:29 pm »
It doesn't matter what is in your contract to a degree.  Your employer has to, by law, afford you the opportunity to take your leave, namely 28 days per year, including bank holidays.

They should not pay you for them at all, as that is not giving your statutory leave entitlement and they would be breaking the working time directive.  You should be made to take them.  That said, some employers do do it and if they are going to pay you it's at your pay rate, not SSP.