Author Topic: Stonedale Park  (Read 2057 times)

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Stonedale Park
« on: January 10, 2012, 08:55:54 pm »
Me and some friends are coming up for the Stoke game on Friday and staying at the Travelodge on Stonedale Park.
Are there any decent pubs around there or would it be better to get a cab into the city? Not looking to go mad, just somewhere to have a few pints. Cheers

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Stonedale Park
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 09:06:18 pm »
Straight into town. 

It's a business park, so you do have a cinema and a couple of places to eat etc, but other than that, there's fook all there other than houses etc, for a mile and a half in every direction.

There's  not many boozers within walking distance, and some of the boozers can also be a bit moody around there, if your face is not known.

taxi to town it is.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 09:07:52 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline Classic goal

• Kopite
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 10:39:20 pm »
Town's probably best if you aren't used to the city. There aren't any boozers near to the travelodge, nearest ones are in croccy so best to avoid. If you can't be fucked with a taxi to town and back then maybe take one to West Derby Village. It's 5-10mins away by taxi from your hotel. I find the Hare and Hounds is ok, but the Sefton nearby can get a bit mad. Both places are a bit lively on a friday night as well. The Derby Mills on Muirhead Avenue is a little closer but last few times I've been there it's been dead.

Offline Rafette

• Kopite
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off.....
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 10:54:37 pm »
There's the British Legion at Stonedale Cross.... ;)
"If you can't make decisions in life, you're a bloody menace. You'd be better becoming an MP!" Bill Shankly

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 12:52:05 am »
I din't even know the Stonebridge was still open.  It looks closed and very neglected, from the outside.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 01:36:24 am »
Your on a retail Park which is safe but some of the surrounding housing estates can be a bit rough  but you've no real reason to go on them as most of the alehouses are fairly rough. Don't worry though personally i'd skip West derby village and head straight into town, have a ball and get a taxi back, either a black cab which are a bit dearer or get a delta (0151 922 7373) cheaper, loads of them and fairly reliable. have a good night.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 01:13:19 pm »
Cheers for the info lads. Looks like a taxi into town it is.

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 03:31:44 pm »
I stayed here in 2010! Nice hotel, but me and me old man got taxi into town for roughly 6/7 quid and drank there, cabbies were helpful with decent places to eat too!
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 04:30:16 pm »
I stayed here in 2010! Nice hotel, but me and me old man got taxi into town for roughly 6/7 quid and drank there, cabbies were helpful with decent places to eat too!

We got a taxi into town. Was £12.50. Went in a pub called The William Gladstone. Nice and cheap so we stayed in there all night. Taxi back was £15. Hotel was fine. Basic, but nice and clean. Only £13 each for the night.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 06:01:42 pm »
We got a taxi into town. Was £12.50. Went in a pub called The William Gladstone. Nice and cheap so we stayed in there all night. Taxi back was £15. Hotel was fine. Basic, but nice and clean. Only £13 each for the night.

The old Hogshead that. It's fine for a cheap bevvy but I'd branch out more next time, there are some really good boozers not far from there - Rigby's just down the road is a good pub.